Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

-

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- dodging in Nier Automata
- shooting the Laser Core in Nier Automata
- gliding in Nier Automata
- running in Nier Automata
- In Nier Automata: hacking an enemy thats 20x bigger than you

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

activating your ability at the perfect moment to do double damage and beat a stacked opponent in quake champions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- strafe jumping in Quake 3 Arena*
- rocket boosting in Q1

[theoretical goomba Stomp, as I havent actually experienced it yet. The youtube videos look cool as hell tho]

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

- strafe jumping in Quake 3 Arena*
- rocket boosting in Q1

[theoretical goomba Stomp, as I havent actually experienced it yet. The youtube videos look cool as hell tho]

Strafe-jumping is a technique used to increase a player's speed in computer games based on the Quake engine. The technique is common in Quake II, Quake III Arena, Quake 4, QuakeLive, OpenArena, CodeRED: Alien Arena, Nexuiz, Xonotic, Cube, Jedi Knight II, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Soldier of Fortune II, Doom 3, Warsow, Digital Paintball 2, Call Of Duty, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, Tremulous, Unvanquished, Reflex, Counter-Strike, Titanfall and Titanfall 2.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i feel like theyre confused strafe jumping with bunnyhopping in that wikipedia article but the difference is not holding forward in certain games so whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Titanfall 2 has bunny hopping but definitely not strafe jumping.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Speaking of, they recently added a pilots only clan arena mode with mode specific maps which I should prolly check out bc TF2 kinda kicks rear end, for a crippled post-COD console shooter

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Gliding down above an unsuspecting enemy and then letting loose with a devastating drop attack in Zelda: Breath of the Wild

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Aston posted:

Gliding down above an unsuspecting enemy and then letting loose with a devastating drop attack in Zelda: Breath of the Wild

the range and damage going way up the harder you fall is epic. its like stomping down off a skyscraper in Prototype except the game is good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

shooting a Guardian right in the eye with an ancient arrow

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

extremebuff posted:

the range and damage going way up the harder you fall is epic. its like stomping down off a skyscraper in Prototype except the game is good

I didn't even know this.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Aston posted:

I didn't even know this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EvbqxBUG_c&t=85s

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Shield deflecting a guardian blast

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Crashing a car so hard you clip through the wall.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Doming a bokoblin with a perfectly dropped arrow from long rang is also very satisfying

Bokoblin stomps

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
BotW is filled with goomba stomps. One could almost say that just playing the game is one very long and satisfying goomba stomp.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Tantric Stomping with Eiji Aonuma

available on dvd and vhs

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Bill Barber posted:

BotW is filled with goomba stomps. One could almost say that just playing the game is one very long and satisfying goomba stomp.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That is very clearly not a Goomba. Mods?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/S7ucN5L.mp4

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Pablo Gigante posted:

That is very clearly not a Goomba. Mods?

koopas are adult goombas

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Leaving an elaborate trap on Hitman and having the HUD inform the target has been killed by it when you are already far away next to the escape point.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Leaving an elaborate trap on Hitman and having the HUD inform the target has been killed by it when you are already far away next to the escape point.

Oh baby.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- Having an existential crisis while playing Nier: Automata

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

-air slashing into a scythe grind in specter of torment

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Plutonis posted:

I don't ever get this because I'm psycho and want to watch all my kills, but it does lead to the alternate goomba stomp of calmly walking away from the scene while the guards run right past you shouting and looking for the killer.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Winning three claw games almost in a row in Yakuza 0.

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
reverse goomba stomp: when you accidentally activate the button again after a long elevator ride in a dark souls game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

One Man Trash posted:

reverse goomba stomp: when you accidentally activate the button again after a long elevator ride in a dark souls game

Um if you don't hit the button on your way out to send the elevator back up anyway you are a HUGE noob for real.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo