Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I've done about everything in Zelda I care to except the castle. I don't want it to end though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Bombadilillo posted:

I've done about everything in Zelda I care to except the castle. I don't want it to end though...

Collect the drat korok seeds. Do it now :)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

InFlames235 posted:

Collect the drat korok seeds. Do it now :)

Found we naturally. I am aware of just how d amn many there are. Not happening. Thats literally what I was referring to when I did all "I care to"

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Nolgthorn posted:

Doesn't Chromecast tie up your computer

No.

You can cast to it from a smartphone.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Bombadilillo posted:

Found we naturally. I am aware of just how d amn many there are. Not happening. Thats literally what I was referring to when I did all "I care to"

Ya there's no way I'm doing that either. Is there any armor for you to upgrade? Have you done or want to do all the shrines? The story honestly feels really fast without all the side stuff. It took no time at all to do half of the "dungeons" in the game :(. Most of the time is getting from point A to point B and all the side missions rly. This might be the best Zelda I've ever played but I just wish the story could be 100+ hours because I'm greedy.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

InFlames235 posted:

Ya there's no way I'm doing that either. Is there any armor for you to upgrade? Have you done or want to do all the shrines? The story honestly feels really fast without all the side stuff. It took no time at all to do half of the "dungeons" in the game :(. Most of the time is getting from point A to point B and all the side missions rly. This might be the best Zelda I've ever played but I just wish the story could be 100+ hours because I'm greedy.

I know when I beat it I won't touch it until dlc.

I got a defensive armor fully upgraded. Offensive totally upgraded. I'm not grinding to get heat armor better or any of that.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
This console kinda reminds me of when I first got my N64 and only had Goldeneye for 4 months between xmas and my birthday and I grinded out as many cheats/unlocks as I could (got all but invincibility and 1 other). With the release schedule on this console, I may try to get as many seeds and I can and grind out more in Zelda. Maybe not all 900, but enough to max out what they are good for (not trying to spoil anything, but it is over 1/2).

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

FireMrshlBill posted:

Mostly, as the redesigned DS4's that came with the Pro and slim have smaller light bars and have 3 extra hours of battery life or so. It also does audio and has much stronger rumble (something people turned off and added hours of battery life to DS4's). Also, I think it keeps the gyro on full time, where I notice with my Switch pro controller that when I do motion aiming in Zelda, I kind of have to give it a little bump/jerk to get the gyro aiming active, so it isn't as quick/smooth since I had to go so far left/right just for it to register than I am motion aiming.

On top of that, undersized battery in the DS4.

It's still what, six hours versus the prontroller's 50 and it has the hd rumble thing going on for it and the nfc sensor and the ps4's controller audio is the most aggravating thing ever and I'd be surprised if there isn't a person alive who doesn't turn it off immediately
And I've never had issues with the gyro aiming on the thing to activate

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I wish I could get the pro controller.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How long before someone just makes a snap-on "dock" that just connects to the USB C on the Switch and has the ports of the dock on them? I mean, Nintendo should release something like this because the dock is poo poo and pointless. I wouldn't mind a bit of more bulk to my Switch to have the dock "built-in."

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I wish I could get the pro controller.

You don't want it. It's too ergonomic and comfortable, all of the buttons have just the right amount of tactile feedback, the battery lasts so long there isn't even a battery indicator, it's probably the best controller I've ever had.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Nolgthorn posted:

You don't want it. It's too ergonomic and comfortable, all of the buttons have just the right amount of tactile feedback, the battery lasts so long there isn't even a battery indicator, it's probably the best controller I've ever had.

But that's why I want it. I actively hate the DS4 and its shite battery

Shits sold out. I got a switch for the original price, but the controller? No way

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

You want a good battery? And all of that other stuff, blah. I'd just send you mine unfortunately I'm too stupid to be able to use the mail.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Nolgthorn posted:

Doesn't Chromecast tie up your computer

Only if you screencast or tabcast, which you shouldn't do because it's dumb and works like poo poo. If you're just hitting the Chromecast button on your phone's Netflix app or whatever, the Chromecast is being told "play this Netflix video with this username and password" and it does the rest.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What's the recommended portable charger and usb c cable that will cause my switch to not conflagrate
Could this information be put in the op

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Calaveron posted:

What's the recommended portable charger and usb c cable that will cause my switch to not conflagrate

Why does it seem like the Switch needs a huge wall wart, but as soon as it's portable people just plug in whatever USB-c that's available

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Calaveron posted:

The easiest but pricey option would be to get a replacement cable/charger that Apple laptops use. You'll pay extra, but you're guaranteed not to worry about lovely manufacturing melting the power brick or charging slowly.

For anything cheaper, make sure to check the cables and devices approved by that one guy from Google, but keep in mind that the Switch's dock uses a 31W charger and a bunch of the wall warts out there only go up to around 15W and so will charge slowly.

Roadie fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 19, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I mean I assume I can use the procontroller's cable to charge but what about a wallwart or portable charger

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Calaveron posted:

I mean I assume I can use the procontroller's cable to charge but what about a wallwart or portable charger

Yep, Pro controller's cable is fine. I use that plugged into my work computer when I'm working and it seems to charge at an OK pace.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

parallelodad posted:

Of course it will, but get a Roku or Fire TV or Chromecast. They're cheap, and better than literally any consoles streaming services.

