Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Kuvo I think it's time for you to do a lot of off-screen grinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

topiKal posted:

:cool::cool::cool: STILL HAVEN'T DIED YET :cool::cool::cool:

Oh god, Noctis swinging that giant lovely saw around while a firing squad opens up on him.

I'll also never not laugh when a prompt to push X comes up and Noctis just jumps in the air. This game seems so aggressively mediocre it's kind of amazing.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Lunethex posted:

Kuvo I think it's time for you to do a lot of offon-screen grinding.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

If it helps it's usually safer to hold dodge with occasional attacking rather than the opposite which tends to get you destroyed. In my experience the game expects you to play super defensively.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

topiKal posted:

I eagerly await gently caress Bandunk 2.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

topiKal posted:

Go for some late night explorations.

And does the US not have caravans?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Gorilla Salad posted:

We call them convoys.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gorilla Salad posted:

If you mean big live-in vans that are a step below a mobile home and used for camping, we call them RVs. If you mean a group of vehicles traveling together, we tend to call it a convoy.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I thought that those where called trailer. As in trailer park.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Yeah "trailers" in the US. These things:

When I hear RV or Winnebago, I think something with can drive itself.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Just let Kuvo do all the combat. At least you finally figured out you can potion yourself, now if you only figured out elixirs give you back MAX HP.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Yeah but nobody uses elixirs until the very last fight in the game !

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
The combat system always felt clunky and never really clicked for me. I get the rules, but it never got to the point of feeling natural.

One more mediocre aspect of a mediocre game.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I've watched a few combat videos from a variety of youtubers and the general consensus seems to be that the game desperately needs to allow people to remap the controls better than the current choice between three lovely schemes.

Also, completely redo the menus and map.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

D'ya like dags?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

When I hear RV or Winnebago, I think something with can drive itself.

That's what I thought a UK caravan was, so my mistake.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
You need to do a sudden u-turn next time prompto stands up in the car.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm glad I didn't pick up this game.

Means I don't have to play it but I get to enjoy Kuvo's run of it. Best of both worlds.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Kuvo posted:

D'ya like dags?

Sure, I like dags. I like caravans more.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Kuvo posted:

D'ya like dags?

Dags: The dried bits of poo poo which stick to the wool around the arse of a sheep.

:confused:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Gorilla Salad posted:

Dags: The dried bits of poo poo which stick to the wool around the arse of a sheep.

Well, answer the question: do ya like dags?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Gorilla Salad posted:

Dags, d'y'like dags?

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: CITY TOURS :frogsiren:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Noctis' clothes make every cutscene better. I was typing this and I just heard Benson mention that there's a bouncy jewel on the cap, I didn't notice it until that. Holy poo poo, and it actually move about in scenes it's so good :swoon:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lunethex posted:

Noctis' clothes make every cutscene better. I was typing this and I just heard Benson mention that there's a bouncy jewel on the cap, I didn't notice it until that. Holy poo poo, and it actually move about in scenes it's so good :swoon:

And to think, it only took 18 parts for us to have fun.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"Women do all the work here."

Except for the shopkeepers, restaurant staff, and anyone else you actually interact with.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

And to think, it only took 18 parts for us to have fun.

Personally every episode has been great fun.

I still think Kuvo needs to grind at any rate.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Huh, I actually quite like Iris' design. It's something I can actually imagine a real woman wearing, even with the weird skirt-and-a-half thing.

Compared to those two townsfolk near the end, jesus christ.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.
Iris seems cute, until you find out she's 15 and Noctis is 20, then you take a cold shower.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lunethex posted:

Personally every episode has been great fun.

I still think Kuvo needs to grind at any rate.

Oops, I meant them, the players and not us, the viewers.

Sorry, I'm quite bad at words.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

That weird short shorts overalls outfit is loving strange

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Lt. Conquistador posted:

Iris seems cute, until you find out she's 15 and Noctis is 20, then you take a cold shower.

That is not too much of an age difference to me. Like, my first girlfriend was 16, I was 21. (She was mature for her age, I was very immature for mine, we matched quite well.)

It might also be because the legal age in Sweden is 15, and about that in most of Europe. Or I guess I'm just a creep and everyone will judge the hell out of me now.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
It's a Japanese game. I'll just leave it at that.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It doesn't seem that odd for a teenager to be crushing on the handsome prince.

I find it harder to believe Noctis is 20.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Lestallum is a really cool area, even if it does look kinda dumpy in parts. I love the dynamic music shifts, sometimes I'll just hang out in the market for those sweet horns. Their fashion sense is atrocious though, jesus.

To the game's credit it doesn't penalize you for picking the "bad" dialogue options with Iris, it still gives you all the AP rewards and such. I wasn't really a fan of her character and Noctis is kind of engaged so I totally blew her off. She gets super mad when you deny her suggestion that it's a date, it's pretty loving weird and yikes.

additionally, probably no one cares and you joked about it but the ffxv eu does tell us that noctis graduated as valedictorian (he went to public school like a regular citizen which is where he met prompto). thanks, ffxv eu

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

For the record, you didn't lock anything off - the quest ended when the robot came out, and you can't go inside if you beat it.

You go in, and acquire Titan, after a chapter of plot progress

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

melodicwaffle posted:

(he went to public school like a regular citizen which is where he met prompto).

I think this kinda comes up in one of the optional/"secret" in game conversations that triggers if you rest at a certain hotel/inn.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
"Let's go for a nice walk around the city. Here's the market where you get missions and buy healing items. Oh, and here's the currently blocked off power plant where you're totally going to have a mission later, possibly while disguised as a woman."

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I hope there is a mission like that and the disguise ends up being one of the clothing options and every party member has a dress or a skirt or something.

Prompto will never take off the pretty little princess dress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Laputanmachine posted:

I hope there is a mission like that and the disguise ends up being one of the clothing options and every party member has a dress or a skirt or something.

Prompto will never take off the pretty little princess dress.

Prompto gets the hot pants and chaps or whatever it was.

• Locked thread