Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

beat nioh.

it was good but i'm glad its over the end of the game stops being interesting about 2-3 levels before the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

The fact that sega never made another sonic spinball game is the loving worst thing they've done

fixed

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I actually don't really take any special schadenfreude in ME:A looking (and sounding) like a bad game because if I want to take vicarious pleasure in a game company's slow, well-deserved trudge into the dumpster I already have Gearbox for that. I would actually have vastly preferred that ME:A be a real good game to continue with 2017's ongoing trend of AAA games being well worth the purchase, but as it stands I could look past all the janky animation and poop-walking in the world if the story and dialogue were gripping and compelling and boy howdy are they sure not those things. To me the biggest sin of (admittedly the first 10 hours of) Andromeda isn't that it's ugly, though for a AAA game with tens of millions of dollars poured into it you'd think it would look nicer, but that I can't imagine wanting to listen to 40+ more hours of that dialogue delivered by those actors.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

sonic spinball was unnecessarily hard and obtuse but it at its core is the kernel of a game concept that kicks rear end and demands revisiting

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Man, I can't stop listening to that Dropmix gameplay, even with them talking over it. This is fresher than some actual professional remixes (timestamped)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxOtkClPa0o&t=202s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxOtkClPa0o&t=688s

:yeah:

I listened to the whole thing earlier and I really want to see the final incarnation of it.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Wasnt there a chao garden in one of the gba/ds games?

With the success of Fire Emblem Heroes, now is the perfect time for a mobile chao game.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

there were chao gardens on the gba games in the sense that there were sonic games in the gba, in that they were flaccid imitations of the real thing

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

WSJ: Nintendo now to manufacture 16 million Switch consoles next FY, up from 8m

whooooooooooooooooooooa

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Wamdoodle posted:

I remember someone was going to do a screenshot LP Dragon Age 2 and there was so much vitriol and venom in the thread that it got shutdown and locked. There was a successful video LP done for it though. By "successful" I mean that it managed to be finished.

That screenshot LP was the best LP I've ever read. I don't know who was in charge of biowares marketing but it was incredibly embarrassing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I will not be buying a switch with my ad money lol, I can maybe buy a nice dinner

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

I will not be buying a switch with my ad money lol, I can maybe buy a nice dinner

I hope you made at least 30 dollars. YouTube money is... Never what you want it to be. :(

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Snak posted:

I hope you made at least 30 dollars. YouTube money is... Never what you want it to be. :(
Yeah I did. It's estimating at $37 for 280,000 views lol. An ad rate of $.00001 per view

The gameplay video I did of Creepy Castle has an ad rate of $.0037 per view but it only has 400 views so that's probably not a good sample size to judge

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Link the video, I haven't seen it yet.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Ouch. But getting paid is getting paid. You have to make at least a hundred bucks before​ they even cut you a check, right?

Edit: I, also, would like to see it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Palpek posted:

Link the video, I haven't seen it yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdOgvdbl314

i'm not mad or anything because I only spent two hours making it but it's still a bummer to get such a low payout

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I think the fact that the person in charge of programing the Chao garden left the company might have contributed to it never returning proper. Like if that person had stayed at the company and climbed through the corporate jungle gym to a station that let them make any decisions they wanted we could have gotten Chao Garden simulators out the rear end.

What is that person doing now?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

i'm not mad or anything because I only spent two hours making it but it's still a bummer to get such a low payout

If it helps, this made me laugh real hard when I saw it. And again when I watched it just now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I didn't even know you made this, that's a real funny vid. Just because it's low effort doesn't mean it's not on-point.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Maybe you just found a way of monetizing youtube by spending 2 hours on a video every time a big youtube drama happens.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

The fact that sega never made another chao garden game is the loving worst thing they've done

I know right???

this owns btw

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
HUMAN SIZE

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Except the eyes

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Is that that creepy summer lesson thing that if you know someone who defends it you should stop being their friend?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Please don't post pics of my realdoll itt thx

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

Except the eyes

Just lol if your eyes aren't that big

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
One time I posted a screenshot in the Fallout New Vegas thread and some goons freaked out about my character's eyes being too big and their hair being a weird color and said I was a weirdo, which is yet another reason the Fallout New Vegas thread was full of insane people (and ropekid)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sorry you made an anime in Fallout, time to die

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Just lol if your eyes aren't that big

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Sorry you made an anime in Fallout, time to die

gerstmann.gif

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

not mine

https://my.mixtape.moe/fbvjpx.mp4

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
WOLF SKULL MASK MAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4JnfsmsNjI

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Just lol at the Sniper: Ghost Warrior series.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I have never played them but they look like military fetishism turned up to 1000%. One hero sniper kills a zillion bad guys, snipers can do anything, hoo rah. I wonder if there's a mechanic where you sit still for twelve hours and have to pee in a jar.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Isn't Ghost Warrior the series that's a bad rip off of Sniper Elite? I haven't played either of them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I didn't even realise they were two different sniper series...

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Palpek posted:

Just lol at the Sniper: Ghost Warrior series.
I'm the supermodel computer hacker and mercenary operative
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6MccwZg2F8

Red Bones posted:

I have never played them but they look like military fetishism turned up to 1000%. One hero sniper kills a zillion bad guys, snipers can do anything, hoo rah. I wonder if there's a mechanic where you sit still for twelve hours and have to pee in a jar.
This is one youtube video where the comments are amazing because they managed to reignite the Bosnian Civil War
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TshAbzXK5IE

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Isn't Ghost Warrior the series that's a bad rip off of Sniper Elite? I haven't played either of them.
Nah, the game does its own thing really but it's still a janky as hell Eastern European FPS and each sequel is always the number 1 best seller in Germany across all platforms for some reason.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Red Bones posted:

I lost interest in the one sniper elite game I played really fast when the game kept making me do poo poo that wasn't sniping.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Lurdiak posted:

I lost interest in the one sniper elite game I played really fast when the game kept making me do poo poo that wasn't sniping.
Sniper Elite and Sniper: Ghost Warrior are different series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I know, I was just reacting to the general concept of turning snipers into heroic killing machines that do things beside wait around for a really long time then shoot at far away things. I would play Sniper Simulator 2018, with sleeping in church steeple action.

• Locked thread