Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

As a non-original anglophone, I'm gonna need some context for hysterical, I'm torn between hilarious and stemming from disorder and panic.

Neither would really surprise me from this current administration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
The latter.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

As a non-original anglophone, I'm gonna need some context for hysterical, I'm torn between hilarious and stemming from disorder and panic.

Neither would really surprise me from this current administration.

Perspective. From the perspective of someone eyeballs-deep in the Cheeto swamp, the latter. From the perspective of everyone else (and some of the more nihilistic insiders), the former.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

TBeats posted:

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/844136433547907072

From what I understand you have to check it if it's bigger than a cell phone.

Also don't international travel rules say something like you have to carry lithium ion battery devices into the cabin anyway?

When I flew from Kuwait City Intl to Doha for a connecting flight I had to get rescreened before getting on the second flight, I suppose that speaks volumes how much these countries even trust each other with airport security. I vividly recall the Kuwaiti X-Ray machine guy nodding off with his feet kicked up behind the monitor, so yeah I'm not upset about this.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I didn't notice this coming up yesterday, but uhhh...

New documents show Trump aide laundered payments from party with Moscow ties, lawmaker alleges

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Remember how a flight to Egypt blew up a year ago and nobody since has given a single poo poo about figuring out why

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Buca di Bepis posted:

Remember how a flight to Egypt blew up a year ago and nobody since has given a single poo poo about figuring out why

Wasn't it some ISIL terrorist with a bomb the size of a pepsi bottle? I remember CNN freaking out about the last bit.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
They still haven't deemed the Egypt Air flight a terrorist attack or not. Some media outlets were stating it was a bombing using an IED the size of a 8oz soda can. There was an ACARS message stating that it was actually a catastrophic electronics failure, followed by the pilot taking a rapid descent, potentially to clear the cabin of smoke. They've also found explosive residue on some of the victims. It's a cluster gently caress worthy of Egypt.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The French were investigating the black box for a couple months and then just went radio silent without delivering a report.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
woops

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/844214767950725120

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/844202543140012034

For a crash course in 'Americanese', simply apply a sidewalk to the forehead.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/trump_tells_gop_lawmakers_i_m_gonna_come_after_you_if_you_vote_against_trumpcare

quote:

President Donald Trump Tuesday morning told Republican House lawmakers he will "come after" them if they do not vote for TrumpCare, the Republican bill to repeal and "replace" ObamaCare. Earlier today NCRM reported the President had threatened Republican Congressmen by stating they "will lose" their seats if they don't pass TrumpCare.

NBC News reports Trump, after threatening Republicans will lose their seats, added, "I don't care if the press prints that."

This new threat is far more extensive than just saying they "will lose" their seats and is revealing of just how unhinged Trump has become.

"I’m gonna come after you," Trump told lawmakers in a private meeting on the Hill, The Washington Post reports.

The paper cited "several Republican lawmakers who attended the meeting," adding Trump said: "I know I won’t have to, because I know you’ll vote ‘yes.’"

“Honestly, a loss is not acceptable, folks,” Trump reportedly also said.

He's gonna die alone.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Donnie's gonna have to suck like...150 million dicks to unseat all the Republicans he doesn't like.

So he's halfway there.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
In a different timeline, that's the kind of stuff that fires up moderate R's and makes them come out against the Prez. In this timeline, the healthcare bill makes it out of the house with unprecedented R support.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
A lot of R's are gonna lose their seats if it does pass as well I imagine. Hope you guys all have good plans cause I bet it does pass eventually

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Hot Karl Marx posted:

A lot of R's are gonna lose their seats if it does pass as well I imagine. Hope you guys all have good plans cause I bet it does pass eventually

How long before he guts tricare?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39343971?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

Britain is going to follow the US on its ban on laptops on flights from certain countries.

This is idiotic.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/844181736481325056

Not really news or anything, just pointing out that Trump is a whipping boy for Russian gangsters, no biggie.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mr. Nice! posted:

The problem is this:

We have a voting bloc that is blind to reason and facts. You say that ignoring them is why we're in this situation, but a non-trivial number of these voters won't be swayed regardless.

No, but the Dems only needed a few thousand here, a few thousand there.

Reminder:

It's time to chase the moderate vote. Like it or not, there are a lot of 1 or 2 issue voters out there that people like Clinton and Pelosi repeatedly antagonize. And a lot of them voted for Obama but not Clinton.

Edit: If he can get rid of Senator Turtle, I might start to come around on this administration.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 21, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Godholio posted:

Reminder:

It's time to chase the moderate vote. Like it or not, there are a lot of 1 or 2 issue voters out there that people like Clinton and Pelosi repeatedly antagonize. And a lot of them voted for Obama but not Clinton.

Yup. But I'm in a blue state that went Clinton regardless of my Bill the Cat vote.
Certainly not going to take that for granted next election cycle. Whole lot of people pissed out here that the shipyards can't hire because of the freeze for no good reason.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Office Pig posted:

Not really news or anything, just pointing out that Trump is a whipping boy for Russian gangsters, no biggie.

