Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The sex scene in the Charlie Sheen movie the Chase is pretty amazing as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
To be sure the "traditional" sex scene (to the extent that it's ever been that common, and this is questionable) is usually just kind of a pleasant little interlude and then on with the show, but hey, I'll accept that.

Also good trailer over all, has a Modesty Blaise vibe to it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Gatts posted:

Sex scenes in a movie can be awesome. Hot Shots!

Topped only by the hot sex in Team America: World Police.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
And what would Anti-Christ be without its sex scenes?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Terminator and Highlander are a great double feature re good sax scenes.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Grendels Dad posted:

Also that sax player in Lost Boys, a real classic sax scene.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Timby posted:

Not officially greenlit yet but Paramount announced back in July that they were developing another movie (originally with Payne and McKay, the original writers of Beyond who were fired). All that we know so far is that Pine and Quinto are the only cast members under contract -- they demanded huge pay raises to do Beyond, Paramount agreed on the condition that they sign new contracts with an option for a sequel -- and that the story involves George Kirk, so time travel fuckery is involved.

Pretty sure Chris Hemsworth is also signed on as well.

re: Matrix talk. I made the mistake of watching Jackie Chan's Drunken Master II before seeing The Matrix in theaters, and found myself disappointed in how boring The Matrix's fight scenes were after watching DM II.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
MacGrubers back to back sex scenes are the best

Unnnhh I'm gonna shoot, I'm gonna shoot unnnnh

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Grendels Dad posted:

I assume this isn't a typo but a great term for 80's sax-heavy sex scenes.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Let's not forget Lethal Weapon 2

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Lobok posted:

I assume this isn't a typo but a great term for 80's sax-heavy sex scenes.

It was deliberate even though I'm pretty sure Terminator's sex scene doesn't have any sax going on.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Grendels Dad posted:

Highlander: The Final Dimension and Highlander Endgame are also a great double feature re total :laffo: sex scenes.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Davros1 posted:

Pretty sure Chris Hemsworth is also signed on as well.

No poo poo, hence my mention of George Kirk. Hemsworth said in January he was doing it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

It was deliberate even though I'm pretty sure Terminator's sex scene doesn't have any sax going on.

Brad Fiedel plays mean cyber-sax

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gatts posted:

And Conan the Barbarian :love:

I also recently saw Shoot Em Up and it had a good sex scene.

Lord Seo
Aug 7, 2011

I should have learned Kung-fu instead of ethics.

Grendels Dad posted:

Forbidden World has the greatest all time sax scene. It also happens to be one of the better sex scenes in a movie too. Just as mr. bounty hunter gets it on with sexy lady #1, the sleazy dude watching on the camera gets his yo-yo going in time to their thrusts, but what really makes it is when the scene cuts to black guy next door starting to playing his crystal saxophone just as the sax comes onto the soundtrack. It really is one of the greatest cheap alien knock-offs.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

.Existenz is a good mind-bender. I also liked the 13th Floor (or whatever it was titled). Both decent movies that got swept up as poor man's Matrix flicks.

After watching World On A Wire, The Thirteenth Floor was a better movie than the source, certainly a controversial opinion.

got any sevens posted:

And Conan the Barbarian :love:

I also recently saw Shoot Em Up and it had a good sex scene.

Surprised no one mentioned the Fight Club sex scene.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Shoot'em Up's sex scene is fun in a stupid way and a set up for a really bad joke.

edit: beaten!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I liked Crank's sex scene.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Alex Kurtzman To Direct Spider-Man Spin-Off ‘Venom’, Coming In 2018

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Gross

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There are people that actually think Sony's new horror movie Life is actually a stealth Venom movie just because they reused a Spider-Man 3 crowd shot for the red band trailer.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Lord Seo posted:

Forbidden World has the greatest all time sax scene.

I wish this was not a typo

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

Also good trailer over all, has a Modesty Blaise vibe to it.

I remember there actually was a Modesty Blaise film a few years ago. It was not good, so lets hope it's better than that.

Also, there's a decent chunk of white male viewers who view the presence of literally anything other than straight white men as a statement or agenda directed right at them. Nothing simply exists, it's all part of a conspiracy aimed to upset them.

Davros1 posted:

re: Matrix talk. I made the mistake of watching Jackie Chan's Drunken Master II before seeing The Matrix in theaters, and found myself disappointed in how boring The Matrix's fight scenes were after watching DM II.

