Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Sockmafia posted:

Collect or Die ($2.99)
Drawtopia Premium ($2.99)
and
Survival Time Full($1.16)

are free on the Google Play store at the moment.

Yeah, but are they any good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Deakul posted:

Dang, that's a good fuckin bundle for the most part.

What's worth the money in that list

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015

Kiranamos posted:

Yeah, but are they any good.

After going through them I think Collect or Die is probably the only one worth checking out - if you like platformers.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal
I never check Amazon Underground because they don't seem to have much to offer, but they have KOTOR, and a few Square Enix GO games for free right now. And those dumb Goat Sim games.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Still recommending this. I've unlocked a good number of ships and it really changes the game and gives you more options on how to approach things.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

The Duggler posted:

Still recommending this. I've unlocked a good number of ships and it really changes the game and gives you more options on how to approach things.

A word of warning: once you've got the capital ship the remaining ships (except the collectible ones) are a little crappy.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Zarlog posted:

I never check Amazon Underground because they don't seem to have much to offer, but they have KOTOR, and a few Square Enix GO games for free right now. And those dumb Goat Sim games.

Goat Simulator isn't dumb. Goat Sim is a Tony Hawk clone, only you don't have a skateboard and you are a goat.

edit: probably not a great smartphone game, though.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Is Guild of Dungeoneering playable on something like a 6p or would it be basically more suited for tablet gameplay? In the same line has anyone tried the Worms 4 game on non-tablet and can say a few words how it handles? That bundle looks great just deciding if I want to go for the highest level unlock since I only have a (albeit fairly large) phone and no tablet.

Both games I mentioned have been reviewed pretty positively, as far as other games in the bundle I've heard very good things about Age of Civilizations and both Kingdom Rush games are good if you haven't played them before

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Scorps posted:

Is Guild of Dungeoneering playable on something like a 6p or would it be basically more suited for tablet gameplay?

I've played it a lot on my note 5 which I i imagine is a similar size and it works really well. Definitely suited for playing on a phone imo and a great game.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Sockmafia posted:

Collect or Die ($2.99)
Drawtopia Premium ($2.99)
and
Survival Time Full($1.16)

are free on the Google Play store at the moment.

Are they any good?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Aethernet posted:

A word of warning: once you've got the capital ship the remaining ships (except the collectible ones) are a little crappy.

I just unlocked the cruiser ship so I still have a bit more to go. There is definitely​ a hierarchy of ships from what I've seen so far though

I don't mind the game having a logical ending point, it's a fun ride

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Lowen SoDium posted:

Goat Simulator isn't dumb. Goat Sim is a Tony Hawk clone, only you don't have a skateboard and you are a goat.

edit: probably not a great smartphone game, though.

I do enjoy them from time to time. I think I've played the mmo version more than the others. The unlockable goats are the dumbest things ever :D

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
An expansion pack for The Quest called Isles of Ice and Fire is out. Adds a bunch of new content and crossbows, and can be played as a standalone game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.redshift.thequestexp1

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!
Bit City, the city clicker game, is out of beta. I've never been into clickers, but I'm strangely drawn in to this one. Probably because I'm a sucker for little moving city parts. We'll see how long that fascination lasts...

Note: it's a clicker disguised as a Simcity builder. Don't go in expecting an actual city builder in any real sense.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nimblebit.bitcity

Sorry if someone else mentioned this and I missed it. Last I saw in here it was a closed beta going on.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Crash of Cars is a new online arena car combat game that looks like it might be fun.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

does this game even have deers

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Yes, and you can find them in this video, just look carefully: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkErUvyVlhA
It's a new setting, I think.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Because I guess the game isn't hard enough, Capcom has released a mobile port of Ghosts 'n Goblins, following a port of 1942 last week. Like their Mega Man ports apparently these are based on previously released Java dumb phone versions of the games.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

MDickie's "new, I think" game is a survival sim, or more accurately a "get murdered by everything immediately" sim. I didn't realize he had any games o android. He has several. In School Days, his high school simulation, upon the teacher introducing me to the class, I suplexed her, and crashed a motorcycle into the principal. This is a good game.

Wrecked (survival)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.Wrecked

School Days
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.SchoolPublic

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Zarlog posted:

MDickie's "new, I think" game is a survival sim, or more accurately a "get murdered by everything immediately" sim. I didn't realize he had any games o android. He has several. In School Days, his high school simulation, upon the teacher introducing me to the class, I suplexed her, and crashed a motorcycle into the principal. This is a good game.

Wrecked (survival)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.Wrecked

School Days
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.SchoolPublic

He had a 3D survival game with the same premise.
School Days is basically a reskinned prison simulator of his.
Even visionaries like MDickie just churn out sequels and remakes nowadays, I guess.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Soak your phone in deer urine and find out, friend.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Been having fun with "my colony" start on Mars

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
In Guild of Dungeoneers one of the tips says to use a smaller deck... but I can't figure out how to remove cards..?

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

coyo7e posted:

In Guild of Dungeoneers one of the tips says to use a smaller deck... but I can't figure out how to remove cards..?

You don't. More like you don't add cards with the "draw" cards. Very counterintuitively stated.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
thanks that's what I thought but it was worded so very very opposite of that.

