Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lol yeah let me go with the inconvenience of physical over digital so I can save tens of dollars by selling all my all-time great games back to gamestop.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
My only regret is not getting the wind waker Link/Zelda amiibo combo

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I just sold A Link Between Worlds for the 3DS for 2 dollars less than I paid for it brand new.

Never buy digital when physical is an option is this gamer's opinion.

I think you lost on that one because now you can no longer play A Link Between Worlds

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Tender Bender posted:

Lol yeah let me go with the inconvenience of physical over digital so I can save tens of dollars by selling all-time great games back to gamestop.

Hey, man. Some of us just like physical media ok? They're small, easy to carry, and don't take up space on the lovely 32GB of storage we have. I'm saving that space for all the future digital-only games and hoping that, by the time it's full, 256GB cards will be much cheaper.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Physical inconvenience lol, of putting the card in the slot ugh my fat sausage fingers can't handle it

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Physical is cheaper (Amazon Prime 20% off), looks nice on the shelf, can be resold, and will still be playable once servers are gone. I usually would download games like MK8 since they are the type I would play while playing a single player game like Zelda and would hate swapping carts back and forth. However, with Nintendo first party game retaining value and being cheaper from Amazon in the first 2 weeks than it will be anywhere except eBay for years, may as well save money.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Carts are back bitches, give me the carts, give me all of them.

And then give me a cart of Kart to cart around.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Tender Bender posted:

Lol yeah let me go with the inconvenience of physical over digital so I can save tens of dollars by selling all my all-time great games back to gamestop.

Pretty sure no one is selling games to GameStop

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

My dude, why are you not ebaying your used games?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I only have practical, money related reasons for going physical. It's cheaper in both short and long term and if/when I want to sell anything I have the option. I doubt anyone wants to buy my Wii U that has hundreds of dollars of games on it for whatever I would want to sell it for.

Plus you can find extremely discounted games on amazon and in stores, that's always a fun thing to look for.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Kirios posted:

My dude, why are you not ebaying your used games?

Selling stuff on ebay is a fool's game. Someone WILL burn you at some point. The risk is much lower and convenient to just gamestop them.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Infinitum posted:

- Interesting to see Syberia 3 up on the official site, as I hadn't seen it announced anywhere previously.

I wish they would port the entire series. Syberia 1 worked pretty well on the original Xbox.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 16, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

incoherent posted:

Selling stuff on ebay is a fool's game. Someone WILL burn you at some point. The risk is much lower and convenient to just gamestop them.

I Amazon them and never have a a problem. Their print a shipping label is cheaper then I can ship things myself.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Policenaut posted:

Denis Dyack claims MGS: Twin Snakes on Switch is a possibility.

Also Konami has just announced they're releasing an update to Super Bomberman R tomorrow that should alleviate online play lag and all-around input delay.

hooray

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just do a MGS collection of 1-5 for the Switch. That'd be dope.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Just do a MGS collection of 1-5 for the Switch. That'd be dope.

I'd buy for $100.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mgs5 couldn't run on a switch, MAYBE MGS4.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

How do you know :colbert:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Carts are awesome cause I can blast 80's music in my neon colored paradise while I slam it into my Switch while nodding to my MJ poster as the kickin rad game loads

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Tender Bender posted:

Like GameStop was gonna give me $60 for Metroid Prime Trilogy. If you find cart switching laborious how do you even play games at all?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

It runs on ps3. It would work fine.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Isn't mgsv on 360?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I will pay a lot for a MGS collection

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

iirc people were saying the PC version scaled well.

But it's not like we'd get something other than MG Survive at a bad camera angle from Konami.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N22YAIP

Travel messenger bag back up for preorder, shipping on the 25th.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
So the good thing about this video about whether there is a pro-Nintendo bias in game reviews is that this is the one time I can say "Have I got good news for you." if you watch this and for some reason are so mad at the guy in the middle you wish he was reprimanded in some way...

Like first of all take a step back and realize how much energy you're putting into about getting mad at somebody's opinion about video games.

But then hold on because like I said before you are gonna get some good news.

Edit: "Nobody would have given a poo poo about Splatoon if it came out on PS4 or Xbox One."

Woo boy. That is some logical thinking there.

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 16, 2017

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
No one should care what Colin Moriarty says about any topic.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

He left Kinda Funny Games this week and is focusing on politics/culture now.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Can confirm the amFilm/Case are good products and was happy to get them

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FireMrshlBill posted:

He left Kinda Funny Games this week and is focusing on politics/culture now.

At least we'll always have this article to remember him by.

(To be fair to the Vita it has gotten quite a number of games over the past half-decade. However they weren't...they weren't always games someone like him could proudly champion and tell mothers their child needs to buy a Vita to play this awesome title.)

