Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Nephzinho posted:

Wouldn't you still be required to sit there for hours messing with the clock and rerolling even in that case? The OoT/8 bit/WW Link armor is pretty much the same as the *of the wild set, but I would actually kind of like to get the Deity poo poo and was just hoping it would be in DLC down the road instead of amiibo only.

Diety gear is just barb armor that's harder to upgrade. The sword is the most disappointing as it does nothing special no beams or anythong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I killed some game with a frost spear and it gave me frozen meat, which has different properties than regular meat.

loving what? That's insane. Please tell me killing them with a fire weapon drops cooked meat.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

strap on revenge posted:

does anyone know where the rock is for this one

can not find it to save my life

If you're still looking, it's uphill a bit near a tree. I just got it about an hour ago myself.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The wind dungeon was a bit of a let down and way too easy. Not even sure what I was doing in the 2nd phase. Said gently caress it and shot him in the face with bomb arrows and bashed his head in.

1 to go. GoTY. Easily.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

IcePhoenix posted:

I killed some game with a frost spear and it gave me frozen meat, which has different properties than regular meat.

loving what? That's insane. Please tell me killing them with a fire weapon drops cooked meat.

Yes. Destroying barrels and boxes with a flame weapon cooks and bakes the food items. Dropping things on the ground in Death Mountain cooks them. Dropping things on the ground in snowy area freezes them. I don't think it's possibly to unfreeze something though, which is lame.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Yes. Destroying barrels and boxes with a flame weapon cooks and bakes the food items. Dropping things on the ground in Death Mountain cooks them. Dropping things on the ground in snowy area freezes them. I don't think it's possibly to unfreeze something though, which is lame.

I find it weird when I catch a fish in a frozen region and it comes out of the water frozen.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Fhqwhgads posted:

Does anyone actually use the elemental wands as weapons? I've been carrying them around thinking they're important, but I've only been using them to transform chu jelly and got some use out of an ice rod during the Goron shrine runup (all the fire lizalfos archers basically disappear on a swing of the ice rod).

If I have a slot free, I'll pick one up and go find a monster camp to rain down chaos on. Some of the fireball ones are fun because they let loose a bouncing, crazy ball that lights everything on fire.

They're good disposable gently caress-around weapons.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Norns posted:

I beat a camp of guys to death with a magnetic box. Zelda is pretty good

Trine is pretty cool yeah

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Mega64 posted:

An NPC in one of the stables (I think Outskirts Stable, to the northwest of Lake Hylia near the Coliseum) will buy Raw Gourmet Meat for 100 rupees each. He only buys a max of three per in-game day but since it's at a stable it's pretty trivial to move forward, or just stop by occasionally while doing other stuff.

There's a Hylian woman in the Rito town on her honeymoon who will pay 100 rupees for single roast apples.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
She just pays that for the first one. After that it's like 10 rupees.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Modus Pwnens posted:

She just pays that for the first one. After that it's like 10 rupees.

She pays more the more you give her at once, never tested it though.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

I find it weird when I catch a fish in a frozen region and it comes out of the water frozen.

Well obviously the physics of these things isn't particularly realistic in Zelda, but a small wet object does freeze pretty dang fast in a very cold weather IRL.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Do the set bonuses also improve at Lvl 3 and 4?

Also, the game seems to be scaling as I get more heart/stamina containers. I rarely run into any non-black or silver bokoblins anymore and every stalfos is a Moblin or Lizalfos wielding dragonbone or greater weapons. That's fine (it keeps things interesting and it replenishes my weapon stock) but unless I go back to the Plateau, I never see any low-level enemies anymore.

Going to add the chorus of praises about the game. I'm 3 Divine Beasts down, about 75 shrines and 100 or so Korok Seeds in. Still have a great fairy to get, a lot of armor to upgrade, and two memories (the one in the forest has very few distinguishing marks on it) but this is by far the most fun I've had in a game in a long time. I still haven't laid on eyes on about 1/3 of the map let alone set foot on it. GOTY by far and easily the best game I've played in 10+ years.

Oh. My kids were watching not long after I got off the Plateau and the whole world was still fresh and mysterious. I hadn't spoiled myself yet so I'm gliding across lake Hylia and there's Farosh flying in the sky. I didn't even know there were dragons in the game and there he was, 500 feet long and throwing lightning orbs all over. I tried getting across the lake with Cryosis and he went 10 feet over my head. My kids were going nuts and truth be told, so was I. We sat there silent, somewhat in awe and disbelief, for about 5 minutes as he did his circuit around the lake. Rarely does a game have "magic" like that for me anymore but this game has had dozens of moments already and I'm not even done yet. There are games with good stories and games with beautiful graphics but the games that are truly memorable are the ones that turn you back into a awestruck child, even if only for a moment. Kudos to the Devs for making me feel 8 again. :3:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Fhqwhgads posted:

Does anyone actually use the elemental wands as weapons? I've been carrying them around thinking they're important, but I've only been using them to transform chu jelly and got some use out of an ice rod during the Goron shrine runup (all the fire lizalfos archers basically disappear on a swing of the ice rod).

