Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Soul Glo posted:

Where are y'all seeing Tarns that cheap? CFB and Amazon don't seem to have seen the needle move all that much.

It's 11 in the morning in half of the country and most people didn't skip work to go pick up their $200 boxes of cardboard. Prices won't move until supply and demand catch up and force sellers to undercut each other. Generally speaking you can do well making trades over the weekend and the next until supply runs out. It usually sticks at the lower price for a few months before some super hot tech comes up in a GP and brings cards back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Sickening posted:

First, tcg mid or market price is meaningless right now. Prices are changing too fast for this to be useful.

I look at the actual lowest price on the actual page for the card.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

TCG Player.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
I'm glad that this set is making Modern more affordable, even if I bought most of the money cards in it less than a year ago :downs: :qq:

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Seems like grixis shadow is a deck that benefitted a lot from mm17, most of the money cards got reprinted and it doesn't play bauble usually.

Got a list?

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I am buying a box and doing an at-home pizza and beer draft with the guys. Gonna be a good Friday night! Why isn't it 5pm yet?

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

Molybdenum posted:

Got a list?

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=112020

There is also a version that cuts the counters and Delvers for Street Wraiths.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
I'm so sick of these poors ruining drafts. I let people know before a draft that if they don't drop, I'm taking everyone to Applebees. It's what I like to call a win/win.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If you're thinking of playing the card "Delver of Secrets" in modern, don't.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

Its modern, play what you like.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
McMagic is gonna send death threats to Delver's lab.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Balon posted:

I am buying a box and doing an at-home pizza and beer draft with the guys. Gonna be a good Friday night! Why isn't it 5pm yet?

I have pizza and beer and a draft later tonight, but sadly no friends with whom to tie them all together :negative:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Henron posted:

McMagic is gonna send death threats to Delver's lab.

For the record I don't and have not sent death threats to anyone. I do write strongly worded letters.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mcmagic posted:

That was all in 1 box?

Yeah.

I had no mythics in the first 14 packs and then opened Goyf. Lili was the very last pack.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

Yeah.

I had no mythics in the first 14 packs and then opened Goyf. Lili was the very last pack.

Can't ask for a better box than that...

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

TwistedNails posted:

Nope they are in foil packs like other sets now.

Thank you.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Local LGS is charging 40 to draft tonight

laughing my butt off

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

80s James Hetfield posted:

laughing my butt off

What's the prize support? Mine is charging 35 for Draft 1 and 30 for Drafts after that and the support is 3-0: 2 packs 2-1: 1 Pack.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

80s James Hetfield posted:

laughing my butt off

If they're giving modern masters packs as prizes that's in line with normal draft costs.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

mcmagic posted:

What's the prize support? Mine is charging 35 for Draft 1 and 30 for Drafts after that and the support is 3-0: 2 packs 2-1: 1 Pack.

That's remarkably stingy. Least they could do is 3 for 3-0, 2 for 2-0-1, and 1 for 2-1.

Really makes me wish WOTC would standardize FNM draft buy-in and minimum prizing. Every store having its own "unique" and arcane method is tiresome.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

mcmagic posted:

Swiss in 8 player pods

1st: 4 MM2017 Boosters
2nd : 2 MM2017 Boosters
3rd: 1 MM2017 Booster
4th: 1 MM2017 Booster

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Mine is charging $30 with understandably limited prizing:
3-0 3 mm17 packs
2-1 1 mm17 pack
Everybody else gets a pack of aether revolt or whatever

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

mcmagic posted:

I'll do what I want :colbert:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Mine's doing $35, I don't know what prize support is for drafts here but we get store credit for Constructed so maybe that.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
$30, 6 packs for 3-0, 4 for 2-0-1, 2 for 2-1, 1 for 1-1-1 :getin:

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

Tomorrow my store is running drafts all day: $30 for drafts with prize payout in MM3 packs, $24 for drafts with prize payout in standard packs (not sure how many packs, but usually for fire at will drafts they do 8/4s)

http://www.coolstuffgames.com/event/modern-masters-2017-draft-special-2/?instance_id=563

And of course my wife is making me take the kid to Disney instead :suicide:

St0rmD fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 17, 2017

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
$40 per draft for me, but pack per win in Swiss. That's okay compared to 1 pack for 2-1 and 1xAER for worse.

Also, thanks a lot to whoever mentioned the HAUMPH code for CFB today. I'm buying (mostly) into this list, except for what's being reprinted in modern masters for now: http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/modern-abzan-aggro-legless-walkers/. I've been playing Magic since Shards of Alara and I've never had a sanctioned format constructed deck before so this is a big step for me!

