Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Trap Iris in the speedforce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kill Iris first, beat him to it and create a time paradox! It worked for Eddie.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Savitar is Iris. The only way Savitar can prevent spending time out in the speed force is to kill herself.

Boom, paradox happens, flashpoint collapses, and we get a new universe for next year.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hopefully jessie goes back in time and just blows up the house with 34 different Barrys in it trying to start and stop his mothers murder simultaneously and then she can become the flash in season 4.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Nah just Flashpoint the series onto a different channel with a new Flash that doesn't need to shoehorn in relationship drama. Jessie and Wally are just as insufferable.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 17, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Invalid Validation posted:

Nah just Flashpoint the series onto a different channel with a new Flash that doesn't need to shoehorn in relationship drama. Jessie and Wally are just as insufferable.

that is true. 50% of all supergirl episodes are now about dating boys and maybe 4-5 different relationships taking center stage over the supervillans and heroes.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
If there's one thing I know for certain it's that Savitar certainly ISN'T Central City's new mayor, John Rativas.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

Jesse herself is cool and good. She only becomes insufferable in the context of her "relationship" with Wally.

Wally: omg jesse plz stay
Jesse: oh noes i can'ttttt
Wally: plzzzzzz

Other than that she behaves like a pretty normal, if somewhat stubborn young woman.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bentacos posted:

Trap Iris in the speedforce.

Read that as tap. :heysexy:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I reckon Savitar is that suspicious editor Iris had last season who hated the Flash for ill-defined reasons and took her out to dinner once.

Have you seen him since then?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Space Crabs posted:

hopefully jessie goes back in time and just blows up the house with 34 different Barrys in it trying to start and stop his mothers murder simultaneously and then she can become the flash in season 4.

"My name is Jessie Quick, and I am the savior of all humanity"

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Did they call Savitar's blade "speed metal" last ep?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

McSpanky posted:

Did they call Savitar's blade "speed metal" last ep?

Oh, God no.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I am a gigantic dork and on Tuesday I got a rando call from some crappy sales firm on my cellphone, and I only answered it because I was expecting a call from the freaking plumbers that were coming to my house, and I decided that my ringtone was annoying, so I changed it to the Flash Theme song, and I IMMEDIATELY regretted it the first time it rang. :lol:

I NEVER answer unknown numbers, but it was so speedy and rushing me to search through my bag for my phone at ALL COSTS at the grocery store. I was like flinging pens and gum and poo poo all over the produce aisle.

I have since changed it back. Phew.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DoggPickle posted:

I am a gigantic dork and on Tuesday I got a rando call from some crappy sales firm on my cellphone, and I only answered it because I was expecting a call from the freaking plumbers that were coming to my house, and I decided that my ringtone was annoying, so I changed it to the Flash Theme song, and I IMMEDIATELY regretted it the first time it rang. :lol:

I NEVER answer unknown numbers, but it was so speedy and rushing me to search through my bag for my phone at ALL COSTS at the grocery store. I was like flinging pens and gum and poo poo all over the produce aisle.

I have since changed it back. Phew.

...turdfuzz?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Chokes McGee posted:

...turdfuzz?

I tried to figure this out for about what, a day? I still have no idea so :downs:

The flash theme song will make you rummage through your purse like an insane person when you are in public. That's all. So don't make the theme song your ringtone. A lesson a day keeps the Savitar away.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

SPOILERY Arrow-verse Paleyfest report including season 4's Big Bad: not a Speedster!

Also, Grant Gustin gets it:

quote:

“I agree most of the time as a viewer and a fan with the backlash that Barry receives,” Gustin admitted, noting that fear has been dictating the character’s decisions more than ever this season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just had a thought, have we seen anything implied that Barry and Iris have banged? Because we saw him in bed with Patty so that happened but I dont recall any implication that Barry and Iris have anything of a physical relationship.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Yer Burnt posted:

SPOILERY Arrow-verse Paleyfest report including season 4's Big Bad: not a Speedster!

Also, Grant Gustin gets it:

Who the hell backlashes at Grant Gustin? He's the most charming person to ever exist in the universe in the entire history of time. Yeah The Flash is a little Emo this year, but in a way, he's still seeming normal even though his storyline is a bit emo and stupid. He could wear a British Judge wig and hand out sentences for the entire Legends crew and he would seem like the "normal one" and make everyone laugh anyways :lol:

The entire Once Upon A Time thread hates my guts, because I talk reality and I'm not a lesbian or anti-lesbian, just a straight talker, but how much better is even a cheesy Apes in the City episode of the flash, than three seconds of that dumbass green-screen video-toaster poo poo from OUAT? Also flash has an actual story that makes sense, and I hope it stays that way.

