Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dont bother if you can only afford 1 claw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I mentioned my CWC Frostbolt igniter idea in chat and some people were interested

PoB import string: http://pastebin.com/tABEbprh

In its current state the build might not be playable because there are two problems I haven't solved yet:
1) How to Leech (probably facetank with warlord's)
2) How to get Power Charges (probably cwdt pcoc ice spear)

Completely naked at level 90 except for Tabula PoB DPS: 158,332
269% increased ES w/ CI, VP and Ghost Reaver
NOT including Scorching Ray (oops when i said 200k in chat I accidentally had a +3 fire weapon equipped)

WHY:
Frostbolt has insanely high base damage (752-1129) with a cast speed of .75 seconds. CWC will trigger Frostbolt every .35 seconds, which is the equivalent of having more than 100% More Cast Speed with no point investment.
Ignite is the obvious answer to doing enormous single hits, so it uses Avatar of Fire and Cold to Fire support to convert 100% to fire and crit to apply the ignites (for even bigger ignites)
Scorching Ray on the CWC to lower fire resist for even bigger hits/ignites
This exists because I like CWC and also like Frostbolt, not because it's going to be the strongest possible build

I haven't got around to gearing it out to see what it's capable of, and I'm sure tweaks could be made but here's my proof of concept. Thanks to Zadiel for giving me some good advice on it in gchat last night.

Map clear would suck because of slow single projectiles, but you could probably use a 4-link Vortex/Cold to Fire/Increased AoE/whatever for big aoe clearing.

edit: I also haven't experimented with other ascendancies at all and just chose Assassin on a lark

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 16, 2017

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Why not add in the new threshold jewel for free extra projectiles + travel speed?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDYAt3Cg_mk

Post update jorrhast. had a baby on my lap so its semi poo poo run but it shows what it's like now. using srs to get the proc train going but it still ramps up fast.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

how is that compared to your clear speed prenerf

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

slower to start for sure. the same once your weapons get up in numbers again. Also no worrying about dead spots where you run out of weapons since you have SRS to carry you. Also running inc duration on the weapons so they last longer.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

I mentioned my CWC Frostbolt igniter idea in chat and some people were interested

PoB import string: http://pastebin.com/tABEbprh

In its current state the build might not be playable because there are two problems I haven't solved yet:
1) How to Leech (probably facetank with warlord's)
2) How to get Power Charges (probably cwdt pcoc ice spear)

Completely naked at level 90 except for Tabula PoB DPS: 158,332
269% increased ES w/ CI, VP and Ghost Reaver
NOT including Scorching Ray (oops when i said 200k in chat I accidentally had a +3 fire weapon equipped)

WHY:
Frostbolt has insanely high base damage (752-1129) with a cast speed of .75 seconds. CWC will trigger Frostbolt every .35 seconds, which is the equivalent of having more than 100% More Cast Speed with no point investment.
Ignite is the obvious answer to doing enormous single hits, so it uses Avatar of Fire and Cold to Fire support to convert 100% to fire and crit to apply the ignites (for even bigger ignites)
Scorching Ray on the CWC to lower fire resist for even bigger hits/ignites
This exists because I like CWC and also like Frostbolt, not because it's going to be the strongest possible build

I haven't got around to gearing it out to see what it's capable of, and I'm sure tweaks could be made but here's my proof of concept. Thanks to Zadiel for giving me some good advice on it in gchat last night.

Map clear would suck because of slow single projectiles, but you could probably use a 4-link Vortex/Cold to Fire/Increased AoE/whatever for big aoe clearing.

edit: I also haven't experimented with other ascendancies at all and just chose Assassin on a lark

I was already doing Chieftan Frostbolt, but swapping out my current setup for selfcast to cwc with Scorching Ray adds a bunch of damage. Realm Ender appears to be the best weapon to use for my build. I am using Elemental Focus in my Frostbolt setup and Vortex to put ignites on bosses.

rath
Apr 25, 2005
I should be learning code instead of posting on the boards.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Slivertongue? The serpent bow.

Wow that looks great, thanks!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5zs57b/general_tsoschickens_crossleague_trade_on_stream/

e: he bought a bunch of points for the new mtx before he got banned too lol

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 17, 2017

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Hey folks, it's time for me to be asking what's the best way to take this character?

I'm following manners' build detailed here.

BV poison w/the scourge and necromancer ascendancy for big damage from minion nodes, with 3 curses. Here's the character currently: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fmammal/characters (ripdoubledipping)

I'm currently doing fine filling out tiers 8-10 in the atlas. I've saved up a lot of currency and earned a bunch flipping reliquary keys between prime time and off hours, probably 500-600C.

