Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
poor Bill Leak, thought of 18C and died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Leak should have stuck to portraiture and not being racist, instead of branching out into cartooning and being racist.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Leak is sucking balls in Hell. LOL

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
https://twitter.com/ginarush/status/842613467550949377

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Bill Leak died lmao

[insert crudely drawn MSPaint of worms eating corpse]

[canned laughter plays on looped repeat]

*Audience claps*

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine being such a poo poo person that most people celebrate your death.

I mean

just imagine.

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...
e: I'm late to the party.
e2: looking forward to making GBS threads on humphreys when he dies

Ler fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 17, 2017

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ewe2 posted:

https://twitter.com/woolkebb/status/842634813563580417

See, the racist cartoonist can't be all bad I look great in this.

I don't even know why I'm surprised in the least, anymore.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

QUACKTASTIC posted:

poor Bill Leak, thought of 18C and died
triggered

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I feel bad making GBS threads on someone that probably had lasting damage from a serious head injury. Surely there are enablers that should be mocked first.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

hiddenmovement posted:

I feel bad making GBS threads on someone that probably had lasting damage from a serious head injury. Surely there are enablers that should be mocked first.
All I have been doing is post the tributes made to Leak in the political cartoon thread and it still feels disrespectful.

All I want is for Leak to rest in peace, why are his supporters bludgeoning people with his corpse. :smith:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Gillian Triggers.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

rest in piss

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

hiddenmovement posted:

Prove that the brain injury caused him to be a poo poo person.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Starshark posted:

Prove that the brain injury caused him to be a poo poo person.

This. Checkmate :dukedog:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The idea of a dude falling off a ladder and not only becoming really racist, but actually becoming way more popular for doing so, is really funny somehow, to me.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
As a kid Hitler was probably really nice until he accidentally shaved off the wrong zit, becoming a monstrous genocidal maniac.

No wait there is actually a specific thing to describe what Bill Leak did:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinhibition

tl;dr, the brain damage removed his regard for social conventions and he let his inner shitter out without any of his prior restraint

He was always a lovely person but just hid it better beforehand. :eng101:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

DancingShade posted:

This. Checkmate :dukedog:

Perhaps the checkmate will be the release of a book of all the fluffy bunny cartoon drawings Leak did alongside the full-colour completed racist cartoons to "prove" he wasn't a racist and it was just out of context. No explanation of why editors chose the racist cartoons, etc. And then lefties will have to question themselves so muchly that they get bigly sorry and won't be mean to the nice old white guys.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I reckon Turnbull can get away with going to the funeral and praising him because it may piss off the left and appease Sky News and the Australian, but it goes over the heads of 95% of ordinary Australian swing voters who don't know who Leak is and don't care.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DancingShade posted:

As a kid Hitler was probably really nice until he accidentally shaved off the wrong zit, becoming a monstrous genocidal maniac.

No wait there is actually a specific thing to describe what Bill Leak did:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinhibition

tl;dr, the brain damage removed his regard for social conventions and he let his inner shitter out without any of his prior restraint

He was always a lovely person but just hid it better beforehand. :eng101:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
heh

quote:

Demoralised WA Liberals face potential headache over Upper House president

A potential problem has arisen for the WA Liberals, already in disarray, with Labor considering offering a former Liberal minister the role of Upper House president.

It is understood the new Government is waiting to see whether Simon O'Brien secures a seat in the Legislative Council, before offering him the role.

If Mr O'Brien accepted, Labor and the Greens could end up with a working majority in the Upper House, based on the count so far.

The president does not get a deliberative vote in the house, only a deciding vote in the event of a tie.

Mr O'Brien, who was first elected to parliament in 1996, was a minister for transport and commerce during the Barnett government's first term.

He was dumped from the ministry in 2013 and was not afraid to criticise the Government from the backbench, particularly on the issue of council amalgamations.

There is deep concern among Liberal MPs that Mr O'Brien may be tempted to accept the position.

