Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
The mining companies would still be there even if we nationalised the whole thing and made them bid on contracts to explore/extract/process the dirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He got skin cancer on his face so he's probably had some time in the sun,

That's unfortunate.

Maybe ol' Barnaby should get a facectomy. I'm thinking they could replace any skin removed by taking excess from his arse.

I mean nobody would notice.

They can probably find a spare table in the nearest Maccas to perform the surgery on.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://mobile.twitter.com/Lateline/status/843776097120468992

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lateline/status/843774712261951488

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic
People already think that TAX = BAD so it's pretty easy for the Minerals Council to just run ads with weatherbeaten men in Akubras reminding people of this and get people reflexively mad about stifling Jobs and Growth.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Do right wing culture warriors really think the average Australian gives a poo poo about 18C?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

hiddenmovement posted:

Do right wing culture warriors really think the average Australian gives a poo poo about 18C?

Right wing culture warriors think same sex marriage supporters are a very small but noisy minority trying to get one over the good christian majority, so what do you think?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hiddenmovement posted:

Since when have they acted in accordance with the wishes of most Australians during the current government?

I mean why start now.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ideology will triumph over reality!

*ejects spittle mid rant about how everything is still Labor's Fault*

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/843785844712337410

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/843785844712337410

Not watching qanda is a smart move but it would be a shame to miss out on Earthworm Jim here.

efb

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Everything about him screams "my mother dressed me".

Also he's a homophobic throwback piece of poo poo too I guess.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

quote:

"A senior young Liberal source told BuzzFeed News that Edwin Nelson and his hard right faction are “beyond a joke”.
“They are vitriolic and have gone as far as physically assaulting other Young Liberals. If ordinary YLs were able to vote to expel these bigots, they’d have been expelled years ago.”

I guess nobody is all bad.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Imagine being the result of the scientific experiment to recreate Benedict Bumberbatch without any charisma whatsoever.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hooman posted:

Imagine being the result of the scientific experiment to recreate Benedict Bumberbatch without any charisma whatsoever.

I keep looking at his open extra-undone-button collar and suit jacket combo when he should be wearing a sports jacket if he's going to try and pull that off.
It's obviously too hot for him but he didn't know how to dress appropriately so just tossed on any old "suit jacket and shirt" because he doesn't know how to dress himself.

"Oh but my son is so handsome" *pinches his cheeks before driving him to the TV show thing so he can be a poo poo on TV*

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Straight marriage has way stronger ties to incest than gay marriage ever could

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
And from those two photos I wouldn't be surprised if he were gay or bi himself.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Solemn Sloth posted:

An idea so bad even Coles and the SDA agreed it shouldn't be put to workers

Update on this - yes, it's real.

It's good to see that most of the comments are incredibly negative. Naturally there's the obligatory crab mentality posts of, "We had to work unpaid overtime, drat millennials :corsair:"

I also enjoyed seeing Coles have to put out fires over an over again as more people see the image and post how loving horrible it is.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

So that's what Dementors look like without their cloaks.

The QandA photo shows a clear case of resting lich face.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Essential has ALP up 55:45 in 2PP. Todays party meeting to have a catfight over 18c isn't going to help the LNP look like a sensible choice either. Melt the gently caress down Turnbull and call another DD. Take the nuclear option just to spite Bernghazi because he thinks he's safe for 6 years.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bogan King posted:

Essential has ALP up 55:45 in 2PP. Todays party meeting to have a catfight over 18c isn't going to help the LNP look like a sensible choice either. Melt the gently caress down Turnbull and call another DD. Take the nuclear option just to spite Bernghazi because he thinks he's safe for 6 years.

Meanwhile ON is polling 17% in Dutton's seat - I'm sure another stillborn movement to change 18C for the millionth time will help with that.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

The AFR posted:

Snowy Hydro will not release previous feasibility studies into pumped hydro storage projects in the Australian Alps, as a report for the Australian Energy Market Operator suggested the price tag of for the 2000 megawatt expansion could exceed the $2 billion price tag announced last week.

Federal energy minister Josh Frydenberg, who met with Snowy Hydro representatives in Canberra on Monday, defended the Turnbull government decision to back a new feasibility study into pumped hydro storage.

This is despite critics pointing out the major beneficiary of the project will be coal-fired power stations, which will be required to pump the water up a hill before it is stored in a reservoir and then released downstream to generate electricity.

"Our priority is energy security and affordability as we transition to a lower emissions future," Mr Frydenberg said. "We are taking a technology-neutral, non-ideological approach to emissions reduction while stabilising the grid and ensuring power prices remain low."

The Turnbull government last week surprised the energy sector by announcing it would bankroll a 2000 megawatt expansion of the Snowy Hydro scheme via a new pumped hydro storage project, to complement the existing 1500 megawatt facility at Tumut 3.

Previous feasibility studies found a pumped hydro expansion the Snowy Mountains would cost twice that of gas-fired power, former Snowy Hydro engineer Max Talbot told ABC Radio last week.

