Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Quidditch is probably pretty fun like in the backyard with your cousins or something.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Scars on my head, I'm the boy who lived
Don't pay players so only we get rich

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"Hey how do we take handball and make it worse in every way?"

*snaps fingers* "I've got it, broomsticks and hula-hoop targets"

"BRILLIANT!"

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

I have read and enjoyed HP and will really enjoy reading them with my daughter at some point, and I think Live-Action Quidditch is the dumbest goddamn loving thing ever.

This. One of the most insufferable people I've had the pleasure of working with loved to talk about how good William & Mary were at Quidditch.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I just hope we get to see broom jousting in a movie.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

MourningView posted:

Imagine watching people run around with a goddamn broom between their legs and unironically calling it cool

Neil Armbong posted:

This. One of the most insufferable people I've had the pleasure of working with loved to talk about how good William & Mary were at Quidditch.

I had to search for "William and Mary quidditch" on YouTube. Williamsburg is a sad college town, but for Pete's sake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SieRYdA4cyw

The life of being courtside in basketball. Good showing by the WVU player to shake their hands.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

I had to search for "William and Mary quidditch" on YouTube. Williamsburg is a sad college town, but for Pete's sake:

gently caress. I watched like 15 seconds and I'm so loving embarrassed for everyone involved.

Like, J.K., dog, why aren't they just racing on the flying brooms? You don't know poo poo about sports, just have them do a race around the school or something. Obstacle course race maybe, oh no there's a big dragon you gotta fly around.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I'm amazed any of these people are running at anywhere near full speed like this. I would be too paralyzed by the fear of breaking off a broomstick into my dick to do anything.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It looks like it would be fun in a "the P.E. coach is making us do this stupid poo poo so we might as well have fun with it" type of way.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa State's depth is such that Joel Lanning, who has not played defense since high school, is currently their starting middle linebacker. Seems maybe less than ideal.

Iowa's depth chart has some issues right now too. Matt VandeBerg, our only halfway decent wide receiver, reinjured the foot he broke last season and is going to miss spring practice. They say he'll be fine by June but that still really sucks, especially since we're breaking in a new QB. Without him we were a pretty strong contender for having the worst wide receivers in all of FBS last year. If he can't play there's a pretty decent chance we start a walk on JuCo transfer.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Anals of History posted:

I'm amazed any of these people are running at anywhere near full speed like this. I would be too paralyzed by the fear of breaking off a broomstick into my dick to do anything.

That was actually a major issue with the wooden brooms before they got rid of them. They broke way too much

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
http://thebiglead.com/2017/03/22/arkansas-law-would-allow-guns-at-basketball-and-football-games-beginning-in-2018/

Thousands of drunk college football fans + guns. What could possibly go wrong?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Washington had one of these proposed too.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha, Texas Tech's practice facility caught fire.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PostNouveau posted:

Kliff took off his shirt? :allears:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

lol wasn't Arkansas the place where the big parking lot fight after a game happened last year? I think someone posted a video of it.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Mike_V posted:

lol wasn't Arkansas the place where the big parking lot fight after a game happened last year? I think someone posted a video of it.
I remember a remarkable fight in the stands caught on tv at the end of an Arkansas game against either Ole Miss or Mississippi State a year or two ago.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
gently caress Baylor

Ex-Baylor TE Tre'Von Armstead Charged With Sexual Assault From 2013

quote:

Baylor did not conduct an investigation of its own, which all schools that accept federal money are required to do under Title IX, until 2015,

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Why would they, it's not like anything happens when they don't.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

woo pig shootie

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

PostNouveau posted:

Was the new one under construction and was just a pile of roofing material that someone had decided to lay underneath an area where they were welding, so it created a lot of smoke but didn't do much else.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

TBeats posted:

It looks like it would be fun in a "the P.E. coach is making us do this stupid poo poo so we might as well have fun with it" type of way.

Oh man you just reminded me that in HS I was in like a generic lifting and conditioning class for people who didn't want to do a team sport that semester, and we ended up inventing an incredibly fun game we called Anarchyball. It was sort of like ultimate frisbee played with a squishy foam ball and soccer goals, except it was full-contact and you were free to run around with the ball once you got within a certain distance of the goal. Once you got within scoring range basically the whole defending team would just form a wall in front of the goal, then you'd have to pass it to one of your big players who could lower a shoulder and try to Run The Dang Ball down their throats or just dive over/through them. If the runner got stood up, the attacking team would form up behind them and try to push the whole other team past the plane of the goal.

No pads, coed. Somehow everyone always had a great time and nobody got especially injured.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thermos H Christ posted:

Oh man you just reminded me that in HS I was in like a generic lifting and conditioning class for people who didn't want to do a team sport that semester, and we ended up inventing an incredibly fun game we called Anarchyball. It was sort of like ultimate frisbee played with a squishy foam ball and soccer goals, except it was full-contact and you were free to run around with the ball once you got within a certain distance of the goal. Once you got within scoring range basically the whole defending team would just form a wall in front of the goal, then you'd have to pass it to one of your big players who could lower a shoulder and try to Run The Dang Ball down their throats or just dive over/through them. If the runner got stood up, the attacking team would form up behind them and try to push the whole other team past the plane of the goal.

No pads, coed. Somehow everyone always had a great time and nobody got especially injured.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_football

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thermos H Christ posted:

We did this at recess and it was an extremely satisfying game if you were an offensive lineman who longed to score touchdowns because you were suddently the most valuable player on the team

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

quote:

Gruden asked (Deshaun) Watson what he had to do to win the 2016 Heisman after having such an impressive junior campaign.

"I don't know, I guess lose a couple games".

:q:

link

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:thurman:

Seriously, he should have gotten it after Jackson threw it away so late in the season.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Everyone gave it to Jackson after that absurd start and the mudhole they stomped in FSU. Nobody else stood a chance.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Yeah, and even in Clemson's loss to Pitt, Watson set a single game ACC passing record. Not a flawless game on his part, but blame that one on the defense.

Oh well, maybe that chip on his shoulder pushed his performance in the post season.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah if you throw for drat near 600 yards and 3TDs, the loss isn't on your offense.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DJExile posted:

Yeah if you throw for drat near 600 yards and 3TDs, the loss isn't on your offense.

/signed every Texas Tech QB since 2000.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

DJExile posted:

Well, he also threw three interceptions and had to throw 70 times to get there because they couldn't run the ball for poo poo.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
70 passes and 600 yards is what Texas Tech refers to as a mild day of offense.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/845292420195667968

harbaugh got them yoga khakis now

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
What are the odds of Harbaugh being a never nude? Except instead of cut off jean shorts he wears cut off khakis.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

those pants are pretty amazing tbqh

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

LLCoolJD posted:

The life of being courtside in basketball. Good showing by the WVU player to shake their hands.

That is exactly as funny as it should be.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

See i feel like that'd be amusing to watch as a trainwreck... for all of like 2 minutes at the most.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

None of those people played a team sport past the age of like 8, it's so sad.

I say that not just because it's obvious how unathletic they are but that anyone who had the social skills gained from playing team sports as they grew up would know to never do something so dumb as play a sport from a fantasy book about people who use magic.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

Everyone gave it to Jackson after that absurd start and the mudhole they stomped in FSU. Nobody else stood a chance.

Going by the stomp-a-mudhole theory Ed Oliver is your Heisman winner.

• Locked thread