But cut it out with the SPEEDSTERS. It starts to make Barry seem a "bit" less special when there are 10-20 other speedsters. Let's figure out some other super-powers to deal with. It's a lack of imagination when they can't work out a way to vex the flash.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I just had a thought, have we seen anything implied that Barry and Iris have banged? Because we saw him in bed with Patty so that happened but I dont recall any implication that Barry and Iris have anything of a physical relationship.

It's kind of implied that if they've moved in together and were at the point where Barry was earnestly if hosed-up-ed-ly asking her to marry him, then yeah, they're banging. But you're right, it is kind of sadly funny that Barry has come closer to waking up in bed with Cisco this year than he has with Iris :v:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Rhyno posted:

LOL they live together in the most hilarious 10 million dollar loft. That city pays it's techs and reporters REALLY WELL apparently . I absolutely love the show and I can look past anything, but when they moved into this 10 million dollar loft I was so thrown out of it. it definitely made me laugh

But wtf. Iris and Barry are ENGAGED and live together. They've been banging every night for the last 6 months? I think there was even a very PG -now engaging in sex stuff- scene. Am I wrong?

I also try not to think of speedsters doing any sort of sexual activity, because that ultimately leads to the imagination and interesting and personal thoughts start happening and it's just weird and uncomfortable.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoggPickle posted:

The entire Once Upon A Time thread hates my guts, because I talk reality and I'm not a lesbian or anti-lesbian, just a straight talker, but how much better is even a cheesy Apes in the City episode of the flash, than three seconds of that dumbass green-screen video-toaster poo poo from OUAT?

what?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

I bitched about how horrible the series looks in general because of the cheap greenscreen and CGI choices, and made the mistake of saying that one of the chicks has looked super fat for years now and it particularly ruins the "flashback" quota of every episode, where she's supposed to be like 18 but she's a giant fat cow. lol. Apparently she had a bunch of of kids or something and now I'm horrible bitch who hates women :laffo: Whatever. they are so my frienamies.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

DoggPickle posted:

If you want to be an actress and not look like a weird fat-face, maybe don't have 12 babies in a row, because it's literally your JOB to not be a big fat-face.

I'm completely in the camp of "do what you FEEEEELLL" but I don't understand actresses ruining their contracts with babies. Okay! One baby - gotta have a life other than acting- work around it. It's been done for 50 years. But, I was simply commenting on the fact that GINiffeffer had been getting fatter and fatter for 6 straight seasons.

Ginnefer, with her DUMBASS spelled name still chooses to be a fat actress and I have the right to make fun of her.

That's the highlights from a few dozen posts, all just like that. :stonk:

...yea I think the hate was very much justified.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

DoggPickle posted:

LOL they live together in the most hilarious 10 million dollar loft. That city pays it's techs and reporters REALLY WELL apparently . I absolutely love the show and I can look past anything, but when they moved into this 10 million dollar loft I was so thrown out of it. it definitely made me laugh

Barry inherited unknown ammounts of being super rich from the Harrison Wells murder confessional video back in season 2 so until money problems come up as a plot point again, I consider all monetary expenses effectively handwaved away.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I stand by my old theory: Cisco is still actually Flashpoint rich, he's just not an rear end in a top hat about it in this timeline and is supporting everyone with his vast secret dot com fortune.

Prove me wrong :colbert:

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

nine-gear crow posted:

I stand by my old theory: Cisco is still actually Flashpoint rich, he's just not an rear end in a top hat about it in this timeline and is supporting everyone with his vast secret dot com fortune.

Prove me wrong :colbert:

If Cisco is rich why does he live in the apartment he lives in shown (earlier this season? I think) Instead of a huge nice apartment like Barry. Also, why would Cisco buy an apartment for Barry to surprise Iris with.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Maybe his dad left him money from a huge "wrongly imprisoned" lawsuit?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

He's neither a lesbian nor an anti-lesbian, two of the most fundamental particles of the universe. Guy Goodbody, if you move fast enough you can switch your lesbians and anti-lesbians and counteract his sonic waves. [whispering seriously] Run, Guy!

