Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I closed the bar last night. I opened the bar at 7 this morning. Happy dumb holiday

I hope you enjoyed your...3 hours of sleep? Did you bother showering? I hope you make tons of money today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I used to eat Kix cereal. I loved that stuff.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

I don't eat breakfast anymore either but eating disorders are less funny when they're not jokes
I hope you are receiving help. Those are no joke.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

pubic works project posted:

I used to eat Kix cereal. I loved that stuff.
Kix does own doe

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I hope you are receiving help. Those are no joke.

I am, I'm up to a light meal a day with a moderately aggressive med regimen. Just tough to know if it'll ever be enough, yknow?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chorizo and eggs with rice and beans

All breakfast and any meal really should come with rice and beans

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I am, I'm up to a light meal a day with a moderately aggressive med regimen. Just tough to know if it'll ever be enough, yknow?

I hope everything works out and wish you the best.

I knew a girl well who had Anorexia growing up. It's some hosed up poo poo.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A Man and his dog posted:

I'm surprised most of you skip breakfast.

Like I thought most goons would:

Wake up, take hot relaxing shower, get stoned, eat awesome breakfast food, go do whatever with the day.....

Apparently not. :aaa:

I have a 100% sedentary desk job and I work from home, so I skip breakfast mostly out of laziness and a lack of a need for morning calories. Also some mornings I'm a little nauseated by food, especially sweet food, but I have stomach problems so that's probably not typical.

Breakfast is important if you're physically active during the day. Or if you need to gain weight.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Yeah definitely. Not with your problem personally but with my own health issues. I remind myself about patience all the time. It's a marathon that sometimes has a distant finish line, but you get there.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I want to second the notion from the N/V thread that the Oblongs was an underrated show

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
What are some things people with the flu crave, need to create a care package and I have never had it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The sweet release of death

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

The sweet release of death

Seriously, when you have the flu there isn't poo poo that'll make you feel better. Get them some pedialyte or something for dehydration, and maybe some crackers or soup?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Some people have the actual flu, and most people actually just have a bad cold.

The real flu: vomiting incessantly. Craving: just make the dry heaving stop, oh please god.

Most actual people with "the flu": severe cold symptoms. Craving: chicken soup good hot&sour soup, passive entertainment options, possibly hot compresses/vaporiser/etc., plenty of fluids and rest.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

What are some things people with the flu crave, need to create a care package and I have never had it

Caffeine pills, laxatives, couple packs of smokes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I have a severe head cold and I really just want to die.

You know what I miss? Breathing out of my nose.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
If someone brought you some Afrin would you be pleased?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Weed

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
A nice sheep skin blanket and rolls of toilet paper

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

A Man and his dog posted:

A nice sheep skin blanket and rolls of toilet paper

I love everything about this answer

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

If someone brought you some Afrin would you be pleased?

I think my sinuses are immune to afrin after having used it so much as a child with allergies

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Care package should be some drugs, chicken noodle soup, some kind of hot drink and a copy of the movie Commando or Running Man.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

a patagonian cavy posted:

but the Correct Choice is passion orange guava which I can't find where I am now)

I would love to find some POG juice around here. My wife got hooked on the stuff from Disney.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
A ton of orange juice, lysine pills, even more vitamin C.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Probably Magic posted:

A ton of orange juice, lysine pills, even more vitamin C.
Don't forget vitamin D

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Passion fruit juice is the poo poo.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Silly Burrito posted:

I would love to find some POG juice around here. My wife got hooked on the stuff from Disney.

I've only been able to find it in Seattle and it's mildly expensive as fruit juice goes, 6 bucks or so for a two quart carton but so loving worth it

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Silly Burrito posted:

I couldn't stop drinking the stuff when I was on Maui. I can't get it in Wisconsin and it loving sucks.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I begin Catholicism 101 tomorrow, anyone got any advice?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

swickles posted:

Don't call them polytheists, or do if you want them to be indignant

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

swickles posted:

Inform them that Jesus was clearly a gay man as is evidenced by his spending all his time to twelve dudes.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

swickles posted:

Quote Romans heavily if they start talking politics

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Make sure to examine them all for Kuru. I hear they eat people.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Quote Romans heavily if they start talking politics

That's gonna be hard, I literally only bought a bible a couple hours ago. I should probably take it out of its wrapping. So thanks for that part!

Also, they had the Brick Testament bible for only ten bucks more than the one I bought and it took every once of my being to not buy that one. If you don't know what it is, a guy recreated every passage of the bible with legos. This led to some hilarious scenes, especially in the section The Law. If you want an illustrated bible, check it out:

http://www.thebricktestament.com/

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

swickles posted:

Learn to like fish for Fridays in Lent.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

That's gonna be hard, I literally only bought a bible a couple hours ago. I should probably take it out of its wrapping. So thanks for that part!

Also, they had the Brick Testament bible for only ten bucks more than the one I bought and it took every once of my being to not buy that one. If you don't know what it is, a guy recreated every passage of the bible with legos. This led to some hilarious scenes, especially in the section The Law. If you want an illustrated bible, check it out:

http://www.thebricktestament.com/

:laffo: that's pretty great

I've been meaning to read the bible. I might actually pick up The Brick Testament.

Probably Magic posted:

Or you could just eat beaver! Which you should be doing weekly anyway. :wink:
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/thoughtful-animal/once-upon-a-time-the-catholic-church-decided-that-beavers-were-fish/

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 18, 2017

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Probably Magic posted:

My wife's Mexican catholic, so she's gone pescatarian for the entirety of Lent, 7 days a week. It's a slog, I like seafood and all but god drat this is too much. Thankfully I can still do whatever I want for meals we don't eat together, but dinner is getting pretty monotonous.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

As someone who went to catholic schools from kindergarten through high school... any Catholic congregation worth its salt is 90% Bill & Ted. Just be excellent to each other. Are you the person who always remembers to take beer to the party, will drive a friend 20 minutes out of your way to get them home safe and give someone one of your layers if they vomited all over what they were wearing? If so, congrats, you're a good person. If you want to go nuts, show up for the bake sales.

Also, go ahead and take the entire old testament and treat it like Original series Star Trek. You're not a thousand years old, so it's just a few cute stories that aren't all that consistent and treat women and minorities pretty weird. All you need are The first four books of the New Testament which are 4 consecutive reboots of the same story about a starship captain who's going to solve everyone's problems. Everything after those four is some Voyager rear end poo poo you can safely ignore too.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm just gonna turn left and go to this CARLS JR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

swickles posted:

smugly tip your fedora as you denounce all of them for believing in the Flying Spaghetti Monster :smugdog:

• Locked thread