$20 brand new Roku deal here:

https://slickdeals.net/f/9883208-roku-express-streaming-media-player-19-99-kohl-s#comments

Other retailers will price match that. I had a $10 off Kohls mailer I was able to use, and scored it for $10 and some change, which is a mega deal.

Went to the swap meet today, and repurposed some 50 cent thingies to be Switch travel bags now

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Calaveron posted:

Cables are pretty simple as long as you stick to ones approved by that Google guy or similar technical experts, since you don't care about data transfer, just that it has the proper power wiring.

For other chargers, the main catch is that the Switch uses 31W and laptop manufacturers are the only other people who have really put that much power across USB-C, so there's only a couple of other chargers that go above 15W.

Edit: NEVER NEVER NEVER buy a random USB-C cable or charger or power bank off Amazon or anywhere else if you haven't seen it go through technical testing by somebody. Some of them, including by brand names like Anker and RAV Power, are so badly made that they will :supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:literally short circuit and catch fire:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn: if you plug a device like a Switch or laptop into them.

Roadie fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 19, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I just bought an AC adapter for my go bag because gently caress putting this much work into not burning down the house.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

enojy posted:

I don't think it's a definite thing, because I've been to the womb like a dozen times already and haven't noticed a single frame drop yet.

I've seen frequent slowdowns with Azazel/Brimstone + Tammy Head combos, and one particularly egregious run involving Toxic Shock. The slowdown can definitely happen with certain item/room combos.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I've seen frequent slowdowns with Azazel/Brimstone + Tammy Head combos, and one particularly egregious run involving Toxic Shock. The slowdown can definitely happen with certain item/room combos.

I just had an Eve run with a dozen fly buddies, 5 familiars (incl Brimstone), crazy rate of fire on pulsing tears, and made it through mom's heart without slowdown. I haven't unlcoked Azazel yet, even though I'm pretty sure I've had multiple runs that met the criteria, but will try him out as he seems to be the hero present in the handful of slowdown complaints.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Yeah the only time I seen slowdown is when there is a ton of tears on screen. If it filling up the screen, then it generally causes lag, otherwise the game runs great. I imagine this can be fixed soon, but it a annoyance that won't get in the way of playing the game right now.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Hear me out here... Tecmo Bowl HD. Same play style as the NES. But modern graphics.

This was the first thing I thought of when I saw the announcement back in February. It's perfect for the Switch. A Virtual Console release would be okay but I'd rather have a new game with made up names than the NES ROM with all of the names stripped out.

Sell it as a 2-in-1 cart with Ice Hockey HD and maybe have a 6 Joy-Con mode.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Rirse posted:

Yeah the only time I seen slowdown is when there is a ton of tears on screen. If it filling up the screen, then it generally causes lag, otherwise the game runs great. I imagine this can be fixed soon, but it a annoyance that won't get in the way of playing the game right now.

It's not necessarily "lots of tears", even; I've had a couple of machine gun runs with 0 issue. There's just something with Brimstone and whatever screen filter involved with Toxic Shock especially that seems to slow poo poo way the hell down. It's not frequent enough or problematic enough to kill the enjoyment of the game, so if this is the only issue in a Nicalis game I'll count my blessings.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Calaveron posted:

Nintendo literally sells one. Why do people keep asking this stupid question?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

It's not necessarily "lots of tears", even; I've had a couple of machine gun runs with 0 issue. There's just something with Brimstone and whatever screen filter involved with Toxic Shock especially that seems to slow poo poo way the hell down. It's not frequent enough or problematic enough to kill the enjoyment of the game, so if this is the only issue in a Nicalis game I'll count my blessings.

Yeah I am very surprise it runs so good right now. I keep bringing up the Vita version, but I played that version a lot when it first came out and that was a super rough version. And while Methodis kept saying there was lag in the womb (there isn't), on that version it DID have lag there for sure. And Azrael would cause slowdown even on his small brimestone.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Bill Barber posted:

Nintendo literally sells one. Why do people keep asking this stupid question?

you even get one with each switch that works without the dock!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Ok I think I'm confusing the terms for portable charger and power bank or whatever they're called.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

This guy on reddit has tested some power banks and wall warts, like not just using them but also using equipment to measure exact voltage or whatever. Both banks he recommended are currently sold out, but there's a spreadsheet where he tested a few others and those are available.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

tap my mountain posted:

Windjammers please

sony exclusive

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Stux posted:

sony exclusive

Fine, give us GinWhammers instead.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

TFRazorsaw posted:

Is Madden even a successful franchise anymore? It feels like it's been supplanted by other sportsball series. I'm

it sells like 5-6 million units per year friend

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Doesn't EA still have an exclusive license to the NFL? It feels like I haven't heard anybody talk about football games in years.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Call Me Charlie posted:

Doesn't EA still have an exclusive license to the NFL? It feels like I haven't heard anybody talk about football games in years.

We who camp out for Nintendo Switch Launch Units and agonize over third party participation aren't the target demo.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Yea, and the NCAA games died because people started using their brains to connect the dots between income-generating college sports licensed products and slavery, so Madden is literally the only football game in town.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Call Me Charlie posted:

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bring back Cyberball.

• Locked thread