Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

quote:

Please keep in mind; if you’re streaming video to watch your favorite player shooting free throws, you’re consuming network resources that could be served to support the Warfighter.
http://deadspin.com/pentagon-warns-...dium=socialflow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Warfighter is such a stupid loving term. God drat.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
And also, unless they're referring to troops in Korea, a misnomer. I don't think we're officially "at war" anywhere else.
:goonsay:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
We haven't declared war since Pearl Harbor.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Godholio posted:

We only declare war on nebulous labels now. Like "Drugs", "Terror" and "Christmas"

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Godholio posted:

Fun story. There's actually no legal definition of war under international law. What counts if an "armed conflict," which may or may not be lawful, and everything proceeds from there.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

my kinda ape posted:

Warfighter is such a stupid loving term. God drat.

It's because all troops are heroic warriors defending freedom, and that's why we need to increase military spending.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

chitoryu12 posted:

It's because all troops are heroic warriors defending freedom, and that's why we need to increase military spending.

Thank you for you're servace

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Everybody contributes to the WAR EFFORT, cuz the FRONT LINE FIGHTERS gotta have bullets and food and intel about the enemy and stuff. So even if you just mop the floors and clean the toilets, you're part of the WAR EFFORT, WARFIGHTER :patriot:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I spilled my seed in a portashitter for the war effort.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dick Burglar posted:

And also, unless they're referring to troops in Korea, a misnomer. I don't think we're officially "at war" anywhere else.
:goonsay:
Exactly, we hunted them to extinction.

See how good we are at fighting against wars?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

PathAsc posted:

I spilled my seed in a portashitter for the war effort.

Who hasn't? :v:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Wibla posted:

Who hasn't? :v:

I've never spilled his seed.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

piL posted:

I've never spilled his seed.

You lapped every last drop, like mom taught you?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Dick Burglar posted:

Everybody contributes to the WAR EFFORT, cuz the FRONT LINE FIGHTERS gotta have bullets and food and intel about the enemy and stuff. So even if you just mop the floors and clean the toilets, you're part of the WAR EFFORT, WARFIGHTER :patriot:

The bullets don't fly without supply, hooah?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Thump! posted:

The bullets don't fly without supply, hooah?

Well this is actually true

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Smiling Jack posted:

Well this is actually true

there was zero supply involvement with any of my arms and ammunition on the ship from tomahawks to 9mm. The navy doesn't trust supply with ordnance or weapons.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Got a call back from the MSgt. in charge of the testing we were doing. The base has lovely Internet so the browsers were taking a long time to load, and he was concerned that everyone failed their tests (only one guy passed everything) because they didn't have enough time to finish.

I went through every single exam to prove to him that everyone had answered all the questions. They just loving sucked at the subject matter.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

there was zero supply involvement with any of my arms and ammunition on the ship from tomahawks to 9mm. The navy doesn't trust supply with ordnance or weapons.

For the best

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Based on everything I've seen from Navy supp-Os, they shouldn't even be trusted with office supplies.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
Just write all of the supply requests in tagalog. It'll work out.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol if you don't do a 9 line to deal with supply and admin.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

PathAsc posted:

I like this idea.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Vriess posted:

Just write all of the supply requests in tagalog. It'll work out.

PathAsc posted:

A 9 line in tagalog.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
What's a 9-line?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's a 9-line?

It's when you run a train 3^2

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's a 9-line?

medivac request

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's a 9-line?

a radio format for calling in reports, basically fill in the blanks for complicated reports under stress

example here is the 9 line for a nuclear, biological or chemical attack

LINE 1 -- DATE AND TIME______________________________(DTG)

LINE 2 -- UNIT________________________________________(Unit Making Report)

LINE 3 -- EVENT_______________________________________(Type of Incident: NUCLEAR, NUC.NAV, BIOLOGICAL, BIO.NAV, CHEMICAL, or CHEM.NAV)

LINE 4 -- ALFA________________________________________(NBC Strike Serial Number)

LINE 5 -- HOTEL_______________________________________(Type of Burst, Biological/ Chemical Agent, and Persistency)

LINE 6 -- KILO ________________________________________(Terrain and Vegetation Description or Crater Indicator and Width in Feet or Meters)

LINE 7 -- QUEBEC_____________________________________(UTM or Six-Digit Grid Coordinate With MGRS Grid Zone Designator of the Reading or Sample and the Categories/ Type of Sample)

LINE 8 -- ROMEO______________________________________(Level of Radiation, Measured in cGy/H, Dose Rate Trend, and Relative or Actual Radiation Decay Rate)

LINE 9 -- SIERRA______________________________________(DTG the Contamination Was Detected or DTG of Reading or Sample)

LINE 10 -- TIME________________________________________(DTG of Observation)

LINE 11 -- NARRATIVE_________________________________(Free Text for Additional Information Required for Clarification of Report)

LINE 12 -- AUTHENTICATION___________________________(Report Authentication)

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I guess thats a 12 line though lol but same idea. I used to write them on the windows of my fox with map markers so I could send them and not sound retarded

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's a 9-line?
When you get a whole shop coked out of their minds so that they actually get things done for you.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FYI if you call a 9 line and report NBC contamination the bird isn't coming

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
So it's kind of like calling an ambulance because you don't want to ride the bus?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Absurd Alhazred posted:

So it's kind of like calling an ambulance because you don't want to ride the bus?

Some of them are a bigger deal than that. Like if someone calls in a 9 line NBC report thats like STFU this guy has priority poo poo. Same with medevacs. Like it's usually really bad poo poo not being lazy or whatever your bus analogy is going for.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Some of them are a bigger deal than that. Like if someone calls in a 9 line NBC report thats like STFU this guy has priority poo poo. Same with medevacs. Like it's usually really bad poo poo not being lazy or whatever your bus analogy is going for.

No, I mean, if you're using 9-line instead of the usual supply line.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Absurd Alhazred posted:

No, I mean, if you're using 9-line instead of the usual supply line.

OH gotcha, forgot the supply context

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Why the gently caress would I call a 9-line for supply guys instead of letting them have their well-deserved demise? :shrug:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The 9 line isn't to help supply :ssh:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I always hosed up 9 Lines in training, even with the card on me, because no one loving has the same edition and the simulated TOC is like, "DO YOU HAVE A NUCLEAR ATTACK BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU SAID FOR LINE [whatever]!"

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
If we don't all have conflicting instructions for how to carry out SOP's in training then how will we know how to have conflicting instructions when we do it for real, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I have no idea what any of that poo poo means but I guess supply doesn't do logistics or something? I don't know

I was trying to make a "the army marches on its stomach" point but w/e