Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

My [20F] roommate [20F] slept with [20M]. My boyfriend thinks it's weird because she's Korean.

quote:

My friend Wendy is Korean but was born in Australia. We got to Uni together and we've rented an apartment. Wendy has always been someone who catches the eye of men. She had a really bad boyfriend 2 years ago who gave her a black eye. She did not date since then. She met Jordan (he's white) and she really took to him. She likes muscular guys and he's really nice. He's to nice sometimes in my opinion. He goes to Uni with us as well.

Wendy has liked him for a while and she had been looking for a boyfriend. We were watching a horror movie last night and she was sitting right against Jordan who I invited over as a favour to her. She asked him to come to her room because she did not want to sleep alone. This morning she came out to the kitchen with him. Kissed him and said she can't wait for the date tonight. They're out right now as a matter of fact. My boyfriend is having trouble understanding why she's not dating a guy of her 'own race' and is being a douche about it.

tl;dr: How do I stop my boyfriend from being a douche?

Luckily in the comments she says she's rethinking the relationship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

smh

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I dated a girl who would actually reach over and honk my horn for me when I was in the car if someone did something stupid and I didn't honk fast enough or if I decided it wasn't a big deal that required me to honk at them. I told her repeatedly not to touch the horn and she kept doing it. Who raises their kids to do that?

Years ago I had a friend grab my arm and pull it from the wheel while I was driving downtown looking for a place to park. Wasn't the first time and he almost caused me to hit a couple parked cars, so he got to take a cab home and not ride with me again.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I hope therapy works for these two, i do not think they are bad people.

Normally I'd be right with you, but considering how long this has gone on, I have my doubts :smith:

quote:

We've been married for 5 years, together for 19 in total.

For as long as I can remember, right from back when we were in high school, my wife has been paranoid about me leaving her for someone else. I ended up distancing myself from female friends because they made her uncomfy; the same thing happened in college and in later life, too

2004 was really bad, looking back at my journal, and there were a few times where she was slightly physically violent - shoving me and slapping me, that kind of thing - during arguments.

Around 3 years ago it reached its absolute worst point, with her breaking into my email, reading my journal, and talking about driving round to my therapist's offices whilst I was in a session to ensure that I wasn't having an affair (my therapist at the time was a woman). It got so bad that I moved out for 3 months, and we went through two rounds of marriage counselling, which I thought got us back on track.

Now, though, it's getting worse again. Every day for the last month, something has come up - some question about my fidelity, or an assertion that I don't really love her, or an argument over whether I looked too long at a woman in the street (I don't do that sort of thing and never have, though my wife will spend an uncomfortably long amount of time ogling good looking guys).

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 16, 2017

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

Once again projecting your goony rear end self bc it is 2017 and poo poo tons of everyday people use Reddit and social media.

Moridon is so insufferable to be around in real life that his girlfriend got a benzo prescription to numb herself enough to deal with him on a daily basis

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

IPA Regulations posted:

Wow that was a terrible derail

There should be a rule against perpetuating circular arguments in this thread for more than a page, or you're obliged to post content if you really need to get in the last word. Any advice or opinions generated are even more loving useless than the reddit ones because the OP isn't here to listen/clarify

Sometimes after days and days of the same tedium, a topic comes up that sparks discussion. People are interested and they air out their viewpoints.

A bunch of posters then come in and talk about all this brutal discussion and word posting and how they're loving GLAD that's finally done with. What the gently caress bro is reading poo poo on the internet so draining that you are hosed up over it?

Thousand yard stare I had to skim a bunch of loving posts that maybe I didn't care about, I HOPE WE CAN MOVE ON

Be sure to search my loving posts for how much I posted in this thread while you're at it lmao

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Pivotal Lever posted:

Moridon is so insufferable to be around in real life that his girlfriend got a benzo prescription to numb herself enough to deal with him on a daily basis
Isn't she a camgirl too? Lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lmao

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Moridin920 posted:

many pages ago there was some dude who beat his gf until her rib broke and raped her in the butt until a neighbor had to pull him off her

her 'crime?' she brought vegetables into his home

link

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Original post:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&pagenumber=618&perpage=40#post469364769

Update:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&pagenumber=618&perpage=40#post469365115

quote:

He was defensive, called me some unsavory names and told me that I have no right to bring vegetables into our living space without his consent. He said that I was basically raping him, and making him feel violated.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Nazzadan posted:

What the crap, Gerber?

This is legitimately a problem. Food for kids, even babies is loaded with sugar and salt. Ridiculous amounts of it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

This is legitimately a problem. Food for kids, even babies is loaded with sugar and salt. Ridiculous amounts of it.

Gotta make sure you're hooked for later.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Meme Emulator posted:

This is really stupid AA cult poo poo.