A report by Roam Consulting for AEMO in September 2012 found a 500 megawatt pumped hydro storage facility would cost $1.6 billion or about $3,200 per kilowatt. The proposed Snowy scheme is four times bigger but given a preliminary cost of $2 billion.

However, the proposed Snowy expansion would not involve building any new dams or water storage because it is using the existing Tantangara and Talbingo reservoirs.

Another report for UNSW Water Research Laboratory in 2013 into suggested pumped hydro sites in NSW did not consider an expansion of the Snowy Hydro scheme in their findings.

A spokeswoman for Snowy Hydro said the $2 billion figure was "based off updated assumptions around previous work conducted on expansion", but the new feasibility study will provide a more accurate assessment.

However, the spokeswoman said the previous feasibility studies would not be released.

"The previous studies are commercial in confidence so are not public documents," the spokeswoman said.

A spokesman for Mr Frydenberg said the federal government was unlikely to contribute $2 billion to the proposed expansion of Snowy Hydro as the company can use its own debt and equity.

Respected economist Danny Price from Frontier Economics said the expansion of Snowy Hydro, dubbed Snowy 2.0, would "breathe new life into coal" because it would be thermal generation pumping water up-hill, not renewables as claimed by the Turnbull government.

He said the scheme would use 30 per cent more electricity pumping water up the hill, than it generated flowing down the hill. putting would put a "massive load on the system" equivalent to a large aluminium smelter.

Mr Price also questioned whether the majority shareholders in Snowy Hydro – the NSW (58 per cent) and Victorian (29 per cent) governments – would back the project.

AAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

And after todays party meeting Turnbull has made the tough decision to completely cave on 18c and decide it needs to be watered down. Such leadership :swoon:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Bogan King posted:

And after todays party meeting Turnbull has made the tough decision to completely cave on 18c and decide it needs to be watered down. Such leadership :swoon:

Most people are unsure what it does so I doubt amending it would damage his polls any further.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Anidav posted:

Most people are unsure what it does so I doubt amending it would damage his polls any further.

I think it's more the infighting that shows he's a weak leader than any particular care about 18c one way or the other. It gives the ALP stuff like this to throw at him

https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/843923649082007552

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Bogan King posted:

AAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

The coal thing is plausible, only because coal generation is cheaper without a carbon price. If they implement pumped hydro, the electricity required to pump uphill has to come from somewhere and without a shitload of new renewables in place beforehand the only answer is to ramp up existing fossil fuel generation.

That's not to say there won't be an increase in solar and wind to replace them into the future but without a carbon price or a specific regulatory incentive coal will still be the cheaper option. The only thing the east coast gets out of it is that when the renewables finally get so cheap to surpass coal once and for all, the storage solution will be in place to smooth out the fluctuations inherent in both types of generation.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Bogan King posted:

I think it's more the infighting that shows he's a weak leader than any particular care about 18c one way or the other. It gives the ALP stuff like this to throw at him

https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/843923649082007552

I don't see him ruling it out, I see him saying it's not a priority because he knew he would cave to the feral right at some point

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Oh also I don't think there's any coincidence about the ferals deciding to roll Turnbull over on 18C on harmony day(also the UN day for the elimination of racial discrimination)

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/843922866013839360

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/843923233409650688

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

They are just afraid of being overshadowed by his "towering intellect"

He's read a lot of books you know.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Solemn Sloth posted:

Oh also I don't think there's any coincidence about the ferals deciding to roll Turnbull over on 18C on harmony day(also the UN day for the elimination of racial discrimination)
You actually think that this mob could organise anything with this level of precision? They struggle to get the white wash down the correct hooped trousers on a good day. Also assumes they either knew or cared that it was racial harmony day.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

And from those two photos I wouldn't be surprised if he were gay or bi himself.
gently caress all the way off.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Cartoon posted:

You actually think that this mob could organise anything with this level of precision? They struggle to get the white wash down the correct hooped trousers on a good day. Also assumes they either knew or cared that it was racial harmony day.

Have you worked in a large govt dept? There definitely would have been emails about it and at least one of them might have noticed it and/or an event planned for it.
They might even been invited to speak somewhere for it

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope

This pleases me greatly
Please come true

e: it has just occurred to me that there's likely an infinite number of cushy posts that mister bush poetry could slot into, but being denied one of importance is something, isn't it?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Cartoon posted:

Yeah, nah. I've seen too many of us be self-serving self-loathers not to call people out on it. I could be wrong and he's straight, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least otherwise.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Yeah, nah. I've seen too many of us be self-serving self-loathers not to call people out on it. I could be wrong and he's straight, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least otherwise.

who gives a poo poo?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That paragraph in between the two highlighted ones... what the gently caress is that

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

MysticalMachineGun posted:

That paragraph in between the two highlighted ones... what the gently caress is that

It's what we call 'wank' more precisely 'pompous wank'

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Bogan King posted:

I'm curious as to what the plan is here. Are they hoping to convince a Xenaphon senator or is this all just a big dumb pointless gesture?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

I cannot smile hard enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Q4JDh_eJE

Videogames

• Locked thread