Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
What's the point of the tier 2 chopper event? 1000 credits daily sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

trapt posted:

'Fun'

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I had a pretty good laugh at this.

trapt posted:

To get you to waste crystals or cash on his squad pack. That's what.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I wonder if I should invest in the Jedi tank guy. Year ago he would have made a great arena tank but now in the era of pretaunters and GKs he seems to be lacking.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Supposedly he's money on a GK-lead arena team.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Whale watching in the alt account shard:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

Supposedly he's money on a GK-lead arena team.

Yeah but we donŽt have GK :(

I guess IŽll wait for the Jedi review first.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Whale watching in the alt account shard:

How is that not rank #1? What is rank #1?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

iGestalt posted:

How is that not rank #1? What is rank #1?

Hell, even I could beat those guys. They're level 43.

It means somebody spent 1000 bucks to max Chaze but they don't have the credits to level them.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

Hell, even I could beat those guys. They're level 43.

It means somebody spent 1000 bucks to max Chaze but they don't have the credits to level them.

It's an alt account/new shard, the max level guy is like 50.

That loving chaze/wiggs/lando is gonna higher in a day or two, but the top 10 are just now getting into protection, so it might take him a while longer.

Chilichimp posted:

It's an alt account/new shard, the max level guy is like 50.

That loving chaze/wiggs/lando is gonna higher in a day or two, but the top 10 are just now getting into protection, so it might take him a while longer.

Hahaaaaaa

Here's #1

The top 10 is COVERED in Chaze, nihilus, and sith troopers

The upper range of player is 50-52, that #1 ranked dude is level 57. He's been DUMPING money into this loving game.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 21, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Why do we even get the training droid event? After all this time, do they still not understand that we don't need them? I mean, I still run it, because who knows, maybe someday we'll all get 100 million credits, and it takes me like 1 minute to run while I type this up...

Also, just cause I was curious, I have enough droids to level 17 heroes from 1-85, which is, in fact, 100 million credits.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

Why do we even get the training droid event? After all this time, do they still not understand that we don't need them? I mean, I still run it, because who knows, maybe someday we'll all get 100 million credits, and it takes me like 1 minute to run while I type this up...

Also, just cause I was curious, I have enough droids to level 17 heroes from 1-85, which is, in fact, 100 million credits.

I thought twostep ran out of training droids? So, monetizers I guess?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Malgrin posted:

It helps some people leveling up, but ya after a while it's just kind of pointless. By level 65 I had thousands of small and medium training droids.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Burning_Monk posted:

It helps some people leveling up, but ya after a while it's just kind of pointless. By level 65 I had thousands of small and medium training droids.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

I run it for the infinitesimal chance of an omega.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

I run it for the infinitesimal chance of an omega.

Yeah, I did get 2 syringes today. That makes it mildly worth it.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

The top 10 is COVERED in Chaze, nihilus, and sith troopers

The upper range of player is 50-52, that #1 ranked dude is level 57. He's been DUMPING money into this loving game.

That is absolutely disgusting. I wonder how many of these whales are alt accounts.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Dr. Venture posted:

That is absolutely disgusting. I wonder how many of these whales are alt accounts.

Getting DN and ST to 7* would cost around $425 each.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

He prolly bought Chaze too, which is how he had the rebels to unlock Emperor.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

This is a reminder that QGJ doesn't do damage other than a single suicide character in the first 24 hours of the Rancor raid. This is to make sure everyone gets at least a participatory reward.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't understand the Wiggs/Chaze appeal until I managed to get Wedge and get him caught up to the rest of my people.

Now with the Biggs Assist and making GBS threads criticals everywhere I can finally crack the stupid loving Nihilus/Dooku/Vader/Trooper/Sidious teams that are apparently the entire top 50 on my shard.

Dooku is much less threatening when I get a nuclear bomb every few turns, especially when it's Boba assisting Biggs and Wedge so I hit for 20,000+ and one shot dooku before he can stun/block/double counter my entire team to death solo.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

tadashi posted:

This is a reminder that QGJ doesn't do damage other than a single suicide character in the first 24 hours of the Rancor raid. This is to make sure everyone gets at least a participatory reward.

Is this why I got kicked from QGJ? My droid team did ~300k in damage. Or was it an accident? I confess I haven't been following the thread much lately; work has been insane.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 22, 2017

Noonsa
Jan 18, 2003
For the love of god, anything other than the
Hey IGD, I realized this morning that I attacked P2 on the current AAT early right before I went to bed.

I wont do damage the rest of the raid as punishment. I think I thought that since we moved to 1-team for P1, that there was no waiting period. Anyways, sorry dudes.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Noonsa posted:

Hey IGD, I realized this morning that I attacked P2 on the current AAT early right before I went to bed.

I wont do damage the rest of the raid as punishment. I think I thought that since we moved to 1-team for P1, that there was no waiting period. Anyways, sorry dudes.

No worries. P2 is separated because in general the phases after p1 go pretty quickly.

batwang
May 15, 2002

I call on Cardassians everywhere to rise up. Rise up and join me, I need you to be my army. If we stand together, nothing, can oppose us. Freedom is ours, for the taking!

Davethulhu posted:

I just want to know what these people do to want to dump that much money into a phone game. Its not like its a rare thing too its a large chunk of people whale ultra hard. I am not a broke guy I can buy things but if I ever spent more than my google opinion rewards on crystals for this game I would probably kill myself, my wife would tell me to kill myself.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MoraleHazard posted:

Is this why I got kicked from QGJ? My droid team did ~300k in damage. Or was it an accident? I confess I haven't been following the thread much lately; work has been insane.

I'm relatively new but I've seen them call you out a few Rancors in a row in guild chat, by name, for doing the same thing after every rancor comes with an announcement that nobody is to damage it the first 24 hours.

They said you can re-apply and it was mostly to get your attention because you had apparently been ignoring guild chat and the thread for weeks now.

How do you get it to where guild chat doesn't pop up? I find it annoying that messages stay up until I read them but you have to have seen "MORALE HAZARD" callouts the instant you do damage the past couple times.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Space Crabs posted:

I'm relatively new but I've seen them call you out a few Rancors in a row in guild chat, by name, for doing the same thing after every rancor comes with an announcement that nobody is to damage it the first 24 hours.

They said you can re-apply and it was mostly to get your attention because you had apparently been ignoring guild chat and the thread for weeks now.

How do you get it to where guild chat doesn't pop up? I find it annoying that messages stay up until I read them but you have to have seen "MORALE HAZARD" callouts the instant you do damage the past couple times.

Maybe I'm just a dumbass, but I didn't see the callouts. Sorry about that.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Dave does a really good job of putting exactly what time a raid will be kicked off or when damage starts in the MOTD. For example, "Rancor damage starts 8pm pacific 3/20".

For some reason only the guild leader is able to change the MOTD :v: People still gently caress up sometimes but it definitely helps.

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
Sigh, more chars to unlock

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/100363/game-update-3-21-2017

Bistan – Cantina Battles Store

Baze Malbus – Light Battle 9-C (Hard Node)

K-2SO – Galactic War Store

Jyn Erso – Guild Store

Cassian Andor – Squad Arena Store

Chirrut Îmwe – Fleet Store

I've been hording arena credits so Andor is a nice surprise

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

BobTheDestroyer posted:

Sigh, more chars to unlock

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/100363/game-update-3-21-2017

Bistan – Cantina Battles Store

Baze Malbus – Light Battle 9-C (Hard Node)

K-2SO – Galactic War Store

Jyn Erso – Guild Store

Cassian Andor – Squad Arena Store

Chirrut Îmwe – Fleet Store

I've been hording arena credits so Andor is a nice surprise

Wow. Some of those are easily obtainable now! That rules.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

MoraleHazard posted:

Before I moved to IGD you were almost kicked for repeatedly doing it and ignoring everyone screaming at you in chat, so yes, probably why you were kicked.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
Thank you, Mal and my jedi counter squad to 3* 9C the week after 3*ing 9b. Now to get baze 0-3 shards at a time.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

iGestalt posted:

Wow. Some of those are easily obtainable now! That rules.

I'm not going to complain; though I did grind my 7* K-2SO out of the shard shop. I've been hoarding Arena currency too, so grinding Cassian shouldn't be a big deal.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MoraleHazard posted:

I'm not going to complain; though I did grind my 7* K-2SO out of the shard shop. I've been hoarding Arena currency too, so grinding Cassian shouldn't be a big deal.

I was starting to save up arena and cantina currency, but then I decided I should finally get FOO and Savage sharded up -- FOO is really good in Rancor (and maybe AAT P1 with Teebo), while SO is really good with Zaul. I don't think Cassian should be a really high priority, he does a couple things alright, but he is a bit lacking in both raids and PVP. I think there's an AAT P1 comp that uses Jyn + Cassian, but I don't really remember what it is.
Chirrut and Baze should be your highest priorities from this latest batch. After that, probably Jyn and Bistan. I know I've been beating the Chaze drum for awhile, but we've yet to see anything push them out of the meta. I might actually start putting crystals into Baze again because 1 shard per day is super slow. Start gearing them asap -- they do work at 3* G10.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Davethulhu posted:

I thought twostep ran out of training droids? So, monetizers I guess?

I did run out a couple times months ago. I think it was mostly because I got 10 mil twice from the credit heist, and already had stuff starred up, but not leveled. I am nowhere close to running out now though, most of the chars I care about are 85. When they raise the level cap, if they give us a new source of credits I guess people might run out again, but I doubt it.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
They should let you convert training droids to shards or some other currency. Even if it's some obscene ratio it would at least let you get rid of them.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Malgrin posted:

Priority Heroes (Roughly in order):
LS/DS Hard mode: Jedi Knight Anakin, Royal Guard, Shoretrooper, Baze.
Cantina battles: Lando, Wedge, Tie Fighter Pilot, Jedi Knight Anakin, Royal Guard, Geonosian Soldier, Old Ben, Chief Chirpa
Cantina credits: Boba, QGJ, Bistan, Ahsoka Fives, Hoth Rebel Scout, FOO
Arena credits: Stormtrooper Han, IG-88, Admiral Ackbar, Leia
Galactic War credits: Lumi, Teebo, Biggs, Phasma, IG-86
Guild Credits: Rex, Darth Maul, Sun Fac, Jawa Engineer, Jyn, Clones
Fleet shipments*: Chirrut, Rex, Darth Maul, Sun Fac, Wedge
Ships from GW credits: FOTP, TFP, Biggs, Fives, JC, GS, SF...basically anything but GSpy is decent
Ships from Fleet Shipments: Slave 1 and Scimitar. If you're still working on unlocking the Zeta challenge, FOTP, TFP, Fives, Biggs are all worth focusing on.

Scoundrels for Credit Heist (THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT): STH (Arena), IG-88 (Arena), Lando (Cantina), Boba Fett (Hard, Cantina Tokens), 1 more of whatever crap you feel like farming. You really just need a couple of those first ones at high power to get through it, and STH and Lando double as rebels, so worth it.
Easiest Jedi for Yoda event: Lumi (GW), JC (Cantina Battles/Hard), Eeth Koth (Arena), QGJ (Cantina), Barriss (Cantina Battles, Hard)
Best Rebels for Palp event: AA (Arena), STH (Arena), Lando (Cantina), Wedge (Cantina), Biggs (GW). Alternates: HRScout (Cantina Credits), Leia (Arena).

