Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

cory booker. dude never met a prescription drug nor a charter school that he didn't want to throw other people's wallets at.

idk this bill is so loving toxic I think even he could tell. Democrats are practically begging for some kind of "reasonable" measure, and it's never gonna come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

cory booker. dude never met a prescription drug nor a charter school that he didn't want to throw other people's wallets at.

I understand being cynical and assuming the Dems have no spine about anything but at the Senate level they certainly know well enough which way the political winds are blowing well enough.

Like if AHCA were publicly somewhat popular you would no doubt see shithead Dems jump ship. As is it now it requires no backbone at all to poo poo all over GOP bills.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
this thread is great because this thread is good

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

paranoid randroid posted:

this thread does suck tho

This thread was good after the election

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

"Dems fold at everything"

"Dems aren't folding"

"Yeah but in a different reality they totally would, checkmate."

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

this thread is great because this thread is good

Funny that even hardcore hill shills are now on board with dunking on the khaleesi

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

there isn't anyone who doesn't manage a health savings account that likes this plan

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

This thread was good after the election

i cant confirm or deny this fact but as of the current time it appears to have degenerated into inchoate pissy hollering about tweets

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

zegermans posted:

"Dems fold at everything"

"Dems aren't folding"

"Yeah but in a different reality they totally would, checkmate."

dems fold towards the right and dont fold ever at all costs towards the left

but you knew this already

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Funny that even hardcore hill shills are now on board with dunking on the khaleesi

she had one job

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

i cant confirm or deny this fact but as of the current time it appears to have degenerated into inchoate pissy hollering about tweets

Instead of whining why don't you start posting some quality content?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Instead of whining why don't you start posting some quality content?

pfft, in this thread? talk about wasted effort

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Concerned Citizen posted:

DID YOU KNOW: 99% of Iowa's corn is "field corn," which is primarily used for livestock feed and ethanol?

Yep. The main reason that state is trash, also the gross level of subsidies they, and corn crops in general get.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
this thread is good, its just that tweets send any thread on SA into a reactionary death spiral apparently

it should be preemptively gassed if someone posts a tweet of square pizza

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Personally I got into this thread in the first place for bad tweets from Hill folk, your Daous and your Marcottes. I love Internet drama.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
corn is bad because Iowa is bad

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

this thread does suck tho

And I am lazy...

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This thread is already great, I'm a continuation of what the previous posters represent, vote for me

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

logikv9 posted:

corn is bad because Iowa is bad

Corn is great because Corn is good.

-a 1 billion dollar slogan, apparently

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

This thread is already great, I'm a continuation of what the previous posters represent, vote for me

*votes baloogan*

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

If your power and money are going to increase then you like his policies, it's pretty logical. She's a hypocrite that says policies are bad and then directly benefits from them lol

i don't like his policies even though, as a white male, i unquestionably benefit from them

Oh Snapple! posted:

well I mean he was always a compromise candidate for the position but during the race you could at least nominally chalk some things up to "having to appeal to the shitshow that is the DNC voter"

it was obvious from the beginning that someone who felt like he had to do lovely things to get elected and didn't mind compromising their ethics for the sake of power would continue to do those lovely things after the election. though it'll never be as hilarious to me as the "compromise candidate" excuse

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Does this mean we get to eventually disavow you and curse every time your name comes up and you'll go and hide in the woods forever?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

freckle posted:

*votes baloogan*

lol if you weren't gonna vote baloogan anyway

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Vote baloogan early and often

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
gently caress outta here Chelsea your mom lost, twice

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Scent of Worf posted:

gently caress outta here Chelsea your mom lost, twice

Yeah but Worf lost like every fight he was ever in except the Jem'hadar prison rock

And I guess against Duras

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

Yeah but Worf lost like every fight he was ever in except the Jem'hadar prison rock

And I guess against Duras

I wouldn't vote Worf for president either

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

docbeard posted:

Does this mean we get to eventually disavow you and curse every time your name comes up and you'll go and hide in the woods forever?

Nah I'm gonna run for NYC mayor

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this thread is great in the fact that it is a stupid circular argument like D&D just with less words and grammar

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

loquacius posted:

I wouldn't vote Worf for president either

worf would dishonor himself and his family to see his people survive though so better than on alternative that comes to mind

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I legit don't think a single Dem will touch anything involving the AHCA because it is increasingly hard to find Republicans who will either

that's only true for the current bill

when the current AHCA fails because no one likes it except the center-right, the Republicans will have to write a new one, and at that point people who can promise to vote for it in exchange for certain concessions or changes have a fair chance of getting what they want. that's when all the centrist bullshit is gonna come out of the woodwork, especially since the GOP leaders have already signaled that they're worried about losing moderates by going too far right

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't know if the GOP will try another bill. The current one took months to put together and it is a half baked piece of poo poo. But maybe I am wrong.

Myabe they will do something like only removing the mandate to make their base happy. But they clearly don't have a defendable system to replace it with.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

zegermans posted:

most of this thread is actually happier Hillary lost than sad that Trump won

Trump winning has made planned parenthood and bernie more popular than republicans. If you're looking at the longer timeline, her loss was more useful than her win would've been.

Plus, enjoying her eat crow for her hubris.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

at the end of the day hillary suffered no true loss for her hubris and will live the rest of her life in comfort due to the millions of dollars she was able to secure for herself throughout her career. pretty much the only thing that can really be done is insuring that her name and it's attached legacy is spat on for the rest of eternity.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

anime was right posted:

this thread is great in the fact that it is a stupid circular argument like D&D just with less words and grammar

Speak for yourself *makes deep gutteral noises*

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

logikv9 posted:

Vote baloogan early and often

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol is that barron forground on the right playing minecraft? ahhahahah he don't give a gently caress

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Oh Snapple! posted:

at the end of the day hillary suffered no true loss for her hubris and will live the rest of her life in comfort due to the millions of dollars she was able to secure for herself throughout her career. pretty much the only thing that can really be done is insuring that her name and it's attached legacy is spat on for the rest of eternity.

I'd also like to say that cornbread pudding is great.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Brother Friendship posted:

I'd also like to say that cornbread pudding is great.

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also wanna say that you should have listened to half the counry who really hates her :/

• Locked thread