EDIT: here's the list I'm going for, sorry it's all out of order but I can't figure out how to get deckstats to re-order it by type permanently I finally figured it out

Deck: Fatty Robots

//Lands
4 Blooming Marsh
1 Forest
1 Gavony Township
1 Godless Shrine
2 Marsh Flats
2 Overgrown Tomb
1 Swamp
1 Temple Garden
1 Vault of the Archangel
4 Verdant Catacombs
2 Windswept Heath

//Spells
4 Dromoka's Command
3 Fatal Push
4 Hardened Scales
1 Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
4 Traverse the Ulvenwald

//Creatures
4 Arcbound Ravager
4 Arcbound Worker
2 Dark Confidant
4 Hangarback Walker
2 Scavenging Ooze
4 Walking Ballista
4 Winding Constrictor

//Sideboard
2 Anafenza, the Foremost
1 Fatal Push
2 Grafdigger's Cage
4 Lingering Souls
2 Spellskite
4 Thoughtseize

Display deck statistics

Lawnie fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 17, 2017

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive
$40 for mine. Each win gets you a MM17 booster, maybe more for going 3-0.

They're also doing MM17 2HG for $45.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

St0rmD posted:

Tomorrow my store is running drafts all day: $30 for drafts with prize payout in MM3 packs, $24 for drafts with prize payout in standard packs (not sure how many packs, but usually for fire at will drafts they do 8/4s)

http://www.coolstuffgames.com/event/modern-masters-2017-draft-special-2/?instance_id=563

And of course my wife is making me take the kid to Disney instead :suicide:

it's for the better, deadbeat dads usually forsake their kids to gently caress or get high, not playing a children's card game

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Maybe selling a pack crimped card as HP?

I opened one of the packs from my box in the car and promptly dropped it on the ground outside when I got home. I guess that's HP!

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

The only way I'm drafting this set is if a friend wants to do a draft with one of their boxes. I'm not buying any packs and I'm saving for singles and watching TCG player price drops over the next few weeks. Prices are already looking amazing for singles.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

it's for the better, deadbeat dads usually forsake their kids to gently caress or get high, not playing a children's card game
Some dads teach their kids to play Magic tho.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
People worried about their prior cards value going down don't really need to unless the card was an uncommon. After 6 months these cards are going to climb back up somewhere close to their original value. I think Snapcaster may even go higher than he was before.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

PJOmega posted:

That's remarkably stingy. Least they could do is 3 for 3-0, 2 for 2-0-1, and 1 for 2-1.

Really makes me wish WOTC would standardize FNM draft buy-in and minimum prizing. Every store having its own "unique" and arcane method is tiresome.

Prize support only matters to the players who are good, which is like 1/5th of them. You make the other 4/5 very happy if you keep the cost of entry low despite minimal prizing.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
Cracked my one obligatory pack from MM17 (since I buy and crack a pack from every set that comes out, just as a sort of tradition at this point).

Got a Simic Sky Swallower :suicide:

Tomorrow we're drafting a few boxes from the guys who bought such, so hopefully that should be fun.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Jenx posted:

Cracked my one obligatory pack from MM17 (since I buy and crack a pack from every set that comes out, just as a sort of tradition at this point).

Got a Simic Sky Swallower :suicide:

For as hype as I've been for all of these reprints this will probably be me when I go draft in a bit here. But I was unemployed when the last two Modern Masters were released and dammit I'm gonna draft one for once.

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

Siivola posted:

Some dads teach their kids to play Magic tho.

That's going to happen, but he's only 1 right now so I'm waiting till he's old enough to not eat my cards

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

DangerDongs posted:

People worried about their prior cards value going down don't really need to unless the card was an uncommon. After 6 months these cards are going to climb back up somewhere close to their original value. I think Snapcaster may even go higher than he was before.

This is totally going to depend in how big the print run is. If demand is sated and standard becomes playable prices could stay much lower well past 6 months.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

St0rmD posted:

That's going to happen, but he's only 1 right now so I'm waiting till he's old enough to not eat my cards

My daughter definitely ate part of a Sultai Emissary when she was not quite 1. I keep everything where she can't get to it so I have no idea how she got it. I guess that's just how kids work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

suicidesteve posted:

My daughter definitely ate part of a Sultai Emissary when she was not quite 1. I keep everything where she can't get to it so I have no idea how she got it. I guess that's just how kids work.

At least you got to manifest off it

• Locked thread