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 16, 2017

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bloodplay it again posted:

Like GameStop was gonna give me $60 for Metroid Prime Trilogy. If you find cart switching laborious how do you even play games at all?

Who said it's laborious? It's just less convenient than pressing an icon in your home screen, and needing to keep every game you own stored near your console and also taking them with you everywhere you go.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Anyone have any experience with the RDS System case that holds the dock and everything? Biggest complaint (aside from the awful smell RDS cases always have...) I've seen is that if you have the Joycons attached to the grip, the bottom-most button can get pressed and cause it to drain the left Joycon's battery. I'd just have the joycons attached to the console itself, so that isn't a problem, and I'd be sticking a Pro controller in there instead. Is the material the Switch itself gets jammed into towards the front abrasive enough that it could scratch the screen?

Tender Bender posted:

Who said it's laborious? It's just less convenient than pressing an icon in your home screen, and needing to keep every game you own stored near your console and also taking them with you everywhere you go.

If the cartridges were the size of a SNES cartridge then, yeah, it'd suck having to pack them all up, but nearly every Switch case comes with some plastic pack that holds at least 4 Switch games and you generally get two of them in the cases I've looked at. One game in the system and eight in cases gives you access to 9 games and it's not worth gambling on whether we're gonna be able to connect to a server to redownload software in the future. Plus, when physical is the same (or cheaper in the case of GCU) price as digital, I don't understand why the four seconds you'd save swapping out the cartridge is really worth going all digital. At least not until Nintendo works out the kinks with their OS to allow you to choose where to save games.

I'm biased about this though and I got probated once because I thought I was posting a similar point of discussion in the PS4 thread when it was actually the PSN Store thread. Probated before I even realized I had posted in the wrong thread.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 16, 2017

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

At least we'll always have this article to remember him by.

(To be fair to the Vita it has gotten quite a number of games over the past half-decade. However they weren't...they weren't always games someone like him could proudly champion and tell mothers their child needs to buy a Vita to play this awesome title.)

Haha, oh man. Uncharted, Resistance and Gravity Rush were all great games, but ya, he jumped the gun. Funny he didn't jump similarly with he Switch's early lineup including Zelda, but I guess he crapped on Zelda but I am sure he loves Horizon, saw him on the Rubin Report where I think he praised it and said he would buy Rubin a PS4... but I guess he needs to hold onto his money now until he launches his next venture.

I still love my Vita though and think the talk about it killed it more than it actually deserved. I think if it took SD cards from the get go, it would have launched stronger as many people shat on the expensive memory cards and didn't buy it (myself included at first, though I eyed it a long time until the slim model came out and bit the bullet, glad I did). It still had some great games, especially indies and could have had more if it had better PR.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sonic 2017 is now "Sonic Forces" and Sonic Mania got delayed to the Summer. Apparently they still need to polish some of the levels, but they also put out a trailer for a "Classic Zone"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyXg9kAp4Vc

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

Or you could just keep them in the cartridge slots that every portable case has?

I bought the most basic case that Nintendo makes and it has spots for 14 cartridges.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Policenaut posted:

Sonic 2017 is now "Sonic Forces" and Sonic Mania got delayed to the Summer. Apparently they still need to polish some of the levels, but they also put out a trailer for a "Classic Zone"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyXg9kAp4Vc

The Sonic Force is like the Council of Reeds/Ricks.

A multidimensional government made up of every possible iteration of Sonic who make sure all Sonics stay within their self-imposed limits.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

thexerox123 posted:

Or you could just keep them in the cartridge slots that every portable case has?

I bought the most basic case that Nintendo makes and it has spots for 14 cartridges.

If you play at home mostly its inconvenient to change. If you play as mobile device its not a big deal.

But this arguement has existed since all games became digital last gen. If someone's too lazy to change a disk they aren't going to sell games and go through that effort. Or maybe the money isnt a big deal to them. Who cares. Buy what you want. Play fun games.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

minusX posted:

Pretty sure no one is selling games to GameStop

One of the few time I tried to trade in for 50% extra towards Zelda, they were out of stock and I just got it at Best Buy

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N22YAIP

Travel messenger bag back up for preorder, shipping on the 25th.

I wanna see a grown rear end person with a mortgage AND A car payment put this on for reference. One with respectable 401k match from their employer. Looks a lot like a kid size one.

Bombadilillo posted:

I Amazon them and never have a a problem. Their print a shipping label is cheaper then I can ship things myself.

Also an option, but you can't impulse spend that credit back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Is it easy to sell Wii u games? Part of the reason I'm going digital is because I figure everyone will buy the half dozen or so games they care about in 2017 and there'll be no market later. Same with how Uncharted 4 is almost impossible to sell on PS4.

• Locked thread