Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah I'm on Wii U. I'm in the same boat where I just want to quit sometimes because of the controls but the game is so good I can't stop.

I hate when games have special flower control schemes and give people zero options to customize it.

I really don't think this control scheme is all that bad, though. I'm not sure of any better solution for weapon/shield/bow/arrow/rune-swapping, given that putting them all on one ring menu or something would be a nightmare. You really do need separate buttons to bring up each menu. I could see maybe swapping sprint and crouch. Jump on X isn't so bad, and you can move it to B (so it's like games like Horizon) if you want to already.

The confirm/cancel thing fascinates me, because for some reason I have absolutely 0 trouble switching back and forth between Nintendo and Sony/Microsoft control schemes, but as soon as a game where I use a Playstation or Xbox controller uses O for confirm (even though it's in the same place as A on a Nintendo controller) it trips me up. It makes no sense.

I also enjoy the switch in Western games that happened around the time of the Playstation, because we were all used to A (right button) for confirm and B (lower button) for cancel, but as soon as Sony labeled them with a red O and a blue X people got confused in the west and we had to switch it, and now and forever more it's different in the different regions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Augus posted:

you clearly haven't done the shrine with the 6-sided cube with torches on each side that all need to be lit using the motion controls while avoiding the water that is threatening to douse them

No thank you.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Breath of the Wild except Tingle rises from the shrine of resurrection, to face Calamity Ganon

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

For the life of me I cannot find enough Ice Keese.
Since deciding to only get all armor to rank **, it's been way less daunting.
However my neon yellow snow suit needs more frozen bat wings!

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 20, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Speaking of, do you folks dye your armor to clash with their environment?
Fire gear is blue, Zora is red (for Mipha) and Squall is yellow. Though, Barbarian gets red because I like my Link to be hot and bloody.

I'm not dying Ancient because it is already perfect.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

so with the camelblight gannon were you suppose to parry him or dodge him? I would parry him but only get one hit when he was stunned. I guess you could've dodged him and do flurry attacks?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

If you only ever dye one set of armor, it should be the Radiant set. Just trust me on this.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Inzombiac posted:

Speaking of, do you folks dye your armor to clash with their environment?
Fire gear is blue, Zora is red (for Mipha) and Squall is yellow. Though, Barbarian gets red because I like my Link to be hot and bloody.

I'm not dying Ancient because it is already perfect.

I dyed the flamebreaker and ancient armor a nice chrome color

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

a.lo posted:

so with the camelblight gannon were you suppose to parry him or dodge him? I would parry him but only get one hit when he was stunned. I guess you could've dodged him and do flurry attacks?

I just did this yesterday, and my method was to get shocked and drop my shield or get chain hit from the perfectly timed attacks hitting me as soon as I got up for 80% of the fight and then cheesing it with Stasis+ and also just smashing its shield when it blocks over and over until it breaks and I get a couple hits in. Hope this helps!

Also lightning causing you to drop your items is bad game design :bravo:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

a.lo posted:

you can do either

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I wore a purple climber's bandanna/barbarian chest/gerudo pants. It looked very flashy for a barbarian murder king.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I wore the rubber armor for that fight :smug:

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I wear my gerudo outfit all the time

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

For the camel boss I just backflipped out of the attack then beat the poo poo out of the boss until the shield broke and the boss fell down. I just did it with three hearts and I'm pretty bad at the game.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
for the camel boss i just kept shooting arrows at it. even Birdperson could have beaten it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The Great Deku Tree allowed me to cheat death! How can this be!

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
Ancient arrow vs lynel.

:stare:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

The Great Deku Tree allowed me to cheat death! How can this be!

Everybody gets one.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
Shoot, does Kilton reappear anywhere else? Apparently my photo isn't good enough to count, and now he's not appearing at night by skull lake.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Oxxidation posted:

Everybody gets one.

Hyrule Castle is under attack!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

squidgee posted:

Shoot, does Kilton reappear anywhere else? Apparently my photo isn't good enough to count, and now he's not appearing at night by skull lake.

He appears at night near literally every town. Easiest to find is Tarrey Town

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

squidgee posted:

Ancient arrow vs lynel.

:stare:
Haha I did the exact same thing, first time firing an ancient arrow. "well, this says it will do massive dama:stare:"

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

squidgee posted:

Talk to him before you take a picture, it won't count if his back is turned.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Kass you bastard.

