Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Yes I just noticed that too

gently caress off house of cards intro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

A MIRACLE posted:

Gonna have to suck my dick you fuckman on that one, good sir. The House of Cards intro is so ingrained into my head I can't even look at a picture of Kevin Spacey without hearing it. And that is good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Halt and Catch Fire season 3 is up on the Flix. So far it's just as good as season 2.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I wonder how much skipping the intro saves them in bandwidth costs.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They used to let you skip intros like 4 years ago and then it just disappeared, although hilariously you couldn't do it for Netflix produced shows.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

veni veni veni posted:

They used to let you skip intros like 4 years ago and then it just disappeared, although hilariously you couldn't do it for Netflix produced shows.
They ought to just add a checkmark to account settings for "if I watch more than 2, auto-skip intro song."

There are a few shows I love the intro every time, but usually I'd rather have those 2 minutes of my life without having to stop what I'm doing and do it manually. ;)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
They used to do it where if you watched more than one episode in a row it would skip the intro. It sucked if the show had cold opens though.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

The_Rob posted:

They used to do it where if you watched more than one episode in a row it would skip the intro. It sucked if the show had cold opens though.
Now it identifies the cold open and skip doesn't show up until the theme :)

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

precision posted:

Halt and Catch Fire season 3 is up on the Flix. So far it's just as good as season 2.

I usually don't like stuff set in that period, but I really do enjoy that show a lot.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

The_Rob posted:

I watched Sense8 recently and even if I just watched one episode, if I let it auto-play the next episode it would skip the intro.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I felt like I missed the episode if I didn't see the Breaking Bad credit sequence. It was almost part of the plot.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

precision posted:

Season 3 was real good. That's a show that improved the whole way out. There are 1-2 eps towards the end of season 3 that sort of distill what each character is truly about that are pretty drat good.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
People with Amazon Prime should check out Remember. Christopher Plummer plays a survivor of Auschwitz who, after his wife dies, goes hunting for the SS officer who murdered his family. It also features Martin Landau, Dean Norris, Henry Czerny, and Bruno Ganz. Plummer and Landau are great and it's very tense throughout.

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.
I'm loving Samurai Gourmet. I don't know what I was expecting but it's basically beautiful meals wrapped in a cute plot about a retired guy rediscovering his love of food. And beer. Lots of beer. I'm only a few episodes in, hoping it doesn't get weird or dark out of nowhere. So far it's like the perfect Saturday afternoon show.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dude, Tickled is fuckin craaaazy.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Indeed it is crazy.

Please don't read the spoilers if you haven't watched it because that movie goes places. I really wasn't expecting a tickle fetish documentary to have a villain complete with a decades-spanning nationwide conspiracy, but god drat it sure loving did. It's probably the best case I've ever seen of truth being stranger than fiction.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Speaking of, don't read this if you haven't seen the movie, D'amato died today.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Dude what the gently caress, I just watched it last night.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Dude, Tickled is fuckin craaaazy.

Make sure to watch the 20 minute follow up "The Tickle King" if you haven't already

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Iwouldn't be surprised in the least if the whole thing was revealed as a massive hoax, death and all, because the whole story is just too insane to believe.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GonSmithe posted:

Speaking of, don't read this if you haven't seen the movie, D'amato died today.

Holy poo poo.

The craziest thing in Tickled was the "tickle cells". So believable but so incredibly hosed up

precision fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 18, 2017

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The twitter and youtube for some of them are still up. I wonder what horrible things will be discovered in D'amato's house. He has no living family that would cover things up for him, right?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jack Gladney posted:

The twitter and youtube for some of them are still up. I wonder what horrible things will be discovered in D'amato's house. He has no living family that would cover things up for him, right?

The documentary didn't get too far into it, but apparently he definitely had literal underage boys making tickle videos for him

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tainen posted:

Make sure to watch the 20 minute follow up "The Tickle King" if you haven't already

Yeah I watched it.

That's crazy he died today...a real shame

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I hope more about him comes out because he sounds like a real evil lunatic bastard who has wronged tons of people in weird ways. Also I'm glad that it happened before his suit against his aunt could proceed.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
The world is inarguably a better place without him so I'm glad he's dead but I really wanted to see how this would all play out. He lost a lot of his power once the spotlight was on him and his blustering in The Tickle King made it look like he was at least partially aware of that, but he was such a complete prick that was gonna go down flailing anyway. That look of "Are you hearing this?! We got him!" when Dylan said he supports gay rights sure was something.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

That Works posted:

Season 3 was real good. That's a show that improved the whole way out. There are 1-2 eps towards the end of season 3 that sort of distill what each character is truly about that are pretty drat good.

