Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

To rovert

You link some good videos and stories, just about every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Thank god we are free of that UCF crowd. What a dogshit venue.

I'm disappointed that NXT does not respect the beautiful body of Chris Hero. The wrestling in the jersey is a terrible look. At least his music is good.

Way hyped for Aleister Black but now I'm beyond hyped with the debut of Big Boa.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Asuka has reached queen status

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/842133651089416192

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
So Rovert how hosed is Ciampa's shoulder? Are we talking about a Sami Zayn/Itami level of injury here?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

shiksa posted:

oh yeah i mean nikki cross rules and im glad she's getting a spotlight on her but macy estrella or whatever her name was was like 6'0" and jacked like lady jobbers usually arent.

also lmao i mean im glad baroness is getting some money for wwe using their song, but that album's like two years old, i thought that sort of thing was for pumping up poo poo that just came out. the first band with the glam rock singer, hoooooly poo poo that was bad.

man ohno's dreamteam outfit rules a lot. sorry, just got home to watch now.

wait, what Baroness song did they use?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

So Rovert how hosed is Ciampa's shoulder? Are we talking about a Sami Zayn/Itami level of injury here?

I don't want to end up on Wreddit or whatever. But probably worse.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What happened to Ciampa :ohdear:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

What happened to Ciampa :ohdear:

Is it that big of a surprise? Most indie dudes come into NXT with thrashed knees and shoulders. But Ciampa over commits to all his stuff. Nigel McGuinness like. https://twitter.com/NerdxFerguson/status/842545476205461504

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Grozz Nuy posted:

wait, what Baroness song did they use?

Shock Me

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Revenant Threshold posted:

Her entrance also reminded me of Dana's in the sense of spamming the taunt button, but she actually came off much more natural than Dana used to.
So you're saying Dana is better

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So is Macey under contract or just a PPA jobber? You'd think WWE would be all over a legit former Marine who's also tall and super-jacked. It's a unique look for the women's division, and I'm interested to see if she can actually go in the ring.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

So is Macey under contract or just a PPA jobber? You'd think WWE would be all over a legit former Marine who's also tall and super-jacked. It's a unique look for the women's division, and I'm interested to see if she can actually go in the ring.

Contract.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
I'm guessing something went awry with the Evie and Nixon Newell signings, concidering they both just announced dates for mid-Late April.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
What is an Ealy Brother and why do I like them so much?

Edit: Make them heels and give them Emma as a manager.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Benne posted:

Yeah, contract. I've seen her at a couple house shows in Tampa Bay, once for a meet-and-greet and once in a match (I think also against Nikki). She had WWE project all over her from day one and she has a great look. Okay worker from what little I saw but she has some potential

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Macey Australia is pretty handsome

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Dr. rear end posted:

Yeah, contract. I've seen her at a couple house shows in Tampa Bay, once for a meet-and-greet and once in a match (I think also against Nikki). She had WWE project all over her from day one and she has a great look. Okay worker from what little I saw but she has some potential

she's tall and scarily in shape. I'm a fan

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What the hell is Macey's gimmick supposed to be? The long skirt made her look like a Quaker or something, but then it came off and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Phenix Rising posted:

What the hell is Macey's gimmick supposed to be? The long skirt made her look like a Quaker or something, but then it came off and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I saw it as Retro Pin-Up Model with Muscles.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

super macho dude posted:

I thought it was some Southern Belle thing?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

super macho dude posted:

This, because the idea is she's supposed to look like the pin-ups on the side of planes with her military history, but also can beat the poo poo out of people.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Has I used to be in the military ever been a successful gimmick for anyone other than Sgt Slaughter?

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Don't be dissing Col. DeBeers.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
This has probably been put on here before but after a long break from NXT I decided to watch it again.

Dammit Bobby Rudd has the best loving theme and entrance ever.

I really hope he goes Smackdown

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bobby Rudd stars in This Is Forty. It's a movie about NXT champion age requirements.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

He did a good job playing Scott Lang in TNAman

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

The_Rob posted:

Has I used to be in the military ever been a successful gimmick for anyone other than Sgt Slaughter?

Cena walks that line fairly closely even though he wasn't.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
You can make a case for Randy, between the unacknowledged PTSD and joining a militia cult of southern backwood weirdos.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
How quickly thee forget Corporal Cajun and Major Gunns. SMDH.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did Road Dogg ever do a military gimmick?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

TheHock posted:

I'm guessing something went awry with the Evie and Nixon Newell signings, concidering they both just announced dates for mid-Late April.

I'm gonna say no.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR1ZX18Aiku/

Probably just had the start date pushed a few weeks.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Yeah everyone seems to reporting in May now. Indie women, the "models" and hopefully the ROH dudes.

Demi's final show: https://twitter.com/rcwrestling/status/843585934582996992

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

I'm looking at the guy next to Billy Gunn, and wondering when Fat Michael Showalter joined DX. :confused:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

so are they gonna do a Gargano NXT title run or

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Venomous posted:

so are they gonna do a Gargano NXT title run or

Depends, do they have any Indie Superstars to come in and get a free title shot with no build left?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

KOR is probably on his way, assuming they don't shore up their sorely lacking 40-something division and reunite ~REDragon

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

like, Gargano/Roode kinda makes sense, considering #DIY got Roode over with the Gloriousbombs and all that. If Gargano were to win, they could do the Gargano/Ciampa feud somewhere along the line with a heel Ciampa on the logic that 'you abandoned me, you went for singles gold and glory without me, so now I'm going to destroy you', but I agree that they're probably just gonna do something with some indie dude or something like that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWEUK/status/843896196338868224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

It's gonna be funny when the only post mania callup is the drifter.

• Locked thread