The game gets kind of weirdly tough if you lose your first one or two guys and end up with no level 1 dungeons left to explore. :(

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
You CAN remove some cards from your deck. You can use favor to "burn" your class starting cards. I think that is it though.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The Crescent Moon published games Exiles, 2bit Cowboy and Shadow Blade sre free for the next few days.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Are any of those worth picking up?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Shadow Blade is decent but I haven't played the others.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

All three of these games really benefit from having a controller. If you don't have one, don't bother. If you do, the ninja game seems like the best of the bunch.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Any tips for Bit City? It's just different enough from Egg Inc.

Besides not playing that genre.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The Android version of Super Mario Run is coming out on the 23rd.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

mrkillboy posted:

The Crescent Moon published games Exiles, 2bit Cowboy and Shadow Blade sre free for the next few days.

2bit Cowboy controls really well on my tablet, (no controller) but the game needs to keep track of your stage completion percentage or something because otherwise I'm not feeling much of a draw.

Exile feels like it really needs a controller or at least the aiming drift disabled because I can't make all the small adjustments I'd like to when aiming. Are the limited ammo refills and vehicle fuel part of a "pay to continue playing" scheme? I haven't gotten very far into the game but it very much feels that way. Otherwise so far it seems pretty fun.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Any tips for Bit City? It's just different enough from Egg Inc.

Besides not playing that genre.

* Large coin bonus frequency upgrades are good bux investments for two reasons - 10x cash bonuses more often, and also more 10x bux bonuses which is great when applied to planes and boats for 50 and 100 bux each respectively.

* There are two main ways to exploit the RCI percentages. The first is to realize that while you take a hit for overdeveloping one of the three types, if your percentages add up right it doesn't matter that you, say, zoned all your large lots as service and the rest as residential and business to even things out and just happen to get more money that way from the large lot bonus' interaction with your service bonuses. The second is to realize that you can earn more money by overdeveloping a weak zone and making your other two zones produce more as a result. Put both together and you'll earn more money making all your large lots service buildings and balancing around 40% business/30% residential/30% service total or so than you would trying to have an equal number of every type of zone in large and small lots, presuming you already have a basic idea of what's going to be available research-wise for your current city. Service and residential zones are generally the safest bets for zones you want to be in high demand and using large lots, though.

* Other good bux investments: time the bank collects money, soul egg key percentage increase, lot price decrease, construction time decrease, ad doubler time increase.

* If you cannot ignore the pull of the spinning piggy bank and reminders that you have a ton of bux waiting for collection completely, remind yourself if you pull the trigger before you have 25k bux in there that you're not even getting $20 of value.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Mar 18, 2017

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Freaking finally

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

* Large coin bonus frequency upgrades are good bux investments for two reasons - 10x cash bonuses more often, and also more 10x bux bonuses which is great when applied to planes and boats for 50 and 100 bux each respectively.

* There are two main ways to exploit the RCI percentages. The first is to realize that while you take a hit for overdeveloping one of the three types, if your percentages add up right it doesn't matter that you, say, zoned all your large lots as service and the rest as residential and business to even things out and just happen to get more money that way from the large lot bonus' interaction with your service bonuses. The second is to realize that you can earn more money by overdeveloping a weak zone and making your other two zones produce more as a result. Put both together and you'll earn more money making all your large lots service buildings and balancing around 40% business/30% residential/30% service total or so than you would trying to have an equal number of every type of zone in large and small lots, presuming you already have a basic idea of what's going to be available research-wise for your current city. Service and residential zones are generally the safest bets for zones you want to be in high demand and using large lots, though.

* Other good bux investments: time the bank collects money, soul egg key percentage increase, lot price decrease, construction time decrease, ad doubler time increase.

* If you cannot ignore the pull of the spinning piggy bank and reminders that you have a ton of bux waiting for collection completely, remind yourself if you pull the trigger before you have 25k bux in there that you're not even getting $20 of value.

Cool, thanks. What happens if I build too many business/service lots and​ don't have enough space for residential to get the population I need for the next city?

Edit: Well I accidentally build service instead of residential in the last spot so it turns out that every square gives you pop I guess.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 18, 2017

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

I played SIM and the ending let me pretty underwhelmed. The cult guy or w/e made me choose who to kill and I decided I wouldn't make a choice. The phone or IRIS chose to kill Faith and then basically told me how disappointed it was in me for hesitating. The cult guy said welcome and then the game was over I guess? It took me to the website and the next time I opened the app it acted like it was a new game.

So was that the end? Are there multiple endings? It was pretty good up until that point.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

About loving time. I was starting to think it wouldn't make Q1.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Any tips on Battlevoid: Harbinger? It's just not clicking for me. I can play the gently caress duck and dodge game until I have enough cash to arm my ship up decently well, so I think I understand the fundamentals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

GodspeedSphere posted:

Any tips on Battlevoid: Harbinger? It's just not clicking for me. I can play the gently caress duck and dodge game until I have enough cash to arm my ship up decently well, so I think I understand the fundamentals.

Arm your ship with a mix of antiarmor and antishield weapons.

Point defense lasers with 1 point in hull damage can destroy missiles almost instantly, drastically increasing your survivability.

Fill your ship's slots before you buy more ships.

I start with the heaviest warship I can, and then get carriers for support. Fighters are stupid good.

Burst is great on most weapons, but will tank accuracy.

Every run you make gives you XP, which unlocks better ships. You aren't going to get very far with what they provide you with to start.

Harder difficulties give more XP. A Hard run where you die one sector in gives as much as a decent Easy run.

Don't neglect shield boosters. As long as your front and most of your side's are lined with point defense lasers, you can put one or two shields in the rear.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 18, 2017