Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

starkebn posted:

Well, we all know that what's important in a spaceship game is hanging out in the mess hall watching NPC animations

quote:

Usables have also been a large focus, and now system designers can have both the player and the AI interacting with the same usable, and intelligently be able to use objects inside of that usable. For example, sitting down at a table, picking up a cup, drinking from it, using a knife and fork, picking a grenade from a locker, etc. They in addition worked on getting all of the SQ42 character subsumption behaviors standardized across the board and using the same fixed template for conversations and 24 hour life cycle behaviors.

I can't wait to use my knife and fork to fight over the last piece of chicken with NPCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wuxi posted:

Falcon 3.0 was a pretty good game in its day, agreed

Would you say it lacks in fidelity?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

starkebn posted:

Well, we all know that what's important in a spaceship game is hanging out in the mess hall watching NPC animations

This mess hall scenario is another example of Crobberts lack of vision and imagination by stealing yet another trope from the mess hall scene in Aliens 2. My bet is that he wan't to re-create that kind of inner circle warrior bond that the Marines had vs the newbie folk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgNsTOc_MIo

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

DapperDon posted:

All kidding aside, I am considering setting up a Goon victory celebration once the Towers of Crobberts falls. I am thinking something in the Keys with an open bar and some fishing charters and an effigy of Chris Roberts that we can drag around with us Weekend at Bernies style . Derek can be the guest of honor and take the first swing at it when we hang it like a pinata and live stream the whole loving thing.

I'll book my flights now

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

AP posted:

I'm going to miss this thread, it's been fun for years.

drat, I got so sad, I went out and bought two spaceships. Keep the dream alive!!!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Duke Airhiker: "Pusher, have you ever been mistaken for a man?"

Pusher: "No, *blink* *blink* *blink* *blink* *blink* *blink* *blink* *blink* have you?"

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Please thread don't leave me. You suck my ghost wandering internet time for more than a year.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Zzr posted:

Please thread don't leave me. You suck my ghost wandering internet time for more than a year.

You're the strangest poster in this thread, and that's saying something. I'm not sure if English is your second language, you're just weird, or a combination of both.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
ghost wandering internet time is my Indian name

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheAgent posted:

Which goon is posting using this account right now?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

TheAgent posted:

Can I suck you?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

XK posted:

You're the strangest poster in this thread, and that's saying something. I'm not sure if English is your second language, you're just weird, or a combination of both.

It is my 3rd after french and italian. For my previous post I had to google translate "wandering" to confirm what it meant, confirm that "suck" conjugation didn't take a s, and now that I read it again it seems that i'd have to replace "for" for "since".

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/842720325288779780
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/843063922114682881

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

Can someone get FAU to change his username to this?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Daztek posted:

Which goon is posting using this account right now?

:perfect:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Zzr posted:

It is my 3rd after french and italian. For my previous post I had to google translate "wandering" to confirm what it meant, confirm that "suck" conjugation didn't take a s, and now that I read it again it seems that i'd have to replace "for" for "since".

Well, keep at it, you're getting there.

Edit: Explain the "ghost" part.

More edit: "for more than a year" is fine, it's the "suck" that is weird, and "ghost wandering internet time" that is weird. Maybe, instead of "You suck my ghost wandering internet time for more than a year.", you could say "I spent my free internet time for more than a year on this thread."

XK fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 18, 2017

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen: Sucked by wandering internet time ghosts

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

XK posted:

Well, keep at it, you're getting there.

Edit: Explain the "ghost" part.

More edit: "for more than a year" is fine, it's the "suck" that is weird, and "ghost wandering internet time" that is weird. Maybe, instead of "You suck my ghost wandering internet time for more than a year.", you could say "I spent my free internet time for more than a year on this thread."

But the ghost image is the only thing that make this post worth its existence, and it seems you understood it. The suck is a litteral slang translation and probably incorrect, I should have googled it.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Zzr posted:

But the ghost image is the only thing that make this post worth its existence, and it seems you understood it. The suck is a litteral slang translation and probably incorrect, I should have googled it.

I kind of understood it by imagining putting it through a reverse Google translate. In reality, it read weird as gently caress, like someone was using their mouth to apply suction to a disembodied spirit, and that spirit was traveling around the internet on some kind of time schedule.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

TheAgent posted:

Star Citizen: Sucked by wandering internet time ghosts

Pounded in the Idris by my wandering Internet time ghost.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Zzr posted:

So you're german?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I hope these guys get all distracted by space basketball. As long as 3.0 has basketball, everything is A-OK. There you go CIG, spend all your development time on basketball, it'll be the next stop-gap, like Star Marine. What'd you say? Sataball? That was always meant to be basketball. It's in 3.0.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

XK posted:

I kind of understood it by imagining putting it through a reverse Google translate. In reality, it read weird as gently caress, like someone was using their mouth to apply suction to a disembodied spirit, and that spirit was traveling around the internet on some kind of time schedule.

Is it understandable as : You sucked out all my ghost wandering internet time for more than a year ?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Zzr posted:

Is it understandable as : You sucked out all my ghost wandering internet time for more than a year ?

lol

What the gently caress is ghost wandering? Do you just mean free time you spend on the internet? Not even getting into the "suck" thing.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Please make "ghost wandering internet time" the thread title.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

XK posted:

lol

What the gently caress is ghost wandering? Do you just mean free time you spend on the internet? Not even getting into the "suck" thing.

Bah I guess it's just a lovely image underserved by bad grammar and translation.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

I'll suck your ghost time for more than a year, internet wanderer.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Stay safe, wandering internet time-ghost.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Zzr posted:

Bah I guess it's just a lovely image underserved by bad grammar and translation.

I'm guessing the word you wanted was "haunting" instead of "ghost wandering". I.e., you wasted time haunting this thread. Like me. Right now.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Zzr posted:

No, it's weird as gently caress. Maybe "ghost wandering time" works in some other language but not in English. D'you mean the thread compelled you to haunt it like a ghost? You could write that though it would still sound weird

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

necroid posted:

lol did they really do this? I haven't been watching the latest seasons

That episode aired in like 1998.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

Would you say it lacks in fidelity?

Fidelity is the foundation upon which our civilisation stands

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

That episode aired in like 1998.

And here's the clip:
http://southpark.cc.com/clips/151546/pat-robinson

Send your money now, Amen.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Tax from easier times

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I'm laughing so hard at sucking out ghost wandering internet time that I'm crying. Thanks Zzr, laughter is good for the soul. You're better at English than I would be at any other language, congrats to you for learning other languages. Don't feel bad, that mangling is just exquisite.

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
I have gathered evidence that the Agent is an account of a friend of Derek smart called trish lau. Ill post it on r/ds soon if you wont come clean.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Yes haunting feels a better word, lurking would be better too. I called "ghost wandering internet time" the time you spend on the internet doing nothing clearly, just clicking through the sites you usually watch at those times.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

crisp roberts posted:

I have gathered evidence that the Agent is an account of a friend of Derek smart called trish lau. Ill post it on r/ds soon if you wont come clean.
I'm actually an internet time ghost, please don't doxx me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Zzr posted:

Yes haunting feels a better word, lurking would be better too. I called "ghost wandering internet time" the time you spend on the internet doing nothing clearly, just clicking through the sites you usually watch at those times.

Just call it "free time", or "free time on the internet". And don't use "sucking", go for "using", or "using up", or "spending". "Haunting", although technically accurate, would still be an awkward word choice, even though its direct translation is what you likely meant with "ghost wandering".