Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Phantasium posted:

I scalped my Switch, to myself, to play myself, it was great.

How much money did you flip it for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Tender Bender posted:

That's fair, but I don't think it's reasonable to just claim that most of the sold out run is scalpers with no evidence.

Oh totally agree, which is why I believe that may be the case, but also stated I have no evidence and it would be nice to see the numbers. (Which are basically impossible to gauge I would think)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I called my local GameStop recently and the guy said that there were people that show up everyday to see if a switch came in their daily shipment. To suggest there is no demand and it's just scalper derived sales is insane. People want this and they will want it more when Xbox and PlayStation bore everyone at E3 and even more still once Mario etc comes out.

Did you hear there's a new Xbox and it has the most graphics?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

parallelodad posted:

You would be playing over a terrible tethered connection if you were on the go and be making other people's experiences worse. Sounds like your typical day.

1v1 scrub.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Gamers: It's bullshit I can't buy a Switch! Damnit Nintendo quit artificially creating shortages!

Nintendo: We will double production so everyone can buy one!

Gamers: What the gently caress is wrong with Nintendo? Doubling production, what are they stupid? They'll never sell that many!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Utnayan posted:

Ok if that happened with Cross play functionality across platforms, I may even consider getting a switch for the portablility and playing rocket league on the go.

(I am severely addicted to that game)

Even if there isn't cross play it would probably be worth getting. If Nintendo isn't showing up at Psyonix with a big briefcase full of money they're idiots.

I think the holdup is that it's an Unreal Engine 3 game and I don't know if a small developer could port that kind of game to the Switch or not. They may have to rebuild everything in UE4.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Infinitum posted:

sonic

he can really move

sonic

he has attitude

sonic

he is the fastest thing alive

It's "he's got an attitude"

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

I'm fuckin' excited for the new Sonic games coming out this year

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

parallelodad posted:

Did you hear there's a new Xbox and it has the most graphics?

It's a great strategy they have trying to outdo each other for the title of "shittier than a PC but at least closer to the real thing than the competition!" I like that the Switch doesn't really directly compete with them in that regard because it's the standard Android "so many RAMs" drivel we hear year and in and year out

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Why even factor in scalpers? The poor doh-dohs who have to resort to a scalper buy are still buying a Switch -- that's a sale. Even for the shittiest of scalper trash who have to return some/all of their unflipped consoles, I'm willing to bet those account for less than 1% of units sold.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

How much money did you flip it for

40 hours and counting of Zelda, this guy *raises thumbs* is a sucker!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Dollar for Dollar a video gaming console is better than a PC tho

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Gamers: It's bullshit I can't buy a Switch! Damnit Nintendo quit artificially creating shortages!

Gamers: What the gently caress is wrong with Nintendo? Doubling production, what are they stupid? They'll never sell that many!

There is a difference between accurately predicting demand with 8 million units (Which would make sense) and have more than enough supply for everyone in the coming fiscal year, than doubling that to 16 million and having oversupply and having an opinion that could be a bad decision. Especially when they made the same mistake with the Gamecube, Wii U, and 3DS.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I'm fuckin' excited for the new Sonic games coming out this year

:yeah:

I'm really glad it's the Generations people/appears to be just Generations 2. We're going to get a good Sonic game in tyool 2017 :allears:

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

This may be hard for you to understand but there are more people here then "you" and "them" there are in fact at least dozens of people each with different opinions.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

It's "he's got an attitude"

Really wanna get voted off early, don't ya? :v:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

socialsecurity posted:

This may be hard for you to understand but there are more people here then "you" and "them" there are in fact at least dozens of people each with different opinions.

