Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Carth Dookie posted:

Kimi. Mostly to see Vettel's head explode.

Vettel loses the wdc by one point to kimi after a collision with max that cost him a podium.
Nothing in any sport would top that.

Also debris flies off and kills bottas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

TurboDrizzle posted:

Thread hivemind: Would you rather see a 2017 Kimi WDC? Or a 2017 Massa WDC?

Massa, the old scared puppy has earned it at this point.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

This prob mean criticisms really really gets to him.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

TurboDrizzle posted:

Por Que No Los Dos.
Have them tie, with Hamilton winning the final race and bitching over comms that he's not going to win the WDC again.

dentist toy box posted:

This prob mean criticisms really really gets to him.

He's the son of a billionaire who has found his way into F1. He's probably never faced genuine criticism before and almost certainly never faced any real peer criticism.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The most telling line from that article is:

quote:

I was going to do a 1m19.5s before I went off. I was eight tenths up on that lap on the ultra-softs.

I was gonna be great! You'll see!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

When I think about F1 laps i'm always like is this a good lap, well I know good laps believe me, and this lap was gonna be huge, unbelievable. Lewis Hamilton thinks he's good? Sad!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

His dad's cloths are poo poo, hows that for criticism?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Lawrence if you're reading this mail me $30 for that piece of gently caress Michael Kors shirt I bought two years ago, it looked like it had just done a tour of Iraq after two washes.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

dentist toy box posted:

When I think about F1 laps i'm always like is this a good lap, well I know good laps believe me, and this lap was gonna be huge, unbelievable. Lewis Hamilton thinks he's good? Sad!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Rookies always have An Enemy they keep crashing into. Who will be Strolls?

I think he's going to be quite good at quali, much like pastor, just lacking in racecraft, much like pastor. Williams is looking good so that puts him top end of the mid field at the start. The five cars around him are in the danger zone. Ricciado will be ahead of him on the grid, Ricciado is poo poo at starts. Stroll will either repeatedly rear end Are Dan or swerve and hit Kvyat who wll be coming up the inside with blinkers on.

I have a funny feeling it's going to be Kvyat, the Williams is faster than the Toro Rosso but Stroll won't be able to take it to the limit and Kvyat isn't known for his amazing sense of spacial awareness.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Mar 18, 2017

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
In this forum I am Myrddin_Emrys and thats all you need to know about me. I also post in other threads and stuff about Trump and ovals

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

TurboDrizzle posted:

Kim. Massa's retired, I've said my piece on what that means already. Sorry to Sebby Seb Seb but him snapping is better for the sport than a sentimental F1.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Massa, the old scared puppy has earned it at this point.

Yeah but equally I wouldn't want to sully the awesome memory of him winning MWDC in 2008.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlJWwuV9eBw

That Ferrari engineer and the look of incomprehension on Massa senior's face cracks me up every goddamn time. That is what a MWDC celebration looks like.

Alonso's face is also another brilliant MWDC look. The perfect blend of thousand yard stare and moral stoicism. I can't laugh at this one though because it broke my heart when it happened.

So I like to watch this to summarise what a loving hero the guy was that season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fHBHh6hbD0

Theophany fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Mar 18, 2017

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

In this forum I am Myrddin_Emrys and thats all you need to know about me if you know what I mean fellas

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Obviously Massa, because Kimi already has one WDC too many

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Massa deserves it more but it would be more entertaining if Kimi won it

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

daslog posted:

Hey look, another Formula 1 overtaking comittee.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns35954.html

But this one is different. They will actually put two cars in a wind tunnel to see what the impact of the Aero is.

:downsbravo:

In 10 years they might actually figure out that it's the Aero that makes passing impossible.

Wow, that article is criminally bad. Read this one instead: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/brawn-plans-f1-task-force-and-overtaking-study-883168/

What Brawn actually said is that the previous overtaking committee did put two cars in a wind tunnel...and that data is useless because that's not what wind tunnels are designed for.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Massa is retired how the gently caress he gunna win a WDC!?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
At least he's not dead and driving a Honda!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

At least he's not dead and driving a Honda!

Dead driver dead team.

gently caress

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

learnincurve posted:

The wall.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

2017 needs more drunk punditry from Our Jense

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I wish we had some boys like Jenson, Jacques and Taki get together and do Race Companion podcasts like Joe Rogan does for the UFC events that he's not commentating on.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like when Kimi remembers how to drive.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

supposedly Guy would mark out where they'd be on the grid every qualifying session after that.

I could definitely see him doing that.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Wow, that article is criminally bad. Read this one instead: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/brawn-plans-f1-task-force-and-overtaking-study-883168/

What Brawn actually said is that the previous overtaking committee did put two cars in a wind tunnel...and that data is useless because that's not what wind tunnels are designed for.

After reading the motorsport.com article, yea that first one is bad.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Alright, gonna start the Official F1 2016 Season Review Blu-Ray.

Pray 4 Wirth

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Wirth1000 posted:

Alright, gonna start the Official F1 2016 Season Review Blu-Ray.

Pray 4 Wirth

spoiler: it's poo poo

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Lmao nevermind about it being 2016. I forgot I bought 2015. It's loving 2015.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Wirth1000 posted:

td4guy posted:

spoiler: it's poo poo

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

That was a pretty bad season.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
We missed something. Goodwood has a big event on - the 75th members meeting. You can catch up on it here and they put lots of gifs up https://www.goodwood.com/grrc/event-coverage/members-meeting/2017/3/live/ they raced the 1950s f1 cars at 16:20

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

I think he's going to be quite good at quali, much like pastor, just lacking in racecraft, much like pastor. Williams is looking good so that puts him top end of the mid field at the start. The five cars around him are in the danger zone. Ricciado will be ahead of him on the grid, Ricciado is poo poo at starts. Stroll will either repeatedly rear end Are Dan or swerve and hit Kvyat who wll be coming up the inside with blinkers on.

I have a funny feeling it's going to be Kvyat, the Williams is faster than the Toro Rosso but Stroll won't be able to take it to the limit and Kvyat isn't known for his amazing sense of spacial awareness.

Please let it be Hamilton. I just want to see stroll lock up at the first corner in Melbourne and loving torpedo straight into Hamilton's merc. It would be glorious.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:jackbud:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

As someone who does a lot of sim racing in socks. This made me laugh.

http://www.apexoff.com/2017/03/18/sebastian-vettel-wear-socks-f1-races-season/

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I used to love watching Massa gently caress up Hamiltons races

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
You know what? I'm loving amazed that Bernie is 86 years old and that nimble. Like, wow. Good for you, man.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Wirth1000 posted:

You know what? I'm loving amazed that Bernie is 86 years old and that nimble. Like, wow. Good for you, man.

Spared no expense

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Spared no expense

Sure but even when you're that advanced you can't just solely rely on modern medicine. You have to work with it not let it work on you alone. I don't know what he's doing but he's doing it well and I'm impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It's going to be fun watching the rookies all suffer this season as F1 cars go back to being F1 cars in terms of gs pulled and speed and not just a slightly faster version of the F3/GP3 cars they all were poodling around in hence how quickly rookies acclimatized during the past horrid formula.

gently caress Lance Stroll.

• Locked thread