Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Kurtofan posted:

I hear Power Girl is going to be one of the premium skin for supergirl? What's the difference between the two characters

Power Girl is one of those DC characters who's been systematically hosed with by generations of comic-book writers, to the point where a concise summary of her history is virtually impossible unless you deliberately ignore a lot of things. Part of it is because she's a legacy character from the period of time where there were a few different concurrently-running alternate universes, which they went to great pains to undo and consolidate, and then proceeded to bring back in a big way in the 2000s because of creator nostalgia.

Power-wise, at the moment, she's basically Supergirl, but Power Girl's older, arguably smarter (she ran a scientific research firm in her civilian identity, or she did before the "New 52" thing), much less patient, and has a hair-trigger temper. She also has one of the most notoriously fanservice-y costumes in modern superhero comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Wanderer posted:

Power Girl is one of those DC characters who's been systematically hosed with by generations of comic-book writers, to the point where a concise summary of her history is virtually impossible unless you deliberately ignore a lot of things. Part of it is because she's a legacy character from the period of time where there were a few different concurrently-running alternate universes, which they went to great pains to undo and consolidate, and then proceeded to bring back in a big way in the 2000s because of creator nostalgia.

Power-wise, at the moment, she's basically Supergirl, but Power Girl's older, arguably smarter (she ran a scientific research firm in her civilian identity, or she did before the "New 52" thing), much less patient, and has a hair-trigger temper. She also has one of the most notoriously fanservice-y costumes in modern superhero comics.

At one point, she was an Atlantean!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

McSpanky posted:

How far does this go, like are we getting CW Firestorm and Captain Cold? I didn't know I needed Victor Garber and Wentworth Miller in a fighting game until now BUT I DO

As far as it went it was for Flash/Supergirl/Green Arrow.

The rest of the list for completions sake however naturally take with huge grain of salt.

Premium skin / Original Character

reverse flash / flash
power girl / supergirl
john stewart / lantern
black siren / canary
batwoman / batman
nightwing(damian wayne) / robin
red arrow / green arrow
bizzaro / superman
wildcat / cheetah
mr freeze / captain cold
shazam / black adam
deathstorm / firestorm
blackfire / starfire
arkham knight / red hood

Biggest maybe is Red hood and Starfire don't show up on the original leak list, however Hood has been showing up in other sources(magazines) stating he is in the game so I guess time will tell :shrug:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

LeSquide posted:

At one point, she was an Atlantean!

I almost mentioned the "allergic to artificial sweetener" plot, but decided that was a downward spiral.

I'm actually really interested to see what Netherrealm is going to do to Power Girl's costume. Given some of their previous sartorial disasters, I'm expecting it to either be a vast improvement or somehow even more revealing.

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?

Kelp Plankton posted:

power-wise in the comics and stuff not really much. Power Girl has pretty much just been a grown-up version of Supergirl, like if she was Superman's age instead of way younger

she's a good pick for a costume since she wouldn't bring anything to the game as her own separate character

hey what's some good Injustice 2 videos to watch to tide me over until the game hits? or just good youtubey people in general who will probably upload some good stuff as we get closer to launch? i don't know much about fighting game people on the internet

PigOfTheHut, Ketchup/Mustard, ForeverKing, SonicFox, Madzin, Slayer are some good ones I remember seeing, pretty popular Netherrealm guys

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Wanderer posted:

I almost mentioned the "allergic to artificial sweetener" plot, but decided that was a downward spiral.

I'm actually really interested to see what Netherrealm is going to do to Power Girl's costume. Given some of their previous sartorial disasters, I'm expecting it to either be a vast improvement or somehow even more revealing.

Wanderer posted:

The little icon on the preorder thing makes the costume look like her NU52 costume which did not have a breast window

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

you can see the boob window in the lil thumbnail

but other than that it does look like the N52 design, so it's probably an original design inspired by a few of her looks

really the most interesting thing about the special other-character skins is that we've seen Reverse Flash show up in one of the story trailers already, so it's possible that Power Girl, other GLs, and any other currently unknown alt skins like this could be story-relevant characters despite not getting their own roster slot. which would be a cool way to add more people to the game's cast without it spiraling out of control in terms of roster bloat or the amount of work involved in making them all

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 20, 2017

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Im happy John shaved his lovely beard

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sinners Sandwich posted:

The little icon on the preorder thing makes the costume look like her NU52 costume which did not have a breast window

Yeah but her N52 costume barely had her covered because Paul Levitz (IIRC) is a creep who kept blowing holes in PG's costume or outright destroying it issue to issue until she finally got a new suit... which was the same as the pre-N52 version.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grFbEI-mAPU

Cheetah trailer for some reason

Keep in mind that one of the links says this guy is going to be an alt skin for her

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

TwoPair posted:

Yeah but her N52 costume barely had her covered because Paul Levitz (IIRC) is a creep who kept blowing holes in PG's costume or outright destroying it issue to issue until she finally got a new suit... which was the same as the pre-N52 version.

lol comic books

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Kelp Plankton posted:

she's a good pick for a costume since she wouldn't bring anything to the game as her own separate character

i can think of a couple things

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Lmbo comic books

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

this is why i wear assless chaps to work

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Keep in mind that one of the links says this guy is going to be an alt skin for her

It's possible they're planning on using the female Wildcat, which would be a relatively deep dive, but Ed Boon's enough of a DC nut that it wouldn't surprise me. She debuted in Crisis on Infinite Earths, so she's not that obscure.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grFbEI-mAPU

Cheetah trailer for some reason

It would probably be

instead. There is a lady wildcat.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Solicits are out and well

quote:

INJUSTICE 2 #3
Written by TOM TAYLOR • Art by DANIEL SAMPERE and JUAN ALBARRAN
Cover by BRUNO REDONDO
A raid on Stryker’s Prison by a newly formed Suicide Squad does the unthinkable and releases Superman from his cell. Meanwhile, Harley Quinn encounters someone she never expected to see again—and Damian Wayne is shocked by the appearance of someone he never knew existed.
On sale JUNE 7 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST

INJUSTICE 2 #4
Written by TOM TAYLOR • Art by BRUNO REDONDO and JUAN ALBARRAN
Covers by BRUNO REDONDO
Harley finds herself up against impossible odds forcing her to make a deal with the devil. Meanwhile, Batman offers counsel to one young man and then remembers happier times and a day of training with another one—his own son, Damian.
On sale JUNE 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST

Red Hood confirmed?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Is that comic supposed to be an adaption of the game's storyline or is it like the I1 comics and it's stuff that happened before the game?

Either way, if he's not in the base game I expect Red Hood to be one of the bigger DLC picks. With an Arkham Knight costume, because they like to reuse Arkham series assets when they can.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Plankton posted:

Is that comic supposed to be an adaption of the game's storyline or is it like the I1 comics and it's stuff that happened before the game?

Is a prequel, yeah.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The original comic was the 5 years before Injustice. This one is the time between the games.

Evil Canadian posted:

As far as it went it was for Flash/Supergirl/Green Arrow.

The rest of the list for completions sake however naturally take with huge grain of salt.

Premium skin / Original Character

reverse flash / flash
power girl / supergirl
john stewart / lantern
black siren / canary
batwoman / batman
nightwing(damian wayne) / robin
red arrow / green arrow
bizzaro / superman
wildcat / cheetah
mr freeze / captain cold
shazam / black adam
deathstorm / firestorm
blackfire / starfire
arkham knight / red hood

Biggest maybe is Red hood and Starfire don't show up on the original leak list, however Hood has been showing up in other sources(magazines) stating he is in the game so I guess time will tell :shrug:

Black Siren would also be from the TV show.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Somebody--it might have been a goon in BSS--edited that sequence of panels to include the phrase "Fill my hole, Superman," and every time I see those panels, I forget that was an edit for a second.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Wanderer posted:

Somebody--it might have been a goon in BSS--edited that sequence of panels to include the phrase "Fill my hole, Superman," and every time I see those panels, I forget that was an edit for a second.

That was an edit?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The "fill my hole" edit has gotten around online so much without context that I'm not surprised some people don't know it's an edit.

That thing comes up basically anywhere people talk about the boob window.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

We keep everything up to a certain level in the Injustice 2 thread you see?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

She couldn't think of a symbol to wear on her chest, so she just used a big hole?

I'm surprised NRS didn't opt for Power Girl first and make Super Girl her DLC in that case. She seems right up their ally.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

AndyElusive posted:

She couldn't think of a symbol to wear on her chest, so she just used a big hole?

I'm surprised NRS didn't opt for Power Girl first and make Super Girl her DLC in that case. She seems right up their ally.

They know people will pay up for the boob window though

Gotta max out that microtransaction opportunity

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Solicits are out and well

Red Hood confirmed?

The comIcs haven't shown Tim Drake, and he is a Robin...

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Making Damian be Nightwing and Tim be Red Hood is super weird if that's their angle.

I'd rather see Jason Todd just be a thing that Bruce never told Damian about

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Supergirl currently has a somewhat popular TV show which is basically the key.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TwoPair posted:

The comIcs haven't shown Tim Drake, and he is a Robin...

He was shown on the first Injustice annual as the newcomer leader of the Titans (with Starfire among its members) under his Red Robin persona. All of them ended stuck on the Phantom Zone after Superboy defied Superman.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

Supergirl currently has a somewhat popular TV show which is basically the key.

The show that got cancelled and then bailed out by a 3rd string network lol.

It was ultra terrible as soon as martian manhunter showed up

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

AndyElusive posted:

I'm surprised NRS didn't opt for Power Girl first and make Super Girl her DLC in that case. She seems right up their alley.

I mean they've taken pretty good leaps from game to game about how they make their lady characters, Sonya, Cassie, Jacqui etc. actually look cool in MKX and have outfits that don't make them look like strippers. Kitana, Mileena and the ninjas still have some titty to them but drat if it isn't a whole, whole lot better than they were just a game ago in MK9.

Like from

to

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 21, 2017

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Jimmy Hats posted:

None of which matters much in this case of having a cross promotional character. You don't have to like the show, but the show exists. So Supergirl gets the spotlight over Powergirl. I would rather see the red lantern Supergirl from the comics personally but I doubt we'd get more than a nod if we even get that.

Also count me in for the group that didn't know the fill my hole line was an edit.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Look just give me Christian Bale Costume Batman and make my special a 15 minute stretch of him verbally abusing my opponent

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

HebrewMagic posted:

Look just give me Christian Bale Costume Batman and make my special a 15 minute stretch of him verbally abusing my opponent

WHERE'S SUPERMAN? As he punches them over and over.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

That doesn't particularly matter, especially when a game has been in development for a while.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

HebrewMagic posted:

*Clash wager activated*

"I'm the fastest man alive!"

"OH GOOD FOR YOUUUUU!!"

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

That doesn't particularly matter, especially when a game has been in development for a while.

Why the heck would they pay to have the actress come and voice a TV show skin when nobody watches the TV show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

Why the heck would they pay to have the actress come and voice a TV show skin when nobody watches the TV show?

Because cross-brand synergy and likely when the game started development the show was either brand new (and thus getting a positive reception) or not even out yet.

• Locked thread