Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Gorilla Salad posted:

The reason men get so bent out of shape in custody disputes is because the court doesn't really care about them at all - by design.

They care about the welfare of the child.

And so they bloody well should.

These men, who feel the entire world exists just to serve them, tend to lose their poo poo about not being the focus of everything so you can imagine how going through an entire court case where nobody really gives a poo poo what they think makes them feel.

* Ha, betcha thought I was gonna segue into an MRA rant there, didn't ya.

Then she takes him to court and gets the payments anyway. Childcare isn't about what the dad wants, it's about the two people who created a child ensuring its welfare. Which is why even abusive deadbeats have to pay.

*court hands child over to abusive drug addict*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
You cannot "just formula feed" an infant, you moron, without MAJORLY disrupting breastfeeding.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

You cannot "just formula feed" an infant, you moron, without MAJORLY disrupting breastfeeding.

We did both, turned out fine. Did your baby have trouble?

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
My (31F) husband (34M) of 2 years is bossy and I’m getting loving sick of it
u/sickofitthrowaway17

quote:

Hi,

I guess I feel sort of stupid writing all this, because my husband “Thomas” honestly is a good guy. He is gentle, caring, and very funny. We have been married for 2 years, together for 8, and have no children. But he can also be very bossy and I’m having a hard time getting him to understand how much this upsets me.

For example, we have a pretty even division of housework (we both work full time). But he doesn’t agree with the way I do “my” chores. Like, I prefer to take out the garbage when the bag is all the way full (unless it smells or something) because that way we use fewer bags and I think it’s less wasteful. But he thinks it should be taken out when the bag is ~ 3/4 full. So I’ll be getting ready for work and he’ll come over looking annoyed and tell me to take the garbage out. He’s not even asking or suggesting, he just says “hey take the garbage out,” and walks away. I have told him many times I prefer to wait until the bag is full, but he insists it needs to go out now.

If it was just the garbage it wouldn’t even be a big deal, you know it’s just the trash so whatever, but he’s like that about so many things. He’s a morning person and I really am not, but he seems to think he can turn me into one by getting me up early, even on the weekends and times we don’t have morning plans. He actually turns on the lights and tells me “it’s time to get up,” like I’m a teenager. It’s so ridiculous. When I was really tired I have told him not to get me up and that I need to sleep, but he usually comes back in 30 minutes or so insisting that I’ll “sleep the day away” and won’t be tired at night. Left to my own devices I usually get up around 9-9:30am on weekends. He starts getting me up around 8am.

Bedtime is tough too, because like I said he’s a morning person. He wants to go to bed around 10pm every night and gets annoyed that I don’t want to sleep then. He insists he can’t sleep if I’m awake and moving around our apartment, although at night I would typically just be working on my computer in the office. It’s not like I’m cartwheeling in the living room. I frankly cannot sleep that early no matter how tired I am and have told him so several times. Sometimes when I stay up he makes like a passive aggressive show of “having” to stay up until I go to bed and comments repeatedly how exhausted he is.

It just feels like as time goes on, more and more things have to be done his way. He wants to eat dinner together every night, but my work schedule can be unpredictable so sometimes I don’t get home until 8pm. I’m very good about texting to let him know my schedule, but when I have later days he won’t eat until I come home, occasionally texting to let me know he’s starving. He never wants to go out with friends any more, especially in the evenings, but gets upset when I decide that I do.

This has all come to a head this weekend because I’m sick. I mostly just want to sleep and occasionally have soup. I know he’s trying to help, but it’s been a nonstop barrage of all the things I have to do. “Take more cough medicine” “don’t sleep too much or you won’t be tired tonight” “eat more yogurt” “change out of your pajamas”. Mostly it’s stuff I know or am going to do anyway, I just wish he would stop commanding me to do it. Just a few minutes ago he announced he had to go to the store and told me, “I want all that Gatorade finished by the time I come back.” I had been sipping it off and on, but now I don’t want any. I want to throw it at him.