*I would recommend farming ships with fleet shipments (see the next post down for more info about ships) so that you can unlock the zeta challenge

Malgrin posted:

Meta Arena Squads
New section here, and I'll try to update it every month or so (if you are reading this and think it's out of date, call me out in chat or PM me). Anyways, here goes. I'm separating heroes into Tier lists so you can get a sense of priority as well. Tier 1 means OP. You can run these heroes at basically any star level and they will improve your team comp (exception: Chirrut. He needs Baze, but Baze doesn't need Chirrut). Please note that the lower their star level, the more gear you'll need to compensate for low health. Tier 2 means that unless a team is only T1 heroes, you'll find these guys in the whaliest of team comps. These guys are generally really good on their own or with others. Tier 3 means you'll find these guys sprinkled into other team comps. QGJ is a perfect example -- he's a solid hero in virtually every aspect of this game, and is great at debuffing. You will still see him in top team comps, but you might see him once in the top 10 of your arena, as compared to Wiggs, who are probably in at least half of your top 10. Tier ? means no one really knows yet. For example, Bistan and Cassian are currently in there. They could be really good, but I don't know anyone that's running them yet.

Tier 1: Baze, Chirrut, General Kenobi, Darth Nihilus, Darth Maul
Tier 2: EP, TFP, Wiggs, RG, JKA, Vader, STH, K2, Barriss (with Zeta), Rex, Sun Fac, Aayla, B2, Sith Trooper, Sith Assassin, Shoretrooper
Tier 3: QGJ, AA, Lando, K2, Han Solo, Fives, Old Ben, Clones, Droids, JE, Ahsoka, Rey, Daka, EE, Yoda, Jyn
Tier ?: (e.g. newer heroes): Phoenix Squad

Top Meta Squads:
Zaul, DN, SA, SO, SiT
Zaul, DN, Chaze, GK
Zaul, DN, 3 Sith
Wiggs (L), Chaze, +1
EP (L), TFP, +3
Rex (L), +4
GK (L), B2, Aayla, Barriss, Fives
GK (L) Aayla, Fives, Chaze

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 22, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I'd add Ashoka to Cantina credits. Above average ship, and she's among the cheapest/fastest paths to five 7* Jedi which is a big deal. Also lol hoth rebel what?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
With the recent changes I'm curious what the pros think I should do in the future.

I whale'd it up a little to boost my level up quickly and get a baby Chaze going but have since stopped once I hit the longer stretches where money required becomes exponentially more for less gains.

https://swgoh.gg/u/shabadadeepoo/collection/

Regular Energy - Currently gearing out Wiggs/Chaze/Lando and my main focus characters rather than grinding shards. I do the Royal Guard hardmode for my daily activity though.
Cantina Energy - I'm currently pushing straight for 7* Wedge then moving to the mod farming everyone detailed
Cantina Credits - I haven't decided between QGJ or Fives. I have more of a Jedi team going than a Clone Team right now and need to know which direction to proceed. I did waste some credits on getting Ashoka since I needed her ship starred up for ship arena.
Guild Credits - I got most of Jawa Engineer before switching to Rex then Darth Maul. I've got Rex at 60/80, JE at 60/80 and Maul is lagging behind but what I'm focusing on right now for his dark side ship.
Squad Arena Store - I pushed Ackbar before I joined the guild and can 5* him, but after getting enough shards to 7* STH I don't know if I should be pushing Leia or IG-88, or hell Savage and Sidious since I'm pushing Maul and already have Sidious at 4 stars.
Galactic War- After getting Lumi and Biggs to 7* I've been completely focusing on Dark Side ships or grabbing up Biggs X-Wing blueprints anytime I see them as he is a ridiculous tank keeping me in the top 10-15 on my shard in ships
Fleet Store - I've been grabbing any Vader/Scimitar/Slave 1 shards that appear but spending the rest on the occasional Wedge shards or Sun Fac's ship. I'll be grabbing Chirrut now that he appears there and I won't have to pay like $200 to 7* him.

Major adjustments in strategy i should make or anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I noticed that you no longer get punished if your ally leader gets killed? How long has that change been in effect? Was it the QoL update?

MoraleHazard posted:

Yeah, it wasn't because nobody likes you. Mostly just so you'd ask.

Great success!

Burning_Monk posted:

They should let you convert training droids to shards or some other currency. Even if it's some obscene ratio it would at least let you get rid of them.

Early in the game you could do this and I think they took it out as soon as players were gaining enough droids to game the system.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 22, 2017