Blizzard Rods are amazing for mass freezing, especially since they are very easily replenishable as there's always a Blizzrobe near the Shrine on Hebra Mountain. The AOE on those things is huge; a single swing is often enough to ice over an entire camp of enemies. Great for crowd control, since enemies stay frozen for a surprisingly long time, and great for murder because hitting frozen enemies counts as a critical hit dealing double damage, so properly using a Blizzard Rod can actually make your entire arsenal more efficient. Carrying a Blizzard Rod at all times has turned enemy camps of any size into a complete joke for me.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I tried to progress fairly quickly and have unlocked all of two regions of the map so far. This game is huge. I'm looking though my side quest backlog and realising that I'll probably actually do them all next, putting off expanding to a third region.

Will be playing this game forever it seems.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Ran around for like 15 minutes trying to figure out what the gently caress the Sheikah Sensor was reacting to, then realized... the shrine is underground :pusheen:

for all the dumb korok puzzles or treasure chest rewards or whatever, all these really unique challenges nintendo throws in off the beaten path that aren't even mentioned in questlines really make exploring a treat

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This game is pretty awesome but the weapon durability is insanely lame and I would kill for just a basic dodge roll.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I found my kryptonite, which is about 4-5 bokoblins with spears. It always draws my guard down and then bam I'm being spammed to death with stab wounds.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Finally did the Tarrey Town questline after eighty or so hours of gameplay. That was a great one.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

This game is pretty awesome but the weapon durability is insanely lame and I would kill for just a basic dodge roll.

there is a dodge button though??

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Blizzard rod is one of the best items in the game. Creates a massive freezing AOE that can disable entire groups of enemies for a long period of time.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
all the girls want link, it's so unfair :qq:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Is there some bug with blood moon happening when the giant dragons spawn? It happens days in a row... and when it does the creature keeps disappearing. So annoying.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

romanowski posted:

there is a dodge button though??

What is it?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

katkillad2 posted:

Is there some bug with blood moon happening when the giant dragons spawn? It happens days in a row... and when it does the creature keeps disappearing. So annoying.

Yeah it's a bug. Seems you can temporarily fix it by saving and quitting the game and restarting it and you're good until the next time it happens.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Jump+back or jump+side while locked on.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Kurtofan posted:

Link is a timeless mega-hotty in Hyrule. Everybody wants to get in on what he's got going on.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kurtofan posted:

Link being hot is officially canon.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The game is balanced around small movements being important. The hitboxes on attacks are super precise. Its weird not having a dodge-roll button at first but once I got used to it I enjoyed it a lot.

EDIT: This game is hilarious

https://clips.twitch.tv/FantasticDreamySnoodDoubleRainbow

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 19, 2017

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Kurtofan posted:

the inn keeper at hateno village doesnt

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

DoctorWhat posted:

Jump+back or jump+side while locked on.

Sweet thanks.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just did a quest were I had to carry a macguffin up a hill with rolling boulders and tons of Moblins all over.

I said "How am I supposed to do this?"

And my THREE YEAR OLD chimes in and says "Maybe you're supposed to wear the Moblin mask". And it worked! I was so freaking proud.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Internet Kraken posted:

The game is balanced around small movements being important. The hitboxes on attacks are super precise. Its weird not having a dodge-roll button at first but once I got used to it I enjoyed it a lot.

EDIT: This game is hilarious

https://clips.twitch.tv/FantasticDreamySnoodDoubleRainbow

I can confirm that if you're frozen while gliding above Mt Lanaryu, it's possible to burn Mipha's Grace, two fairies and still die by the time you reach the foot of the mountain.

loving dragon.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nephzinho posted:

Wouldn't you still be required to sit there for hours messing with the clock and rerolling even in that case? The OoT/8 bit/WW Link armor is pretty much the same as the *of the wild set, but I would actually kind of like to get the Deity poo poo and was just hoping it would be in DLC down the road instead of amiibo only.

Minutes, yes. Hours? no.

It makes me sad that people who are spoofing have access to DLC that people who pay nintendo money don't even have yet. I guess that's how it goes. Nintendo put out the new fierce diety amiibo already I want that poo poo!

Mega64 posted:

Link being hot is officially canon.

And has been for years, see OOT

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone know how to get the chest in Ree Dahee shrine? It's the one where you have to fling th balls into the dish type areas to activate the elevators. I thought it had something to do with the barrels but I can't jump on top of them so I got nothin

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
Ancient arrows! *electric guitar*

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Anyone know how to get the chest in Ree Dahee shrine? It's the one where you have to fling th balls into the dish type areas to activate the elevators. I thought it had something to do with the barrels but I can't jump on top of them so I got nothin

You can put the button in stasis.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

What happens if you fight the final boss without ever registering a horse?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Motto posted:

Well considering that the speedruns don't register a horse and they still have one during the fight, nothing, you just get a horse. But they do tame one, and I'm unsure if anything changes if you never tame a horse. You're probably just given a random horse though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Motto posted:

You ride Sidon piggyback