The only minor nitpick I have about the show is how loose it plays with the timeline. In episode 5 or 6, Gordon names the Atari 2600 game Xenophobe, which wouldn't have been out yet in the year the show purports to be in. On top of the major time skips the show already had. :goonsay:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

A MIRACLE posted:

Like the other guy, I kind of like the House of Cards intro.

Orange Is The New Black, on the other hand? The worst.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I finished Iron Fist, it starts to get better in the second half and then sinks back into mediocrity. Ward is the only character worth watching.

What really sucks is that The Hand are the thread tying together the various Netflix Marvel shows, and it's hard to think of a more boring antagonist than the inscrutable, mystical ninja menace.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

TRAIN
TO
BUSAN

Watch that! I recommend the hell outta it.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Filthy Hans posted:

I finished Iron Fist, it starts to get better in the second half and then sinks back into mediocrity. Ward is the only character worth watching.

What really sucks is that The Hand are the thread tying together the various Netflix Marvel shows, and it's hard to think of a more boring antagonist than the inscrutable, mystical ninja menace.

Iron Fist sounds like a real downer, but if you want another Marvel TV show to take its place I highly recommend Legion. The first six(ish?) episodes are available on Hulu with more added as they air. It's about David Haller, who is a mutant telepath with multiple personality disorder and who is secretly Charles Xavier's son. Every episode is a fun little mind gently caress and it's one of the best-looking TV shows going.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Junkie Disease posted:

TRAIN
TO
BUSAN

Watch that! I recommend the hell outta it.

My sister and I were burned out on zombie movies (and have been for years) but this is the first one since Wyrmwood we've actually enjoyed. It is pretty drat awesome.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Sarchasm posted:

Iron Fist sounds like a real downer, but if you want another Marvel TV show to take its place I highly recommend Legion. The first six(ish?) episodes are available on Hulu with more added as they air. It's about David Haller, who is a mutant telepath with multiple personality disorder and who is secretly Charles Xavier's son. Every episode is a fun little mind gently caress and it's one of the best-looking TV shows going.

Don't read that spoiler if you haven't read the comics. It's something that hasn't been mentioned in the show yet :(

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Oops lol. Not that it really spoils anything for me personally. Mostly I just couldn't figure out the time period it was set in

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Enos Cabell posted:

Don't read that spoiler if you haven't read the comics. It's something that hasn't been mentioned in the show yet :(

In fairness it might not even be true in the show, they've made a point of carving out their own little space canon-wise. Or it might be "true" but only on the level of a wink-and-nod for dedicated comics nerds and not a real plot point.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
A while ago folks were talking about Patriot on Amazon Prime. It's really quite good and hilarious at times. Go in cold.

I did feel like the last two episodes weren't quite as strong as the lead-up though. Kinda felt like it was a bit rushed, and they had to leave a few things too open ended to provide cliffhangers for more seasons.

I never thought I'd laugh as hard as I did about a joke focused in drawing a circle.

Poor Steven though...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Fargo Season 2 dropped on Hulu sometime in the last week.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

In fairness it might not even be true in the show, they've made a point of carving out their own little space canon-wise. Or it might be "true" but only on the level of a wink-and-nod for dedicated comics nerds and not a real plot point.

Seriously, that David has a father whose name is Charles Xavier cannot be a real plot point, given that Xavier isn't a character on the show. If he becomes a character on the show, it's no different in terms of the plot than if the character was named anything else. That there is another character with the same name and power set, or whatever, who has appeared in movies is entirely irrelevant to the plot of very-good show Legion.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It doesn't have anything to do with any other xmen property, does it? Do superheroes or the xmen even exist in the narrative of the show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jack Gladney posted:

It doesn't have anything to do with any other xmen property, does it? Do superheroes or the xmen even exist in the narrative of the show?

No and probably not from what we've seen so far. We find out in the second episode that mutants are being hunted by a secret government organization called Division Three which is converting the willing to assets and suppressing/killing the rest, and the mutants who rescued David are a resistance group against them. The public at large seems completely ignorant of the existence of mutants. If the X-Men do exist in this universe I don't see how they could be anything like the movies, they'd have to be much more secretive and underground for one.