Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Alain Post posted:

Liberty FTW. Always knew the Scud would jump in.

Liberty are Cool And Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
When Liberty makes changes to the way F1 operates, do they call the new rules the Statutes of Liberty?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Hey look, another Formula 1 overtaking comittee.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns35954.html

But this one is different. They will actually put two cars in a wind tunnel to see what the impact of the Aero is.

quote:

"Previously, we did experiments in wind tunnels but it was a compromise because it didn't include the use of two cars.
:downsbravo:

In 10 years they might actually figure out that it's the Aero that makes passing impossible.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Somewhere there is a parallel universe where we got these cars

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Ferrari given liberty shares? Is this supposed to be a good thing? I was hoping Are Chance was going to kick those Goombah Dago bastards to the curb and make them race for money like everyone else, and now they still have a seat at the big table? Strike one against Liberty.

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Mar 17, 2017

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Here is my quarterly reminder that F1 should be changed to, or heavily incorporate cool and good racing into the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuUa_ADZJms

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Liberty FTW. Always knew the Scud would jump in.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

TurboDrizzle posted:

Ferrari given liberty shares? Is this supposed to be a good thing? I was hoping Are Chance was going to kick those Goombah Dago bastards to the curb and make them race for money like everyone else, and now they still have a seat at the big table? Strike one against Liberty.

All teams have been offered shares. Ferrari are just the first to accept the offer.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Here is my quarterly reminder that F1 should be changed to, or heavily incorporate cool and good racing into the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuUa_ADZJms

Genuinely an amazing race series. The 2017 bigger F1 tires are a step towards this too so surely it's only a matter of time til we get jumps/upsidedown sections

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

TurboDrizzle posted:

Did you read the article?

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
It's amazing how his posting shines through even when he's using an alt account after being probed for 100,000 hours or whatever.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"Purchased" actually means "Given". End of discussion.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

:allears:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

By the way there's an "infamous cheating" thread at the top of SAS that is just begging for some examples of the more brilliant loopholes that F1 teams have come up with in the past

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NtotheTC posted:

By the way there's an "infamous cheating" thread at the top of SAS that is just begging for some examples of the more brilliant loopholes that F1 teams have come up with in the past

- Entire 1982 season.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Human Grand Prix posted:

"Purchased" actually means "Given". End of discussion.

*Waits eagerly for wicka to post*

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

POCKET CHOMP posted:

It's amazing how his posting shines through even when he's using an alt account after being probed for 100,000 hours or whatever.

quote:

"We all change, when you think about it, we're all different people; all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when Dizzle ... was me.
"

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 17, 2017

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Who is the Drizzle?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Who is the Drizzle?

Confederate Matt

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Snitches get stitches, i never narced on nobody.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I was the one who bought you the intentionally spreads AIDS av years ago.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I mean it takes about two posts to figure it out.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Alain Post posted:

I honestly do not care that Americans don't have much of a history in F1, tbh, I care much more about getting them back in top level motorcycle racing.

gently caress Spain
King Kenny! Remember when he won in Spain and gave them the trophy back because gently caress Spain? Suck it, Europe! I miss the 80 sand 90s 500gp racing with America winning everything.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Wirth1000 posted:

I was the one who bought you the intentionally spreads AIDS av years ago.

:h:

Hope you're ready to buy it again when the Scud studs start owning very soon.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Oh god of course.

POCKET CHOMP posted:

:h:

Hope you're ready to buy it again when the Scud studs start owning very soon.

They would need a competent driver though, and the best they've got is Kimi.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm ready for Super Seb's Stunning Scud Speed

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm betting Sebs driving style fits more with these cars than the other hybrid years so far.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Perhaps the pace is real.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm ready for Super Seb's Stunning Scud Speed

sehr schnell

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KIMIWDC

"kimi, you just locked up the world driver's championship 3 races early, how does it feel?"

'bwoah, it's fine"

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Powershift posted:

KIMIWDC

"kimi, you just locked up the world driver's championship 3 races early, how does it feel?"

'bwoah, it's fine"

It's okay

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

I'm just looking forward to some interesting races where the first 2 steps on the podium are all but a given for a particular team. Maybe this sweet summer F1 child just hasn't been through enough winters, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

I've been catching up on this thread (don't ask me why) after being away for awhile, and as an American who couldn't have told you the difference between an Indy and an F1 car prior to 2011, let me just say that I'm really excited for what Liberty is doing and I really believe that better access wrt watching and sharing the experience with others online (paid streaming, more clips on youtube or w/e) will actually have a sizable impact on viewership in the US. The TV programming needs some improvement but owning a DVR fixes about half of those problems by itself and I don't know who in the gently caress would be watching F1 in the US that can't afford one these days. Maybe that's elitist but so is F1.

My wife was the one that turned me on to this sport mostly by just watching it with her. Before that, F1 was so far off my radar that when a mutual friend set us up on our first date and told me she was really into cars and auto-racing I just reflexively assumed it was NASCAR poo poo and was this close to going "nah, I'll pass." Nothing against the sport really, but the people and the culture, yeesh.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wuffles posted:

I've been catching up on this thread (don't ask me why)

I mean... I'll scroll a few pages back while drunk to laugh at my poo poo jokes, but you should consider counselling if you actively trying to catch up on this thread while sober.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Never post sober.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

1500quidporsche posted:

I mean... I'll scroll a few pages back while drunk to laugh at my poo poo jokes, but you should consider counselling if you actively trying to catch up on this thread while sober.

its a cry for help

but to be fair to myself, I mostly read it at work when I'm bored. I was too busy away from work to read anything about the testing going on over the last couple of weeks so it worked out okay--there were some pretty funny comments while the McLaren Honda was constantly shaking itself to death.

I think the bigger concern is that the discourse in this thread feels...normal to me.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

I'm betting Sebs driving style fits more with these cars than the other hybrid years so far.

Yup, our glorious little aerofuhrer is going to gently caress poo poo up.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

This thread is my therapy. You fuckos are practically normal compared to the people I work with.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Theophany posted:

This thread is my therapy. You fuckos are practically normal compared to the people I work with.

Do you work at law firm?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

gret posted:

Do you work at law firm?

Fund manager. I'm not enough of a sadist to work in law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Yeah I post primarily because my coworkers are loving terrible and the less I think about my job throughout the day the happier I am.

• Locked thread