Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I tried out Egg Inc because you guys sold me on it. Pretty fun, and my kids like spawning chickens and swatting drones with me, but I've made it to Tachyon and I think the grind might be too much. I don't feel like prestiging dozens of times just to play a few more egg types. It's a shame there isn't just a liiiitle more depth...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

FistEnergy posted:

I tried out Egg Inc because you guys sold me on it. Pretty fun, and my kids like spawning chickens and swatting drones with me, but I've made it to Tachyon and I think the grind might be too much. I don't feel like prestiging dozens of times just to play a few more egg types. It's a shame there isn't just a liiiitle more depth...

Yeah, I'm here too, but I'm also waiting on that "House 50 million chickens" quest, so while I've gotten my 9.4 nonillion-worth farm, I can't upgrade my egg yet because I'm 5 million away from completing the drat quest. :argh:

Here's one thing I don't get, maybe someone can help me with it; when I try and hatch a poo poo ton of chickens and they walk to their respective hen houses, why isn't my chicken hatching rate increasing? It really doesn't seem like the rate is going up that much at all, unless I do specific research related to (internal) hatch rate. (EDIT: vvv thanks!)

This is by far the most involved I've ever gotten in an idler/clicker game :negative:

On the flipside, my soul egg count is suuuper high for my next prestige :toot:

I'm wasting my life.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 18, 2017

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
You don't need to prestige a lot. I've done it ~10 times and am up to the second-to-last egg (discovered, not unlocked). I do have access to trophies which makes things easier. Keep in mind soul eggs give you such a large bonus that you'll be able to skip many egg types as you move up to your previous level. On the other hand, skipping is a bad move if you plan on eventually cracking open the piggy bank.

You can focus on missions for a while instead of going for the next upgrade.

If you - or your kids - are hands-on, increase your farm value as much as you can (buying new housings even if you don't need them) so drones, boxes and ads are worth more. A few beefed-up elite drones can really speed things up.
If you're hands-off, consider buying the silo upgrade. Couple that with a few choice epic research (video doubler thing, internal hatchery) and you'll progress pretty fast in your downtime.

edit: ^^^^ manual fabrication of chickens is only worth it for the multiplier, the actual number of chickens produced pales compared to the massive spontaneous generation occurring in your housings. The stats only reflect this internal sorcery. ^^^^

seravid fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 18, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

GodspeedSphere posted:

Any tips on Battlevoid: Harbinger? It's just not clicking for me. I can play the gently caress duck and dodge game until I have enough cash to arm my ship up decently well, so I think I understand the fundamentals.
I like it but the early ships blow. I'm up to level 5, when do I get another multipurpose ship that doesn't suck?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The strategy I've had most success with in Battlevoid is just carriers + long range weapons.

For the starting load out get the Laser Cannon and Plasma bomber. After a few jumps you should get enough scrap for point defense (I prefer the laser) and a missile launcher for your second weapons slot. Upgrade your bomber's squad size and burst ASAP. Once you have the scrap for it you can start buying other carriers (get laser drones and then more plasma bombers). Once you unlock the carrier that can carry two squads of ships you can start thinking about getting the shield and hull repair drones to make your ships even harder to kill.

As long as you don't jump directly next to an enemy ship(or they don't jump right next to you) they have to fly through a barrage of plasma bombs, laser fire and missiles. Just keep your distance and let your long range weapons and bombers do the work.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I've never really played it but a friend is looking for android games similar to the keflings games on xbox live. Anyone have any recommendations? Regular little city builders don't seem to cut it.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

I played SIM and the ending let me pretty underwhelmed. The cult guy or w/e made me choose who to kill and I decided I wouldn't make a choice. The phone or IRIS chose to kill Faith and then basically told me how disappointed it was in me for hesitating. The cult guy said welcome and then the game was over I guess? It took me to the website and the next time I opened the app it acted like it was a new game.

So was that the end? Are there multiple endings? It was pretty good up until that point.

Rumor has it that SIM is just part one, and there's an expanded version/part 2 coming out sometime this year.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, moments after getting the 50 million chickens quest out of the way, and subsequently auto-completing a few other quests, I'm hit with a 150 million chicken quest.

