Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Pretty lovely that tyh edition isn't coming with that controller skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

Pretty lovely that tyh edition isn't coming with that controller skin

wait does the regular steel book come with it?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

wait does the regular steel book come with it?

Yes

Dryzen posted:

gently caress you Baal

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
just pre-ordered high school lupin the 3rd: the jrpg today. this better be good, nerds

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Yeah, if my take your heart edition gets canceled it'll be a bummer

Dryzen posted:

gently caress you Baal

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Amazon canceled my TYH edition last month when the release date became solidified because I had pre-ordered it so long ago on a card that had become expired/renewed. It didn't allow me to update the payment info and now it's unavailable to order again so that's that. Gonna just get the game off the PSN for my PS4 on release instead of waiting for delivery.

It's not too big a loss for me, though. I already have the art book and soundtrack, and my brother still has his order and doesn't want the bag anyway so hurray for a free gym bag!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

SAO is a bad anime along with it's 5 spinoffs but apparently appeals to a large audience so even working as a salaryman won't stop your dreams of RP with a imaginary family and wife.

Also, I still have my LE copy but that scared me for a min.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I still say the worst arc of SAO is Mother's Rosario since its the only time I thought it was biting off more than it even had business trying to chew to begin with. Messing up silly death mmo games is one thing, introducing a brand new character only to have them die of literal, actual AIDS several episodes later is...incongruous, at best.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm glad we as a society have accepted that Persona and SAO are Just The Same Thing, it brings me life

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Can we stop talking about SAO and how big Kiritos Sisters Tits and/or abs are?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raxivace posted:

I still say the worst arc of SAO is Mother's Rosario since its the only time I thought it was biting off more than it even had business trying to chew to begin with. Messing up silly death mmo games is one thing, introducing a brand new character only to have them die of literal, actual AIDS several episodes later is...incongruous, at best.
Honestly, I thought that was actually well-handled? I like that they specified a specific disease instead of just making it Anime Coughing, I like that they actually addressed how mistreated people with illnesses like that are, I like that it was pretty hopeful and sweet about the progress of science and medicine. I mean it's still SAO so it's not a masterpiece but it was a decent arc and done a lot better than a lot of 'character with terminal illness' type stories.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

In case people have yet to figure it out, regardless of what the actual quality of SAO is, what Kawahara really likes to do is explore what he views as possibilities regarding VR technology. The actual story is mostly dressing. Mother's Rosario is a pretty logical exploration of an aspect of that. His other main work aside from SAO does it too. And yes, this has been an incredibly weird derail.

In actual Persona news, I might need to call my local store and see if anyone's cancelled their preorders. They'd been all sold out of the special editions when I tried in early February, but with this latest mess I'm curious if something might have broken loose.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mothers rosario was unironically good

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Endorph posted:

Honestly, I thought that was actually well-handled? I like that they specified a specific disease instead of just making it Anime Coughing, I like that they actually addressed how mistreated people with illnesses like that are, I like that it was pretty hopeful and sweet about the progress of science and medicine. I mean it's still SAO so it's not a masterpiece but it was a decent arc and done a lot better than a lot of 'character with terminal illness' type stories.

SAO is a neat concept that's incredibly uneven but I thought that arc was the high point of the series.

e:

Well now I wonder if I should try ordering the Steelbook now.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Grand Blue has taught me that Japanese college is just as ftw as highschool so please make Persona 6 take place there.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I first played a Persona game (P3) while in college, so a Persona game set in college would be fine by me, but I also like the high school setting a lot so idk

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Really when it comes to education in these games (the occasional multiple choice question or lecture), what difference would college make other than no uniforms?

I know it won't happen because demographic and tradition, but I'm just curious if anything would be any noticeably different anyhow

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

japanese colleges are pretty easy street once you're in. the difficulty is passing the entrance exam, not keeping up with the material in the classes. combine that with the added freedom of being an adult and a lot of the game's time management structure would start getting hazy at the edges. not that it couldn't be done or anything, but high school provides a way more concrete structure.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Grand Blue has taught me that Japanese college is just as ftw as highschool so please make Persona 6 take place there.

s. link about redecorating your room

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

freshlybaked posted:

Really when it comes to education in these games (the occasional multiple choice question or lecture), what difference would college make other than no uniforms?

I know it won't happen because demographic and tradition, but I'm just curious if anything would be any noticeably different anyhow

I presume your p/t job would replace your classes on certain days and you wouldn't have to join a club unless you wanted to compared to HS. They might have to deal with a larger map since you would want to explore other places on your off days. Perhaps you'd see your friends fewer times around the week since they would have different classes and/or jobs like Adachi in P4:D.

There wouldn't be any class trips since you would be able to travel on your own during holidays. Your SL would be other working adults/classmates so it'd be lower variety vs the random guy at the mall.

Now that you mention it I'm not too sure how JPN colleges work since my exp is from HS exchange trips and anime/manga. Also that I don't think it'd ever happen for Persona :sigh:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Most of your time in a college Persona game would be taken up by your compulsive need to hang out in the Genshiken clubroom

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a persona game that's just shirobako

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

a persona game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

a persona game that's just shirobako

No time for sleep, no time for dungeons

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Has anybody here who's pre-ordered with a brick and mortar outlet contacted or heard from them since this broke?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

wizard on a water slide posted:

Has anybody here who's pre-ordered with a brick and mortar outlet contacted or heard from them since this broke?

Atlus has already said Amazon is full of poo poo. In kind corporate wording of course.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

They used specific wording to make it sound like Atlus/Sega's fault when it seems like they didn't have enough stock to fulfill orders.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

send like 5 japanese college students on a year abroad to cambridge or some poo poo for persona 6. japan loves anime britain

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

send like 5 japanese college students on a year abroad to cambridge or some poo poo for persona 6. japan loves anime britain

Germany would be way more mystical.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Super No Vacancy posted:

If we were going directly for the Japanese heart, Paris is the right answer.

But I guess P5 already hits that indirectly.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

french college is probably easier than japanese college i was looking for something with more structure

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

PERSONA 6: SEMESTER AT SEA

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

I would support this because I, too, love anime britain and persona.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Germany would be way more mystical.

I mean probably

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Man, the requisite transfer student is getting edgier and edgier with every iteration

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
The last Persona game will be set where it all began: Switzerland, the mythical homeland of Carl Jung.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

OneDeadman posted:

I mean probably

I forgot that he was in Persona 2

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

england would also be good because then we could get native japanese speakers doing VO for native english speakers which is always a treat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think you guys all just want shadow hearts but with social links