Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

What the hell kind of team and set of TMs do you have?

e: oh right I forgot about the people who managed to pull Ling nevermind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXge4jIHxEE
over 60 pulls going after her did me no good

Noctis (Ifrit, 780 ATK)
Cecil (Fire Shield, Jeweled Ring, 7300 hp)
Elza (680 ATK, Doublehand)
Ling
Refia (Dualcast)
Friend Whomever Is On Ifrit (Yun/Noctis preferred)

Got him below 50% again, so at least I know that it's Radiant Plume that kills me. Well, Radiant Plume and if he follows it up with 2 more aoes.

The main problem is that he's killing the gently caress out of Refia regularly. I almost want to toss a Moogle on Charlotte so I can give Refia a Flame Sheild, but there has to be a better way.

You absolutely need to MAG break Ifrit turn 1 and cast Barfira/Barfiraga to stand a chance. And even then he sometimes just goes aoe crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

AegisP posted:

The main problem is that he's killing the gently caress out of Refia regularly. I almost want to toss a Moogle on Charlotte so I can give Refia a Flame Sheild, but there has to be a better way.
Same here, even when Cecil's Provoke is up! :argh:

PRO goes down like a sack of hammers with ease, barely 5% damage taken to my gang. We earn no matter how poorly we do but it is clear from JP that PRO is the best grind.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

Same here, even when Cecil's Provoke is up! :argh:

PRO goes down like a sack of hammers with ease, barely 5% damage taken to my gang. We earn no matter how poorly we do but it is clear from JP that PRO is the best grind.

Yeah unless you're a mega whale and can reliably take down ELT, should probably stick to PRO. That 7k ape is no joke.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Why does Zoldaad stop giving you lapis as a clear reward? I need 800 lapis!

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Nuebot posted:

Why does Zoldaad stop giving you lapis as a clear reward? I need 800 lapis!

I presume you're talking about something that's only a first clear reward. You get 100 lapis for clearing a story hub the first time.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Well, after this banner everyone should have multiple dual wields - hot drat! Fire up dem macros.

Forcing you to deal with Trust Moogles for 4* units that you don't have is kind of annoying though!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Send me a PM if my list fills up and I'll boot. Good luck!

Compensation explanation:
https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-sg.akamaized.net/prod//en/content/20170316_knownBugs_5.html

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Mar 17, 2017

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Did an 11 pull on the Player's Choice Banner. I actually pull a rainbow, but it's Emperor. That makes me 3 for 3 with my rainbows being off-banner.

Thanks Gumi.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Praise be to the support class. gently caress bringing a Noctis/Yun friend, Marie all the way. Also, I gave Refia a Flame Shield which solved her survivability problems instantly.

(not pictured: the previous turn in which I almost lost when Ifrit killed both Noctis and Marie)

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So I do my half price daily pull and get a Zidane. Figuring I would try my luck again I did a ticket pull: Amaranth and a 3* moogle.

I go to get smushing and the game says that the daily moogle is the "wrong trust" for my 34% Zidane

What
The
gently caress

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

hagie posted:

So I do my half price daily pull and get a Zidane. Figuring I would try my luck again I did a ticket pull: Amaranth and a 3* moogle.

I go to get smushing and the game says that the daily moogle is the "wrong trust" for my 34% Zidane

What
The
gently caress

What's the moogle's TM? :shepface: Just be glad you didn't take multiple 11 pulls before learning about that one.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

9 pulls. 3 Zidane.

Holy gently caress.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Beat ELT just now. Few thoughts.

Bring Ling to break.
Marie for Barfiraga.
D.C. Refia
Bushido freedom is required to remove the party fire debuff
Olive for DPS

I know this is not feasible for most, drat this was hard as poo poo.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Bring Ling to break.
Marie for Barfiraga.
D.C. Refia
Olive for DPS

I can survive a couple of rounds, but I effectively have no attack... PRO it is.

As long as I either draw or get a Y'shtola with the limited time awakening materials, I'm good. already drew a Minfilia.

Nuebot posted:

:negative: I had to spend 300 lapis on more slots, that's the sheer volume of moogles I still have.

Also neat trick, if you use escape you "win". So hit Ifrit on elite with a bunch of magic, escape and get some free lapis if you can't beat it. I sure as hell can't so I'll take the lapis to make up for the huge loss I just took.

Yeah, this works.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh hey, I just randomly got another 250 compensation. I guess they really are just giving us back all the daily rolls we took and got Sheras on.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Bring Ling to break.
Marie for Barfiraga.
D.C. Refia
Olive for DPS

And here I was laughed at for saying Marie was going to be useful only a few days ago.

What the poo poo Christ, moogles have specific trusts? No thank you, I didn't want Letters and Arms considering I smushed that piece of poo poo into some one else to make room.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gear up with as much fire resistance as you can and keep that fire debuff of his off your party and barfiraga up. Also have something to block paralyze.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put something on your friend unit to block paralyze if at all possible! And give them Ifrit. You can assign Ifrit to your chosen friend on a different group and it won't interfere with whom you assign Ifrit to on your main team.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Mar 17, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here's Kongbakpao's guide.
http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/march-on-ifrit/

F2P Team – The idea is to deal as much damage as possible. It does not matter if you can’t beat the boss. However, your team should be able to do more than 1.5m damage. If not, you’re better off doing PRO mode. Remember, the key is to prevent yourself from getting paralyze and stack Fire Resistance.

List of fire resistance gear:

Item Type Fire resistance Where to get?

