Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I'm seeing a lot of synergy in the build but nobody has really done anything similar in the official forums which leads me to believe it's utter shite. I think I'm just gonna try it and see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.

deep dish peat moss posted:

I never finished mine and it's sort of purpose-built for farming Lab but feel free to check out my Champion FB Warchiefs guy:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/benh1987/characters

You're not going to be a Champion and you'll probably be better off for it so use whatever ascendancy you want.

I use Trolltimber to get my totems to leech to me, I wanted insta-leech so I went over to VP, you could save yourself 10 points by not doing that. Trolltimber is actually good, this build does some really crazy things with leech but it's a 10 point investment to use one unique that has better alternatives available. Spend those 10 points on life regen instead if you want to use a different shield.

If you're using Voidheart get one Ignite node (I did the one in the top left under the area cluster) for triple dot shennanigans and run Vuln as your curse to ramp them up. According to PoB my DPS is 150k per totem but I 100-0 regular Atziri in about 3 seconds which is several orders of magnitude faster than my 150k DPS per totem 2H build with no dots (Which couldn't 100-0 at all before her phase change, and getting her to the phase change took a lot of running around and dodging)

There's not much room for flexibility in FB build gearing so you're stuck with a lot of uniques that will leave you starved for stats you want, Le Heup is a good way to get them (30% inc damage, 30 all attributes, 30 all resists on a perfect roll), boots and amulet are the only slots I run non-uniques in and being resist starved means no movespeed on boots. Hope you like shield charge! This leaves me with relatively low health (I believe 5500, been playing my golemancer for a while). Depending on how you feel about that and what you do with the character you might want to make a bigger investment into life nodes than I have, or drop the Le Heup. I wish I could use Kaom's but it's just a bad idea with Facebreakers since you need chest for your 5l/6l. If you're going to drop uniques for more life, make it Meginord's first and Le Heup second, everything else is too important to lose.

It's my first time playing FB totems and something I slapped together that works just fine for anything up to T15, I wouldn't try harder on this character personally due to low life and having a different character I use for endgame stuff.

Thanks for the input, I'll try it out when I get home!

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

rap music posted:

I'm seeing a lot of synergy in the build but nobody has really done anything similar in the official forums which leads me to believe it's utter shite. I think I'm just gonna try it and see.

Are you wanting to hit people with your flaming stick, shoot them with fire from a distance, shoot them with fire up close, or have totems do any of the above? All of those could fall into the "fire inquisitor" category.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
You could also shoot them with lightning which shoots them with fire :science:

But yeah, it'd help if you gave us an idea of what skills you wanted to use, an idea of your tree, etc.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

It's tough to say without much in game experience but I think fire up close is probably the way I'm leaning from looking at the build on paper. Let me get some time under my belt and I'll have no shortage of questions to hound you guys with.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

why is poe.trade listing all the 1.5ex kaoms before the 100c kaoms? how much does it think ex are right now?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Any idea on a price on this? I just crafted ES and it can be scoured.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Awesome! posted:

why is poe.trade listing all the 1.5ex kaoms before the 100c kaoms? how much does it think ex are right now?
The multi-currency sorting is out of what this league, I've been noticing fair share of similar errors.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Bugsy posted:

Any idea on a price on this? I just crafted ES and it can be scoured.

lightning damage, accuracy, mana, crafted es

im gonna say 0 chaos bob

http://poe.trade/search/usukitakahabas

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Awesome! posted:

Ex:Chaos conversions have been all wacky this league because there are multiple groups price fixing them and I think poetrade gets tripped up on it sometimes. Ex prices can go from 70 to 85 overnight then back to 65 the next day.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

The chaos:ex ratio is manually set by the site owner so that ratio is out of date.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Cool I spent 15 exalts on a build and it's not playable. I kind of want to quit this league now, but I really want 36 challenges too...

For reference: if you have 9 auras with something like SRS (I'm guessing Animate Weapon and Spectres also do this) the game will be unplayably stuttery as the server literally can't handle the auras going on and off so many minions. It was no problem with 4 auras but started getting unplayable at 7 auras and I have up to 9.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Ultima66 posted:

Cool I spent 15 exalts on a build and it's not playable. I kind of want to quit this league now, but I really want 36 challenges too...

