Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Someday I will get to unironically post "RIP RIP Pisscast"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xmaspast
Aug 18, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

I was under the impression she had no say or leverage in the role she played in the company during her time there. That isn't exactly uncommon a situation. If I was completely off the mark with that, I apologize completely and retract my original statement.

While I'm sure Maria didn't exactly have a ton of say in how she was used, they used her basically the way every other company uses Maria ever. Hot wife of a mediocre wrestler who helps him win matches by being hot is kind of her thing. That's not to pass judgment on the morality of that role, or whether using her that way is appropriate, but it's hard to say that NJPW used her all that differently or worse than anyone else does.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Every other company except WWE, who decided that the ideal use for her was as a woman so stupid and naive that she may actually have had a mental disability.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
No.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Gaz-L posted:

Every other company except WWE, who decided that the ideal use for her was as a woman so stupid and naive that she may actually have had a mental disability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5FnCjJl014&t=1210s

:colbert:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
5 minutes into the new WOR and Dave is already going to get a lot of trouble for what he's saying about the Paige stuff.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

5 minutes into the new WOR and Dave is already going to get a lot of trouble for what he's saying about the Paige stuff.

It took me so long to remember that Hulk Hogan also had a sex tape.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

PaybackJack posted:

How so? I listened and didn't pick up on anything

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

ICHIBAHN posted:

How so? I listened and didn't pick up on anything

There was a bit of victim blaming. He wasn't intentionally doing it, and it was kind of partially that he thought her phone was stolen rather than hacked, but I would be surprised it he didn't get some heat for the way he was presenting his argument.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

PaybackJack posted:

There was a bit of victim blaming. He wasn't intentionally doing it, and it was kind of partially that he thought her phone was stolen rather than hacked, but I would be surprised it he didn't get some heat for the way he was presenting his argument.

I think he was more trying to explain the perspective the company might have.

At any rate, I thought it was Brad Maddox's poo poo that got hacked, not Paige's? I'm so out of the loop on the internet bone zone leak.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

PaybackJack posted:

Uh oh he might have weird losers tweeting at him now

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Tell me what Bryan said about Hero

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Tell me what Bryan said about Hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

VJeff posted:

I think he was more trying to explain the perspective the company might have.

At any rate, I thought it was Brad Maddox's poo poo that got hacked, not Paige's? I'm so out of the loop on the internet bone zone leak.

Dave and Bryan were saying her stuff was stolen which we know is not the case so they had bad info there.

I also get what Dave was doing, but he has some vocal detractors out there who love to jump on him. Rovert for example has already got something about it on his twitter.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rovert's been pissy since he used to troll The Board and got banned on a Bryan and Vinny episode.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

whiteyfats posted:

Rovert's been pissy since he used to troll The Board and got banned on a Bryan and Vinny episode.

oh man got a link to the episode?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't remember which one exactly. :saddowns:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it was abundantly clear that neither dave nor bryan actually understand what happened so all of their comments should be viewed through the lens of not understand The Cloud

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

oatgan posted:

it was abundantly clear that neither dave nor bryan actually understand what happened so all of their comments should be viewed through the lens of not understand The Cloud

people pay for this lol

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

PaybackJack posted:

Dave and Bryan were saying her stuff was stolen which we know is not the case so they had bad info there.

I also get what Dave was doing, but he has some vocal detractors out there who love to jump on him. Rovert for example has already got something about it on his twitter.

I've banned several times there. Was kind of the thing you did back then. It was a troll board.

I only jump on Dave for bad reporting. Like him and Bryan telling people to google Paige's images, reporting Ivelisse's pregnancy a few weeks in without her permission etc. Little things like that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Spermgod posted:

people pay for this lol

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/843408095229460480

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave's unending, unstoppable stream of consciousness is one of the many reasons I continue to subscribe to their site :swoon:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave is so anti-sex tape leakage that I think there's a hunky muscle bound mullet sex tape in a shed somewhere.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Well, uh, Manami Toyota, yeah

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MassRafTer posted:

Dave is so anti-sex tape leakage that I think there's a hunky muscle bound mullet sex tape in a shed somewhere.

He's just wearing his leather jacket and a smile.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MassRafTer posted:

After his death a box of plugged in, sparking surge protectors covers a wood panel which contains hundreds of broken CRT monitors, each containing sex tapes inside of him with Japanese wrestlers. Not hidden there out of shame, but because the tape trading scene died out.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

I've banned several times there. Was kind of the thing you did back then. It was a troll board.

I only jump on Dave for bad reporting. Like him and Bryan telling people to google Paige's images, reporting Ivelisse's pregnancy a few weeks in without her permission etc. Little things like that.

You mean poo poo like tipping people off about a private wedding someone wanted to keep private?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I remember that episode. Bryan is so pissed off he bitches about Rovert for like fifteen minutes before the episode proper.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

sportsgenius86 posted:

You mean poo poo like tipping people off about a private wedding someone wanted to keep private?

Dave'd have to be a real jackass to do something like that.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

rovert posted:

I only jump on Dave for bad reporting.

I hope someday you get an award for your tireless efforts to police the prowrestling media. Truly the Lord's work right here.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

algebra testes posted:

I remember that episode. Bryan is so pissed off he bitches about Rovert for like fifteen minutes before the episode proper.

Is there audio of this?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

algebra testes posted:

Please somebody tell me they know what episode this is.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Well it is probably 5 years ago at that point. So that limits it somewhat, or not.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

dsriggs posted:

Dave'd have to be a real jackass to do something like that.

That isn't what happened but run this idea into the ground for the second time in a week.

PaybackJack posted:

I hope someday you get an award for your tireless efforts to police the prowrestling media. Truly the Lord's work right here.

Sorry but if gets as easily worked by Matt Hardy on the length of the ROH deal I am going to comment on that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

algebra testes posted:

Well it is probably 5 years ago at that point. So that limits it somewhat, or not.

Pre-merger I think too when Alvarez used to troll his own board. Odd that this is the counter attack for me saying Meltzer does a sloppy/inconsistent job journalistically. Rather than say defending how he reported something.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Him thinking it was stolen was pretty dumb but hopefully he will correct/retract when he's not all hepped up on PWG.

Trying to create a narrative that his main opinion is "It's a bad situation, feel bad for Paige, not sure what WWE will do but if they punish her and not Xavier/bring back Hogan it's a bad look."

All while avoiding the details of the tape. He was wrong about a key detail but the handling of the story was rather good until Bryan said to google it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Him thinking it was stolen was pretty dumb but hopefully he will correct/retract when he's not all hepped up on PWG.

Trying to create a narrative that his main opinion is "It's a bad situation, feel bad for Paige, not sure what WWE will do but if they punish her and not Xavier/bring back Hogan it's a bad look."

All while avoiding the details of the tape. He was wrong about a key detail but the handling of the story was rather good until Bryan said to google it.

But me, Ichiban and the gang trolled the dumber posters on F4W ten years ago so that absolves Meltzer of "winging it" on the Paige deal.

Also let's wait for how long it takes Meltzer to report a Delirious friendly report about New Japan pulling talent from ROH's Wrestlemania weekend shows and the details why.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I started it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

But me, Ichiban and the gang trolled the dumber posters on F4W ten years ago so that absolves Meltzer of "winging it" on the Paige deal.

Also let's wait for how long it takes Meltzer to report a Delirious friendly report about New Japan pulling talent from ROH's Wrestlemania weekend shows and the details why.

Actually all of it owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

rovert posted:

Were the Sharks and the Jets there too?

• Locked thread