Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've run into four or five. They were all much easier than that one though and didn't require navigating an object. That one is pretty easy if you do it right, by the way, just flip your controller upside down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Following up on this, I did beat it the third try and really easily too with only five hearts and no divine beasts killed. Had a ton of fun doing it even after dying twice.

Ya, Eventide is excellent. I just wish the shrine reward had been more in line with the difficulty of getting to it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I found eventide very early when i had like 4 hearts and died, and i havent gone back even though now i have like 15 hearts

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
One of my favorite activities is seeing how low I can get to the ground and keep paragliding.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

How many motion control shrines are there? The one where you move the ball around on the platform thing legitimately made me stop playing it was retarded as gently caress

Not too many, and most of them are easier and shorter than that.

Also you can cheese the hell out of that one in two different ways.

First: turn the platform correctly and you can make the ball fall down right in the middle of the final path so you don't have to navigate the maze.

Or second, and even better: flip the controller over and the platform will flip over completely, giving you a flat surface to work with.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Cojawfee posted:

One of my favorite activities is seeing how low I can get to the ground and keep paragliding.

It's great when you find juuuuust the right slope. Forget shield surfing, gliding ~3ft off the ground is where it's at.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Harrow posted:

Not too many, and most of them are easier and shorter than that.

Also you can cheese the hell out of that one in two different ways.

First: turn the platform correctly and you can make the ball fall down right in the middle of the final path so you don't have to navigate the maze.

Or second, and even better: flip the controller over and the platform will flip over completely, giving you a flat surface to work with.

Yeah I eventually got it by doing the first method but the wii u motion controls didnt translate accurately at all. Complete crapshoot. Like flipping the controller upside down just rotated the platform at a weird angle

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So, upon testing, Lynels (or at least Silver ones, since that's all that spawns for me now) are immune to elemental damage. They take only base damage from all elemental weapons.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Got a confused text from my kids day care because he was telling them about sneaking up on "Lizard Bros" but then "the blood moon wises once again"

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Yeah I eventually got it by doing the first method but the wii u motion controls didnt translate accurately at all. Complete crapshoot. Like flipping the controller upside down just rotated the platform at a weird angle

I hated that shrine but the rest of the motion control ones aren't so bad. I haven't done every shrine yet--I'm 20 away from that--but I've only found a handful more, and they all require much less precision.

No argument about the unsuitability for the Wii U's motion controls for that maze platform shrine. I discovered that first solution totally accidentally because my controller was out of sync and I turned it that way while trying to do something else :v: Like part of me wonders if cheesing that puzzle is actually the intended solution because I can't imagine having the patience and precision to actually guide the ball through the maze.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

African AIDS cum posted:

Yeah what pissed me off before i flipped the controller was that if I didn't come out of the puzzle to reset the controller, i'd have pivot myself left over and over again.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
I'm pretty decked out in 'mid-late game weapons and gear, is there any reason to visit hyrule castle and town early beyond thrill seeking or farming royal weapons? I'm a little sad I didn't try it earlier but at this point based on some of the reports in this thread I kind of want to face it as a final dungeon.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Augus posted:

If you run straight to Hyrule Castle without doing anything else you need to do a boss rush of the blights you didn't kill, and the order you fight them in is Wind>Water>Fire>Thunder. So yeah.

Of course I did the goddamn hardest one first. :doh:

Time go find all of the Hidden Memory Locations. They're part of "100%-ing" the game, right?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Mace Bacon posted:

Time go find all of the Hidden Memory Locations. They're part of "100%-ing" the game, right?

100% is based on map locations, shrines, and korok seeds only I believe. That is, the % on the slate. Armor, upgrades, memories, sidequests, and compendiums don't contribute.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

100% is based on map locations, shrines, and korok seeds only I believe. That is, the % on the slate. Armor, upgrades, memories, sidequests, and compendiums don't contribute.

Thanks. Time to find those little fellas and their seeds then.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mace Bacon posted:

Thanks. Time to find those little fellas and their seeds then.

There's only 900! Good luck!

AnarkiJ
Sep 17, 2006

Oh Mister Murphy!
Mary Jane!

Guys, I never post but, I literally just noticed that the flood plains in this game actually, well, flood. I was just up in torin wetlands wandering in circles when it rained and the whole area filled up. Which was cool by itself but actually watching it drain again when it stopped raining was wow. Sad I know

Like I can't imagine what purpose it would even serve, gameplay wise, the water doesn't take long to drain so it's not like it stays super useful for shock weapons/arrows or whatever.