For reference: if you have 9 auras with something like SRS (I'm guessing Animate Weapon and Spectres also do this) the game will be unplayably stuttery as the server literally can't handle the auras going on and off so many minions. It was no problem with 4 auras but started getting unplayable at 7 auras and I have up to 9.

Just buy them. Spent a day in 820 getting the last 7 invasion bosses...

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3

Ultima66 posted:

My current character is a low life necromancer running 9 auras and SRS, usually with a buddy, and I never have lag problems.
I'm running it under Direct X 11, maybe that helps if you aren't?

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Two days ago I got 70c for an ex, just a little insight into what people are paying

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

Two days ago I got 70c for an ex, just a little insight into what people are paying

Trade 820 today had a lot of people buying and selling for 77c

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

its your old pal mbt with a psa:

if anyone is still doing the chaos recipe maybe stop lol

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Squee posted:

My current character is a low life necromancer running 9 auras and SRS, usually with a buddy, and I never have lag problems.
I'm running it under Direct X 11, maybe that helps if you aren't?

Yeah, I'm the same build. I'm also on DX 11, not sure what the difference is then. Maybe it'll fix itself today. It shouldn't be a problem with my machine or internet connection. Running through content was perfectly fine on 4 auras until I switched to low life. I tried changing video settings but nothing else and couldn't fix the issue.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

its your old pal mbt with a psa:

if anyone is still doing the chaos recipe maybe stop lol

Why

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Is this feasable as a berzerker frost blades build?

https://www.poeurl.com/bctC

or should I just ride the train and go pathfinder.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Is frost blades actually good now or just less bad

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

You still have to click on enemies, also the threshold jewel that gives a lot of cold pen only gives cold pen on the initial melee hit and not the blades.

But the pack clear is reasonable now. Single target will pretty much always be mediocre because it's a melee skill with 1 click = 1 instance of damage on an enemy, with the possibility of Multistrike. Note how all the popular melee skills do extra hits beyond the 1 click = 1 hit and all of them can be supported with Conc Effect for extra single target (Earthquake, Ancestral Warchief, Blade Flurry, Cyclone).

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Hauki posted:

Is frost blades actually good now or just less bad

It's good now so long as you're willing to join in the meta that is CI. Everyone talks about how just a big es pool is so much better then a mediocre life pool, but in reality, the amount of points you save is huge as well. I'd definitely roll a raider or pathfinder as well. Inquis is still decent I'm sure, but the vast amount of penetration you can get from the tree and flasks makes ranger the obvious choice imo. Basically, you grab the elemental cluster in the bottom right and vitality void. Then from ranger start, head straight up to VP, and then you know the rest, ES and shadow crit, etc.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Well, after experimenting a whole lot trying to find a cheap durable build that can consistently do deathless shaper/guardian runs, I'm kinda sad to report that instead of something new or interesting, it's just righteous fire. Kaom's and Rise are the only definite requirements. Lot of room for further investment, but just that and decent life/resist gear will do it.

The value of being able to do a lot of damage while moving constantly is hard to overstate in boss fights where positioning is so crucial. The huge life pool and regen are also really nice for learning new fights, which will be handy for 3.0. Unless someone cooks up something really amazing in the meantime, I think I'm gonna conclude my search.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I haven't been following much PoE news since early last year. I heard something about the new expansion removing the different difficulties since the game will be so long with the new acts? Or will the resist debuff gradually ramp up as you get further through the acts or something?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Ambaire posted:

I haven't been following much PoE news since early last year. I heard something about the new expansion removing the different difficulties since the game will be so long with the new acts? Or will the resist debuff gradually ramp up as you get further through the acts or something?

Both.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Yeah there will be story events that lower your resists twice during the new campaign. Bandit rewards are once only. But you should still have roughly the same number of skill points by the time you finish the campaign. Same availability of misc rewards in theory too, just at different spots.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

YoungSexualNorton posted:

Well, after experimenting a whole lot trying to find a cheap durable build that can consistently do deathless shaper/guardian runs, I'm kinda sad to report that instead of something new or interesting, it's just righteous fire. Kaom's and Rise are the only definite requirements. Lot of room for further investment, but just that and decent life/resist gear will do it.

The value of being able to do a lot of damage while moving constantly is hard to overstate in boss fights where positioning is so crucial. The huge life pool and regen are also really nice for learning new fights, which will be handy for 3.0. Unless someone cooks up something really amazing in the meantime, I think I'm gonna conclude my search.

Do you have link to build/gear? I have only 6k life with my totems and I'm interested in 10k!