Yeah, but none of those opinions actually matter or are worth a drat because we don't have access to Nintendo's internal business reports :v:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I have my Splatoon 2 Testfire running just so I can listen to the song while I post about the Switch. Fun times y'all.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

No eshop music sucks.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Here comes dat sonic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w7PQ_63wf8

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I dunno the new Sonic game just doesn't do anything for me. The issue is fundamentally the gameplay is pretty one dimensional. Mario was able to go 3-D because the gameplay was a natural progression from the SNES but Sonic's hold direction and go FAST doesn't leave a lot of space to expand outside of like those run games like you find on phones. I could very well be wrong!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Infinitum posted:

Really wanna get voted off early, don't ya? :v:

plz don't discuss games outside the game CHEATER

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I dunno the new Sonic game just doesn't do anything for me. The issue is fundamentally the gameplay is pretty one dimensional. Mario was able to go 3-D because the gameplay was a natural progression from the SNES but Sonic's hold direction and go FAST doesn't leave a lot of space to expand outside of like those run games like you find on phones. I could very well be wrong!

Well the thing is that Generations had both classic side-scrolling platformer and high speed modern race gameplay, and they sometimes mixed it up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BoI is out

Can't pay with Aussie CC

No release date for Australia yet

gently caress this gay earth

Off to play-asia I go

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Bloop posted:

Nope, still wrong. Not that it should matter. I am a mental health professional, though. I work with people who do have autism.

Common use of "autistic" as a slur is hate speech that dehumanizes and harms people just as surely as hate speech based on race or sexual orientation.

You shouldn't do it.

When you feel like posting a slur, you should probably log off and go enjoy your Nintendo Switch instead.

That sounds gay.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

socialsecurity posted:

Oh hush, you. The discussion is fine. Just funny to me that Nintendo gets it both ways. What we really need is Colin Moriarity to weigh in on this topic

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
apparently this one is going to have modern sonic, classic 2-d sonic and another yet unannounced type of sonic!!!!

THREE SONICS

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

And they all will be bad to mediocre.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kurtofan posted:

apparently this one is going to have modern sonic, classic 2-d sonic and another yet unannounced type of sonic!!!!

THREE SONICS

sonic tetris? sonic majhong? the possibilities are endless

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

THREE SONICS

Big the cat 2, the Switch will become the premier lost frog game console

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I can't loving sleep out of fear that there will be extra Switch units sitting on store shelves in December. It's a drat nightmare. Even Zelda feels like ashes in my mouth.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Playin' Isaac now for the past hour or so. Seems like a perfect port.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Utnayan posted:

There is a difference between accurately predicting demand with 8 million units (Which would make sense) and have more than enough supply for everyone in the coming fiscal year, than doubling that to 16 million and having oversupply and having an opinion that could be a bad decision. Especially when they made the same mistake with the Gamecube, Wii U, and 3DS.

You're assuming a lot. To them the costs of inventory could be less than the savings from increasing the order, while giving them more flexibility on shipping. The SoC may have just dropped in price. The only people who know any of that are a bunch of 70 year old Japanese men.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Kurtofan posted:

THREE SONICS

Let's go, Sonic the Fighters

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Isaac is now downloading. :toot:

Play-Asia worked perfectly for putting credit onto my US account.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

sonic tetris? sonic majhong? the possibilities are endless

It'll be Shadow for the added 'tude.

Also that Sonic Forces video looked freaking bad to me.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Aww man the switch doesn't have background purchasing yet, bought Issac off of the online eShop and it won't start downloading until I wake up the system. Sad!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

deadwing posted:

Aww man the switch doesn't have background purchasing yet, bought Issac off of the online eShop and it won't start downloading until I wake up the system. Sad!

I know it says that from the website, but I'm pretty sure when I bought Blaster Master off there, it downloaded while my system was asleep.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

deadwing posted:

It's weird. I had the same experience with World of Goo, but I swear last week I bought Blaster Master Zero from work and when I got home and woke my system it appeared instantly. Maybe it was that small a download.

^^^That's fuckin weird dude. Are you I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Healbot posted:

It'll be Shadow for the added 'tude.

Also that Sonic Forces video looked freaking bad to me.

looked like someone did a fan version of SA2 in Unreal or something

• Locked thread