I completed:
Gerudo Tower - Sign of the Shadow
A Song of Storms - Calora Lake
The Serpent's Jaws - Pagos Woods
The Crowned Beast - Rabia Plain
Master of the Wind - Horon Lagoon
The Two Rings - West Hyrule Plains
Under a Red Moon - Hyrule Ridge
The Hero's Cache - Kitano Bay

Then I did Find Kheel (find stupid girl bird) and the subsequent Recital at Warner's Nest (leaf fart on the five holes).

This motherfucker won't go home. Go home Kass. You're neglecting a family of six.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

spit on my clit posted:

I hope that stalnox rests in pieces

When I went to find the Stalnox a second time to take a picture after killing it the first time, I was able to find him in the same place after a blood moon, but instead of getting stunned when I shot him in the eye, he just went "gently caress this" and dove into the ground, never to be seen again.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

squidgee posted:

Every night in every town.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI7lfMgFO-o
Uh I swear I'm not biased at all but the latin american dub is a million times better than the English one it's not even close

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

a.lo posted:

I just did regular block to his quick attack and he would stay still long enough for me to wail on his shield till it depleted then knock him down.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Calaveron posted:

Uh I swear I'm not biased at all but the latin american dub is a million times better than the English one it's not even close

I've been watching speedruns, and the community approved German also sounds great for her. NOA dropped the ball on casting or voice direction or something.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Modus Pwnens posted:

The worst is Sony because their Japanese games are O to confirm and X to cancel, but US games are X to confirm and O to cancel. If I play an import on my US consoles the save menus will even be reversed from the game I'm playing.

iirc Nintendo was the first to make the a/b combo but everyone else (playstation and xbox) made it the other way after, and yeah, the Japanese playstation counterpart at least is like Nintendo. All pretty silly regardless

Jehde posted:

You can put the button in stasis.

Yeah, I wish I knew this earlier.

Also maybe not the fastest, but the easiest way to cheese/exploit rupees is to

Gamble in Lurelin Village in East Necluda. Save, put down 100 rupees and try your luck at getting 300. If you don't put it down again and try because you'll still come out ahead. Then load/save and rinse/repeat

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 20, 2017

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

grilldos posted:

Kass you bastard.

I completed:
Gerudo Tower - Sign of the Shadow
A Song of Storms - Calora Lake
The Serpent's Jaws - Pagos Woods
The Crowned Beast - Rabia Plain
Master of the Wind - Horon Lagoon
The Two Rings - West Hyrule Plains
Under a Red Moon - Hyrule Ridge
The Hero's Cache - Kitano Bay

Then I did Find Kheel (find stupid girl bird) and the subsequent Recital at Warner's Nest (leaf fart on the five holes).

This motherfucker won't go home. Go home Kass. You're neglecting a family of six.

It seems like there has to be some other obscure trigger based on our earlier attempts to work it out but hell if I know what it is. Sucks.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Calaveron posted:

It doesn't seem that amazing or anything to me, but the english dub sets the bar pretty low with the breathy fake-rear end british accented VAs for Zelda and Mipha.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Yeah, just for the non horrible sounding Zelda

I swear, that lady sounds like I just killed her dog everytime she speaks

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Calaveron posted:

He appears at night near literally every town. Easiest to find is Tarrey Town

s.i.r.e. posted:

Talk to him before you take a picture, it won't count if his back is turned.

Awesome, thank you!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

English Zelda sounds pretty alright in some scenes but awful in other scenes.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think the problem with the NA voice acting comes down to bad direction. A lot of the lines flow together really poorly. They don't sound like natural conversations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

So is the implication of the ending that Ganon is gone for good? Zelda says in the last phase that he's given up on reincarnation and revealed his true essence or something like that

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Augus posted:

you clearly haven't done the shrine with the 6-sided cube with torches on each side that all need to be lit using the motion controls while avoiding the water that is threatening to douse them

That's done with switches, not motion control.

Or to be more accurate that's done with fire arrows.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Augus posted:

So is the implication of the ending that Ganon is gone for good? Zelda says in the last phase that he's given up on reincarnation and revealed his true essence or something like that

I don't think so. I think that line is just supposed to explain why Calamity Ganon is so different from previous incarnations. Ganon is super loving pissed about losing constantly so now he's turned into this monster fueled by nothing more than pure hatred. Rather than being a tyrant king he's instead become a force of pure destruction. So if he shows up again in this timeline he's probably still gonna be a pissed off goo monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Augus posted:

Yeah, for whatever that's worth. She also says Ganon is gone for now in the post-credits stuff, IIRC, so who knows? I feel like Link has dunked on the absolute final never-coming-back version of Ganon like a dozen times by now.