Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

TBeats posted:

saying a football player looks sloppy and out of shape doesn't seem like body shaming to me considering they are paid to not be sloppy and out of shape.

and the dr seuss rhyme doesnt seem like a big deal either.

It popped into my head, and after mulling on it for awhile, I'm pretty sure it came from hit Will Ferrell show "The Oblongs".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That was a really underrated show.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anals of History posted:

It's loving March. If he looks sloppy and out of shape three months from now, maybe then it'll be time to worry. I'm inclined to give the player the benefit of the doubt given that I have no idea what kind of injuries he took during the season that might still be healing and that he and his trainer know his body better than I do.
You're obviously not a beat writer for the Jets.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Someone call a doctor there's a cantaloupe stuck in his neck!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Caf posted:

The guys in the NBA who have a +9 ape index probably have a few inches on him in height too so their ratio ends up lower. +9 on a dude who is only 6'4" is unreal.

Not cool, bro. I know it's Saint Patrick's Day, but we don't say that poo poo in public anymore.

TBeats posted:

saying a football player looks sloppy and out of shape doesn't seem like body shaming to me considering they are paid to not be sloppy and out of shape.

and the dr seuss rhyme doesnt seem like a big deal either.

What matters is that he's clearly wrong.

Also, come to the TFF Chat thread. We already decided that bodyshaming is good and being fat is equivalent to being intellectually lazy.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/842779788070797312

this won't work

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Why not? Rex is hugely entertaining.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
They should have him do a segment where he breaks down quarterback footwork

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

Why not? Rex is hugely entertaining.

Seriously, he's a funny guy who always had good press conferences.

His coaching left something to be desired, but I'd way rather watch one of his press conferences then just about anyone else's. He'll be a fine talking head for all the normal blather they do.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Anals of History posted:

I'm inclined to give the player the benefit of the doubt given that...he and his trainer know his body better than I do.

The Arian Foster Effect

Caf
May 21, 2004

I'm King James! The Lion King!

Chichevache posted:

Not cool, bro. I know it's Saint Patrick's Day, but we don't say that poo poo in public anymore.

I'm not really familiar with the characters in this thread so I can't tell if you're joking or not but that's actually the name of the wingspan vs height measurement.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
lmao

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

English is a great language in that you can find ways to convey just about anything without alienating people.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

The Superbowl pregame was getting his foot in the door I guess

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Intruder posted:

The Superbowl pregame was getting his foot in the door I guess

Yeah, just dipping his toe in the water.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Rex Ryan has a foot fetish

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Hell yeah

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tattoo artist testified today

quote:

Prosecutors say a tattoo of a revolver with 5 bullets on Hernandez's arm is a confession to the slaying of two men at a Boston stoplight in 2012 after one of them bumped into him at a club, spilling his drink...Prosecutors say the tattoo of an empty cartridge is key, commemorating how many shots it took to kill de Abreu and Furtado.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chris James 2 posted:

I often wonder how many lives Tebow saved when he was assigned to keep Hernandez out of trouble in Gainesville

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

I often wonder how many lives Tebow saved when he was assigned to keep Hernandez out of trouble in Gainesville

It's his first miracle required for Sainthood. Beating the Steelers was the second. St. Tebow will be a real thing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

I mean if it isn't more than 3 it didn't work out.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

swickles posted:

It's his first miracle required for Sainthood. Beating the Steelers was the second. St. Tebow will be a real thing.

His next act is to hit for the cycle.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

de Abreu and Furtado.

Where the gently caress was he killing people? Fair Verona?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Diqnol posted:

English is a great language in that you can find ways to convey just about anything without alienating people.

Or with, if that's your thing.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Tebow's 3rd miracle will be finding another year of eligibility and saving Florida from their QB crisis

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

de Abreu and Furtado.

Did lol

Also he must be a good shot, killin 2 dudes with one bullet.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

de Abreu and Furtado.

You may not know this out in Myrtle Beach, but in Florida and the West Coast we have this thing called "latinos". You may have heard the president talking about them.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Anals of History posted:

It's loving March. If he looks sloppy and out of shape three months from now, maybe then it'll be time to worry. I'm inclined to give the player the benefit of the doubt given that I have no idea what kind of injuries he took during the season that might still be healing and that he and his trainer know his body better than I do.

If he looked sloppy and out of shape in March then it makes sense to say that he looks sloppy and out of shape in March if he indeed looks sloppy and out of shape in March.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chichevache posted:

You may not know this out in Myrtle Beach, but in Florida and the West Coast we have this thing called "latinos". You may have heard the president talking about them.

I... think? he was making a Shakespeare joke

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

I... think? he was making a Shakespeare joke

He was.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/mikeclaynfl/status/842941992854323200

That would be kinda dumb since they have Yeldon and spent money on Ivory...

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

pubic works project posted:

Yeah, because when you have superstar players like Yeldon and Ivory, how can you really improve the position. :v:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Sataere posted:

Yeah, because when you have superstar players like Yeldon and Ivory, how can you really improve the position. :v:

Lmao yeah I know, but I wouldn't spend the #4 back on a RB. Maybe a 3rd rounder.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

It doesnt matter who the RB is because the OLine is absolute trash. Probably the second worst behind the Seahawks, or at a minimum bottom 5. Yeldon has shown some flashes but has mostly been mediocre, and he gets injured often. I like Ivory but I think his style works better when he has a functional OL.

If the Jaguars draft Fournette (or any RB) at 4 I'm rooting for the Raiders in 2017.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lmao never change jags

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why do you keep hurting me, Jags? :negative:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

It doesnt matter who the RB is because the OLine is absolute trash. Probably the second worst behind the Seahawks, or at a minimum bottom 5. Yeldon has shown some flashes but has mostly been mediocre, and he gets injured often. I like Ivory but I think his style works better when he has a functional OL.

If the Jaguars draft Fournette (or any RB) at 4 I'm rooting for the Raiders in 2017.

But there isn't an offensive lineman worth a top five pick. Fournette arguably is. You already have a lot invested in your defense and receiving corp, so there is a logic to grabbing him.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sataere posted:

But there isn't an offensive lineman worth a top five pick. Fournette arguably is. You already have a lot invested in your defense and receiving corp, so there is a logic to grabbing him.
I agree with your first sentence. I think there are better players to draft at 4 though. I really like Solomon Thomas and an argument could be made for other players that will be available at that spot.

I'm pretty sure Fowler is a bust, so a DE wouldnt be a bad pick. A trade back, even a few spots, to be in a more appropriate position to take a lineman would be nice, too.

I'm not saying I know what they SHOULD do, but I have a strong opinion on what they should NOT do (which is draft a Running Back at 4).

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Did lol

Also he must be a good shot, killin 2 dudes with one bullet.

That's 2 bullets idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Guy that makes.shakespeare joke doesn't know poo poo about guns

• Locked thread