Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

freshlybaked posted:

Really wished being able to swap out people mid-battle wasn't locked behind a social link, let alone one that's not even a main character.
maybe I misunderstand the description and Baal can correct me but you get the ability for the protagonist to swap out active and reserved party members just from meeting her. Rank 10 just lets anyone do it in their turn. There's a bit of hoops to meet Hifumi like having Rank 2 with Yusuke and having a Charm stat of 3, but you're gonna do all your party member links anyway and a Charm of 3 nearly three months into the game sounds pretty doable.

If anything Moon sounds like the SLink to focus on for that sick EXP boost which my dumbass min/max brain needs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Dehry posted:

Offisona:

You're a generic male Japanese office worker. While staying late waiting for the boss to leave...and wow the last thing I would want to do is explore a dungeon.

Stamina instead of HP. After a hard day's work, MC has to keep chugging energy drinks otherwise he falls asleep in the dungeon and is lost forever

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
It will bring back the Tired condition from Persona 3 except everyone has it by default and there's no way to get rid of it

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Dehry posted:

Offisona:

You're a generic male Japanese office worker. While staying late waiting for the boss to leave...and wow the last thing I would want to do is explore a dungeon.

Did you know the guy who wrote SAO was a salaryman? I mean it's not a good LN or series but it's not like you start hating fun after your 20s. I would be into exploring a secret world and living out my dreams as a hero vs daily grind of commuting on the subway for my dead end p/t job.

Item Getter posted:

It will bring back the Tired condition from Persona 3 except everyone has it by default and there's no way to get rid of it

Story of my life.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Alder posted:

Did you know the guy who wrote SAO was a salaryman?

You can tell because Kiritos Sisters Tits are so huge and its mentioned about 200 times and there is incest that he was a salaryman once. Sucked the normalcy right out

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yo, I have a weirdly specific question about the controls, if someone that played it before could answer. I went and turned on my PS3 again to make sure everything was in working order and things MOSTLY are except there is some wonkiness with my controller where sometimes LT doesn't work if I'm also using the left analog stick. This would, obviously, be devastating to an FPS or something, but does P5 have anything essential mapped to L2 that requires me to be moving at the same time? It's probably going to be the last game I play on the ol' PS3 for a long time so I don't wanna have to buy a new controller just for it.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I'll say it.

I want a Persona/Yakuza crossover game. Make it happen Atlus and Sega.

Kazuma's persona would be Kazuma because gently caress you.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Bussamove posted:

I'll say it.

I want a Persona/Yakuza crossover game. Make it happen Atlus and Sega.

Kazuma's persona would be Kazuma because gently caress you.

What? No way, they already have the perfect things to be the Personas of most of the main characters, their back tattoos.

Either that or Haruka should be his persona.

Or maybe Majima.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

You can tell because Kiritos Sisters Tits are so huge and its mentioned about 200 times and there is incest that he was a salaryman once. Sucked the normalcy right out
the hosed up part is that kirito's sister also has abs but none of the adaptations keep that

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

What? No way, they already have the perfect things to be the Personas of most of the main characters, their back tattoos.

Either that or Haruka should be his persona.

Or maybe Majima.

Majima is acceptable if, randomly and without warning, the attack targets Kazuma instead.

Haruka is clearly the navigator/main character of the spinoff rhythm game. :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yo, I have a weirdly specific question about the controls, if someone that played it before could answer. I went and turned on my PS3 again to make sure everything was in working order and things MOSTLY are except there is some wonkiness with my controller where sometimes LT doesn't work if I'm also using the left analog stick. This would, obviously, be devastating to an FPS or something, but does P5 have anything essential mapped to L2 that requires me to be moving at the same time? It's probably going to be the last game I play on the ol' PS3 for a long time so I don't wanna have to buy a new controller just for it.

L2 has nothing of general importance mapped to it iirc, so you should be fine.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

yeah but the ffxv english dub is good

The central cast was great but the NPCs were all distractingly bad. I ended up settling for the dub simply because I wanted to keep up with banter and poo poo but the random quest givers made me work for it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

the hosed up part is that kirito's sister also has abs but none of the adaptations keep that

if anyone asks why I haven't watched past ep1 of sao this is why now

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Motto posted:

if anyone asks why I haven't watched past ep1 of sao this is why now

You are not missing anything.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

sao rules, ahahahaha

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I think everyone imagined themselves as characters like Kirito when they were 12 or 13 but the SAO guy just never stopped I guess.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Kirito is an elite gam3r and also a mature sex-haver but also never loses a fight.

He is "nothin personal, kid" personified.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

How Scooby-Doo is the plot in this?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Norns posted:

How Scooby-Doo is the plot in this?

It's more Lupin the 3rd.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

ImpAtom posted:

It's more Lupin the 3rd.

Also acceptable

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Deified Data posted:

Kirito is an elite gam3r and also a mature sex-haver but also never loses a fight.

Same

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Deified Data posted:

The central cast was great but the NPCs were all distractingly bad. I ended up settling for the dub simply because I wanted to keep up with banter and poo poo but the random quest givers made me work for it.
Ignis' voice was the only one that I didn't really love, but yeah I want the idle battle dialogue. The NPCs were loving wild tho

People hated Promptos japanese voice but I really think they just never saw an anime with the cheery character archetype. Prompto yelling "Arigatou, chocobo!" when you getting off one rules

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Sorry everyone. Games cancelled.

http://www.seganerds.com/2017/03/17/amazon-is-cancelling-persona-5-pre-orders-on-ps4/

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lol are you loving kidding me

slev
Apr 6, 2009

My amazon order is still fine

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, same, and now I'm reading a Reddit post that says actually it's just a supplier cancelling orders? What the gently caress is going on

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah mines still good too

but lmao this game is never coming out

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

yeah my steelbook is fine too

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/842786747771707393

I hope this is the reason why.

My order is fine too.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Sao was OK for the most part, it got really creepy with the marriage and e-child thing, the ending to the first arc was kinda cool tho. And then it kept going and then that's when it gets really really awful

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Looks like my Steelbook is also good, must be because of my maxed Social Link with an Amazon employee.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Welp, looks like I'm going to be refreshing my inbox every minute of every day until I get the thing on my doorstep.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I will be extremely upset if my preorder got canceled. I set it up a while ago so I could just forget it and get the cool goodies from the special edition. Don't let me down, Amazon.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Yeah, if my take your heart edition gets canceled it'll be a bummer

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Going to preorder digitally because my room is microscopic and I can't even manage a physical library of anything

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Baal is going to own me and cancel my preorder gently caress you Baal

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Dryzen posted:

Baal is going to own me and cancel my preorder gently caress you Baal

He just doesn't want you to play the bad game that is p5

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

This will probably be cheaply attached to the normal retail box with some plastic wrap if it's like some other Atlus bonuses I've seen recently.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Dryzen posted:

gently caress you Baal

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Dryzen posted:

gently caress you Baal