Should I spend it on a 6l Cherrubims? A 6l Cospri's Will? Go CI? LL? Some combination of these things? Save some more while I'm not struggling while grabbing a bone helmet and 10-20c rares rather than the 2-5c ones I'm using now? Go for 21/20 gems?

Thanks!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Blade Flurry and Spectral Throw are a match made in heaven for what you are thinking. If you get the popular build flavours though, expect high prices on gear.

Couldn't find a decent budget BF build, we're going CwC Firestorm and Ngamu's build for fire synergy. I think it'll work out pretty decently.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
Looking for build/gear advice to improve my Ice crash guy. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Maddot_66/characters

Biggest issue right now is having -60% to chaos res. even with my flask up, I am getting ruined by anything poison.

any suggestions would be super awesome.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I made a witch because it seemed like the best character to make a D2-ish summonmancer. I am currently lvl 38 with 14 points free to spend because I have no further clue as what to get in my passives
This is my to-date skill path which is probably a lovely one to go down. For some reason I thought I had to get the full circle because it looked like a good thing?

Anyways - are summon characters viable? Should I just stop now while I'm ahead - I'm not against it, this was 2-3 nights of work.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
What skills are you using? There will be differences in your tree depending on which minions you're using.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 17, 2017

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

soscannonballs posted:

I was already doing Chieftan Frostbolt, but swapping out my current setup for selfcast to cwc with Scorching Ray adds a bunch of damage. Realm Ender appears to be the best weapon to use for my build. I am using Elemental Focus in my Frostbolt setup and Vortex to put ignites on bosses.

Realmender looks pretty good for it, additional levels are pretty huge for Frostbolt. One problem I'm running in to is that there are no good damage auras to run on this build, Anger has minimal effect and heralds do nothing. I think my solution here would be to run two Rigwald's Crest rings (30% cold + fire damage) and make up for the missing resist on rings by running Purity of Elements - it'd still be lower overall but should still be manageable to hit resist cap with helm/chest/gloves/boots/belt (Merc resists are 18/3/-25 with none on rare gear). But then I have rings without crit which sucks. It's at ~300k DPS with the 2 Rigwalds and Realmender.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Awesome! posted:

lol https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5zs57b/general_tsoschickens_crossleague_trade_on_stream/

e: he bought a bunch of points for the new mtx before he got banned too lol

90% of reddit can't spot a joke

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Hamburger Test posted:

But but but he he had poehud on his computer!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Hamburger Test posted:

he might have done it as a joke but his account is actually banned

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Awesome! posted:

he might have done it as a joke but his account is actually banned

Oh yea, he is. I'm only referring to all the idiots who believe:

Duck and Cover posted:

But but but he he had poehud on his computer!

I know DnC is quoting reddit

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Perhaps subtlety is not the best attribute when crafting jokes where it looks like you're breaking the game's rules.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Banning him would be funnier than his "haha I'm cheating but not really!" joke so just leave him banned for a while to scare him.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Ok, stay with me I'll break it down.

It was a joke. Not a funny one. GGG was right to ban him, because it's not their job to analyze jokes.

Redditors are loving morons.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hamburger Test posted:

It was a joke. Not a funny one. GGG was right to ban him, because it's not their job to analyze jokes.

Redditors are loving morons.

Why because they got him banned?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Kild posted:

Why because they got him banned?

Are you doing the thing where you pretend not to understand?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hamburger Test posted:

Are you doing the thing where you pretend not to understand?

Are you doing that thing where you dodge the question?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Hamburger Test posted:

Redditors and some goons are loving morons.

Hamburger Test posted:

Oh yea, he is. I'm only referring to all the idiots who believe:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Shut up idiot

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
I gave items to funman on std once and he gave me a free perandus manor clear in temp league. Little he know he was secretly helping me break ToS.

Please ban me GGG.

(these two events aren't actually related you nerds)

--------------------------

'GGG has the right to' does not equal 'GGG is right to'

Thankfully we have many people in this world who will gladly argue 'has the right' ad infinitum while wording or implying "is right", as if they are remotely close to being one and the same, because we definitely need that drama in our lives, let alone our video games.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 17, 2017

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

quote:

Hello there I am the guy who gave him the stuff on LSC and I just wanted to say that it was all a joke, I did hit 100 yesterday and I borrowed him my gear for a while, he wanted to put on a show for his viewers thats all.
To put things in perspective we traded like 200ex LSC for 5ex standard ON STREAM, we thought its was extremly obvious that its fake but it seems people didnt think so.
We discussed all of it ingame, I hope GGG will look into the chat logs and it will get resolved soon.
Emphasis mine.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Since it's the "share your build" day, here's mine too. I cast two Ancient warchief totems, they hit enemies, enemies get ignited, they burn to death. All that sick burn damage comes from oro's sacrifice sword (highest dps weapon ingame). Then you just stack on that damage as much as possible. Orb of storms keeps the crits going just in case.

