Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Ularg posted:

Person A: "Hey, we're having a service for a respected political cartoonist this afternoon."
Person B: "Righto, what's his name then?"

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

I
AM
GOD

i wish i knew how to center text

code:
  I
 A M
G O D

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Ularg posted:

Person A: "Hey, we're having a service for a respected political cartoonist this afternoon."
Person B: "Righto, what's his name then?"

Pretty sure someone tweeted almost exactly that just after his death was announced.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Spanish Matlock posted:

I'm the immaculate Aryan child discovering his interest in bondage hair daddies.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Tei posted:

code:
  I
 A M
G O D

I
                                                             A M
                                                            G O D

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Just waiting for Man At Arms to forge the Erdogantlet

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

frankenfreak posted:

code:
[fixed]                                                              I
                                                             A M
                                                            G O D[/fixed]

Yea, I ain't typing that.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
One day I'll write an EN thread about how my schizophrenic mother terrorized our family and friends about Passover and chumatz for the past twenty plus years.
So even your bland inoffensive cartoon offends me. That one guy.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

long suffering wife: maybe you should put the dog in the corner so people know you're talking about pessah

kirschen: ?????

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

I
                                                             A M
                                                            G O D

A Hacker is just another word for somebody that have control of the Names and Verbs to make incantations in the womb of a computer.

Now that you, me and mandatory lesbian have decyphered the secrets of monospace fonts, nothing can stop us.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I say it every year, Kirschen's old-man Jewish holiday cartoons are the most inoffensive things he draws but I get irrationally angry at him spelling Pesach as "Pessah" :argh:

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

loquacius posted:

I say it every year, Kirschen's old-man Jewish holiday cartoons are the most inoffensive things he draws but I get irrationally angry at him spelling Pesach as "Pessah" :argh:

Maybe he has a Boston accent.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

a wicked pessah

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

WHERE ARE HIS PUPILS????

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Skippy Granola posted:

Maybe he has a Boston accent.

I mean the holiday isn't called "Pesser"

oddium posted:

a wicked pessah

"Wicked" is actually an adverb in Boston slang, but "wicked pissah" is an adjective, so he could wish you a wicked pissah Pessah

Technowolf posted:

WHERE ARE HIS PUPILS????

he has been possessed by the spirit of Pessah :ghost:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

don't ruin my funny joke

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jay Rust posted:

What was the original?
Actually, I'm curious myself. Are those after the style of A. Wyatt Mann or are they straight up copied and pasted?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Tei posted:

A Hacker is just another word for somebody that have control of the Names and Verbs to make incantations in the womb of a computer.

Have you read Snow Crash?

Space Poodle
Nov 11, 2007

twoday posted:

Hold on to your butts:

Surely, he can never top this, and thus, tonight he dies in his sleep having completed his mission?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Is this an edit or was it actually published anywhere?

At any rate, I take some small comfort that when Lester, McCoy, or Ramirez croak, no one in the US will care. Though Ted Cruz might share a quick tear via Twitter when Branco bites it.

I feel like this is a repurposed "If global warming, why cold?" cartoon.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

:drat: that's a good pepe

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I would not have pegged Varvel as the "don't cut funding to Big Bird" sort, but I guess everyone has a line.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Ramirez cartoons going back to at least 2001 are on cagle.com, but I'm not sure if it's possible to browse them easily. The second cartoon is from August 2, 2003 and has the relatively intuitive URL http://cdn.cagle.com/working/030802/ramirez.gif.
Thanks. He was surprisingly less poo poo during the early 2000's.

Still had the same art style though.

Anywhere I can find his 80's / 90's cartoons?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Sandpuppy posted:

At any rate, I take some small comfort that when Lester, McCoy, or Ramirez croak, no one in the US will care. Though Ted Cruz might share a quick tear via Twitter when Branco bites it.

I feel like this is a repurposed "If global warming, why cold?" cartoon.

Isn't Sesame Street on HBO now specifically because PBS already couldn't afford to keep funding it and sold the rights?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sandpuppy posted:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

cis autodrag posted:

Isn't Sesame Street on HBO now specifically because PBS already couldn't afford to keep funding it and sold the rights?

HBO helps fund it but PBS still gets new episodes after a half year delay.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

SomeMathGuy posted:

I would not have pegged Varvel as the "don't cut funding to Big Bird" sort, but I guess everyone has a line.

Responsible Spender President Trump is cutting up Wasteful Spending Sesame Street's credit cards.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Trump's proposed budget will lead to preventable deaths, AGC.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Somfin posted:

Responsible Spender President Trump is cutting up Wasteful Spending Sesame Street's credit cards.

Yeah, I read it as Varvel being a fan of the cuts too.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Technowolf posted:

Trump's proposed budget will lead to preventable deaths, AGC.

I was thinking "Trump will not only demolish our government but kill anyone standing in his way."

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Spun Dog posted:

Yeah, I read it as Varvel being a fan of the cuts too.

Jesus loving Christ, what? :psyduck: I mean, I get Trump, he's insane and evil and basically not a human being, but do Varvel and his audience sincerely believe that having a free press is unimportant, or that children don't need media too? Do they think these things can be privatized? Good luck with that! Corporate media is consistently poo poo when left to its own devices and I didn't think anyone disputed that. Seriously, what the hell?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Just show Varvel Don't Hug Me I'm Scared.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pretty succinct summary of doestoyevsky right there

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

There has never been a more perfect symbol for Trump fans than an obese diaper fetish Pepe.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:eng101: those are actually Polish gas masks, they're not conneceted to their hoses though

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"When I read about massive defense spending increases, I think 'man, that's a big cut to big govt!'" --A moron

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

21 Muns posted:

Jesus loving Christ, what? :psyduck: I mean, I get Trump, he's insane and evil and basically not a human being, but do Varvel and his audience sincerely believe that having a free press is unimportant, or that children don't need media too? Do they think these things can be privatized? Good luck with that! Corporate media is consistently poo poo when left to its own devices and I didn't think anyone disputed that. Seriously, what the hell?

When Glenn Beck was discussing the cuts on his show, he said the cuts to public broadcasting were good, because Sesame Street makes a ton of money off merchandise sales. They'll never run out of money and so taxpayers shouldn't be funding it. He also said that because of pledge drives and the fact that NPR had all the number one podcasts, that NPR has a ton of money and we don't need to fund it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

"When I read about massive defense spending increases, I think 'man, that's a big cut to big govt!'" --A moron

The only government they want IS the defense department.

• Locked thread