Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tolkien minority posted:

im not here to hate at all but if youre taking benzos on the daily your not sober in any sense of the word

With that logic then my Zoloft means I'm not sober. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Also it's the 1-4 hour onset that always catches me off guard.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Such is life.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Also, the klonopin really helps me be able to go to a grocery store and not flip the gently caress out and become hyper vigilant or break down crying in an isle from social overload.

Or my psych can prescribe Jameson. That's a good idea.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
If you screwed up you should try being accountable for once and start counting from zero again

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TheSpamalope posted:

If you screwed up you should try being accountable for once and start counting from zero again

No.

"being accountable for once"? Yes, I've never been accountable for anything ever. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. loving rude. I also hold myself accountable for everything. Too much. Even for other people which is just insane. Moving on.

I'm actually tired now and it's only 12:30am. I'm going to sleep now and hope that I don't wake up again.

Good night Neverland.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

No.

"being accountable for once"? Yes, I've never been accountable for anything ever. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. loving rude. I also hold myself accountable for everything. Too much. Even for other people which is just insane. Moving on.

I'm actually tired now and it's only 12:30am. I'm going to sleep now and hope that I don't wake up again.

Good night Neverland.

Nah you gotta wake up so we can keep talking because it's cool to chat

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Hope you sleep well. I think it's a perfectly good idea to give yourself credit for the success you've had and not obsess over a slip. Dichotomous all-or-nothing thinking is a cognitive error, in any case. You're doing well, Pennywise.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

gnarlyhotep posted:

I have never met you, but you seem to know how to get probated in the most divisive circumstances.

I like that. How do you feel about this thread?

Bunch of quitters 😉

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
You wouldn't be a broke brained drunk if you had a history of holding yourself accountable for your actions homie

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
But hey it's only a number so what if it's not entirely honest

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

TheSpamalope posted:

You wouldn't be a broke brained drunk if you had a history of holding yourself accountable for your actions homie

Why would you want to do that though

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Every time dgsw gets a probe I worry for his sobriety

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
can a mod rename this thread "the pennywise clown fail thread" tia

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
They say not drinking lifts your mood but I tried being dry for a month and was more depressed than ever. What a mistake that was!

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

SpaceClown posted:

the only drugs you need in life are:

speed

everything else sucks and does not own.

Truth

Edit: Haven't had any in 16 years; still miss it.

Sobriety sucks and owns at the same time, somehow.

JnnyThndrs fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Mar 17, 2017

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

An ssri like Zoloft is very different from a benzos my man benzos are not something you wanna take long term check out the thread in tcc

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

500 good dogs posted:

Nah you gotta wake up so we can keep talking because it's cool to chat

:glomp:

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Hope you sleep well. I think it's a perfectly good idea to give yourself credit for the success you've had and not obsess over a slip. Dichotomous all-or-nothing thinking is a cognitive error, in any case. You're doing well, Pennywise.

This actually makes sense. All I do is beat myself up over the smallest things. Like, completely inconsequential things or things that haven't even happened yet. The black and white thinking is very dangerous. Also, I've had nothing but the most horrible and vivid nightmares the past month or so. Like, really bad. I don't think that's alcohol related though. :shrug:

TheSpamalope posted:

You're a useless dick.

dad gay. so what posted:

can a mod rename this thread "the pennywise clown fail thread" tia

poo poo. I can't argue that. How about we make it the DAD SOBER, SO WHAT thread?!

Seriously though, I really got to shut up and let this thread die. It's really not helping anyone else but me and that doesn't necessitate an entire GBS thread about a broke brained piece of poo poo.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
If you're not even willing to be honest about how long you've been sober you're really not interested in cleaning up. Besides didn't you only made it like half a week or something? Who cares.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
You are the virginal sacrifice for this thread. Your blood will be forth new crops in the spring

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

TheSpamalope posted:

If you're not even willing to be honest about how long you've been sober you're really not interested in cleaning up. Besides didn't you only made it like half a week or something? Who cares.
I care!
:)
Small progress is still progress!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
^^^^ :glomp:

TheSpamalope posted:

Obviously you do because you won't shut the gently caress up about menial bullshit. :frogout:

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Failure ain't progress. I think i am beginning to understand why you guys are drunks.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I don't drink so :shrug:

Also the only way to fail at something like this is to give up. That's like, life lesson numero uno bud. Did you give up on trying to get a job when the first place you applied didn't call you back?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
how do you sleep without drinking? I even took a melatonin last night but like couldnt sleep at all my brain just wouldnt shut down

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Nooner posted:

how do you sleep without drinking? I even took a melatonin last night but like couldnt sleep at all my brain just wouldnt shut down

benzos help

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

SpaceClown posted:

I don't drink so :shrug:

Also the only way to fail at something like this is to give up. That's like, life lesson numero uno bud. Did you give up on trying to get a job when the first place you applied didn't call you back?

Did you pretend they actually did call you back and claim you had a perfect record of people calling you back?

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

how do you sleep without drinking?

I'm not an idiot, I never got addicted to sleeping in the first place. Have fun pissing 1/4th of your day away, idiot :c00lbert:

TheSpamalope posted:

Did you pretend they actually did call you back and claim you had a perfect record of people calling you back?

No, I burned their office complex down and flooded all of their publicly available email addresses with garbage mail.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

ethics in video game journalism is old poo poo

its all about ethics in sobriety duration tracking smh

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

500 good dogs posted:

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

500 good dogs posted:

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
I have bad anxiety and bad depression and I'm almost out of weed and being friendless it looks like its gonna be that way for a long time coming. I loving hate this, I'm going to run out and then crash and totally ruin my life even more. gently caress this loving poo poo loving world man.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Telephones posted:

I have bad anxiety and bad depression and I'm almost out of weed and being friendless it looks like its gonna be that way for a long time coming. I loving hate this, I'm going to run out and then crash and totally ruin my life even more. gently caress this loving poo poo loving world man.

go see a proper psych who will throw pills at you

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Telephones posted:

Ahh the dgsw solution

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
He didn't mention a van tho

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hardawn posted:

You are the virginal sacrifice for this thread. Your blood will be forth new crops in the spring

I finally matter. :unsmith:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

who would be pumped about going to mars?

sounds rad

also i watched Passengers the other day, and it made me wish that was a real thing. i'd totally get frozen for 100 years or whatever to go to some other not-earth planet

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
It's a nice distraction but no humanity will never get off this doomed earth

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Mental masturbations, the perfect edge? My report at 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Hardawn posted:

Mental masturbations, the perfect edge? My report at 11

is that what the kids are calling their erotic hypno these days?

• Locked thread