Path of Building code: http://pastebin.com/hqNw4nMC

Character sheet: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ihmemies2/characters

The only thing I want is maybe higher life rings, opal rings, 6L oro's. Dunno what else to upgrade. Better gem to replace survival secrets? For some reason the gem prices are ridiculous now, I could get gems for 5c earlier, now they're 50c. I can make a video later when I get some shaped strands.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

I had a high quality Viper Strike drop and was thinking about making a build with it using two of the new threshold jewels, but I can't find a single decent build for 2.5 / 2.6. I'm poo poo at theory crafting but figured I'd give it a go anyway. I figure Slayer for the splash, and Viper Strike - Faster Attacks - Melee Phys - Added Chaos - Void Manip - Rapid Decay. Multistrike would get me more poison stacks more quickly but each stack would be smaller, right? Would Multistrike reduce the Added Chaos damage too, or just the physical portion? If just the physical, then it might be worth subbing it in and dropping Melee Phys I'm thinking.

Weapon-wise, should I go for a two hander (currently using Edge of Madness at level 24), Mortem Morsu with a southpaw mace or something, dual dagger, something else?

Tell me how dumb and stupid this idea is.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Hamburger Test posted:

Emphasis mine.

Your emphasis doesn't actually clarify or emphasize anything?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Banning him would be funnier than his "haha I'm cheating but not really!" joke so just leave him banned for a while to scare him.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

MannersPlease posted:

Your emphasis doesn't actually clarify or emphasize anything?

That redditors are morons, and believe anything at face value?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

regulargonzalez posted:

I had a high quality Viper Strike drop and was thinking about making a build with it using two of the new threshold jewels, but I can't find a single decent build for 2.5 / 2.6. I'm poo poo at theory crafting but figured I'd give it a go anyway. I figure Slayer for the splash, and Viper Strike - Faster Attacks - Melee Phys - Added Chaos - Void Manip - Rapid Decay. Multistrike would get me more poison stacks more quickly but each stack would be smaller, right? Would Multistrike reduce the Added Chaos damage too, or just the physical portion? If just the physical, then it might be worth subbing it in and dropping Melee Phys I'm thinking.

Weapon-wise, should I go for a two hander (currently using Edge of Madness at level 24), Mortem Morsu with a southpaw mace or something, dual dagger, something else?

Viper Strike with Slayer splash is actually a cool idea, get a big fuckoff two handed sword (Starforge would be BiS) and skip the multistrike because packs should die in one hit. The skill itself is perfect for boss killing so you can focus on defense (also genius because you get leech for free, too).

The only awkward thing is travelling between packs, and the name locking thing.

Also while thinking about this I realized binos and death's hand are cheap af right now. I get at least one set each league on principle now, because a streamer might make a build again.

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Mar 17, 2017

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011

regulargonzalez posted:

I did a viper strike berserker in 2.5 in a tri-curse setup. I don't recall the links I used in a 5L, I believe it was viper strike - multistrike - added chaos - melee splash for sure, and I think either faster attacks or void manip for the 5th. Use abyssal cry to pack clear as you will be scaling the chaos damage very high. I don't think I would recommend slayer as the splash node in slayer I do not think is worth it.

I haven't done the math on any of the 2h weapons, but the absolute highest dps dual wield setup, at least for my build anyway, was a mainhand scourge and an off hand breath of the council. The calculated single target dps in path of building does need to be taken with a grain of salt though as the poison stacks last for ~20 seconds with temp chains/45% skill effect/breath and you can't really facetank that long for the most part. The single target DPS was fantastic however.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hamburger Test posted:

That redditors are morons, and believe anything at face value?

Why though?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Viper Strike with Slayer splash is actually a cool idea, get a big fuckoff two handed sword (Starforge would be BiS) and skip the multistrike because packs should die in one hit. The skill itself is perfect for boss killing so you can focus on defense (also genius because you get leech for free, too).

The only awkward thing is travelling between packs, and the name locking thing.

Thanks for the input. The travel thing is a pain which is why I was leaning towards claw or daggers so I could whirl. I guess leap slam will have to do.

Also, Starforge has poo poo for crit. Shouldn't I focus on that to get maximum value from my free poison? Or if not, then really fast attack speed? Starforge fails on both. Sure the hits will be big but poison only gives you 8% of your combined phys and chaos damage per my understanding. You want a lot of stacks, especially given how the threshold jewel works.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Mar 17, 2017

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

regulargonzalez posted:

Thanks for the input. The travel thing is a pain which is why I was leaning towards claw or daggers so I could whirl. I guess leap slam will have to do.

or do karrethuun's idea, if you can afford a Scourge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Kild posted:

Why though?

I already called you out, you can stop pretending.

• Locked thread