We have talked before about how I don’t like it when he just tells me to do things, but he gets really defensive and maintains that he has good reasons for wanting things a certain way. Once he even claimed that me asking him not to tell me what to do was really me telling him what to do, which just silly imo. I have been trying to convince him to attend couples counseling with me, but he says that because we are so busy he’d rather spend our free time doing stuff together, instead of in someone else’s office.

So reddit, I feel like I’m at the end of my rope. I don’t know how to tell my (mostly awesome) husband that his bossy and dismissive behavior is seriously killing any affection I have for him. What can I do to convince him that this is something we need to address?

Tl;dr: My husband is a good guy, but can be very bossy and I feel like he treats me like I’m a child. What can I do to convince him that this behavior is a problem?

none of this sounds "mostly awesome" to me, i think the correct words are mostly insufferable

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cumslut1895 posted:

oh you got custody?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

JFairfax posted:

oh you got custody?

I am strictly a glue sniffer, thank you.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

DOMDOM posted:

He wants to eat dinner together every night, but my work schedule can be unpredictable so sometimes I don’t get home until 8pm. I’m very good about texting to let him know my schedule, but when I have later days he won’t eat until I come home, occasionally texting to let me know he’s starving.

One of my friends is dating/possibly on the verge of breaking up with someone who does this, except replace 8pm with 11pm. And he expects her to cook.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

We did both, turned out fine. Did your baby have trouble?

You were literally able to alternate formula and tit interchangeablely with no issue? I've heard of people alternating when they have twins each feeding or mixing half n half because their supply was short but that's pretty remarkable.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

DOMDOM posted:

u/sickofitthrowaway17

none of this sounds "mostly awesome" to me, i think the correct words are mostly insufferable

My girlfriend's husband does that same poo poo texting her saying he's starving when his rear end is at home and she at work, saying he can't sleep with her moving around. Good way to get cheated on or divorced

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Blue Train posted:

My girlfriend's husband does that same poo poo texting her saying he's starving when his rear end is at home and she at work, saying he can't sleep with her moving around. Good way to get cheated on or divorced

That's probably why his wife has a boyfriend am I right

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Exactly

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

You were literally able to alternate formula and tit interchangeablely with no issue? I've heard of people alternating when they have twins each feeding or mixing half n half because their supply was short but that's pretty remarkable.

Wasnt aware it could be an issue, doctors we spoke to said it was just an initial training difficulty then youd be fine so long as you didnt stick to one exclusively long enough theyd forget how to do one of them. Babies are as stupid as horses, except they can learn to eat in different ways.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Cumslut1895 posted:

Okay but in this specific instance the guy who thinks it's okay to feed a baby goat's milk and Internet purchased breast milk probably isn't a safe choice for 50/50 custody of a newborn.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

DOMDOM posted:

u/sickofitthrowaway17

Wow what an absolute knob.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Is it normal that my[26M] girlfriend[25F] throws stuff in my home and refuses to leave? (6 weeks relationship)

quote:

So she was staying at my place overnight a lot (around 2 days a week, maybe more) and few days ago she messaged me asking if I would like to have her as a guest, I told that I have to work but she can still come. She told that she's drunk after coming(few glasses of wine), everything seemed normal until she got offended and became angry when I told her that she doesn't want to do anything.

After that she went to bed, and I tried to work, but she started complaining that she can't sleep like that and tried to show like she's leaving, even though she didn't. Then when I tried to not pay attention to that and do my work, she angrily threw her clothing at my table where I was working. I got angry and asked her to leave, but she refused. After that when I tried to sleep she threw my own pillow onto the couch not letting me to sleep on my own bed. And when I tried to sleep on the couch, she came and forced me to cuddle her and go back to bed.

The next day I didn't answer any of her messages and she came to take her belongings after getting my approval, but then she tried to reconcile and refused to leave. She said she took sleeping pills and has to sleep so I couldn't get her to leave and she ended up sleeping at my place again.

The day after that she messaged me that she's sorry for being drunk and things like that happen in life and that I'm taking it too hard. But now I can't trust her anymore and it is scary to have someone in your apartment who refuses to leave. Is it way beyond normal or am I overreacting?

