Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3OpgwpgqXA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Close-ish, but a little more "I am being brutally murdered."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ensign Expendable posted:

When I moved to downtown Toronto I heard awful Zerg-like shrieking every night, turns out that's what raccoons sound like.

:stare: There's a bunch of raccoons living in my trailer park, including in a tree in our yard, and I'm very happy they're quiet little guys

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

That carbomb story is loving NUTS. I wonder what that guy's opinion on mens rights is... Someone could probably get him to admit he thinks his mom sperm-jacked his father and deserved what she got (a car bomb). Reminds me of the dude that got sent to jail because he slapped his toddler so hard in the face he drew blood. He got out on bail, wrote a psychotic manifesto all about how women are evil and we should fire bomb police stations, and then he burned himself to death in front of the county courthouse in the middle of the day :stare:.

Edit: Point is, psychopaths care a LOT about paternity

A Moose fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 20, 2017

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

A Moose posted:

then he burned himself to death in front of the county courthouse in the middle of the day :stare:.

That's one of those things the guy probably did it, lit himself on fire, and was like "oh gently caress I immediately regret this decision" because that is not a good way to go out.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

MF_James posted:

That's one of those things the guy probably did it, lit himself on fire, and was like "oh gently caress I immediately regret this decision" because that is not a good way to go out.

Yeah, that's how my mom went, and it was not pleasant

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Ensign Expendable posted:

When I moved to downtown Toronto I heard awful Zerg-like shrieking every night, turns out that's what raccoons sound like.

I remember the first time I heard a mountain lion in the woods near my house. I thought there was a woman being murdered.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I really don't think that guy has an ideology beyond 'no gently caress you dad mom!'

What can I[30F] do to convince my new neighbor[early 30sF] of a few weeks that what's she's doing is unsafe?

quote:

We,my husband[33M] and I[30F],live out in the boonies. One lane, no streetlights, don't see anyone for days at a time, you get the idea.

We had a new neighbor[early 30s F] move in a few weeks ago, she's our closest neighbor at half a mile away. She likes to go for walks alone at night without so much as a hiking pole.

We have animal problems here, eastern coyotes, Bobcats, bears and rumors of a mountain lion(we supposedly way too far east but I've had very reliable people that say they've seen them) not to mention all the raccoons and bats. The main with the smaller animals is rabies, which runs rampant.

The problems with the larger animals are only going to get worse. Around October the coyote pups are grown and practicing hunting, the bears and bobcats are trying to fatten up.

She even walks down to the river by herself in the dark, which requires going through thick forest. She grew up in an urban area and before moving had never gone further than suburbia.

She doesn't believe me about the dangers, I asked her to at least take a walking stick/hiking pole and even offered her our extra one. She refused to use one.

How can I convince her before she seriously injures herself?

gotta suck moving into an RPG neighborhood, if you don't luck into having a merchant for a neighbor you gotta grind, like, 50 coyotes with the starter gear before one drops a proper sword.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I roll for initiative to attack the coyote pup with my bo staff.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

It's dangerous to go alone, take this!

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

gotta suck moving into an RPG neighborhood, if you don't luck into having a merchant for a neighbor you gotta grind, like, 50 coyotes with the starter gear before one drops a proper sword.
It's okay, she minored in magic missile.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Just date the GM and you're on easy street. Unless you're my old HS GM, he didn't let his GF get away with poo poo. Happily married now.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Pvt.Scott posted:

Close-ish, but a little more "I am being brutally murdered."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk1mAd77Hr4

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I really don't think that guy has an ideology beyond 'no gently caress you dad mom!'

What can I[30F] do to convince my new neighbor[early 30sF] of a few weeks that what's she's doing is unsafe?

lol OP is a giant scaredy cat

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I missed the angry monkey noises, and can't seem to search for it very well on mobile.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Fiance [31 m] and I [31 f] are viscous to each other when drinking, but wonderful when sober. Together for 3 years.

quote:

This has been a running theme throughout our relationship, since we have been living together.

We CAN NOT drink without some sort of argument or fight inevitably manifesting. We are both recovering addicts; him from heroin, myself from speed. I haven't used in 10 years, he has not used in 3.5. That is probably not all that relevant, except to point out that we do indeed have addict brains and enjoy being intoxicated...therefore, we do drink from time to time.

Normally, we share a box of wine throughout the night. Usually there's a couple of six packs on hand as well. This isn't a daily or even weekly thing, its very sporadic...for example, if one of us has a long weekend coming up, we will drink. Hard to really pin point how often this happens, but on average, probably once a month.

As I am typing this, I'm realizing how complicated this is. We aren't bad people. I'm an ethologist and spend a lot of time volunteering my services to shelter animals (as well as foster work, which includes dogs, raccoons, big cats, and a plethora of exotics). He is very animal savvy and earns money as my assistant. So we have a lot of control over when/how we work. And for potential addicts, this is rough. We can drink whenever we like.
Which isn't every day or every week. But. Its probably too much.

Anyhow. There is a lot of stress in our lives. This is why, IMHO, we argue. My MIL suffered a stroke last year and is currently bedridden. She is...not easy to work with. Mean. Pushy. Tantrums at all hours every day. It wears on us.

My FIL had a stroke 5 or 6 years ago. He sexually, physically, emotionally abused my husband when he was a boy. He is slightly more coherent and can walk, but he is severely challenged. They both need outside help, and we give it.

Between changing my MIL's diapers, corralling my FIL (who is hard not to hate...even now, he is a vile and difficult person), and my insanely depressed fiance...I am stressed. We have a daughter who lives with mother 2,000 miles away and lost two twin boys early this year.

When we drink, we bring up petty and non relevant issues that when sober...we would be able to address without an issue. Its never about something major, never about jealousy or cheating or whatever. But these small issues turn into giant, scathing screaming matches. And when we get up the next day, we laugh at how ridiculous they were.

Every day, he tells me how much he loves me. Asks me to marry him. Is sweet and back to the man I fell in love with.

But is love enough at this point? I am so lost and so confused. Therapy is not an option...he will not agree to that, I have tried.

sometimes people post stories to r/relationships and what they need to do is obvious cause they're clearly not actually looking for advice, and sometimes... could you really not work out the solution yourself, here?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Fiance [31 m] and I [31 f] are viscous to each other when drinking, but wonderful when sober. Together for 3 years.
I choose to believe this is not a typo.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

jus' two people who already know they can't handle their substances getting good and thick and screaming at each other all night, trying to figure out whether each other or the bottle is the more expendable thing in their lives

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah that's the most blatant "seeking anything but the obvious truth" post I've seen yet.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the solution the OP worked out, with the help of reddit commenters, is that they take turns being the mean drunk

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
My relationship is perfect except when we take guided tours through phnom penh in mandarin

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

my ex-boss would always look like poo poo because he'd get drunk, beat his wife, and once he passed out she'd beat him.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

the solution the OP worked out, with the help of reddit commenters, is that they take turns being the mean drunk

genius, so elegant

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

my ex-boss would always look like poo poo because he'd get drunk, beat his wife, and once he passed out she'd beat him.

woah

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

:stare:

:catstare:

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

yep. Then he'd show up to work, sleep in his office, and go around mad the rest of the day at everyone. I was eighteen working at his hardware store. Eventually I just walked out.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

She and her husband had better ambush their neighbor to prove how dangerous the outdoors are.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

yep. Then he'd show up to work, sleep in his office, and go around mad the rest of the day at everyone. I was eighteen working at his hardware store. Eventually I just walked out.

At least they had a balanced relationship.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Gloryhold It! posted:

Yeah, that's how my mom went, and it was not pleasant

:catstare:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I never trust people who are mean drunks.

That's a level beyond just "mean drunk", though.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

they have extremely stressful lives otherwise and severe chemical dependence problems so there's a lean shot at either of them having a pleasant future sober either, but if they really are handling poo poo otherwise maybe they should stop loving drinking and see if they wind up okay

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Best memory of my childhood

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Incoherence posted:

I never trust people who are mean drunks.

That's a level beyond just "mean drunk", though.

i knew a guy who was very normal and sweet while sober who became a raging rear end in a top hat when drunk. i mostly overlooked it because i was trying to get into his roommate's pants at the time, but when he got violent with his gf at a house party, i decided i couldn't really be around him anymore.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

i knew a guy who was very normal and sweet while sober who became a raging rear end in a top hat when drunk. i mostly overlooked it because i was trying to get into his roommate's pants at the time, but when he got violent with his gf at a house party, i decided i couldn't really be around him anymore.

You should have taken his dog to the mat and put it in a submission hold while you pounded its kidneys with merciless rabbit punches.

After that bonding experience, you could have talked to the guy about getting help.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

haha that is loving awesome

my mum used to pinch me when I was asleep if I was naughty during the day so that brings back some warm memories

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Jeff Sichoe posted:

haha that is loving awesome

my mum used to pinch me when I was asleep if I was naughty during the day so that brings back some warm memories

Spousal abuse and retaliation : "loving awesome" - you

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I am what I am

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
most of you need to go to therapy

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

chernobyl kinsman posted:

most of you need to go to therapy

New thread subforum forum title please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Everyone told me to go to therapy, then after a few meets my therapist got bored and told me maybe I should come back in a few months. It's a sham. Besides, reddit seems good enough.

I Was The Fury posted:

New thread subforum forum title please

wasn't that an E/N forum title at one point

Faffel fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 21, 2017