Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tae posted:

Nah, it's Sentai. You get ranges for both the zords and Kame Riders power suits like the Tekkaman guys.

I think that game was called Lost Heroes for the PSP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I would bet on Pacific Rim before I'd bet on Megas XLR.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Blockhouse posted:

okay, correction: the last barrier that is actually a thing that might happen

Yamato happened. I am now going to believe in the impossible!

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Midjack posted:

I think that game was called Lost Heroes for the PSP.

There's also Super Toku Wars.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

id take irresponsible captain tylor

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'd take Dragon Ball.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
I'd take JoJo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

super shonen wars would be cool but only if they use part 4 of jojo's and not part 3

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
R-Type. Because I want to see everyone freak out about the BYDO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUJ_VE7vLBM

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I'd like to see more of Xenosaga than just KOS-MOS in OG Saga.

Or Xenogears.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i want liberation maiden and metal wolf chaos so that the president of the us and the president of japan can interact

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Endorph posted:

i want liberation maiden and metal wolf chaos so that the president of the us and the president of japan can interact

:same:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

loving hell it took a goddamn month but I finally got my copy of V in.

On stage 6. Game's fun so far and of course, yamato is bonkers. It's also cool to see the f91 in a srw game again.

Not really feeling Chitose's music though.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Endorph posted:

:same:

Also, finally my copy of V got here, but I need to pick it up tomorrow, since the delivery person couldn't wait a minute for my bro to get out of the bathroom. Looking forward to it like hell.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

I don't even know what Liberation Maiden is, but Metal Wolf Chaos is enough by itself to make this :same:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Supremezero posted:

I don't even know what Liberation Maiden is, but Metal Wolf Chaos is enough by itself to make this :same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miWIxJJkLkI

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

So Metal Wolf Chaos, but set in Japan, got it.

... is it made in America. Because it being made in America would make it perfect.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supremezero posted:

So Metal Wolf Chaos, but set in Japan, got it.

... is it made in America. Because it being made in America would make it perfect.
suda51 isn't american, but he's a bit of an americanophile, does that count

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
I would like to add Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance to this mix.

Edit: Raiden's special ability is a full heal if he gets a dynamic kill.

ZuljinRaynor fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 22, 2017

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
NewGame+ suggestions for naming Earth Fleet Tenku:
- Brave Express Fleet
- Gutsy Galaxy Guard
- Alpha Numbers
- Buff Clan

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I would like to add Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance to this mix.

Edit: Raiden's special ability is a full heal if he gets a dynamic kill.
On the one hand, I have a feeling Blade Wolf would get demoted to Raiden's sub pilot and not be his own unit. On the other hand, Jetstream Sam as a secret unit sounds nice.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
- Roux's Beaus
- Official Nine Fanclub
- 2 Live Crew
- Three Earth Moon

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
I had a fun run in Alpha 3 where I named them the Purupurupuruus.

In Z I named the group You Bastards which was also a good time.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
KISAMA!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Kill Count carry over does some odd things. Like Nine asking Judau about the Ples. Long before she's ever met them. Or Hilda acting lovestruck before she's fallen for Ange (or anyone, really)

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaOpuclKyko

Put them in the next game Banpresto.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Been playing Titanfall 2 a lot recently and you can probably guess how that fits into this conversation.

edit: Sakura Wars should probably come first though.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Mar 22, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

How would a 1920s themed SRW work? Or maybe have a 1920-dimension, a fantasy dimension and a classic SRW dimension?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Steambot Chronicles and Ring of Red!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Kind of want Jules Verne in that. Captain Nemo, Robur the COnqueror, Ker Karaje could all work in an anime.

poo poo! Nadia!

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Kind of want Jules Verne in that. Captain Nemo, Robur the COnqueror, Ker Karaje could all work in an anime.

poo poo! Nadia!

War of the Worlds would be a great backdrop for a game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

How would a 1920s themed SRW work? Or maybe have a 1920-dimension, a fantasy dimension and a classic SRW dimension?
last exile? kinda?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The GIG posted:

I used to have the old computer game based on the musical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu5SEyYyH0I

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

MonsieurChoc posted:

poo poo! Nadia!

The GIG posted:

Was actually working on something of this sort(probably as a wargame or RPG setting), basically a Mecha version of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen(at least in regards to being a crossover of a bunch of various Public Domain properties), centered in particular on a spaceship version of the Thunderchild

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Someone find a way to get Ace Combat in SRW

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Using Vivian and Lottie to haze bosses into oblivion is amazing. Especially when they are idiot morons with no friends and bad hair and ugly shirts that don't have Spiritual Fortitude or whatever so he can tune his butt all the way to 50 focus twice. Give Vivian some more attacks and she can go on the "I wish these were in every game" list with Gunbuster and Gravion.

OneDeadman posted:

Someone find a way to get Ace Combat in SRW

"Hello other Namco Bandai property. We have a lot of animations of planes doing things that we can no longer use. Can we use your planes?" and then once they say yes you mention maybe letting them transform into people mode and half plane/half people mode maybe named LERWALK (Land instead of Ground) but just planes is fine too and then we never have to see the Schwert ever again. The pitch presentation is just Macross attacks but with a picture of an Ace Combat plane being dragged around to cover the Valkyrie up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

When Yamato, a series with no robots at all, gets into Super Robot Wars it's hard to say anything remotely mechanical is out.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ImpAtom posted:

When Yamato, a series with no robots at all, gets into Super Robot Wars it's hard to say anything remotely mechanical is out.

Objection! Brain Powerd aren't actually mechanical. So that's not a limiter either!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Supremezero posted:

Objection! Brain Powerd aren't actually mechanical. So that's not a limiter either!

Brain Powered, like Evangelion, is mechanical enough to have a cockpit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it'd be interesting to see an original that fits into the 'not really mechanical' mold. like a giant golem or something, or just a big sentient alien. it'd be a change of pace, anyway.

• Locked thread