Edit - sorry if this has already been noted I was just excited and I swear I've read this whole drat thread.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

RCarr posted:

There's only 900! Good luck!

Oh jeez I'll just get enough to really fill out my weapons slot then. Good thing I don't have that need to 100% a game. I feel bad for people who do now.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
This is a friendly reminder that Korok "Seeds" are actually referred to as their droppings and emit a weird odor.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It's cool how there's like multiple different types of weather in the game

Like for rain sometimes you just get light showers while other times it comes down so heavy your visibility goes to poop

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

This is a friendly reminder that Korok "Seeds" are actually referred to as their droppings and emit a weird odor.

but they go in Hestu's maracas?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Harrow posted:

Lynels shrug off all the elements except for Urbosa's Fury. I don't know about the ice taluses, but the igneo ones are temporarily cooled by frost weapons.

Does urbosas make them drop weapon or is killing them outright the only way to get their poo poo?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

thechosenone posted:

but they go in Hestu's maracas?

lovely music.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
I enjoy killing the goats as it's the best voice acting in game

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The biggest katamari snowball I've managed to make so far is about four times Link's size. I just wish they would roll up those snow lizards...

Mace Bacon posted:

Oh jeez I'll just get enough to really fill out my weapons slot then. Good thing I don't have that need to 100% a game. I feel bad for people who do now.

I didn't think I needed to upgrade my shield slots until I started fighting guardians regularly. Now I keep a few crappy pot lids and the like handy for those occasions.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nephzinho posted:

This is the worst possible answer you could have given that guy.

Mace Bacon posted:

Yes memories are part of what I assume you meant, which is doing all the stuff that changes the ending. You need memories, divine beasts and The master sword. Don't worry about anything else and only do as much as you want to.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Is there anything in this game that you only get one shot at? Like if you don't talk to this person at a certain time you can never ever get something? Or if you fail a mission you can never re-try it? Things like that.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is there anything in this game that you only get one shot at? Like if you don't talk to this person at a certain time you can never ever get something? Or if you fail a mission you can never re-try it? Things like that.

No. The only perma-missable loot are the chests inside dungeons and they don't count towards your percentage.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yes, there's a piece of cold resistant gear in the tutorial that if you miss it you can't get it again. It's not very good, can't be upgraded, but you might wind up using it if you go off in random directions after the tutorial is over.

Also, if you don't get treasure chests from the insides of the great beasts, those go away permanently when you finish them. The game warns you about this, and generally it's not a big deal to not pick up another sword or bow.

And I think that's literally it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

Yes, there's a piece of cold resistant gear in the tutorial that if you miss it you can't get it again. It's not very good, can't be upgraded, but you might wind up using it if you go off in random directions after the tutorial is over.

You can get this after completing the plateau by going back to his house.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jose Oquendo posted:

Chests inside Divine Beasts are gone forever after you beat the dungeon (not that it matters)
The four blights you only get one chance to take pictures of, otherwise you'll need to beat the game and then buy them if you want to fill out the Compendium.
While not permanently missable, low- and mid-tier enemies and weapons become substantially harder to get pictures of if you wait too long since many of them will be replaced with tougher variants. Or again, you'll have to buy them.

I think that's it? The game is huge so I might be overlooking stuff. I've heard some people running into trouble with Shrine Quests where they found the shrine without getting that actual quest but I'm not sure how prevalent these issues are.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Yes memories are part of what I assume you meant, which is doing all the stuff that changes the ending. You need memories, divine beasts and The master sword. Don't worry about anything else and only do as much as you want to.

Two out of three done, thanks!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Augus posted:

I think that's it? The game is huge so I might be overlooking stuff. I've heard some people running into trouble with Shrine Quests where they found the shrine without getting that actual quest but I'm not sure how prevalent these issues are.

I've done that a few times, but all it means is that when you find the person who gives you the shrine quest, it immediately gets marked as completed.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Regy Rusty posted:

You can get this after completing the plateau by going back to his house.

You can also just buy it in Hateno.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there a reward for completing the compendium? Anything at all?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

RCarr posted:

Is there a reward for completing the compendium? Anything at all?

The pleasure of a job well done?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Well hey, this just showed up in my YouTube feed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmIgjAM0uh0

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

I don't kill the foxes because they're too chill. I love sneaking up on the animals with the stealth gear and watching them panic when they realize there's a ninja in their face.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

parallelodad posted:

Got a confused text from my kids day care because he was telling them about sneaking up on "Lizard Bros" but then "the blood moon wises once again"

:allears: It's great that kids have a game like BotW to grow up on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/wwwdotyoutube/status/840780026899501056
:same: