Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Oh, man. Right across the fold from someone admitting that there's no "wiretapp" evidence, no doubt. That delay's fuckin' murdering him.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Hey, remember when people were expressing concerns about W expanding the ability of the government to spy on people, and conservatives were responding with "if you're not guilty of anything you shouldn't have anything to hide :smuggo:" like that was a reasonable response to a government going too far?

Drunky Duck clearly doesn't!

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Xander77 posted:

Yeah. Stick to focusing on political cartoons-relevant films, like Dr. Strangelove.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Xander77 posted:

Yeah. Stick to focusing on political cartoons-relevant films, like Austin Powers or Armageddon.

I've wondered a lot, when do Matrix bullet time parodies or Borat and Austin Powers impressions become homages to classics rather than untimely groaners?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Xander77 posted:

Finally finished the Ramirez profile:
http://imgur.com/a/QrEjj

Still need the parody of his tea party / OWS comparison, and a few more AGCs.

You spelled it ACG the one time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Guys La La Land was months ago.

Yeah but it just won the Best Picture Oscar recently, though I was tired so I went to bed and didn't listen to the victory speech.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Lurdiak posted:

You spelled it ACG the one time.
Thanks.

Besides the tea party comparison, I also need an early 2000's cartoon of the "colored? No, conservative" strain, in which the dems set the dogs on someone.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Dr Christmas posted:

I've wondered a lot, when do Matrix bullet time parodies or Borat and Austin Powers impressions become homages to classics rather than untimely groaners?

Like any other, when they're good.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Somfin posted:

Oh, man. Right across the fold from someone admitting that there's no "wiretapp" evidence, no doubt. That delay's fuckin' murdering him.
No one to blame but his own gullible rear end for that one. When you see Trump make a bold claim in a tweet your reaction shouldn't be to immediately make a cartoon treating it as gospel.

But you know...80 hours of research, etc.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I was looking at old iScribble collaborative doodles I made with friends way back in the day, and I thought this one would be appropriate for the thread. As I recall, I think I labeled something "Taxes" and it spiraled from there.

:nws:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I like it.
Also it is page 256 and we have a pacman :ghost:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm quite fond of the ghost explaining the metaphor, which I think was a deliberate reference to the older political cartoons where everyone belabored the point out loud instead of just having handy labels.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

..... isn't that the whole point of why it was so stupid for trump to say it.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

euphronius posted:

..... isn't that the whole point of why it was so stupid for trump to say it.

It was stupid of him to say it because if Obama actually had Trump tapped, it would mean he got court approval which would mean the courts thought there was sufficient evidence that Trump might've been involved in criminal wrongdoing, as I understand it

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
It's also stupid to accuse others of espionage with absolutely no proof, especially when your only source is an Infowars op-ed.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

mandatory lesbian posted:

the same could be said of all war memorials

well, 'cept the nazis, they can die nameless

Look at me, not disagreeing.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Trump is getting #NeverTrump conservatives like Tinsley and Ramirez to pivot, slowly but surely, by appealing to the most important aspect of their personalities: their persecution complex

By 2020 they will be 100% in Trump's corner because those liberals are just so goddamn mean to him :qq:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

There was no possibility for the majority of Republicans not turning for Trump because they don't stand for any values except for being assholes to people they don't like and MAH TAXES. They only were against him when it looked like he was an outsider and going to lose, giving them a facade of having principles, but now that he's established he's awesome and totally not an incompetent joke that is doing everything they claimed to hate about Obama.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If he fucks up tax cuts tho he's probably done.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:pcgaming: page 256 :v:
This post reserved for Pacman politoons

And another one:

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Mar 20, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

euphronius posted:

If this happens it will be because all of right wing media is told to turn on him at once and then we'll see which is stronger: Trump's cult of personality or the brainwashing of Fox News and AM radio.

EDIT:

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 20, 2017

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

euphronius posted:

This will sink trump, says increasingly nervous man for the seventh time this month

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rw propaganda is way stronger than trump .

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
WAVES. DON'T. WORK. THAT. WAY.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Stevoblunt posted:

If the literacy test is anything like those poll tests they used to give to black people in the south, someone should find a copy and post it in the thread so we can have another 20 page derail where 90 percent of the people call the test bullshit while the other 10 percent argue that its a perfectly cromulent test.

If it's like literally every other multiple-choice reading comprehension test I've seen, there are two or more answers out of the four or five presented that are technically correct (or at least not completely wrong), but you need to select the one that actually is most relevant to the question being asked. You know, like a test of comprehension or something.

The guy bellyaching "well it looked to me like there was more than one correct answer!! bad test!! sad!" was hilarious to me because yeah, that's kind of the point. You failed pal, welcome to the seventh grade.

Shugojin posted:

I would love to take that test because taking bullshit exams is my jam.

Heck, same.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Trapezium Dave posted:

I can't wrap my head around how manbaby president vs. cool surfer president is somehow "both sides are equally bad".

edit: Maybe that's the point though? Goddamn Poe's Law.