To be fair to the Matrix, Drunken Master 2 has this effect on almost every other martial arts movie ever, including 90% of Chan's other work, excluding, maybe, the Police Story movies and The Young Master. It's a goddamn masterpiece even if it starts pretty slow.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Drunken Master II has the battle under the train pretty soon into it doesn't it?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Lobok posted:

Drunken Master II has the battle under the train pretty soon into it doesn't it?

It does. And, as a brilliant bit of history, the other bloke in it actually trained under one of the real Wong Fei Hung's disciples, kind of like how John Wayne used to hang out with the real Wyatt Earp.

There's still a pretty long gap between that and the first drunken fight. Once that movie gets going, though, it really doesn't stop. That finale, with the fight against the giant guy, the 5 henchmen and then the two bosses, is one of the most amazing things I've ever watched.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
Fallen Rib
If it wasn't for the sex scenes in The Room....yea I got nothing to go after that.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

GrandpaPants posted:

Kids shouldn't be in action movies.

Long Kiss Goodnight, True Lies

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Gatts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OfOuTDLpBU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

GrandpaPants posted:

Kids shouldn't be in action movies.
Unless said movie is made by Shane Black

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Y'all should be sure to watch the original Chinese ending scene for Drunken Master 2, it's loving bonkers.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Casimir Radon posted:

It wasn't that bad and certainly didn't deserve the drubbing the critics gave it. I've seen far dumber movies get at least a 60% on RT. Rupert Friend looks like a gun toting Moby but it was a decently enjoyable although forgettable movie.

He made a better 47 than Olyphant, at the very least. The movie wasn't bad until the lackluster ending sequence and that lovely, lovely cliffhanger / sequel hook / whatever the gently caress it was supposed to be.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They really should just make Hitman a TV show in the vein of that Golgo 13 anime series from a few years back.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

There was a Golgo-13 series? I just remember in the '90s there was an animated movie that was good and then there was another one that was not so good.

FilthyImp posted:

Equilibrium was just Fahrenheit 451 for the Computer/Millennium generation.

How do these two things compare to one another at all?

Lemon posted:

I was still living at my parents' when I watched A History of Violence and that one sex scene made me really glad I wasn't watching it with my folks.

...would they have been okay with, y'know, anything else in that movie?

raditts fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 17, 2017

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Neo Rasa posted:

I didn't see Ninja Assassin, can you clarify this part? Is the guy that plays Raizo awesome in it? Or are you saying he was bad in it and therefore people would have upheld it as a sign that Asian people should no longer play martial artists?

Rain is serviceable but the film itself is badly put together and at times he seems more of a side character than the title character, as there are two cop characters who drive a lot of the show. Some of that is probably because they rewrote the script in like 3-4 days before they started filming, which lead to some other inconsistencies (like halfway through the ninjas change from invincible stealth killers that are literally shadows to goons that cops with automatic weapons can easily take out.) The whole origin thing becomes generic instead of a better written, more mythological origin where we could have had a person with martial arts powers that are partially magical battle against evil martial clans with the help of a few friends while also being Asian and not a transplant white savior, but instead things just got bland and focused more on having bloody action visuals and Raizo just being a regular skilled ninja guy. It just could have been more than visuals, but instead just contributed more ammo to those who say no one wants to watch films with Asian leads.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Baron von Eevl posted:

Y'all should be sure to watch the original Chinese ending scene for Drunken Master 2, it's loving bonkers.

Looks like the same fight, just with the foley on steroids, sounds like street fighter

https://youtu.be/WEt4B1poOfM

I prefer the music in the american version, has a nice swell during the climax
https://youtu.be/CgrvEWGdDq4

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Apes-Ma posted:

I love how Cronenberg managed to portray the loopy logic of a 90's point-and-click game on film. eXistenZ is a treasure.

What would a modern eXistenZ look like?

Perhaps it would comment on the existential tedium and pointless consumerism of the "map game".

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X2OFATdulc

(Alas, no video seems to combine the Kevin Kline sniffing the boot and this.)

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Spatula City posted:

What would a modern eXistenZ look like?

Perhaps it would comment on the existential tedium and pointless consumerism of the "map game".

Pokemon Go, except the Pokemon are real and also disgusting frog-crab-slug abominations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Chairman Capone posted:

Pokemon Go, except the Pokemon are real and also disgusting frog-crab-slug abominations.

A future where people use an ARG Pokemon Go type app to find different homeless people via facial recognition but all things like homeless shelters/etc. safety nets are abolished to meet the demand people have be able to discover new homeless people for the first time to add them into the game.

• Locked thread