Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
My lowest movies are pieces of fine Canadian cinema that still have around 50 or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Actually taking a look, one other person has watched "Satan's Choice" (Canadian biker gang doc) and six others have watched "Unleashed! A Dog Dancing Story" which is crazy because it was on Netflix and it's a real-life Waiting for Guffman but with dog dancing. Highly recommended.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

The Worst Movies I've Ever Seen. It's all of my 1/2 star movies.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

I have a confession. There are gags in The Stupids that still make me laugh.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Showgirls and Nekromantik are good.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

K. Waste posted:

Showgirls and Nekromantik are good.

Nah, but they may be slightly better than 1/2 star.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone else keep a list of movies they've missed but definitely want to see from a given year? Here's mine from 2016.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Anyone else keep a list of movies they've missed but definitely want to see from a given year? Here's mine from 2016.

I do now. Very good idea.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I hope some of these are in the so bad it's good category cause there's some trash here that's a real good time.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

weekly font posted:

I hope some of these are in the so bad it's good category cause there's some trash here that's a real good time.

No, but a lot of them I've only seen once a long time ago, so it's possible a rewatch would reveal some unseen qualities.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

So I've been a Pro member for a couple weeks now and it's been totally worth it. The Stats page is killer. But I think the best feature is the ability to clone lists. It gives me the ability to easily check if a particular movie is on a particular list. I just clone the lists I'm interested in.

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Troll 2 is a 5 star movie, no matter what anyone says.

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

I've done that for 2013+ onward, and before that I just added those films in the description of my Ranked films from that year.
I just liked your list - we have a lot of the same films listed, and if it wasn't for film festivals, I wouldn't have the same luck seeing so many.

This is my ranked films from 2016, and a link inside for ones I've missed last year.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

friendo55 posted:

I've done that for 2013+ onward, and before that I just added those films in the description of my Ranked films from that year.
I just liked your list - we have a lot of the same films listed, and if it wasn't for film festivals, I wouldn't have the same luck seeing so many.

This is my ranked films from 2016, and a link inside for ones I've missed last year.

I poached a bunch of stuff from your lists. They're very comprehensive.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

friendo55 posted:

You got some good lists there, very nice.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

So I've been a Pro member for a couple weeks now and it's been totally worth it. The Stats page is killer. But I think the best feature is the ability to clone lists. It gives me the ability to easily check if a particular movie is on a particular list. I just clone the lists I'm interested in.

I didn't realize list cloning was Pro only. I've used that for almost every list I have in my "lists" section.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Needing suggestions for my list.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Night of the hunter

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

MacheteZombie posted:

Night of the hunter

That's already on there.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spatulater bro! posted:

That's already on there.

Whoops had my filters on. Lol

E: carnival of souls*
Johnny got his gun
Return to Oz

*technically directed educational and industrial films as well

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 11, 2017

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999).

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
The House Is Black, if you count shorts

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The Man on the Flying Trapeze (1935)

Clyde Bruckman is credited, but he was fired after a few days due to his alcoholism and star W.C. Fields took over.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I was thinking of Brandon Cronenberg for a modern example, but he has two 2018 projects listed :mad:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 12, 2017

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
The Lost One by Peter Lorre

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The Room

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

wanda

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I just added a bunch of you guys. I'm on there as Gdecker.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I got some lists.

Movies Worse than Thor (complete list)
Cop Movies -- Movies with "cop" in the title.
Movies That Take Place in Modern Times in Which the Hero Favors Anachronistic Weapons in Lieu of Modern Weapons When Modern Weapons Would Be Much More Practical

You dudes can help me with that third list, I think.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

If you didn't have the qualifier of "in modern times", I'd say 'Aliens'. "I like to keep this handy for close encounters."

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I was gonna say Red Sun (1971) because of Mifune's character, but I guess that isn't really modern times if the plot revolves around delivering a sword to Ulysses S. Grant.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 16, 2017

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

credburn posted:

I got some lists.
Cop Movies -- Movies with "cop" in the title.
Could add Cop, Cop and a Half, Cops, Cops & Robbersons, Cop Car, Cop Land, Cop Out, Violent Cop, Karate Cop, Kamikaze Cop, Police Story 3: Supercop, Scanner Cop, Space Cop, and Psychedelic Cop to that list. Also Let's Be Cops and Live Like a Cop, Die Like a Man, if those fit with what you're going for.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Oops, I should have clarified the cop thing; the movie title uses "cop" as the suffix and describes the titular cop. I only used the first entry in a franchise.

Are those...joke names, or actual movies? Because if they're actual movies, I'm going to have my weekend full.

Xenomrph posted:

If you didn't have the qualifier of "in modern times", I'd say 'Aliens'. "I like to keep this handy for close encounters."

drat, you're right. I should have said a weapon appropriate for the era.

credburn fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Mar 17, 2017

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

It is 2017, we can all admit Freddy Got Fingered is phenomenal. We don't have to pretend anymore.

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

TrixRabbi posted:

It is 2017, we can all admit Freddy Got Fingered is phenomenal. We don't have to pretend anymore.

I frequently forget that movie ever existed..

What you're saying is, it's an overlooked gem that's way ahead of it's time?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

My least popular movie is an adaptation of Paul's Case from 1980 and there are also two Vonnegut adaptations in the bottom 5.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

friendo55 posted:

I frequently forget that movie ever existed..

What you're saying is, it's an overlooked gem that's way ahead of it's time?

100%. Hollywood gave Tom Green the keys to the car and he took it for a joyride and Thelma & Louise'd it over a cliff. It owns.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

TrixRabbi posted:

100%. Hollywood gave Tom Green the keys to the car and he took it for a joyride and Thelma & Louise'd it over a cliff. It owns.

People really had no clue what to make of that movie when it came out, the various reviews and reactions were as entertaining as the movie itself. I honestly don't remember much of it, I haven't seen it since the year of its release.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I've seen it only once, in the theater, and I hated it so much I nearly walked out. Should I give it another chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

credburn posted:

Oops, I should have clarified the cop thing; the movie title uses "cop" as the suffix and describes the titular cop. I only used the first entry in a franchise.

Are those...joke names, or actual movies? Because if they're actual movies, I'm going to have my weekend full.
Yeah, those are all real.