Yeah, I think I'm done :negative:

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, moments after getting the 50 million chickens quest out of the way, and subsequently auto-completing a few other quests, I'm hit with a 150 million chicken quest.

Yeah, I think I'm done :negative:

I mean, this is very much a game you should shut down and just come back for two clicks a few times a day (so your internal hatcheries can do their thing). You're gonna have to hatch a lot more chickens than that. Late game: to complete everything you need to have a 250 million farm for each egg.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Dancer posted:

I mean, this is very much a game you should shut down and just come back for two clicks a few times a day (so your internal hatcheries can do their thing). You're gonna have to hatch a lot more chickens than that. Late game: to complete everything you need to have a 250 million farm for each egg.

I don't understand this, is it a multi part quest? That sounds not fun, considering I still find the base game fun.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

I don't understand this, is it a multi part quest? That sounds not fun, considering I still find the base game fun.

It's what you get when there are no more quests (there are separate trackers for the multiple parts).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Dancer posted:

It's what you get when there are no more quests (there are separate trackers for the multiple parts).

Ah, ok. Well, I just looked up all the quests, and I can't say I have any motivation to go any further. Not even casually, like the whole 'check it once in a while' thing, such a steep climb to the next goalpost kills it for me.

Time for Harbinger!

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Y'all aren't missing much re: Super Mario Run. It's a shallow runner with mechanics that feel just off enough from Mario games to feel bizarre.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Definitely not worth $10 to open up the rest of the game either.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Ah, ok. Well, I just looked up all the quests, and I can't say I have any motivation to go any further. Not even casually, like the whole 'check it once in a while' thing, such a steep climb to the next goalpost kills it for me.

Time for Harbinger!

FWIW, a fully upgraded internal hatchery produces 40 million chickens per 24h.

Late game you're very much expected to use time warp. Missions (not trophies) give you around 8k golden eggs total and the piggy bank is fairly well priced once it's up to a few tens of thousands.

But if you're out, you're out. I only came back now after a few months not playing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

seravid posted:

FWIW, a fully upgraded internal hatchery produces 40 million chickens per 24h.

Late game you're very much expected to use time warp. Missions (not trophies) give you around 8k golden eggs total and the piggy bank is fairly well priced once it's up to a few tens of thousands.

But if you're out, you're out. I only came back now after a few months not playing.

I'll keep that in mind, though I don't know what trophies are, with regards to this game I mean.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I'll keep that in mind, though I don't know what trophies are, with regards to this game I mean.

Once you finish all the normal missions it swaps to a trophy system where you are rewarded (usually soul eggs) for having 10/50/250 million chickens for each farm. It's a pretty hands off process at that point. You check in, buy a few upgrades, put it aside for the rest of the day and just wait for the numbers to go up.

They also had a quest system for a while there through google play services, but apparently they gave up on that a while back. It's been showing the same two finished quests in there for months.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Bob understated it, trophies give you megabucks: up to millions of soul eggs and somewhere around 50k golden eggs. Some of them are whales-only, but many should be easy enough to obtain.

It's a neat end-game system, even if the superficial gameplay doesn't allow for much (or any) creativity in its objectives. The best part is the enormous trophy shelf (taller than a truck!) facing the road so all your employees can see how obscenely rich you've become selling painted "magical" eggs to chumps.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

seravid posted:

Bob understated it, trophies give you megabucks: up to millions of soul eggs and somewhere around 50k golden eggs. Some of them are whales-only, but many should be easy enough to obtain.

It's a neat end-game system, even if the superficial gameplay doesn't allow for much (or any) creativity in its objectives. The best part is the enormous trophy shelf (taller than a truck!) facing the road so all your employees can see how obscenely rich you've become selling painted "magical" eggs to chumps.

Ok, this trophy thing has me more interested than I was before. Sucks that every 2.5 hours or so (I put some research on it) , I have to reload my silos. I'm not dropping money on this clicker game that I'm almost through with, that's for sure.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I haven't spent money on it either, but I don't think it's that absurd. Yeah, it's a game without most of the game part, but it's still enjoyable at some level so I wouldn't have a problem rewarding the devs. The silo upgrade is definitely too expensive, but the piggy bank isn't (silos can go up to 4 hours with research).