:catstare:

At the intelligence meeting someone pointed out, "All these people connected to trump with Russian ties. Could all this just be an unfortunate coincidence?" this is just insane.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Office Pig posted:

There sure is ALOT of smoke in this non-fire...

Better focus on the leaks instead! Clearly more important.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Godholio posted:

Reminder:

Edit: If he can get rid of Senator Turtle, I might start to come around on this administration.

All the "moderate" Republicans have already jumped ship from the burning garbage fire. Nobody wants a Republican-lite party. The Democrats going further to the right in an idiotic quest for non-existent moderate Republicans is just going to lose 10x more people who actually want left leaning policies.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Its pretty loving simple for the Democrats to get elected but it'd also require them to admit that they were just as guilty as the Republicans about loving over Americans at every turn to please their Corporate Overlords

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

They still haven't deemed the Egypt Air flight a terrorist attack or not. Some media outlets were stating it was a bombing using an IED the size of a 8oz soda can. There was an ACARS message stating that it was actually a catastrophic electronics failure, followed by the pilot taking a rapid descent, potentially to clear the cabin of smoke. They've also found explosive residue on some of the victims. It's a cluster gently caress worthy of Egypt.

I think you're conflating the Metrojet bombing with the EgyptAir crash. In the former case, it was definitely an IED smuggled aboard by a compromised baggage handler at Sharm el Sheikh Airport. In the latter, a definitive cause has never been released. Curiously, I don't recall any groups claiming the EgyptAir crash, which is rare even if it weren't terrorist activity.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

suboptimal posted:

I think you're conflating the Metrojet bombing with the EgyptAir crash. In the former case, it was definitely an IED smuggled aboard by a compromised baggage handler at Sharm el Sheikh Airport. In the latter, a definitive cause has never been released. Curiously, I don't recall any groups claiming the EgyptAir crash, which is rare even if it weren't terrorist activity.

Yeah this is what allegedly brought down the MetroJet.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB9eB5j05oQ

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Given that the these are the same people keeping him from being impeached for colluding with the Russians to undermine the elections, maybe threatening them is a bad idea.

Also he isn't real smart given that regardless of what happens, he will burn for the failure of health care.

But god drat its :gizz: to read.

:lol: Trump Tower broke some city code :lol:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Genocide Tendency posted:

Given that the these are the same people keeping him from being impeached for colluding with the Russians to undermine the elections, maybe threatening them is a bad idea.

Also he isn't real smart given that regardless of what happens, he will burn for the failure of health care.

But god drat its :gizz: to read.

:lol: Trump Tower broke some city code :lol:

I consider this health care thing a major test of how hard a grip the trumpster fire has on the entire republican party's balls. He's promised his followers the moon and the rest of the party has to follow along with his bat poo poo insanity or fight him head to head.

If the Hate Mango was smart he'd rebrand the ACA by scrawling Trumpcare across the title with a gold sharpie, sneak in a few tax cuts that nobody except a billionaire's team of lawyers can understand and spin it to his base so hard a vinyl record gets jealous.

He is not smart and is instead lashing out in fury at perceived slights against his ego because he doesn't get how the game is played in politics. The "freedom caucus" (gently caress I hate that name) is already making GBS threads on his gold plated ideas for not being a full repeal right now, and it's only going downhill from here.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The irony of the Freedom Caucus saving the ACA is incredible and I hope it isn't lost to its members

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Are they for the ACA or just against all health care

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Reverand maynard posted:

Definitely the latter.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

that's hilarious

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Pesticide20 posted:

The irony of the Freedom Caucus saving the ACA is incredible and I hope it isn't lost to its members

what no why would you hope that

let them languish in ignorance forever, stalling any repeal of Obamacare.

I'm still torn on whether I want the Republicans to own healthcare and get punished in the midterms, or whether i want millions of people to not die.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
My blood red GOP area is frothing mad that the bill is doing something other than straight up repealing Obamacare in its entirety

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

bird food bathtub posted:

He is not smart and is instead lashing out in fury at perceived slights against his ego because he doesn't get how the game is played in politics. The "freedom caucus" (gently caress I hate that name) is already making GBS threads on his gold plated ideas for not being a full repeal right now, and it's only going downhill from here.

I was talking about this with a mate yesterday. If trump was even slightly competent he would be dangerous as hell. Imagine if he could keep his fat mouth shut instead of lashing out constantly. Imagine if he forced through all his terrible ideas instead of demanding respect.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

They are against anything that benefits someone.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/CHueyBurns/status/844201893861777408

Yes, this is really all it takes to shatter their spine.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/CHueyBurns/status/844201893861777408

Yes, this is really all it takes to shatter their spine.

King has been on board with everything Trump from go hasn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Dont get me wrong the GOP hates this bill but they are a bunch of spineless fuckbats and both Trump, Ryan and McConnell know it. The people that need to vote No will be allowed to and this thing will pass.

• Locked thread