Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Damage buffs for all x-wings don't make Biggs more of a problem. Damage is cool and good, make x-wings more killy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
X-wings are already reasonably killy. Wedge and Wes really don't need more offense to be good ships.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Raged posted:

I can just imagine the whining this is going to cause.

Next FAQ is going to require players to thrown all cards and ships from the punishing one expansion in the trash after a win.
I mean, you jest, but wave 8 Scum are responsible for a LOT of meta fuckery recently and most of it's down to them all being underpriced or over-upgraded or both.

Strobe posted:

pls nerf Biggs
Nuts to biggs, nerf Miranda K wings suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I assume this is a horrible idea, but what the hell.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
:psyduck:

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Why is it a missile card?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Ignore the image and the attack number. I was just being lazy (because it's a horrible idea anyway). But ignore those two things and the image is accurate.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Maybe make it "when revealing a green, instead of clearing stress, you may choose to regen one shield." Or "when revealing a green, if you have no stress, regen one shield."

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
They are never going to nerf Biggs. It's been 9 waves since his launch. When I come against him, I tend to try to bump all the ships he is protecting then unload on him since obviously he is range one or at worst range 2.

Works really well against Ghost/Biggs. I have heard quite a few people get miffed when he dies in one round.

Raged fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 20, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

That's almost the exact same thing as R2-D2, for half the cost, on a slot that a ton of uniques would love to have it on.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

TheCenturion posted:

"when revealing a green, if you have no stress, regen one shield."

How is this different than what I put on it? Because this is what I was going for.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Q_res posted:

How is this different than what I put on it? Because this is what I was going for.

The way you wrote it, that ship gets a shield back anytime another ship reveals a green. :v:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Whoops. :lol:

Anyway, I know that card is a horrible, horrible idea. But I think the idea of a low cost defensive boost in the Elite slot has merit.

On a less ridiculous topic. I didn't get a chance to play with this list today, but any thoughts/suggestions on this?

Darth Vader (29)
Expert Handling (2)
Concussion Missiles (4)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Tetran Cowall (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Targeting Computer (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Kir Kanos (24)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Targeting Computer (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Total: 100

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Q_res posted:

I assume this is a horrible idea, but what the hell.

Just what everyone wants an x-wing that regens 2 shields with every green

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Q_res posted:

Anyway, I know that card is a horrible, horrible idea. But I think the idea of a low cost defensive boost in the Elite slot has merit.

On a less ridiculous topic. I didn't get a chance to play with this list today, but any thoughts/suggestions on this?

Darth Vader (29)
Expert Handling (2)
Concussion Missiles (4)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Tetran Cowall (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Targeting Computer (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Kir Kanos (24)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Targeting Computer (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Get some Autothrusters

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Q_res posted:

Darth Vader (29)
Expert Handling (2)
Concussion Missiles (4)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Tetran Cowall (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Targeting Computer (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Kir Kanos (24)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Targeting Computer (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

There's a lot going on there, but I'll point out two things.
1. Shield/hull upgrades are rarely worth the points. You're almost always better off spending those points to up your offense.
2. Proton rockets are fantastic on Vader. Rolling 5 dice at range one is :kiss:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Q_res posted:

Darth Vader (29)
Expert Handling (2)
Concussion Missiles (4)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Tetran Cowall (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Targeting Computer (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Kir Kanos (24)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Targeting Computer (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Drop Cowall for a PTL Soontir Fel. Give those Royal Guard Interceptors some Autothrusters and Stealth Devices. Interceptors live and die on their green dice their ability to arc dodge.

Replace Vaders Shield Upgrade for an Engine Upgrade to give him a boost action, and make his ride the TIE/x1 so you can equip Adv Targeting Computer.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Sir WIlli just released the Wave 10 microhangars and some other stuff.

http://sirwillibald.com/x-wing-wave-10-finally/

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I'm behind, I still have to make boxes for some Wave 9 stuff. I don't have a color inkjet printer anymore... :(

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Raged posted:

They are never going to nerf Biggs. It's been 9 waves since his launch. When I come against him, I tend to try to bump all the ships he is protecting then unload on him since obviously he is range one or at worst range 2.

Works really well against Ghost/Biggs. I have heard quite a few people get miffed when he dies in one round.

Biggs already got nerfed once. I could see them nerfing him if they gave all Rebel ships some kind of durability/agility boost, but it would have to be across the board.

It's also possible Paul Heaver is a great player, and probably could have won with Scum big ships like every other scrub

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
StarVipers are cool. I wish to run a StarViper squadron, and that previous squadron with the extra Z-95 thrown in sounds like my jam.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The Auzituck Gunship should have a hull value of 0.15

While I am in love with the Scurrg and don't really mind the Tie Agressor, I.. really don't care for the Auzituck Gunship. I made some comments about this to my brother-in-law (former player of the game), and after reading the wookiepedia article on the ship which details how this ship is literally made out of wood and sap*, in a fit of hilarity, we discussed the prospect of a spaceship made of wood and sap fighting alongside ships composed of military grade titanium alloy. It was only a matter of time before he decided to "crunch the numbers".