Mr O'Brien was contacted for comment.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-17/liberals-face-another-problem-over-upper-house-president/8365424

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

freebooter posted:

I reckon Turnbull can get away with going to the funeral and praising him because it may piss off the left and appease Sky News and the Australian, but it goes over the heads of 95% of ordinary Australian swing voters who don't know who Leak is and don't care.

Care factor zero, the new egalitarianism. It's certainly an ironic outcome.

Now this is fkn politics.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Mar 17, 2017

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

freebooter posted:

It's just more culture war poo poo. Some people on the right think if they let up for even a second they'll have to host gay Muslim disabled dwarf orgies in their living rooms.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-17/liberals-face-another-problem-over-upper-house-president/8365424?pfmredir=sm
By Rebecca Carmody

A potential problem has arisen for the WA Liberals, already in disarray, with Labor considering offering a former Liberal minister the role of Upper House president.

It is understood the new Government is waiting to see whether Simon O'Brien secures a seat in the Legislative Council, before offering him the role.

If Mr O'Brien accepted, Labor and the Greens could end up with a working majority in the Upper House, based on the count so far.

The president does not get a deliberative vote in the house, only a deciding vote in the event of a tie.

Mr O'Brien, who was first elected to parliament in 1996, was a minister for transport and commerce during the Barnett government's first term.

He was dumped from the ministry in 2013 and was not afraid to criticise the Government from the backbench, particularly on the issue of council amalgamations.

There is deep concern among Liberal MPs that Mr O'Brien may be tempted to accept the position.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Brown Paper Bag posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-17/liberals-face-another-problem-over-upper-house-president/8365424?pfmredir=sm
By Rebecca Carmody

Beaten like the WA Liberals

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Twice.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
In the upper and lower house.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Starshark posted:

gay Muslim disabled dwarf orgies in their living rooms.

THIS IS WHAT LIBERALS ACTUALLY WANT

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Bill Leak status: still dead

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Starshark posted:

It's just more culture war poo poo. Some people on the right think if they let up for even a second they'll have to host gay Muslim disabled dwarf orgies in their living rooms.

Solar powered transgendered muslim asians will steal the gears from their negatives and make their grey nomad caravans run out of petrol faster. :bahgawd:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

On facebook I'm watching god botherer far right "Liberal" members struggling with not only that the small l types are in favour of marriage equality, but that they, the opponents, are actually in the shrinking minority. They won't accept the polls, but can't offer a reason why, not even a bad reason, they just refuse to accept that many people could support it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

NTRabbit posted:

On facebook I'm watching god botherer far right "Liberal" members struggling with not only that the small l types are in favour of marriage equality, but that they, the opponents, are actually in the shrinking minority. They won't accept the polls, but can't offer a reason why, not even a bad reason, they just refuse to accept that many people could support it.

In Road Runner cartoons the Coyote can run across open air pretty far before falling into the canyon.

Ignorance is buoyant.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Re: the current suck-fest over Bill Leak:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlKao_Pox5A

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Leak may have had brain damage, but explain everyone else there :colbert:

I just wish someone had trolled his funeral with a speach about the man he really was.

"Many today have spoken eloquently and at length on how racist Bill was, but no one has yet mentioned his homophobia and misogyny. He was also a pig fucker."

Legal tip of the day - the dead cannot be libelled.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

Leak may have had brain damage, but explain everyone else there :colbert:

I just wish someone had trolled his funeral with a speach about the man he really was.

"Many today have spoken eloquently and at length on how racist Bill was, but no one has yet mentioned his homophobia and misogyny. He was also a pig fucker."

Legal tip of the day - the dead cannot be libelled.

Chris Kenny's funeral is going to be a real howler.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
He's had a real dog's life so far.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
:sigh: Again with Kenny and the dog-loving. Why doesn't anyone talk about all the dogs he DIDN'T gently caress?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Starshark posted:

:sigh: Again with Kenny and the dog-loving. Why doesn't anyone talk about all the dogs he DIDN'T gently caress?

Yeah. Let us know when you find one.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Starshark posted:

Let's be honest here, it's because the dogfucking is less heinous than his "journalism".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Starshark posted:

Because no-one reads haiku anymore

• Locked thread