Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Does Peter's Spider-Sense warn him of mundane danger like muscle pulls?

"Oh no, Spider-sense is tingling, mustn't eat that 2nd burrito or I'll suffer great danger in the john tomorrow!"

The only things it definitely does not work on:
Bricks
Punches in the dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

AfroSquirrel posted:

The only things it definitely does not work on:
Bricks
Punches in the dark

Also small children laying down sick burns on him.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The bricks and child were both spawned from Venom.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

The bricks and child were both spawned from Venom.

Now I'm curious what would happen if Venom used the symbiote's knowledge of Peter's credit cards numbers to run up a huge amount of fraudulent charges against him.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Vakal posted:

Now I'm curious what would happen if Venom used the symbiote's knowledge of Peter's credit cards numbers to run up a huge amount of fraudulent charges against him.

I mean, is this pre-billionaire Pete? Because if so lol like he could get a credit card.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Push El Burrito posted:

I mean, is this pre-billionaire Pete? Because if so lol like he could get a credit card.

That reminds me of when MJ was presumed dead after a plane crash for a bit, and Pete was out of a job because of downsizing at the Bugle, and this one issue had Venom's wife commit suicide and Eddie blaming Spider-man, and he was like WE WILL TAKE EVERYTHING FROM HIM. Not only did it never go anywhere, but it was also kinda hilarious of a threat considering Peter was at an all-time low in his life.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Lurdiak posted:

Peter was at an all-time low in his life.

So just another Tuesday then?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What are you talking about, he's a billionaire scientist with several women vying for his affection. That's what makes him so relatable!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
But not being married. Nossir, can't relate at all to Spidey aging, marrying, having kids. Just not possible.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

What are you talking about, he's a billionaire scientist with several women vying for his affection. That's what makes him so relatable!

What are the odds on him making a deal with the devil and losing everything to save Aunt May?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Is she still slive? I seem to recall reading an issue of SM as a kid in the ealry 80's and im sure Pete was dealing with her death in it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she's still alive and spent some time as a supporting character in howard the duck.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Aunt May is never going to die because that'd mean Peter magically becomes UNRELATABLE and BAD. Change is bad and scary, deliver us from character development, great saint Quesada

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Is she still slive? I seem to recall reading an issue of SM as a kid in the ealry 80's and im sure Pete was dealing with her death in it.

That was the time Mysterio faked her death so he and the burglar who killed Uncle Ben could get their hands on the treasure buried in the Parker house.

I am not making that up.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

That was the time Mysterio faked her death so he and the burglar who killed Uncle Ben could get their hands on the treasure buried in the Parker house.

I am not making that up.

The real villain of that story was silverfish.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
So when does Mephisto bind him to Zarathos?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Red posted:

Anybody know where these are from?

Did anyone else think the Namor was going to do a cock pushup?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

smashpro1 posted:

Well now that you say that that's all I can think about.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Push El Burrito posted:

I dunno what country you live in, but here in the United States of Freedom to go into crippling consumer debt, getting a credit card is as difficult as filling out some paperwork for a free t-shirt on a college campus

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

smashpro1 posted:

But how many can he do?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AfroSquirrel posted:

Punches in the dark

It's a victimless crime.

Confused Enormatons
Apr 12, 2007

Gnome de plume posted:

But how many can he do?

Cock pushups?
I guess you can only do one really.
Yeah, one is all you need.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The medical term for what follows is Impacted Rex.

EDIT: Hate to post without a pic, so...

How do you know when you've killed a superhero? Easy.

delfin fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 20, 2017

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

delfin posted:

I love comic book science. Negative ions! Unstable molecules!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Well, the Golden Glider isn't quite as good at Comic Book Science as she thinks.

YOU NEVER STOPPED TO THINK

(Flash v1 #303)

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Ah yes, mortal eyes being unable to see astral images, the one small flaw in what was otherwise a brilliant, straightforward plan.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

delfin posted:

Well, the Golden Glider isn't quite as good at Comic Book Science as she thinks.

YOU NEVER STOPPED TO THINK

(Flash v1 #303)

I give Flash a ton of leeway with comic book "science", but what the gently caress.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

I dunno what country you live in, but here in the United States of Freedom to go into crippling consumer debt, getting a credit card is as difficult as filling out some paperwork for a free t-shirt on a college campus

If Spider-Man were created in the 2000s, he would've been bullied online, and had tons of credit card and student loan debt.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Red posted:

If Spider-Man were created in the 2000s, he would've been bullied online, and had tons of credit card and student loan debt.

Please don't dox me.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

I've been posting about Star Trek comics in the the general Star Trek thread on the forums - I think y'all would enjoy it. I think I'll be doing writeups of them for a while yet in the thread. A lot of the images I'm posting could be in this or the Badass thread.

In lieu of crossposting, here's a link to my overview of a few lines of Star Trek comics: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3781992&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=339#post470299692

An image blow-by-blow of DC's Star Trek TOS comic, Issue 1, Volume 2 (from 1989) : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3781992&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=343#post470465752

And Issue 2: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3781992&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=344#post470496137

Hope you like!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

delfin posted:

I was going to joke that the villains plan was "we kill the Flash with a heart attack. Then we jump his ghost and beat the shot out of him!"

Not realising that no, that is better than what their actual plan was. And that the key flaw in it was that humans can't see ghosts rising out of dead bodies lime in cartoons.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Question IRL posted:

I was going to joke that the villains plan was "we kill the Flash with a heart attack. Then we jump his ghost and beat the shot out of him!"

Not realising that no, that is better than what their actual plan was. And that the key flaw in it was that humans can't see ghosts rising out of dead bodies lime in cartoons.
Yeah the plan was a real lemon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

“I would never hit a woman in my life but I’ll shake the poo poo out of her.” - The Flash

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

The Green Lantern one is great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

joehonkie posted:

The Green Lantern one is great.

There's a few good avatars there.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Nice nipple piercing aquaman

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I like that Flash is the party-pooper. Aquaman would've been too easy.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

site posted:

Nice nipple piercing aquaman

I think those are seashell pasties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The future of game shows.