Asay's Corollary to Poe's Law.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If you squint this is a Pacman cartoon too.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Some conservative cartoonists are noting the crazy cold weather still happening. Others are noting the crazy warm weather. Clearly both mean Global Warming isn't a thing. :smug:

I hope After Eden hasn't started down the meme road with this "Tell me again why" caption
It's always been a good source for well referenced and consistently crazy YEC dogma

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If scientists being wrong on one future event they never claimed to be 100% certain on anyway means that literally anything a scientist has ever said is now suspect, you have no reason to fixate on evolution anyway. 2 + 2 = 4? Says who? Objects fall at the same speed? Nice try, you're not getting me with that DEVIL SCIENCE. Water boils at 212F and 100C? Yeah, tell that to the winter storm that didn't personally affect me, Mr Smarty-Pants :smug:

the best at Pogs
Jul 6, 2011
hi i made this

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Should have a Twitter button.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Two pages of the 2005 Donald Trump income tax return fell in to the hands of Rachel Maddow last week. On her show she played it for all it was worth. It turns out it was worth about $38 million to Uncle Sam in taxes paid on an income of $150 million. That’s an effective rate of about 25%. The revelation made The Donald look good compared to accusations that he doesn’t pay any income taxes at all.

It also made him look good compared to Barack Obama’s 2015 effective rate of 18.5%, Bernie Sanders 2014 effective rate of 13.5%, and Mitt Romney’s 2011 rate of 14.1%

Even Van Jones called it a good night for Donald Trump.

The purloined returns showed up in the mailbox of journalist David Cay Johnston. He says he knows nothing. Revealing private income tax information is a felony.

Trump denies that he had anything to do with it.

Chip Bok posted:

ObamaCare was passed by the Democrats on Christmas Eve 2009, so we could find out what was in the bill. It has been unpopular with the American people ever since.

But since then it has become the ObamaCare entitlement.

Now, despite all the people who lost their doctors. And all the people who lost their insurance coverage. Twenty million other people will lose the coverage they never had before the bill was passed. At least that’s what the CBO says.

And that has the Republicans scared.

Chip Bok posted:

A Hawaiian judge helped President Trump find the true meaning of his travel ban. Trump thought he was was using his legal authority as president to keep out perceived threats to the United States.

quote:

The president’s authority to declare such suspensions can been found in section 212(f) of the INA, the pertinent part of which reads as follows:

“(f) Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.”

In this case he said he needed time to vet refugees from jihad torn countries to make sure they aren’t jihadists.

U.S. District Court Judge Derrick Watson – a Harvard classmate appointed by President Obama – says otherwise. The judge ruled Trump’s real intent was to keep out Muslims. The judge knows this because Trump said so in campaign speeches.

Finally, a Democrat who doesn’t think Trump lies.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Dr Christmas posted:

I guess now that they are considering remaking Matrix, I guess you can call it a classic.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Rincewinds posted:

I guess now that they are considering remaking Matrix, I guess you can call it a classic.

I sincerely hope any Matrix remake involves a general rewrite, because hoo boy the main problem with those movies was not the visual effects

It wasn't even the acting, although that too was bad

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

AGC?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

One of the most popular ‘memes’ on the Trump campaign trail was the chant, "LOCK HER UP!"

That desire remains as relevant today as it did during Trump’s campaign. Hillary is a sociopath who enjoys getting away with her crimes. She considers herself above the law. Whether it be cheating at cattle futures, taking illegal campaign contributions from China or making sure the Clinton Foundation steals millions in donations to Haiti, lying about Benghazi or engaging in outright ‘pay for play,’ she seems to know she will never be held accountable. Oh sure, she’s forced on occasion to drag her cankles to some Congressional committee, where she will look at them contemptuously with heavy-lidded eyes and a bored face as she feeds them lies. That’s the closest she’s ever come to facing justice and it’s a crying shame. LOCK HER UP!

The illegal server in her bathroom was probably part of her ‘pay for play’ scheme. Hillary is a controller. She wants her privacy and she wants to use information that benefits her pocketbook. She likes a rigged game and she wants it all kept under the table. That’s why she made sure she rigged the DNC operations against Bernie. It’s why she made sure she received debate questions in advance. She’s also in league with Podesta—who boldly practices Satanism and pedophilia and gets away with it. She uses public service to serve herself. She wasn’t very smart about technology, though. Her illegal server was unencrypted—not even a password was necessary for anyone to hack it. After WikiLeaks revealed some sordid details, her lying heart pumped out a story about the Russians and Trump working together to ‘hack the election.’ Rubbish. LOCK HER UP!

It can’t take place soon enough, but she’s well-connected and part of the Illuminati. She will probably get away with crimes. She’s slippery as slime and she's above the law. She things the law pertains to the ‘little people.’ People such as Kristian Saucier who took a photo of himself aboard his submarine. Even though no serious damage was done, they threw the book at him. He’s currently locked up. Hillary’s crimes were 100 times more damaging, yet she eludes the prison bars. Instead she gets to go shopping for $10,000 outfits with her pal Huma while she totes a $2,500 handbag.

That’s how it is in America these days, though. Unequal treatment under the law. Congress gets special, free health care and many other perks that aren’t available to the average citizen serf. Central bankers can steal billions of dollars in the form of real estate derivative fraud and not one of them went to prison. Instead, they got rewarded with gigantic bonuses and trillions in bailout dollars. Yes, the Illuminati and Deep State certainly do protect their own. The globalist stooge Obama has a stolen social security number and a birth certificate that is queer as a six dollar bill. Or maybe a $666 dollar bill. Yet he faces no consequences.

“There was no intent,” said Comey. That should be printed on Hillary’s ’Stay out of jail’ card. Try using an excuse such as that next time you’re in court. “I didn’t mean it, your honor.” See what happens. LOCK HER UP!

— Ben Garrison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Wait d, did he just advocate for universal healthcare and locking up bankers?

• Locked thread