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Ok, this trophy thing has me more interested than I was before. Sucks that every 2.5 hours or so (I put some research on it) , I have to reload my silos. I'm not dropping money on this clicker game that I'm almost through with, that's for sure.

I spend the $3 or whatever it was in google funny-money on unlocking all the silos and feel just fine. You get plenty of golden eggs from random stuff so you don't need to spend money on those.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

uPen posted:

I spend the $3 or whatever it was in google funny-money on unlocking all the silos and feel just fine. You get plenty of golden eggs from random stuff so you don't need to spend money on those.

The silo upgrade, up here in the great white north, is almost $7. Piggy bank is around $3.50.

poo poo, both of you guys got me thinking of maybe picking up the piggy bank, to at least help the devs. I mean, I have been hopelessly addicted to this loving game for probably 4 weeks now, so good on them, I suppose.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
If you're going for the late game, look through my recent posts in this thread. I made a small effortpost on which epic upgrades are worth it and not.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

It's close to 7$ for me too (Europe).

Dancer posted:

If you're going for the late game, look through my recent posts in this thread. I made a small effortpost on which epic upgrades are worth it and not.

Hold to hatch crucial :crossarms:

I also disagree with your ranking of soul food. Along with internal hatcheries, it's the most valuable upgrade.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Anyone else playing PostKnight? Fun little side scroller with loot collection tacked on.

nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Apparently I was supposed to put something here.
Fun Shoe
I am! I'm not very far but I'm enjoying it.

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015

m.hache posted:

Anyone else playing PostKnight? Fun little side scroller with loot collection tacked on.

That looks like my cup of tea. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

nerdpony posted:

I am! I'm not very far but I'm enjoying it.

I'm not quite sure what to spend my gems on yet, but I would guess probably late game item acquisition?

From what I can tell so far you should hit up the merchant and buy the mats you need to get the equipment they sell. I guess they sell certain pieces to the sets you can collect.

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015
What's the stat priority? I've been dumping points into STR...

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

m.hache posted:

this is not a side scroller lol

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

this is not a side scroller lol

And what would you call it? You scroll from left to right to an objective.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Genres are dumb. Especially when they're overly broad.

Postknight on the other hand is fun. It's not super deep but there's no egregious advertising and there's some (but not a lot) of depth to the game play with gear and skill choices. And you can play it in short chunks, which can be handy for a mobile game.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

m.hache posted:

its an idle game, fundamentally. at least that's what it was for the 15 minutes i played it

and while im not a doctorate of gaming or w/e, ive always 100% heard of and associated the term "side scroller" with 2d platform games where the player controls character movement. this isn't a platform game and you don't hardly control the character at all, so for me it fails that classification soundly

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Sockmafia posted:

What's the stat priority? I've been dumping points into STR...

Like any good RPG, leveling INT since it increases experience gain apparently.

Also the game has way too many "free video" incentives.

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism

m.hache posted:

Reddit suggests agi>str>>>>int>vit.

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015

the auschwitz diet posted:

I'm reading conflicting information. Some 'guides' say str>vit>>>agi/int is the way to go which was my initial uninformed guess.

EDIT: poo poo, another 'guide' is saying to distribute stat points evenly. I'll just keep guessing for the time being.

Sockmafia fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 21, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

the auschwitz diet posted:

Yup, the Flitter set lets you basically ride evasion/crit and not give a gently caress. It heals you for the full damage of what the attack would've done every time you dodge when you get the helmet to 5-stars.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kyrosiris posted:

Yup, the Flitter set lets you basically ride evasion/crit and not give a gently caress. It heals you for the full damage of what the attack would've done every time you dodge when you get the helmet to 5-stars.

Nice. So stats into STR/VIT to start then respec when you get the flitter set.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

m.hache posted:

Nice. So stats into STR/VIT to start then respec when you get the flitter set.

Yeah, I have like 15 points into Vit and it's just enough to make the third area doable, and I'm reorienting it into even more Dex once I finish my Flitter set and get the hat to 5* (I'm at 35/40/4/15 right now, I'll redo it to 40/X/4/1 once I've got it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Double checking to see if PPSSPP is still the de facto PSP emulator for Android. Do the alternatives on the Google Play Store offer anything better aside from new, wonderful advertisements?