Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Peewi posted:

Izaro 3 killed me like 5 times in cruel lab. I should probably get some gear that's not completely terrible before trying merciless lab.

I should probably also get some levels and grab the 8 energy shield nodes I've skipped.

If you haven't already, familiarize yourself with Izaro's various mechanics:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Izaro

Every day he has two rotating mechanics and understanding the mechanics and what to do to counter them can make Uber Izaro a whole lot easier. You can power through them to get extra treasure keys or you can click/destroy something specific to drastically weaken him. When you're going for your ascendancy points you might as well click/destroy whatever you need to so the fight is easier.

You can check what bonuses he has the current day at http://www.poelab.com/ which I've heard is popup hell for mobile devices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Peewi posted:

Izaro 3 killed me like 5 times in cruel lab. I should probably get some gear that's not completely terrible before trying merciless lab.

I should probably also get some levels and grab the 8 energy shield nodes I've skipped.

Getting the defensive nodes first is always smart in Cruel especially. For whatever reason I always find Cruel to be way tougher than Merciless, even ignoring act 4 (which you basically skip on Merciless for ages).

Of course, I leveled my legacy character with most of their points in plain +Int nodes so...Cruel was a bit rougher than average. I even waited to do Normal lab until I finished up Cruel and Cruel lab until I finished Merciless. Usually I just run them after Malachai on their respective difficulties.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Insurrectionist posted:

Getting the defensive nodes first is always smart in Cruel especially. For whatever reason I always find Cruel to be way tougher than Merciless, even ignoring act 4 (which you basically skip on Merciless for ages).

Of course, I leveled my legacy character with most of their points in plain +Int nodes so...Cruel was a bit rougher than average. I even waited to do Normal lab until I finished up Cruel and Cruel lab until I finished Merciless. Usually I just run them after Malachai on their respective difficulties.

Yeah, I went up to act 4 merciless before even attempting cruel labyrinth. Breezed through the whole thing and got murdered in the last fight several times.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
For my next character I really want to do something with poison. Probably life based so I can use a Cospris. Maybe double Scourge? I don't know. I want to get in on that delicious double dipping poison one more time before they break everything for 3.0.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
GGG must be hand-delivering my guild invite unless their system really does take 4+ days to send them out. I do seem to remember it taking a few hours a long time ago.

I know it was mentioned a couple days ago but I have the hardest time finding maps, are you expected to have to buy them or grind forever just to find them so you can grind? Every dropped map I've found has been tier 1, I've just been combining them to get up to tier 4 but that makes me run out really quickly.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

Vasudus posted:

For my next character I really want to do something with poison. Probably life based so I can use a Cospris. Maybe double Scourge? I don't know. I want to get in on that delicious double dipping poison one more time before they break everything for 3.0.

I'm doing a Blade Vortex Berserker with Cospri's and dual Obliterations. Great clear speed, although I'm starting to feel pretty squishy at high-tier maps.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you should have no trouble sustaining low tier maps

are you doing them as magic so you get the completion bonus?

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Awesome! posted:

you should have no trouble sustaining low tier maps

are you doing them as magic so you get the completion bonus?

Yeah, I usually get 1 and rarely 2 drop while running one but sometimes nothing which hurts when I get a couple of those in a row. Just after I posted that I found a cartographer box which gave me 7 tier 1s, maybe that'll last me a while.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I'm glad this game keeps growing.

Best $35 I've ever put into a video game by a longshot, and that's only cuz I didn't want to wait for open beta and wanted currency tabs.

That it's entirely free to play is pretty astounding given the amount of content.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there must be something wrong. i didnt think it was possible to get fewer t1-5s than you can use

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol which one of you just asked mathil if he reads this thread

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
mathil is totes a goon, i saw it on his chrome hot bar

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

he said he took it off his bar and bookmarks. dead gay forum confirmed

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
mathil confirmed smarter than any of us

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Ranger got more weapon elemental nodes and molten strike got a new threshold jewel, so I wanted to try and do something guardian/shaper viable with that. Cooked up a pretty solid raider using oro's sacrifice and kaom's heart that looks like this.

Handles guardians and everything leading up to them pretty well, but she doesn't quite have the juice to kill shaper. I tried this RT version and also one spanning up through templar for EO. Tried throwing in an emberwake and chance to ignite. All versions used a malachai's artifice. No dice. Just can't squeeze enough dps out. Phase 1 and 2 are possible though a struggle, phase 3 takes too long.

Also, even with the two threshold jewels molten strike is at best a passable pack clearing skill. 7 full damage projectiles does do pretty crazy damage to single targets if they're big or stuck up against a wall though.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Ultima66 posted:

I looked up Izaro on poedb because a question came up in Discord about whether he's stun immune. Apparently Izaro is MC Hammer????

There's a discord channel? TIL

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Yeah there's a link in the OP for it, if you didn't find that already.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Can I get a guild invite if there is room, name StinkyBritchs
Thanks

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Xenochrist posted:

Can I get a guild invite if there is room, name StinkyBritchs
Thanks

The guild has been maxed out for a while now and no one is even close to the 2 weeks of offline time purge rule that was implemented. I talked to skyblazer about this and I think he may change to a 1 week purge.

Sorry.

Pretty crazy since the guilds been around since the beginning, and for many leagues there would only be maybe 10-20 goons on during peak hours, plus another 50 or so even playing the game! Makes sense though, they just keep making the game better and better.

Eventually, we'll probably need some other guilds, and a super top secret global chat channel to all hang out in.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

10bux posted:

The guild has been maxed out for a while now and no one is even close to the 2 weeks of offline time purge rule that was implemented. I talked to skyblazer about this and I think he may change to a 1 week purge.

