Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gorilla Salad posted:

Also, great to see the return of guy hiding in foliage :thumbsup:

Damnit I was watching for him and didn't catch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Haha this was the first time I saw that guy. Is he in other episodes?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

He's in the first one

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grem posted:

I could see her being a fractured part of Shadow King turning up every once in a while to be a loving weirdo with no real power.

Now that I think about it, it would be cribbing the Scorpius character from Farscape. So, I like it.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Elite posted:

This was probably my vote for weakest episode of the show too. I wouldn't say it got too weird for me (I liked the weird parts of the episode the most), but it was a really slow episode overall. It did have some cool/interesting parts, but it also had a lot of plodding "huh, something is wrong here. Not sure what it is though" conversations... which really missed the mark for me because we already know EXACTLY what's wrong about what's happening.

The plot device where everyone gets a memory wipe and all feel like something is wrong and then are rescued by someone - possibly from outside - coming in and snapping them out of it with a "Remember who you are!" is common in comics. I only got into comics for a short time in my childhood and I still remember it being used dozens of times. I thought the "we're back at the mental hospital but doesn't this seem wrong?" part dragged on too long, but the payoff was amazing. Yeah, the show should win an award for the way it made getting a lapdance from Aubrey Plaza look menacing.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

So I'm going to buy this as my avatar

Aphrodite posted:

Brighter blood, more artifacty:

Anyone got any suggestions to write below it? I'm trying to think of a quote that something to do about tapes. You get extra points if it's related to Trump/politics. Thanks!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shageletic posted:

Anyone got any suggestions to write below it? I'm trying to think of a quote that something to do about tapes. You get extra points if it's related to Trump/politics. Thanks!

I'd go with "I'm a complete loving dipshit."

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011

Shageletic posted:

Terrible! Just found out that Xmen had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is Mutantism!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Would be way better without the text

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Shageletic posted:

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/tapes.html

Here's tons.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Escobarbarian posted:

Would be way better without the text

Agreed, no need to make a statement when you have an amazing gif like that. :D

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Is that a printer he brought her?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Escobarbarian posted:

Henchman of Santa posted:

He's in the first one

Just rewatching the dance scene, and there he is.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Agreed, no need to make a statement when you have an amazing gif like that. :D

I meant the text on the gif but this also yes. I kinda regret putting text on mine tbh

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Shageletic posted:

SHADOW KING

*click*

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I could be wrong, but I think God Speed You Black Emperor did the soundtrack to 28 days later.

They used a track (East hastings, which coincidentally isn't on the soundtrack) John Murphy does the score/soundtrack.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Man it's been so long I don't even remember who Legion is.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

coyo7e posted:

Man it's been so long I don't even remember who Legion is.

He is many, he does not forget/forgive, etc... Pretty sure he's the hacker, "anonymous" and his dad is a tulpa?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I have no idea what you just said. I seem to remember reading comics with Legion in them. I just don't remember anything about him.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

Shageletic posted:

So that's what happened to Michelle's whitey tapes.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

This was the first episode where the weirdness tipped over into actively annoying imo. Shame :(

e: but not the dance and final scenes those were rad as poo poo. mainly I just think this shouldn't have taken up an entire episode
I'm enjoying it, though I do feel like the show gets too stylish and deliberately abstract for its own good sometimes. There's a fine line between a cool/unique aesthetic and a masturbatory one, and at times it feels like the latter. It's the Tarantino Effect.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Is this show a limited mini series with start and end or is it going to continue on? I want to know if we'll get closure or if they'll draw out his struggles for multiple seasons. Was hoping we'd see him actually able to wield his powers knowledgeably at some point but after 6 episodes it looks like he's still not close

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Shageletic posted:

you're eatin tapes tonight, christie

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Is this show a limited mini series with start and end or is it going to continue on? I want to know if we'll get closure or if they'll draw out his struggles for multiple seasons. Was hoping we'd see him actually able to wield his powers knowledgeably at some point but after 6 episodes it looks like he's still not close

It got a second season the other day.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Is this show a limited mini series with start and end or is it going to continue on? I want to know if we'll get closure or if they'll draw out his struggles for multiple seasons.

It was renewed for a second season this week. However, Hawley has said the show is not a puzzle box, and there will be answers and resolution to the season.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

howe_sam posted:

It was renewed for a second season this week. However, Hawley has said the show is not a puzzle box, and there will be answers and resolution to the season.

We got a fair number of answers this episode, even.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

plant man is the real hero of the series

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

etalian posted:

He's actually David, everyone else is a fragment of his mind including Lenny.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
FX is really killing it with the shows recently.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

etalian posted:

plant man is my daily inspiration

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Turns out Man-Thing is the only other character in the show that isn't just a figment of David's imagination.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

I really hope the end of this season is "So David, the good news is we got rid of the parasitic dimension warping evil super mutant that was misdiagnosed as schizophrenia. The bad news is you actually literally have schizophrenia anyway."

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

E2M2 posted:

FX is really killing it with the shows recently.

Is it just me paying more attention to poo poo, or has the market, or whatever, for more niche shows like this grown? Netflix with some of their great shows, and FX too, where they don't care about getting max ratings so aren't limited like they would be on cable?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Traditional cable has been dying for decades at this point, you don't need Nielson ratings anymore when you can stream anything you want.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Invalid Validation posted:

Traditional cable has been dying for decades at this point, you don't need Nielson ratings anymore when you can stream anything you want.

Also content owners/producers have realized that money from streaming and DVD sales continuing year after year is a thing, so immediate success isn't as critical.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Invalid Validation posted:

And by that you mean 5 years at the most with a 5% drop in those 5 years. Decades would be at a minimum their height of subscribers was 1997. 2011-2012 was peak cable subscribers of 100.8M with 2016 ending at 96M. Don't expect hollywood culture to pivot on just a few years of economic numbers.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Chadzok posted:

I really hope the end of this season is "So David, the good news is we got rid of the parasitic dimension warping evil super mutant that was misdiagnosed as schizophrenia. The bad news is you actually literally have schizophrenia anyway."

Pretty sure this is the end game plus a helping of "oh and we've uncovered your DID too."

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Second season I hope we can get a small cameo of Magneto wanting to recruit David and just going "nopenopenopenopenope"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Just finished the latest episode. I feel like watching this week to week was a mistake. I kinda just want answers now and the wait is killing me.

Also, I remembered this quick flash happening near the end of the pilot:

It probably has nothing to do with the most recent plot development, but I remember thinking that they would jump back to Clockworks at some point later in the story when I first saw this.

Max fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 19, 2017