Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I'm sure dude is a great athlete but that feels very FloridaWeightRoomWall.jpg

Anyway we only need 14 points either way so it's fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I know i measure ability to sack the QB by how far a player can broad jump and run the 40. Given you know they aren't broad jumping and running more than 5 yards, maybe 10 tops, to get to a QB.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Thoguh posted:

March Matness is upon us, come post about wrestling in SAS

Here's the current Intermat top 25 to help you decide if you should care

1. Penn State
2. Oklahoma State
3. Ohio State
4. Iowa
5. Virginia Tech
6. Missouri
7. Nebraska
8. Cornell
9. Michigan
10. Minnesota
11. Arizona State
12. Illinois
13. Lehigh
14. Wisconsin
15. North Carolina State
16. South Dakota State
17. Northern Iowa
18. Stanford
19. Edinboro
20. Rider
21. Princeton
22. North Carolina
23. North Dakota State
24. Pittsburgh
25. Rutgers

https://twitter.com/ncaawrestling/status/842171815204028416

wrasslin' :rolleyes:

Let me just drop a hot bomb on this topic about my 19 time national champion West Fuckin' Virginia Mountaineer rifle team. The Ric Flair of rifle.
Maybe one day we could be relevant in a thing that matters.

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 17, 2017

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

I'm sure dude is a great athlete but that feels very FloridaWeightRoomWall.jpg

Anyway we only need 14 points either way so it's fine

Look at the rest of their numbers, the fastest RB ran a 4.64. So it may be or it may not be.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Regnevelc posted:

Look at the rest of their numbers, the fastest RB ran a 4.64. So it may be or it may not be.

Then Gary is stupidly fast and you have an enormous problem at RB.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Crotch Bat posted:

Then Gary is stupidly fast and you have an enormous problem at RB.

I dunno, the guy who ran it averaged like 7 YPC last year. And it's Chris Evans and he is.. not slow.

I'm really not worried about that position.

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 17, 2017

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Regnevelc posted:

I dunno, the guy who ran it averaged like 7 YPC last year. And it's Chris Evans and he is.. not slow.

I'm really not worried about that position.

so you're saying Michigan is just super bad at hand-timing 40s

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Alaois posted:

most likely

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Alaois posted:

Yeah, this makes me think of that Florida 40 board from like 2008-9 that had like 4-5 guys below a 4.3 on it when like one of those guys pulled it off at the combine

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

TheGreyGhost posted:

Yeah, this makes me think of that Florida 40 board from like 2008-9 that had like 4-5 guys below a 4.3 on it when like one of those guys pulled it off at the combine

Surprised Urbz hasn't done something similar at OSU.

That's kind of his thing--besides popping >.800 winning percentages at P5 schools.

Miss you, Urbz. :(

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LeeMajors posted:

Surprised Urbz hasn't done something similar at OSU.

That's kind of his thing--besides popping >.800 winning percentages at P5 schools.

Miss you, Urbz. :(

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The Florida one had like 5 guys who would have shattered the combine record, it was hilarious

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

LOL at Stoneburner running a 4.4

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

:vince:

That poo poo works with the kids though....

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Braxton Miller ran a 4.5 at the combine. Jake Stoneburner ran a 4.65. Philly Brown ran a 4.51.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

big money big clit posted:

Braxton Miller ran a 4.5 at the combine. Jake Stoneburner ran a 4.65. Philly Brown ran a 4.51.

So what you're saying is Ohio State didn't appreciate Philly Brown enough since they lied about him the least.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

The funniest part of that is that Ryan Shazier's time is the only legitimate one on the board since he ran like a 4.39 at the combine.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
People put that poo poo up for 'intimidation' or whatever, I could see Harbaugh slowing down his offense so people don't expect it?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

TheGreyGhost posted:

The funniest part of that is that Ryan Shazier's time is the only legitimate one on the board since he ran like a 4.39 at the combine.

He didn't run at the combine.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

He didn't run at the combine.

Sorry pro day. Considering he's on tape beating the steelers fastest receivers head to head in one, I think it may be the only credible one on there.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Shazier is fast AF

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I know this is shootyhoops and all, but here is a clip of Verne taking a ball to the face in slow motion, if thats your kink and all

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Asproigerosis posted:

wrasslin' :rolleyes:

Let me just drop a hot bomb on this topic about my 19 time national champion West Fuckin' Virginia Mountaineer rifle team. The Ric Flair of rifle.
Maybe one day we could be relevant in a thing that matters.

Texas is really good at Quidditch

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
lol @ 4.2

Urbz will run out of fake times to give out, he will start having players teleport to the finish line.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

"I can coach speed into you" is remarkably exploitative, to me.

But then again this is college football, so

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

an adult beverage posted:

lol @ 4.2

Urbz will run out of fake times to give out, he will start having players teleport to the finish line.

Its not a lie, if you believe it. --Coach George Costanza

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sash! posted:

Its not a lie, if you believe it. --Coach George Costanza

"I choose not to run!" --every Florida player refusing to run the 40 again

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

an adult beverage posted:

lol @ 4.2

Harbaugh wouldn't tolerate this faster than light gap and ends up inventing a warp drive for his players

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thermos H Christ posted:

Texas is really good at Quidditch

Someone a year or so ago made a legit argument in SAS about Quidditch being a real sport.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Someone a year or so ago made a legit argument in SAS about Quidditch being a real sport.

lol i remember that.

We broadcasted it a couple times and holy god if there's a more awkward thing we've put on TV, i'm not sure what it is

E: and ours is a channel that once broadcasted a Connect Four tournament at a local senior center because we had nothing else to cover in the early days. I swear to god.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
There's nothing that activates my bully senses more than a college quidditch team

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Quidditch is a cool concept sport that's pretty much exclusively played by non athletic kids. The only reason Texas is good at it is because they actually have athletic kids

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spintzel posted:

Quidditch is a cool concept sport that's pretty much exclusively played by non athletic kids. The only reason Texas is good at it is because they actually have athletic kids

It's a cool concept sport if you have magic powers. In real life it's a lovely version of handball where people carry sticks between their legs and then chase a guy.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Imagine watching people run around with a goddamn broom between their legs and unironically calling it cool

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Look, I appreciate the wide variety of sports in today's world but surely there are enough unrepresented sports out there you could make popular rather than doing something that is essentially LARPing with running involved.

Just play beer league softball for god's sake or play kickball because everyone can have fun with kickball.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Imagine watching people run around with a goddamn broom between their legs and unironically calling it cool

I have read and enjoyed HP and will really enjoy reading them with my daughter at some point, and I think Live-Action Quidditch is the dumbest goddamn loving thing ever.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I have no idea what the rules of the real life one are but book quiddich was a trash sport anyway. Catching that stupid winged ball thingamagig was worth way too many points

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

MourningView posted:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Quidditch seems like the soccer of the Harry Potter universe. Wildly popular, pretty boring and there has got to be way more exciting sports to be played on a flying broom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

swickles posted:

Quidditch seems like the soccer of the Harry Potter universe. Wildly popular, pretty boring and there has got to be way more exciting sports to be played on a flying broom.

And just like soccer, the American version is better.

• Locked thread