Sorry.

Pretty crazy since the guilds been around since the beginning, and for many leagues there would only be maybe 10-20 goons on during peak hours, plus another 50 or so even playing the game! Makes sense though, they just keep making the game better and better.

Eventually, we'll probably need some other guilds, and a super top secret global chat channel to all hang out in.

It's cool I'll just take keep flyin solo then :tipshat:

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

Realmender looks pretty good for it, additional levels are pretty huge for Frostbolt. One problem I'm running in to is that there are no good damage auras to run on this build, Anger has minimal effect and heralds do nothing. I think my solution here would be to run two Rigwald's Crest rings (30% cold + fire damage) and make up for the missing resist on rings by running Purity of Elements - it'd still be lower overall but should still be manageable to hit resist cap with helm/chest/gloves/boots/belt (Merc resists are 18/3/-25 with none on rare gear). But then I have rings without crit which sucks. It's at ~300k DPS with the 2 Rigwalds and Realmender.

I just went Blood Magic.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Well the "rogue exiles drop mirrored items" leaguestone paid off:

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
I heard HOWAs got 3d art this league but I didn't know they were the bossest poo poo in the game:

drat I wish I could skin transfer that on to any weapon type.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

YoungSexualNorton posted:

Ranger got more weapon elemental nodes and molten strike got a new threshold jewel, so I wanted to try and do something guardian/shaper viable with that. Cooked up a pretty solid raider using oro's sacrifice and kaom's heart that looks like this.

Handles guardians and everything leading up to them pretty well, but she doesn't quite have the juice to kill shaper. I tried this RT version and also one spanning up through templar for EO. Tried throwing in an emberwake and chance to ignite. All versions used a malachai's artifice. No dice. Just can't squeeze enough dps out. Phase 1 and 2 are possible though a struggle, phase 3 takes too long.

Also, even with the two threshold jewels molten strike is at best a passable pack clearing skill. 7 full damage projectiles does do pretty crazy damage to single targets if they're big or stuck up against a wall though.

I've been wondering if molten strike might be decent combined with 2 wildfires and a fire burst weapon. Do you think that might help with clearspeed?

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Welp

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

:sax:

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Worth it for the IIQ lol.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
Is there a league/season thing going on right now? I'm looking at giving this game another go (tried a few years ago and was overwhelmed at first sight) and would like to start out fresh on a new season.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mikemo Tyson posted:

Is there a league/season thing going on right now? I'm looking at giving this game another go (tried a few years ago and was overwhelmed at first sight) and would like to start out fresh on a new season.
Yeah, Legacy league is on right now, and began 15 days ago.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Mikemo Tyson posted:

Just gonna toss this in here because I hadn't played in like a year(for a month, then another year prior). It's not even a fair comparison, the game feels incomparably better.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Qwertycoatl posted:

Well the "rogue exiles drop mirrored items" leaguestone paid off:

This is pretty awesome. :)
I hope to find one this league as well, damnit.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

Just gonna toss this in here because I hadn't played in like a year(for a month, then another year prior). It's not even a fair comparison, the game feels incomparably better.

This is not an empty quote

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Acht posted:

This is pretty awesome. :)
I hope to find one this league as well, damnit.

It's the only ones I've found. One to experience the disappointment of getting a bad unique, the other to sell.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I found my first key after 2 days playtime and my second 12 hours later, obviously YMMV but that's pretty close to Exalt droprates for me (though I haven't seen more than one Exalt this league specifically).

And yeah I also opened my first for a garbage unique and sold the other.

E: Unrelated and I won't speculate on the why or if it's even a new thing rather than just my experience, but poe.trade has been absolutely garbage this league compared to Prophecy/Essence. Every time I want to buy something or trade currency I have to message a dozen people before anyone replies, even when I'm not messaging obvious price-manipulators. Items seem to stay up way longer so if I toss a map in 2c tab and it's 'technically' worth 2.5 or whatever (who ever bothers trading in increments of less than one C???) I will get constant whispers for 20 minutes after it sells. It's made trading way more of a chore imo.

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Mar 18, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sextants are fun!

Returns are more fun!

Ended up with 7xShaped shore, 1xShaped Strand, 1xShaped Mesa in total from that one map lmao

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Awesome! posted:

lol which one of you just asked mathil if he reads this thread

I only asked because he mentioned he read how much mail order brides cost on a somethingawful thread :classiclol:

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.

Lungboy posted:

I've been wondering if molten strike might be decent combined with 2 wildfires and a fire burst weapon. Do you think that might help with clearspeed?

My understanding is that fire burst has a .5s cooldown, so the huge number of hits that molten strike generates would be overkill. Unless that has changed I think you'd lose out on direct damage from a probably bad dps weapon and not nearly gain it back on the bursts. The only MS character I've had with really good pack clearing speed was a gladiator, and those bleed explosions make pretty much any skill a room sweeper.

Wildfire definitely has potential though. It takes the skill from pretty bad to decent for dealing with groups and makes it an even better boss killer. I'm sure there is some double dipping poison build that can use 50 hits a second to do some crazy stuff, I just wanted to see if the endgame content could be tackled by something a bit more off the beaten path.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm looking for some help on my PizzaSticks inquisitor build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscr...O988h33pvnd-tI=

How can I link my equipment loadout? I think I need more cast speed but I'm not sure what to replace.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
You can link us to your profile and tell us your character name. For a template, mine is https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/soothingvapors

Before you give us the link, go into privacy settings and make sure your characters are public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/BitterAvatar/characters

I could actually use some advice on my pizza sticks guy (BitterBlastOff) too. My cast speed is over 117% with golems, so should I be focusing on life still?

• Locked thread