It is. When I went into substance abuse treatment, I made the decision that I didn't want to make "recovering/non-drinking alcoholic/I have a disease I can only live with/whatever," bullshit that is one of the core tenets of AA. I just wanted to dig out of the hole I was in, get sober long enough that I felt responsible driving again without the risk of driving drunk and get my other issues in better check. Six years of sobriety did me pretty good.

I didn't just will myself sober. I went to group and personal therapy and took Naltrexone for a couple of years (which slowly killed my cravings and the extreme rush of endorphins I got from even just holding or smelling alcohol). Why would I want to keep dragging around a woe-is-me label and hand-wringing all of the time about how I can't trust myself, yadda yadda?

Yeah, I'm an alcoholic, just like there's no such thing as an ex-marine. If I find myself falling back into substance abuse or dangerous behavior, I'm not waiting for my life to blow up, I'll get help. Right now I can have one or two drinks (literal count) and not want any more, which strikes me as odd every time. If it ever stops feeling weird, maybe it'll be time to reassess. Current monthly consumption is 0-8 drinks, depending on how many times I hang out downtown with friends or go to see local bands.

Self-flagellation feels right to a lot of people, though. Searching for absolution.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
My (27m) girlfriend (32f) of 2 years got drunk and called me a "f**" when were out with friends because I "wouldn't shut up" (her words) about Game of Thrones

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 17, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

gentle pete posted:

My (27m) girlfriend (32f) of 2 years got drunk and called me a "f**" when were out with friends because I "wouldn't shut up" (her words) about Game of Thrones

harsh but fair

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Owned

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I see what you did there with that ring.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj0njC7H3Jk

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

Rakthar posted:

What the gently caress bro is reading poo poo on the internet so draining that you are hosed up over it?

Thousand yard stare I had to skim a bunch of loving posts that maybe I didn't care about, I HOPE WE CAN MOVE ON

Be sure to search my loving posts for how much I posted in this thread while you're at it lmao

Sorry my suggestion to maybe avoid a 3 page discussion over a 1 paragraph reddit post was a trigger issue for you man. Hope you can get on and enjoy the thread anyway god bless

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
the epic 'trigger' meme.....

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
Its weird Its like reddit is leaking into the thread almost?

Heres one I found through a secret topical word search thats boring apart from the title maybe?

quote:

My [F22] girlfriend [28] doesn't listen to me when I tell her not to pop my zits or to at least ask first, which I see as an issue of consent which triggers me.
u/SeacretsNoLyes
[F22] + [F28] together for a year.

Yeah, I know. It's zits. But hear me out.

This happened almost every day:

Can I pop this? No. Please. It's just this one here that really bothers me. I said no. she touches my face I'm just looking (Then I feel her nails) HEY Look it's already gone

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
women love poppin zits, its a fact

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

IPA Regulations posted:

Its weird Its like reddit is leaking into the thread almost?

Heres one I found through a secret topical word search thats boring apart from the title maybe?

cacs

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Pick posted:

It's what got me my gal in the first place. Just zits on zits on zits on zits.

Pop pop! Splotchiest guy on the block

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Wait Elsa loving owns now?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Owns her sister's vagina

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Buzkashi posted:

It's like that moment where the protagonist realizes the only way to communicate with the aliens is through musical tones except it's illustrated reddit posts.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Pick posted:

This seems to be disturbingly true from my casual observation.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The only problem with the Elsa comics is that there's some sort of weird Radium bug with spoiler tags + timg on Android Chrome so I have to jump through some hoops to see them when I'm reading this thread on my phone.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Download the awful app it's good

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Blue Train posted:

Download the awful app it's good

It does the same thing to me with the app.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

therobit posted:

Yea same here, don't bother spoiler tagging them, Elsa.

If they're NWS, just link it.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

therobit posted:

huh, i just have to click on it to load, then again to unspoiler

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Works fine for me

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

WampaLord posted:

Yea same here, don't bother spoiler tagging them, Elsa.

If they're NWS, just link it.

Seems like an android problem to me Wampa

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
I have the same problem with iOS chrome ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I honestly thought the first comic was the Monolith space odessy emoticon and people were losing their poo poo over Elsa making the most obscure statement.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Buzkashi posted:

There was no warning at all.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Use your gift wisely Elsa.

To add a movie analogy. It's like in Kung Fu Hustle where the protagonist needs to get a vicious pounding to free up his chakra to become a Kung Fu Master.

Only that with Elsa everyone was making GBS threads on him in the thread beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Incoherence posted:

The only problem with the Elsa comics is that there's some sort of weird Radium bug with spoiler tags + timg on Android Chrome so I have to jump through some hoops to see them when I'm reading this thread on my phone.

Spoilered images do that a lot for me on safari/iPad too.