TL;DR - girlfriend refused to leave my apartment when I asked her

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yea she crazy

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Yeah, kid had both every day. No problems, no stern lectures from pediatrician. What was your experience like?

Nipple confusion is dramatically overstated, based on the most recent stuff I've read (admittedly now 8 years ago).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Danaru posted:

Is it normal that my[26M] girlfriend[25F] throws stuff in my home and refuses to leave? (6 weeks relationship)

Yeah this is on the up and up. Definitely you needed to ask other people since your parents, friends, and characters in media constantly do this, to the point where its exhausting when they dont. Next time dont be so stupid to assume that this obviously common issue everyone talks about constantly and says is good could possible be an issue.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DOMDOM posted:

u/sickofitthrowaway17

My expert diagnosis is that he is a complete twat

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I'm thinking March 31st

I call five days before your due date.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Danaru posted:

While the Reddit comments were quite sane on this post, I'm surprised nobody had chimed in with the old "tenant's rights!!!" saw. Don't let crazy stay there for two weeks or whatever!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cumslut1895 posted:

So how terrible did the guy have to be for that to happen?

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
why does everyone have this pickle avatar now

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I love this one purely for this minor exchange in the comments

quote:

Is it illegal to own a nazi uniform or a replica of one? Florida
u/FLsurveyor561
Most of what I found on Google is that it's illegal in Germany or wearing it in public. I definitely won't be wearing it in public so I'm not worried about that. I'm mostly worried about getting in trouble while trying to order one. Just to be clear, I don't support the Nazis in any way.

quote:

I just have to ask - this is a sex thing, right?

quote:

yep

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I guess it's one of those things ever, while most nazis want nazi uniforms and most other people don't, there's so many more of the latter that most nazi uniform purchases are for sex reasons.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

well it's not just sex. you might want one to wear on your disney-sponsored youtube channel too

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lol if you can't understand the appeal of a big tittied naziess in period appropriate garb crushing your nuts under the heel of her boot

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Blue Train posted:

Lol if you can't understand the appeal of a big tittied naziess in period appropriate garb crushing your nuts under the heel of her boot

You can get that without the nazi part though

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Gloryhold It! posted:

and you can live your whole life without sunlight, so?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Gloryhold It! posted:

Personally I prefer them to be commies

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Breastfeeding is child sexual abuse.*

*This message brought to you by EnfamilTM

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I want a sesame in the street and a freak in the sheets

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

1-2 times a week is bullshit and obviously not enough. Healthy heh

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Blue Train posted:

He should have said something if he's not happy with that. Now, if only she'd bring it up with him instead of Reddit...

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

My mom's birthday is March 31. We have a family rule that you can't talk about what you want for your birthday until that calendar month, so she gets the whole month to talk about it. :3:

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Blue Train posted:

This thread is giving me a complex :(

Barudak
May 7, 2007

timefly posted:

This thread is giving me a complex :(

My parents once left an event they were at that did a family feud style game to avoid being named and shamed.The question was "how many times in the average month do you think all the couples in this room make love?" My parents have done disastrously so far so they do the math, then after surveying the room and thinking not everyone looked in the peak of fitness decide in their words "to really lowball the hell" out of their answer.

After all the answers are gathered and the winner tabulated, the announcer comes out and doesnt read the winning number. Instead he starts asking for my parents anonymous couple number for the game "Couple 17? Couple 17 where are you?" He pauses as they say nothing and give no hint its them. "Well Im not surprised you cant answer, you must be dead tired. The winning answer is 3. Couple 17 you put 25"

At the start of the next question my parents slink out of the venue before any other couple at their table realizes it was them, and presumably, to gently caress.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I knew that sex fell off after marriage but drat smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My parents were forbidden from having sex in my grandparents' beachhouse because they weren't married yet. So they went out and hosed in the woods and came back with my mother's back covered in mud. They thought this was funny, my grandparents did not.