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

DoggPickle posted:

I bitched about how horrible the series looks in general because of the cheap greenscreen and CGI choices, and made the mistake of saying that one of the chicks has looked super fat for years now and it particularly ruins the "flashback" quota of every episode, where she's supposed to be like 18 but she's a giant fat cow. lol. Apparently she had a bunch of of kids or something and now I'm horrible bitch who hates women :laffo: Whatever. they are so my frienamies.

Snow? Or Emma? I actually can't tell cuz I feel like they all look fatter.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

FactsAreUseless posted:

He's neither a lesbian nor an anti-lesbian, two of the most fundamental particles of the universe. Guy Goodbody, if you move fast enough you can switch your lesbians and anti-lesbians and counteract his sonic waves. [whispering seriously] Run, Guy!

Oh, I'm not like a lesbian at all. Some would say...I'm the reverse.

*vibrates into Iris*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

pee out my butt posted:

*vibrates into Iris*
lmao

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

latinotwink1997 posted:

Snow? Or Emma? I actually can't tell cuz I feel like they all look fatter.

I was actually talking about Snow. I hadn't noticed Emma looking anything but a lot older.

I think Barry and Iris's loft is so noticeable because I wish I lived there because it's gorgeous. Hah. I'm trying to remember Cisco's apartment but I'm blanking.

I just realized how the stage for Joe's house must be just those three walls and that one long room. They ALWAYS shoot from the direction of the dining table towards the door side. He apparently has no kitchen or basement and people go upstairs into the void and then reappear when called.

*edit* I KNOW obviously that's how TV works, but it just makes me giggle a little compared to the monster set they have built for Iris and Barry and their amazing Penthouse apartment of the gods. Joe's just got his normal-people living room. Poor Joe. I think Jessie Martin is actually the second most important part of the whole show, and someone had watched a ton of Law and Order and realized that he is a hilarious "straight man" whenever he could get in a little funny line, and he adds both the weight and a lot of funny to the show.

DoggPickle fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 19, 2017

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Haha yeah. The replies were very funny. I only made the lesbian comment because that whole thread frustrated me so badly that everyone had glommed on to one particular point in a long post of points about how funny and silly and terrible the entire show is from top to bottom, and I lost it and started poo poo posting a bit. Guilty as charged.

P.S. the entire thread is full of lesbians who are too busy imagining all the female leads having sex with each other to notice what a fountain of hilarity that every scene of that series contains. It's sad really. Oy Vey!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DoggPickle posted:

Haha yeah. The replies were very funny. I only made the lesbian comment because that whole thread frustrated me so badly that everyone had glommed on to one particular point in a long post of points about how funny and silly and terrible the entire show is from top to bottom, and I lost it and started poo poo posting a bit. Guilty as charged.

P.S. the entire thread is full of lesbians who are too busy imagining all the female leads having sex with each other to notice what a fountain of hilarity that every scene of that series contains. It's sad really. Oy Vey!
Oy Vey!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoggPickle posted:

the entire thread is full of lesbians who are too busy imagining all the female leads having sex with each other

haha yeah that sounds so bad and funny, do you have a link so I can laugh at it too lol

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

pee out my butt posted:

*vibrates into Iris*

Thread title

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Flashpoint Iris being a lesbian would have been a lot more interesting.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Guy Goodbody posted:

haha yeah that sounds so bad and funny, do you have a link so I can laugh at it too lol

I know that you're being sarcastic and about 9/10's of me says DON'T DO IT. DON'T DO IT, but I honestly find this entire thread absolutely hilarious. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3572662

So what is the majority guess about the ending of this season?

Will barry save IRIS?

Would they dare to actually kill off Iris? I personally don't think that they have very good chemistry and I wouldn't mind another girlfriend, but I don't DISlike her or anything. But I also don't think the would kill her off because of the general tone of the show.

Will he change back to having Wally save or HELP-save Iris. Why is there a Wells on the roof with a rifle? Where is everyone else?

I'm taking bets now... For pride I guess. I don't have any money to bet on the Flash :laffo:

PUT YOUR BETS IN. Describe the finale! C'mon, it'll be fun! :dance:

*edit* If I give $5 paypal to the closest matching description of what happens with Savatar/Iris, will y'all pony up some thoughtful ideas? This is void if I get like 2 lovely ones, and completely up to my discretion in every way.

DoggPickle fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

We'll find out soon who Savitar is and it will be Eddie or someone we know that doesn't have Speedster powers because he hasn't been shown outside the suit. He'll kill Iris and Barry will go back in time again and will change it so he and Iris are back to being strangers again.

• Locked thread