Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Checked my N4I's Stupid Splurge Slush Fund and spent a few hours hitting up stores around town and discovered that Nintendo is really bad at taking my money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Checked my N4I's Stupid Splurge Slush Fund and spent a few hours hitting up stores around town and discovered that Nintendo is really bad at taking my money.

nooooooo just wait man

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I was looking for a Wii U :xd:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

I was looking for a Wii U :xd:

oh yeah you think that'd be easy at a gamestop from people turning them in towards switches.

edit: but after seeing pictures of used consoles having like roaches and worms in them along with other reasons I'd never buy a used console

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

cowboy elvis posted:

Playing PS3 games is oddly comforting. The graphics and controller are like a time machine to when I was way young and life was chill.

I had one at launch in 2006. That made me super popular in the dorms on Ramstein.

Same dude. I'm replaying Mass Effect 1 right now and it's bringing me back to when I was in Germany right after our Iraq deployment. All my buddies, the good beer and food, the fresh air of southern Germany. I bought ME1 right when it came out, we had like 2 months of leave and then a streak of like 2 more months after that where we did nothing at all, didn't even have to show up for work. I loving played ME1 nonstop for a week straight until I beat it. Then I got some weird bug that made me poo poo and puke continuously for a week that I found out 5 years later was probably TB that I caught in Iraq :buddy:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

If you aren't putting high explosive rounds in your shotgun and sniper rifle as soon as you can I just dunno what to tell you.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Two Finger posted:

If you aren't putting high explosive rounds in your shotgun and sniper rifle as soon as you can I just dunno what to tell you.

Already on it :sicknasty:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://twitter.com/i/moments/842841476291735552

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

thanks for the nightmares tonight

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Mike-o posted:

Already on it :sicknasty:

double points if you combine it with lift

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I've never played Binding of Isaac but looking at screenshots of the game I find it incredibly funny that the Switch apparently has framerate problems with a game that looks about as graphically complicated as Smash TV

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Two Finger posted:

The netcode is still p2p, which means massive lag rendering that round completely unplayable.
The enemies still have instakills, which everyone loved

So this on top of the gear packs and RNG cards leaving you hoping you unlock a character/class you want sounds like they didn't learn anything from ME3's multiplayer :cripes:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ya i'm pretty loving underwhelmed with it so far

that said, i am keeping in mind this is a trial only and there is every chance they are using it to gather data to patch issues

also sniper rifles seem to be far and away the strongest weapons which is a huge pain, i loved that in 3 there were many viable playstyles

i'll post my autistic screeching from the me3 thread

quote:

OK I think I've nailed down what my biggest issue with the game is.

Feedback. Or rather, the lack thereof.

ME3 had a clearly defined sound and reaction for basically everything. I'm sure I don't need to tell you what overload sounded like. Or any of the biotic sounds - they had a launch sound and a hit sound. Your control pad would vibrate like gently caress on receiving hits. The two halves closing in to become a circle was a great way of showing when your cooldown was over without being intrusive.
Having three lines showing chargeup is... it isn't the same.

If I'm not mistaken, your character might make a comment when coming under fire. But in Andromeda I just feel totally disconnected from the world. I'm under fire but I can't tell from where. My powers don't seem to have the big meaty impacts they did in 3. Melee is a short hop forward and a head bop, rather than the full head smash with associated grunting from 3. I can't explain it any better than this but honestly it just feels really, really disconnected where 3 you felt part of the action.

Also the Mattock doesn't ptink anymore.

i changed melee from Y to A as I mentioned. Now when an enemy grabs me, it tells me to mash Y to escape, but when I go to revive someone I have to press A. Which is weird as gently caress, because they were both previously on Y. Why would they shift only one of those two commands?

Another dude made a pretty valid comment

Digirat posted:

You're having that experience because they got the feel worse in a lot of ways, plain and simple.

When you heabutt someone in mass effect 3, there's a really loud and deep CRUNCH, the screen shakes all over the place, and they usually either forcefully recoil or they ragdoll and get sent hurtling away, so you feel like that headbutt had the force of a cannonball behind it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdbz-_rM6iQ

When you heabutt someone in mass effect andromeda, this happens.

https://giant.gfycat.com/MilkyMixedConch.webm

:geno:

I wonder if the guy referenced here is still working at bioware because it seems like no, just judging from this kind of thing.

also check out this wicked loving sick phantom kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdbz-_rM6iQ&t=170s

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Two Finger posted:

ya i'm pretty loving underwhelmed with it so far

that said, i am keeping in mind this is a trial only and there is every chance they are using it to gather data to patch issues

its a trial only insomuch as its a cheap and easy way to incentivize people to preorder. full release is in 4 days. i highly doubt theyre gonna be able to fix all the myriad issues it seems to have in such a short amount of time

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

its a trial only insomuch as its a cheap and easy way to incentivize people to preorder. full release is in 4 days. i highly doubt theyre gonna be able to fix all the myriad issues it seems to have in such a short amount of time

yup.

all you fuckers were right for laughing at me for preordering

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm glad that I canceled mine :) I'm sad that the game apparently blows :(

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I'm glad that I canceled mine :) I'm sad that the game apparently blows :(

like it's not BAD!!! bad

there are just so many bafflingly bad things in the game that ME3 itself didn't have that i'm just left wondering what the actual gently caress

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
OK I played more DA:I than I'm willing to admit. How does it compare to that?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I never played it. But it feels worse than mass effect 3. I'm going to keep playing because I preorder ed but I dunno if I'll put 300 hours into this like I did 3

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
made in the same engine, and i wanna say when inquisition came out, some bioware dude said it was the blueprint for the next me game. cant recall the animations being as terrible tho. i also told the wacky internet character to gently caress off as soon as she showed up, so that was nice

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
is there some reason you can't cancel your preorder, TF?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Stubbornness mostly

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Like no one wants thus game to be good more than me and I'm drat well going to get my money's worth

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Seriously though if you played me3 at all you know how frustrating phantoms could be that kill I posted is just ridic

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

is there some reason you can't cancel your preorder, TF?

he wants to see the supposed full nudity in this one

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah be the closest I ever get to seeing a woman naked

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

oh yeah you think that'd be easy at a gamestop from people turning them in towards switches.

edit: but after seeing pictures of used consoles having like roaches and worms in them along with other reasons I'd never buy a used console

Decided to check the other GameStop in town (why a city of like 30,000 needs multiple GameStops is beyond me) and someone had literally just traded their Wii U. Kismet.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Also lol:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It looks like a bad Fallout mod.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Decided to check the other GameStop in town (why a city of like 30,000 needs multiple GameStops is beyond me) and someone had literally just traded their Wii U. Kismet.

my town of like ehhh 45k had two and one of them shut down a few years back. It's the only gamestop I've ever seen go away it was weird

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
how much does a used WiiU go for?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I paid $230 for it? 32GB black. Got Windwaker HD and BOTW (obv).

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
friend of mine just bought a used wiiu with 4 controllers and some games for 300 shipped off ebay. i think they stopped making em sometime late last year tho, so theyre gonna get more scarce

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

I paid $230 for it? 32GB black. Got Windwaker HD and BOTW (obv).

Now buy Bayo2

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Playing GRW campaign again and some of Sandoval's recordings take on different meanings knowing what you know. The one I just listened to has him musing that something big would have to happen to get enough attention from the US to commit troops, hinting at his plot to bomb the embassy.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Wii-u prices are probably going to be all over the place. Now is probably the time to buy, as people offload for the switch. That said the production was fairly limited so some people will probably be price gouging and it'll slowly go up in price.

I'm guessing $150-200 for a used wii-u? I got mine bundled with a pro controller and games on ebay. Pro controller is a must.

Everyone should have one honestly if you like co-op. There's a huge backlog of great games and BoTW plays fine. Also check out the modding/homebrew community

Reverence posted:

Now buy Bayo2

*Buy the first edition bayo 2 that includes bayo 1. I got mine on eBay for $50. They should be around that price. For whatever reason only the first line of prints included bayo 1.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Two Finger posted:

big crunchy melee and headbutts

holy gently caress that headbutt in Andromeda looks like a little smooch animation, what the hell

PUCKER UP

Also yeah the footage I watched had really bad audio. I figured it was just youtube compression cause I'm used to big meaty sounds from your biotic powers popping off but nah, it's just... what it is. drat :(

At least Nier is awesome even though I have no god drat idea what is going on :haw:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Any ideas what the sp in andromeda is like tho? I just wanna safari around and shoot stuff and take advantage of my shipmates (because of the implication)

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Breath of the Wild is pretty rad but uh I need to go get a pro controller :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Breath of the Wild is pretty rad but uh I need to go get a pro controller :catstare:

yeah thats a def must buy for sure

was the wii u starfox good? i mean "good enough". i love rail shooters and starfox holds a special place there with the super fx snes days