Ifrit Esper ↑ 50% Complete Ifrit Quest

Flame shield Heavy shield ↑ 50% Town of Kolts
Surging Volcano – Exploration

Force Shield Heavy shield ↑ 10% Town of Amore (Fat Chocobo)

Soul Crown Hat ↑ 5% Event – Mana Mystery

Minerva Bustier Cloth ↑ 30% TM – Celes

Crimson Slayer Light Armor ↑ 25% TM – Yun

Flame Mail Heavy Armor ↑ 50% Fire Key – 3
Timber Tracks – Exploration

Force Armor Heavy Armor ↑ 10% Trial – Chimera

Rainbow robe Robe ↑ 30% TM – Marie

Fire Ring Accessories ↑ 5% Recipe – Royal Capital Grandshelt

Blaze Ring Accessories ↑ 10% Chest – Lanzelt Ruins – Exploration
Dwarves Forge – Exploration

Red Ring Accessories ↑ 15% Fire Key – 9

Infernal Armlet Accessories ↑ 20% TM – Demon Rain

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 17, 2017

Dockworker
Feb 22, 2011

Just you wait, the union is gonna hear about this.

If I'm running this in iOS, is TM macroing impossible? (It seems to be exclusively android emulators.)

I now have 6 zidanes and a noctis from this banner, and I'm wondering if I should fuse them all together to get DW on noctis faster or just run earth shrine a lot manually.

Also, thanks to all the generous goons that have friended me!

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Went from 0 Zidanes to 7. Yay players choice.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Dockworker posted:

If I'm running this in iOS, is TM macroing impossible? (It seems to be exclusively android emulators.)

I now have 6 zidanes and a noctis from this banner, and I'm wondering if I should fuse them all together to get DW on noctis faster or just run earth shrine a lot manually.

I played on iOS and run Memu an Android emulator to macro. You just have to attach a Facebook account to it and add your Facebook account on Memu.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I'm struggling on Pro...

The 1st time I ran it we got like 10 turns in, and he left, and I did maybe 1/5th damage total

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I e beaten ELT twice, got halfway on my recent turn and died. Somehow Refia got smoked and I couldn't recover. I need a friend Noctis. Please everybody with a friend Noctis, give him an Ifrit and a jeweled ring!!! :supaburn:

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Dockworker posted:

If you're willing to fuse 5 of them together you only need to get them up to around 16% each first (16 * 5 + 5 *4) which still takes awhile but is a lot less painful than getting one guy from 25% to 100%. Still gonna take awhile manually but that's the fastest route without using trust moogles.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Yay, got my first ifrit event unit, although it is probably the worst one with Thancred.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Strike that. Found my niche team for PRO

Mercedes
CoD
Cecil
Rain
Bartz
Friend Olive

1st round: buff that poo poo
Warcry
Omniveil
Focus (for reasons)
Undermine
Barrage
Grapeshot

Then I just healed with Cecil and had Rain Leadership then everyone barrages until Olives 3rd turn curb stomps.

Got 1.8mil damage...might skip warcry and undermine and use leadership first

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
11 Pull made me super sad, Leon and three cecils and nothing else significant.

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Khisanth Magus posted:

Yay, got my first ifrit event unit, although it is probably the worst one with Thancred.

Haha, roll on the raid coin gacha and you'll see more of him. I made enough back in JP to get his trust mastery just squishing him together... I think TWICE?

My point is unless they tweaked the rates he'll be around. You'll probably get the 4* a few times as well.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Robotic Accolade posted:

Haha, roll on the raid coin gacha and you'll see more of him. I made enough back in JP to get his trust mastery just squishing him together... I think TWICE?

My point is unless they tweaked the rates he'll be around. You'll probably get the 4* a few times as well.

Yeah I've done 8 orbs and already pulled 6 Thancreds.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

I equipped Ifrit and a jeweled ring. Put something goony in your greeting and I'll clear out my friend's list as needed.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Feels good to get a Gilgamesh. I'm lucky enough now to have everyone off of the banner.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I'm still a lowbie compared to you guys, but I pulled an Olive, 2 Cecils, and 2 Zidanes this morning from 12 tickets saved from the last event. I'm real happy with that.

I still rely on overpowered goons to even be able to beat Ifrit Pro though.

EDIT: Any of you guys ever see this bug before? Every time I go under Friends, if I click Requests the game crashes. I can't see who's requesting a friend of me.

pezzie fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 17, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Gumi just solidified me never spending real money on this game with these TM specific moogles.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Oh hey forgot about Shera's TM with the fire resist. Now I'm not so bothered by pulling like 25 of him.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
:stare: hard to find a worse pull than this one *tugs collar*

Even with a second Snow and a fifth Zidane, it's... horrendous

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

And here I was laughed at for saying Marie was going to be useful only a few days ago.

Well, to be fair, DPS AND HUGE NUMBERS are the only thing that matter, ever, for all time, no exceptions.

Minfilia... passes her sword to the other hand when she attacks? She draws it back with one hand, and it's in her other when she stabs.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Keep in mind the higher we raise Ifrits level, the bigger the bonus multiplier on points. If we can get max him out at 25, then we get 200% increase in points which might allow PRO runs to be able to get everything or close to it.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Mar 17, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Alright, yea, putting a Jeweled Ring on Noctis gives Refia bunch of breathing room so...yea, okay, he's got one on now even though he's losing some ATK, MP, & HP.

Clearing ELT for 7000-10k points per run is a pretty nice haul.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mad Fnorder posted:

11 Pull made me super sad, Leon and three cecils and nothing else significant.

2 11-pulls and a dozen tickets here, nothing significant. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
orlandu was out already during this event in jp

• Locked thread