Here's what he had to share-

Since the X-wing hull is made of titanium alloy (assuming titanium comprises a majority of the alloy ratio), the ultimate tensile strength of an X-wing's hull could range from 434 Mpa (63,000 psi) [100% titanium] to 1400 Mpa (200,000 psi) [titanium beta C alloy]. Unfortunately there are no hard numbers on Wroshyr wood (type of wood from the wroshyr tree of Kashyyyk) which is the main material of the Auzituck Gunship; assuming that Wroshyr wood is as strong (or marginally stronger) than the strongest hardwood found in the US, the Black Locust wood has a tensile strength of 70 Mpa (10,180 psi). Using basic ratio to find the relative hull value of the Auzituck Gunship (70/1400= x/3); the hull value for this "gunship" should be 0.15."

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

A wooden ship might be even dumber than the guy with lightsaber knees. Is everything in the thing made of wood or just like the hull.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
The Wookiepedia article says it's only the interior that's made out of wood :shrug:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The Wookiepedia article says it's only the interior that's made out of wood :shrug:

Sounds luxurious

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Wookieepedia says interior, but let's not pretend it's only supposed to be luxury car wooden panels. It's the EU, this thing is a full -on wooden starship with a metal shell when it's described as having a wooden interior.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

Wookieepedia says interior, but let's not pretend it's only supposed to be luxury car wooden panels. It's the EU, this thing is a full -on wooden starship with a metal shell when it's described as having a wooden interior.

I was thinking closer to "conversion van" than luxury car, which explains the 2 crew slots for the captains chairs in back.
Curtains and blinds on the windows, and maybe a 7 inch CRT TV in the ceiling with a Nintendo.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Chill la Chill posted:

I guess? I mean, those specific details come from a literal book for children, so I'm not sure why it really matters. Personally, I like the thing-it looks like the Star Wars equivalent of a Cobra gunship, and I love the idea of having door gunners in spaaaaace.

Basically, what I'm saying is that there's a non-zero chance I'm going to take one, slap Vectored Thrusters on it, and pretend I'm playing one of the helicopter missions from Ace Combat Assault Horizon.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Wooden Starship is the name of my Starship cover band.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
What is the point of separating shields out from hull? Isn't there only one thing that lets you regen shields?

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
R5-P9, R2-D2, Gonk, the thing where you take an Ion token to recharge your shields. Crits don't go through shields. There's lots of reasons.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

What is the point of separating shields out from hull? Isn't there only one thing that lets you regen shields?

The main purpose is that you can't suffer crits on your shields.

There are also, as of now, at least two dozen upgrades and abilities that distinguish shields from hulls.

Happylisk
May 19, 2004

Leisure Suit Barry '08
My friend stomped me with this in a casual game:

Rey flying the Falcon, along with Finn, C-3PO, Expertise, Millennium Falcon title, Engine upgrade.
Jan Ors with a TLT.

When it was in arc it would hit for its base damage + 1 from jan ors + a blank from finn, which all focus turning into hits and 2 reolls on blanks. It's defenses weren't fantastic, but it dished out a ton of damage. I was flying a TLT Miranda, a pretty conventional Norra Wexley (PTL + R2D2), and a TLT rebel operative in a HWK. My list beat some brobots handily before this match, but got crushed by Rey.

Any suggestions for a Rebel list that can take that Rey on? I'm guessing keep out of arc is key.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Go after Jan first, because the HWK may as well be made out of wood for all the durability it has.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Chill la Chill posted:

Wooden Starship is the name of my Starship cover band.

It's also a good name for a Gay Bar, to circle back to a previous conversation :)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Rey suffers when stressed or blocked. If you can block and focus fire, Falcons go down fast.
Anything that deals stress totally neuters ships with Expertise. I played against a similar list with a list including Assaj and I don't think Expertise triggered even once.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Treat that list like you're flying against Biggs/Ghost and slam into the falcon if you have to be in arc, or stay out of arc, and blast Jan Ors until she's dead. Kanan crew lets it act like a defender, but otherwise it's weak. If you have a stress generator, it's doubly weak.

My friend and I were chatting about the wooden starship, which led to the K-wing and how terrible it looked, which got us talking on what would look suitably better for the same role, which turned into the P-50->XP-82->P-61 Black Widow. Imagine how cool of a ship if we had gotten that instead. :negative: I say "instead", even though the K-wing was just initially a throwaway ship in a comic book panel. This thing could conceivably drop have a small bomb bay like a y-wing and have the front cone replaced with a chin turret and would own.

ConfusedUs posted:

It's also a good name for a Gay Bar, to circle back to a previous conversation :)
Bingo. I think I've got a winner. I still have to incorporate The Outer Rim and everything else

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 20, 2017

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Go after Jan first, because the HWK may as well be made out of wood for all the durability it has.

And just like a panel van, the thing needs like 8 lanes to turn around so you should have no problem just chasing it down with whatever and killing it. Its dial is horrible. "Oh noes the red 4-straight!"

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

K-Wings look rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happylisk
May 19, 2004

Leisure Suit Barry '08

canyoneer posted:

Rey suffers when stressed or blocked. If you can block and focus fire, Falcons go down fast.
Anything that deals stress totally neuters ships with Expertise. I played against a similar list with a list including Assaj and I don't think Expertise triggered even once.

I hadn't caught that stress kills expertise, I'll definitely add some stressers to my list!

• Locked thread