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
One high gardens map dropped 2 crystal belts and a reliquary key, so that was probably the quickest ~120c I've made
Also, really glad I started using the neversink filter and the trade macro, else I'd probably just be vendoring a lot of this stuff. Not sure I want to think about how many of those types of things I vendored when I started in breach league, not even counting the exalt I tossed on a random level 50 item in cruel.

I've just been collecting currency slowly and probably really inefficiently compared to someone who knows what they're doing. Now that I have a few exalts worth I should probably upgrade some of my gear, since most of it is still 2-5c pieces, or stuff I crafted.

How much is 2500 evasion worth on a chest piece? Found a 6 socket and crafted it with an essence and 5 linked it. Only 59 life, and ~40 total resist after a master craft. Been using this but feel like I want a 6 link soon, so I was wondering if I should try to link the one I have or just buy one. Its a zodiac leather and not an assassin garb.
I like the high evasion since I can run hatred over grace and still be around 46-50% evade chance and the only 6L things in that evasion range I saw on poe.trade were 7+ ex, but they also had better mods.

I was wearing an abyssus that I found for a while, but the +50% phys damage taken was getting hard to work around in T12+ even swapping hatred for either grace or blasphemy enfeeble.
Switched to a starkonja and things are way more comfortable. Still kill things fast enough with blade flurry poison, and conc effect has melted every boss up to T15, but I still dream of the insane dps I'd have if I could use abyssus with both ash and hatred without being popped like a pimple.

Also, selling maps is just a constant trickle of income. So much easier than trying to wrap my head around trying to price rare drops.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Thanks to the help of goons in the guild I've managed to ungimp my gear. I can reasonably run T1, but can still get wrecked on Dried lake if I'm not paying attention. what's the next step?

Is it just chaning T1's?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Oodles posted:

Thanks to the help of goons in the guild I've managed to ungimp my gear. I can reasonably run T1, but can still get wrecked on Dried lake if I'm not paying attention. what's the next step?

Is it just chaning T1's?

Whats your build? Pretty much anything should be able to run dried lake very comfortably unless you either have no life or es on the tree or are not responsible capped.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My usual strategy is to farm Dried Lake until 75 or 80, depending on the build and how hosed it is. My current character for example just hit 75 and finally capped resistances after having to play musical chairs with IIQ gear. I could move on to maps at this point, but since I'm still getting stupid xp/hour I'm going to ride it out further.

For climbing the Atlas, you've got a few options: 1) you can play naturally, starting with T1s that drop in the wild and progressing through drops 2) ask the guild for maps or 3) buy them. Buying maps can be a motherfucker as far as annoyances go.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/60mc9f/followup_on_the_leaguestone_exploit/

Chris is disappointed in reddit.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lmao.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Count Uvula posted:

Whats your build? Pretty much anything should be able to run dried lake very comfortably unless you either have no life or es on the tree or are not responsible capped.

SRS Auromancer. I've got about 1.2k life and 2.5k ES with my clarity (or is it discipline?). Which is a drat site better than I was. I could do with something that ups my damage on the minions, and I've only got a 4 link, as I don't have any chaos orbs to drop on a 5 link.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oodles posted:

SRS Auromancer. I've got about 1.2k life and 2.5k ES with my clarity (or is it discipline?). Which is a drat site better than I was. I could do with something that ups my damage on the minions, and I've only got a 4 link, as I don't have any chaos orbs to drop on a 5 link.
Discipline, Clarity increases mana regeneration. Also ouch, hybrid 3.7k at Merciless dried lake doesn't sound comfortable.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rav%C3%ADent

Dude who reported the bug on the eight :D

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Discipline, Clarity increases mana regeneration. Also ouch, hybrid 3.7k at Merciless dried lake doesn't sound comfortable.

See if this works https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/_SA_Oodles/characters

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Fyndel's MF friend got banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.

Ihmemies posted:

Do you have link to build/gear? I have only 6k life with my totems and I'm interested in 10k!

SmallSexualNorton over here. I've been working on balancing offense vs defense which is why I'm currently on inquisitor. I'm not convinced it's the best choice for passive RF where all I'm doing is running around casting orb of storms and scorching ray totem. While I'm on it I might try using malachai's artifice for EE and self casting flame surge. Kinda does away with the concept of constant mobility but the added damage could be worth it.

• Locked thread