Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Replace the OP with a collection of all the funny gifs and videos and nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Berious posted:

Remember when RPS said the game wasn't good and the internet wrote paragraphs about how they are wrong and the game will be good? I bet the internet is feeling silly now!
remeber when people cared about video game reviews and spent lots of their time talking about whether or not a video game is good on the internet

i bet those people have no self awareness and are human garbage now!

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

lmfao jesus christ

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Nazzadan posted:

I would pay good money for the San Andreas crew to replace the Andromeda crew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWOQQTBCcTM

The true Ryder. Hell, watching this, the way the characters move and talk in SA is like 10x better and more lifelike than anything I've seen from ME:A.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

cams posted:

remeber when people cared about video game reviews and spent lots of their time talking about whether or not a video game is good on the internet

This but unironically.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
All you had to do was find the drat path, Ryder!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Bossie Lott posted:

Jaal and his whole species are one of the best examples of the lack of talent and skill evident in this game. Like, I'm sure development has been poo poo and rushed and hellish, but there's still a lack of honest talent at work in so much of this game, it's visuals and aesthetics especially. Most of the good stuff is just recycled from the original trilogy but these new alien designs, enemies included, are just so incredibly poor. While you could always criticise Mass Effect for being a little bit unimaginative with their alien designs considering the medium and how it essentially allows you to make whatever you want instead of bipedal humanoid, designs like the Salarians, the Krogan, the Turians especially and even the Volus are all great. There is nothing good or redeeming about Jaal and his species, they look like complete poo poo. The Kett are not much better either.

this. the designs for all the original aliens were cool and while not the most imaganative, they are memorable and unique. the jaal people arnt the worst, but they arnt great, they look like budget scifi movie design. the kett just look like the bad guys from guardians of the galaxy cept they have rain frog faces.

see.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

MadBimber posted:

lmfao jesus christ

to be fair this is a character that someone made look stupid and ugly on purpose

let's not go crazy here

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

DrNutt posted:

So how in the gently caress do you equip weapons and armor? I picked up a couple things but the game refuses to let me change anything I have equipped.

Once you get to the Tempest there's a room off to the left in the cockpit that has a loadout box. I went for 4-5 hours without even realizing that door was there and kept going to outposts/flying off and back on to the planet to change stuff. Don't be like me.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Lamar and Franklin can be on the crew, too. Lamar can be a Salarian

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

All you had to do was find the drat path, Ryder!

If you can find your path, while everybody loses theirs, you straight, homie!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Zzulu posted:

Impressions on femryder or boyryder? Which one to pick??

FEMRYDER! but only if you're going default face. I hear she's got a better VA but the best bit is default femryder has the derpiest face I've seen in a game and its genuinely endearing. She feels like a malfunctioning Westworld robot, "she's baring her teeth again! this ones really overdue for maintanence" or she's Philomena Cunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvpbW7JRu0Q.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Salarians are obviously Greys and Turians are reptoids

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Michaellaneous posted:

Replace the OP with a collection of all the funny gifs and videos and nothing else.

And this:

Rookersh posted:

Bioware doesn't exist anymore.

DA:O was a surprise success that took 6ish years to make and almost everyone working at Bioware to put out the door. EA had no faith in it, and suddenly it was one of their top selling franchises. So they did what EA does to highly successful franchises, and asked Bioware to make another one. Except for this new one, they wanted it started and finished in under a year, as they had a dream of an annual RPG franchise. Mind you that's hard enough to pull off for FPS games which are relatively simple to make with multiple teams. Bioware was expected to put together a full length AAA RPG in 6-7 months while also putting out the last of the DA:O DLC.

This killed the company. Huge swathes of people up and quit. They couldn't handle the stress. They couldn't handle what they were expected to do. Every single major program director and creative lead left the company during this year period where they were developing DA2. Go look at LinkedIn profiles for the major people that worked on DA:O, and more then half of them suddenly leave Bioware in 2010. The combat director quit and wasn't replaced for months, so they had no real lead directing what the combat should have been during that period. Major story beats and combat ideas got forced into the game in the final months of 2010 not because they were good, but because the game needed to ship in a few months and it needed to get out the door. To help the DA team actually finish DA2 in a somewhat annual fashion, they drew most of the ME2 team off ME, throwing them into this grinder as well.

By the time DA2 launched, around half if not more of the original "Bioware" was gone. Go through the credits of DA:O, ME1, or ME2 and start LinkedIning people, none of them work for Bioware anymore. Most left between 2010 and 2012.

It's been a pretty steady drain since then. Compare the credits list of Inquisition to the credits list of DA:O or DA2. It's almost an entirely new team, and it's a team that Bioware specifically hired to replace the losses from DA2. It's why so many styles have changed since then, why the gameplay changed so steadily, and why they chose to try so many new things. Because Inquisition wasn't made by the DA:O team trying their hand at open world game design. It was maybe 1/6th of the guys that even touched DA:O/DA2 suddenly getting an influx of new blood, most of it Bioware fans finally getting a chance to work for the company they loved, that had great new ideas for what they wanted out of future Bioware games.

It's the same for the ME team. The brain drain has been bad, and the development of Andromeda has apparently picked off massive chunks of the team. The lead writer of the group was the lead writer for Halo 4, and he apparently clashed with a lot of the senior writers/main writers of previous ME games. A whole bunch of goon favorite ME writers have quit the company, and on various development forums have mentioned it was due to creative differences with the former lead writer. Gameplay leads have been leaving the ME/Bioware teams at a pretty steady pace since the game was developed as well. The story had to be picked up mid completion as the lead writer got forced out/quit and replaced, which likely doesn't mean great things for the narrative ( which we are also seeing here. ). Andromeda has currently had the great slow drip of Bioware talent since the dark days of 2010 when DA2 "killed" the company. They've been forced to cycle talent multiple times during the development of Andromeda, not just in management ( which has seen multiple complete turnovers ), but also among the rank and file people working on the game.

This isn't to say Andromeda can't be great, or that it won't live up to the hype. I'm personally hoping it does because I need something to play right now. But if it's good, it'll be good on it's own merits and it's own merits alone, rather then because "it's a Bioware game, I like Bioware!". Because Bioware doesn't exist anymore, it's a completely new entity and needs to be treated as such. People really need to be viewing this as "EA'S NEW ACQUISITION, BIOWARE VICTORY'S FIRST RPG. HOPE IT'S GOOD." rather then "Bioware always makes quality. I know what I'll get here.". As it is right now, EA is propping up Bioware's corpse with a new studio and hoping people don't notice while they keep using it as their RPG house.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

cams posted:

this hits close to home

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Nazzadan posted:

UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND
UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND
UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND
THE AN DRO ME DA

Like this, like that?

I DON'T LIKE IT, NOT AT ALL!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Like this, like that?

I DON'T LIKE IT, NOT AT ALL!

Bioware are pushing the boundaries with the first AAA anal scene

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

AwkwardKnob posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA07hLF-3tE

I am no longer angry about this game being a hot turd upon release because this poo poo is so loving funny that it's now entirely worth it.

look at this poor hopeful jerk

i want to believe that, but i definitely don't

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm...worried this game isn't going to be very good.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

PATCH NOTES:

- Fixed glitch: game released for consumer use.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Michaellaneous posted:

This but unironically.
there is nothing ironic about my thinking people who get in opinion fights about toys on the internet are human garbage

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Berious posted:

Geez, so x-rated! She's just getting a pedicure and trying not to laugh.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

cams posted:

there is nothing ironic about my thinking people who get in opinion fights about toys on the internet are human garbage

nice to meet you then, human garbage

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FunkMonkey posted:

PATCH NOTES:

- Fixed glitch: game released for consumer use.

Bioware are going to be SO embarrassed when they used the pre-alpha footage for all trailers and gave a beta to reviewers and early access while players get to buy the finished thing next week.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

cams posted:

You were making death threats against people who revived teammates in the For Honor thread Cams, come on. You wrote that massive post arguing against the guy who believed gear score wasn't a big deal to him.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 16, 2017

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

*strained fart*

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Michaellaneous posted:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Berious posted:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Zzulu posted:

aint gonna comment on story or characters yet but the bitching about animations has so far been completely ridiculous from what I've seen of the game. They're easily on par with any other Mass Effect and in many cases better.

Lol that's true enough

E: remember Mass Effect 2? :shepface:

2house2fly fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 16, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

This is absolutely incredible, saved it without hesitation.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Well, maybe this will make good material for another low effort screenshot LP of a sexy bioware game, like the one on DA2 that got gassed in progress some 5 years ago. Too bad the pictures are gone from that.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Just so I know how the Origin refund policy works: From the moment I load up the game I have 24 hours to refund? The seven-day window is only if I [/i]don't[/i] launch the game at all?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

FunkMonkey posted:

You were making death threats against people who revived teammates in the For Honor thread Cams, come on. You wrote that massive post arguing against the guy who believed gear score wasn't a big deal to him.
lol quote the post where you think i made death threats against people so i can call you an illiterate weirdo.

and yeah i was posting about the game i was playing and my experience with it. i was not talking about for honor's place in gaming history or how game reviewers lack integrity. i also didn't spend months posting about how the game looks bad and how everything the developer ever made was bad, but still posted in the thread about the game.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I bit the bullet for the trial and I basically gave up on the character creation. There are like no options, and the fun of taking your personal Shep/Ryder is gone. That's, like, the whole point of the series. :(

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Can I romance Pingu?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Mass effect has the wrong type of skeletal animation

This is the new hell thread?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

cams posted:

Dude, I don't think you get to stick with the 'Anyone who cares about or has opinions on a videogame is a worthless loser' gimmick immediately after posting your own impressions of the loving game.

Maybe the person who has zero self awareness... is you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Lobok posted:

Can I romance Pingu?

Pingu is a child penguin you perv

You can gently caress Pingu's parents tho